Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:00 PM

Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing (34365 Views)

Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance / Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by sonofthunder: 3:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
If na PO now, we no go hear word again undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by thedio(m): 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2022
OPICANTO2223:
Lie from hell. Cutting soap from Obi's legacy. Yorubba and fake life goddddd.
This man performed far better than Obi who could not increase Anambra IGR for over 4yrs. Oyetola increased osun IGR by 97% within 14months..,..pls look else where for Obi's mate.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by ObiLamba: 4:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke
Osun government no get account?
It is called cash at bank
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Collins9156(m): 4:15pm On Nov 27, 2022
The truth ll come out soon
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by ogbonti: 4:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
greenermodels:
Everybody wants to copy Peter Obi's style of maintaining fiscal discipline through the state living within it's earning limits instead of taking debts with nothing to show for it.

this is why Obi should win because if he does - politicians will start copying the style of stating what they left behind and what they did with what they are given - that’s a new culture which must be applauded

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by OPICANTO2223: 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2022
thedio:

This man performed far better than Obi who could not increase Anambra IGR for over 4yrs. Oyetola increased osun IGR by 97% within 14months..,..pls look else where for Obi's mate.

Just like Kemi Adeosun is bigger than Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Joshmuch: 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.
You mean president of Iragbiji Republic?
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Nicenixon: 4:43pm On Nov 27, 2022
Gaabasky:
One of the best governors in the SW, paid the outstanding debts of Aregbe, paid the salaries and others debt that Hafsal couldn't paid, construct roads and other infrastructural developments but his offenses were that he didn't give boys and odas money to shared.

This country self. The more u look, the less u see n understand.
Out of many people, only few are wise and fortunately you are one of the few.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by thayor150(m): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
November allocation has been diverted to various tinubu account. You just help you brother to change his money so that it won't expire. Cos I wonder y you left 14 billion naira in cash not in bank account. I pray fire will not burnt that office before tomorrow.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by thedio(m): 4:57pm On Nov 27, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

Just like Kemi Adeosun is bigger than Ngozi Okonjo Iweala?.
Lol. U know in ur mind that u can't compare Oyetola who is an insurance graduate with ur Obi who studied philosophy.
U can even see the difference with the way he incredibly increased a poor Osun state IGR.
Just imagine him govern Anambra for just 12months.
Why bringing Okonjo name into this matter?
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by OPICANTO2223: 5:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
thedio:

Lol. U know in ur mind that u can't compare Oyetola who is an insurance graduate with ur Obi who studied philosophy.
U can even see the difference with the way he incredibly increased a poor Osun state IGR.
Just imagine him govern Anambra for just 12months.
Why bringing Okonjo name into this matter?

Nawaoooo. It still baffles me how a tribe glorifies failure continuously.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by maridrug(m): 5:23pm On Nov 27, 2022
He never address the owed and unpaid gratuity and backlogged 1/2 paid pensions.
ALTERNATEID:

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by GratefulSoul27(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2022
ObiLamba:

It is called cash at bank

Thank you sir
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by thedio(m): 6:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

Nawaoooo. It still baffles me how a tribe glorifies failure continuously.
Imagine this from a bigot tribe.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by OPICANTO2223: 6:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
thedio:

Imagine this from a bigot tribe.

Am never a bigot, am just surprised how hooligans were allowed to pilot the affairs of a tribe of upto 40million people. Few good ones like Osinbajo and Ambode were either yanked off or others
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by fredoooooo: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

God bless you....

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by kingmaster2009: 7:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
codekanle:
https://osbcng.org/i-leave-behind-n14b-cash-pay-n97b-debt-without-borrowing-oyetola/

I'm sure Oyetola has set different traps for Adeleke for him to fulfil his administration promise ....and he knows that he can survive coming the second time....APC will root him out of that seat in 2026....
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by MasterTeeUSA: 7:52pm On Nov 27, 2022
The people are the problem. I told everyone he should have won and he would probably still win due to overvoting issues and fraud college documents presented to INEC. God bless true leaders.

