Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,107 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing (34372 Views)

Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance / Oyetola: I Will Handover To An APC Governor Elect In 2026 / Oyetola: I Wasn’t Barred From Attending APC Governors Meetings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by KazikageSama: 10:46am On Nov 27, 2022
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke
Osun government no get account?

Cash is both money in hand and in the bank Sir
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Akanoaaa(m): 10:50am On Nov 27, 2022
Elemosho478:
I have a feeling Osun would miss this man, Adeleke is a calamity waiting to happen.

Even if Adeleke himself is a calamity, people around him won't allow him to happen. Oga go and rest
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by seunowa(f): 10:59am On Nov 27, 2022
Thinktwicemybro:
How much did you steal? Let's verify first. Peter obi has really teach you people a biter lesson.
Peter obi, the packaged criminal
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by papiilo(m): 11:12am On Nov 27, 2022
iLegendd:
That cash belongs to him. He couldn't meet up in taking all to the bank to deposit without being caught by EFCC, so he decided to leave it behind. Why keep such an amount in cash if not for stealing.
must you comment on every thread?

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Atunga: 11:19am On Nov 27, 2022
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke

The money in your account is considered cash.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Funflipper: 11:23am On Nov 27, 2022
oluwaseunamos33:
even me fear. Whether banks no dey osun

Na stone dem dey keep for bank abi cash? Even with the huge sum mentioned, una initiative no fit still tell una say na bank the money dey? You guys cannot afford the consequences of being this slow.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by arsenal33: 11:40am On Nov 27, 2022
Sasi54:
And so? So u want us to start dancing! We all know u just lied
if your hero said the same you will be dancing
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Nobody: 11:48am On Nov 27, 2022
And one illiterate is about to manage 14 billion!

Tye curse upon Africa is divine
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by abinsco25(m): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2022
unclejb2:
Peter Obi has set an example and a standard in governance.

Peter Obi for president
Former Governor Bisi Akande of Osun State left some money behind for Pdp in 2003
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by latolz: 11:54am On Nov 27, 2022
Auditor generals office will verify
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Obalola2010(m): 11:55am On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.

Nothing to add. I pray we don't regret our action. What baffles me most, is people that knows nothing about the state, comes out to write rubbish.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by bluecircle470: 11:56am On Nov 27, 2022
Sasi54:

Just the way Obi lied that he left billions in the account abi
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by abinsco25(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2022
adexoramo:
I still don't understand exactly why osun people didn't see anything good about this man. I so much love him and I voted for him in the last election. He never borrowed and yet he never owed salaries and still manage to complete some projects. I pray osun people don't regret not voting him in the next 4 years.

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.
Mt brother
The kind of government people love is the one that is wasteful. One that spent money anyhow, partying, sharing, money, etc. Capital and human development is not our problem but what to eat.
That's why it would be difficult for the like of Peter Obi to win election.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by GeneralDae: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2022
Felabrity:
What an achievement
Isn't that also Obi's achievement?
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by edungene7: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
Audio money a criminal per excellence trying to form peter obi, peter obi quoted the bank and the sum left in it ole
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Superwave16320: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
But Pandora did the same thing n your bigoted hate filled father is still celebrating that till date.

Sasi54:
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Felabrity: 12:05pm On Nov 27, 2022
GeneralDae:

Isn't that also Obi's achievement?
he left behind?
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by casualobserver: 12:08pm On Nov 27, 2022
Osun will hear it!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by casualobserver: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2022
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke

Illiteracy is worrying you

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Bonavi: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2022
codekanle:
https://osbcng.org/i-leave-behind-n14b-cash-pay-n97b-debt-without-borrowing-oyetola/
and that's why Osun remains a stone age district where mud house and red roofs litter everywhere. The claim of leaving money without borrowing and clearing debts obviously would be proved wrong by the incoming government
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Bantu10: 12:19pm On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Cash does not mean raw cash. He left N14billion in the account of the state and not raw cash. That you don’t even understand something this basic is very troubling.

More troubling is the fact that you think tinubu the drug lord will be the president of this country
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by localboy: 12:20pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by ufuosman(m): 12:25pm On Nov 27, 2022
Dance senate will hv to confirm it first
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by DesChyko: 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
In the spirit of leaving resources behind for state government, Peter Obi left a signed handover note of #75bn in named accounts; not to mention investments in the government names.

Do well to do the same; leave behind a signed document. Might I add that since Osun generates a higher IGR than Anambra currently, we'd expect to see better results. cool

Going forward, this should be a metric to be adopted by any leader leaving power.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by sultry69(m): 12:38pm On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Oyetola tried in terms of management of the state finance,and also executed handful of projects with the meager amount the state had,he was a good manager, don't doubt about it.

But vendetta was what really killed him,he saw Aregbe as his main opponent instead of the PDP,You were his kitchen cabinet during his administration and you always present when decision on State was made as Chief staff to the Governor, then why castigated virtually all his legacy. He always talked about loans borrowed by Aregbe as if he was not their when reaching the decision.we good citizens of Osun seen and felt the projects he did with the loans.

Oshogbo was mere local govt headquarter before the advent of Aregbe,he spent hundred of billions in Osogbo, and now we can proud of befitting state capital, Aregbe remained the father of modern Osun state,he did quality construction of works that we have not witness before his administration,even local govt roads across the state were grade A,He was the Governor that set the standard for Osun and any governor that do below will be sacked,although Oyetola did standard projects according to state financial capacity, but vendetta was his problem,he was a sadist.
JODI PICOULT once said"when you begin a journey of revenge,start by digging two graves;one for your enemy and one for yourself "but this sadist forgot to dig one for himself, that was why he fell in to the one he dug for his enemy.

,Oshogbo people were progressive completely, but they destroyed Oyetola for his vendetta against Aregbe and any Governor who choose to ridiculed Aregbe in Osogbo will got more than what he bargained for.He always outshine any present governor in Osogbo since 2007 he entered Osun and there is nothing any Governor can do about it unless he wanted to face people's wrath.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Kaa4(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2022
In bank balances! [color=#000099][/color]Osun people will cry like Nigerians are doing now! That's sure. One of the best manager of resources just left. Get your dancing Governor
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Bastardlyrich: 12:49pm On Nov 27, 2022
Oyetola the yoru bad fake Muslimnss has directed Tinubu paid media foolls to sing his praises to deceive guilible once.
Oyetola that is so hated in osun state,he even lost the government house polling unit to the Yoruba Christian adeleke who is half Igbo,half Yoruba.
Is remaining the sick theiffnubu,I just hope Tinubu will do the awolowo once he lost so Yoruba Christians can finally breath from the corruptt sick theiff.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Indispensable85(m): 12:50pm On Nov 27, 2022
In a short while Osun people will start praising oyetola as Edo people are currently praising oshiomhole.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Atlantis585: 12:54pm On Nov 27, 2022
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Atlantis585: 1:00pm On Nov 27, 2022
So the biggest crook in Nigerian politics, Mr Froggie Druggie Thiefnubbu will also now lose Osun in addition to Oyo, Lagos and Ogun?

Where remain for Bulaba Olule again na?

Chai!

Epele sir.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Dirpetaner: 1:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Thi man is better than that thief aregbesola that almost killed Osun state economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Refinery & Petrochemical Plant At Ibigwe In Ohaji Egbema Imo State(photos) / 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah / #presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.