ALTERNATEID:

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by pastormellanby: 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2022
I don't understand why people are shouting that this guy is trying to copy obi , what's the economic situation in Nigeria, oil was booming during those period, how many industries do we have in Osun state, what's the monthly allocation of Osun state after deduction from federal allocation, people should learn to reason things out before talking it is only a full that will compare the situation in Osun to Anambra, is economic situation pre buharis regime the same thing as during buharis regime.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by ejimatic: 8:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
codekanle:
https://osbcng.org/i-leave-behind-n14b-cash-pay-n97b-debt-without-borrowing-oyetola/
God has buttered the bread of Adelekes. Jackson will eat up Osun money as Insects so to sugar! grin grin grin
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by BigIyanga: 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
I thought leaving money behind for an incoming admin was bad.. Why are they crucifying Obi for?
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Tonim(f): 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

I agree. Oyetola cleaned up the fiscal mess Aregbesola left behind.

Unfortunately, the Osun populace didn’t appreciate it.

Well said.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Tonim(f): 8:44pm On Nov 27, 2022
Seefinish:
Though I am not from Osun state but I can say that the outgoing governor has managed the meager resources allotted to the state very well despite the debts he met on the ground.
People campaigned against him because of Tinubu and don't forget Osibanjo did not intervene; and don't forget also Aregbeshola's fight with both Tinubu and the governor.

Well said

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Tonim(f): 8:51pm On Nov 27, 2022
windvane:
most of you haven’t been following osun state development,that is why you are typing this…Even CBN gave oyetola an award last year for not borrowing a kobo,paying staff salaries and paying debt inherited!!the tinubu factor right!!!now the question is Can adeleke do same?

God bless you jare. Very well said.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Tonim(f): 9:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
abinsco25:

Former Governor Bisi Akande of Osun State left some money behind for Pdp in 2003

Please help me tell them wink
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by thedio(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
OPICANTO2223:

Am never a bigot, am just surprised how hooligans were allowed to pilot the affairs of a tribe of upto 40million people. Few good ones like Osinbajo and Ambode were either yanked off or others
U r not a bigot but tribalism has claimed ur sense of reasoning. Can't u see everyone as Nigerians. Why did u always talk about tribe.....guy u need to grow and wise up. We r all human regardless of ur race or religion.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Banhammy717: 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2022
You've done your best.
History will be kind to you.
Let's see what this Government will do after four years
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by windvane(m): 10:32pm On Nov 27, 2022
Tonim:

God bless you jare. Very well said.
Atimes we should put sentiments aside and say the truth,most people hate oyetola cus of tinubu but the guy really tried,paid salaries as at when due,he pays 13th month salary too….I just pray adeleke can sustain such cus we know the story of isiaka adeleke,the main adeleke that made all of them rich through being a governor back then
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Suunnn(f): 11:18pm On Nov 27, 2022
codekanle:

No difference between himself and his lies
What a look alike, nothing but lies

Contact me for your academic assignment, articles,, research works,,, thesis. WhatsApp Me..
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by pquaver(m): 12:13am On Nov 28, 2022
ibechris:
Obi didn't just leave money...he showed the people of the state via the state bank account for all to see.

Oga governor we need evidence...Bank account for all to see.

There is no crime in making it public at least.

Anybody can print a piece of paper.. The successor went with the paper to check the account and came back to confirm obi left debts behind go and ask Obiano and soludo. Obi is tge greatest 419 ever

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Adek15(m): 8:42am On Nov 28, 2022
My guys in Osun told me oyetola actually tried. People are just tired of APC in Osun
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Ojiofor: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2022
Make we wait until dancing governor Adeleke confirms the alert because you can't trust a Tinubu relative for his words.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Market Explosion: One Feared Dead, Sevearl Injured / Zahra Buhari Rocks N210,000 Dior Earrings (Photos) / Refinery & Petrochemical Plant At Ibigwe In Ohaji Egbema Imo State(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.