Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing (34367 Views)

Oyetola: I Left ₦‎14 Billion For Adeleke; He Doesn’t Understand Governance / Serving Governor Withdrew ₦60 Billion Cash In Six Years ― EFCC / Wike: In My Own Election, NDDC Brought N10 Billion Cash To Fight Against Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Franchise21(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him .
Wake up from that slumber of yours

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by foleskay(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2022
Throwback:
The state is now a toy in the hands of Ade the dancer.
Werey.. Ade d dancer is more influencer than ur father. Oponu urchin tongue
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by crixlight2(m): 9:40am On Nov 27, 2022
GratefulSoul27:
14billion in cash ke
Osun government no get account?
You no go school ni or what ?, he said 14b in cash and not asset or money still expecting , he later stated the money they are still expecting… 14b in cash is different from 14b cash

4 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by onegig(m): 9:42am On Nov 27, 2022
This guy would be back in no distant future. Osun needed someone like him after the spend crazy borrow crazy government of Aregbe.

He was extremely good. As usual Nigerians love to choose their poison. Osun is a civil servant state but they want a government that just donates money and spends lavishly without working for it or understanding basic economics that you should only spend what you can earn.

But nah. They don't mind government borrowing to do owambe and shout later that they are paying debts without any infrastructure to show for it.

Thankfully for those set of people the spend the money gang are in now. I wish the State the best of luck.

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by foleskay(m): 9:43am On Nov 27, 2022
Make him getat abeg. D defeat really affected this man physce that he started making some stupid decisions and needless appointment.it was like he lost his son. D defeat really pained his sorry ass. Osun people re in joyous mood rt now especially the pension ers.

Not less than 1k cows will be slaughtered in osun today. Asoebi don full everywhere. Its like a carnival rt now. grin

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by yankison(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2022
foleskay:
Make him getat abeg. D defeat really affected this man physce that he started making some stupid decisions and needless appointment.it was like he lost his son. D defeat really pained his sorry ass. Osun people re in joyous mood rt now especially the pension ers.

Not less than 1k cows will be slaughtered in osun today. Asoebi don full everywhere. Its like a carnival rt now. grin

We would see what the dancing governor would do in 100days ..sentiments is what is killing the nation
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Segzy19: 9:48am On Nov 27, 2022
Go and sit down jare...

greenermodels:
Everybody wants to copy Peter Obi's style of maintaining fiscal discipline through the state living within it's earning limits instead of taking debts with nothing to show for it.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by badoh(m): 9:48am On Nov 27, 2022
adexoramo:
I still don't understand exactly why osun people didn't see anything good about this man. I so much love him and I voted for him in the last election. He never borrowed and yet he never owed salaries and still manage to complete some projects. I pray osun people don't regret not voting him in the next 4 years.

Oyetola is the best governor in recent years in Nigeria looking at the way he managed the extremely poor finances of Osun state. Aregbesola accumulated so much debt and still couldn’t pay workers salaries. Oyetola did not borrow a dime, paid back some of the Aregbe debt, paid workers as at when due, did some capital projects and still left money behind for the incoming administration.

Sadly, any governor that is prudent with state resources is not always popular with the people. We prefer the governor that accumulates huge debt and share everything to political cronies and state elites. In the next four years, we shall be here God willing to do a postmortem of the Ade Dancer administration.

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.
He may have tried in some aspects but some of our leaders are extremely wicked and without human feelings. Do you know we have state retirees as far back as 2017 yet to receive even a month pension, this governor had to waste public fund in executing local govt election few weeks to him leaving office. This same election has now been nullified by a federal high court in Osogbo. Why can't he use such fund to clear some of the over 5 years unpaid pension not to talk of gratuity?

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Segzy19: 9:49am On Nov 27, 2022
That's what people don't know. The data is there with NBS. Only if people will research...
Anyway he has done his bit.

Let's see how the next person will perform..
ALTERNATEID:

Hopefully, President Bola Tinubu will take this guy to Abuja as Finance minister next year. He’s an excellent financial manager. We need folks like him to manage the finances of this country in this period. Posterity will be very kind to him.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by tamdun: 9:52am On Nov 27, 2022
OPICANTO2223:
Lie from hell. Cutting soap from Obi's legacy. Yorubba and fake life goddddd.
U guys are stupid ,u think everything is competition and what made it obi legacy?

8 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by foleskay(m): 9:54am On Nov 27, 2022
yankison:

We would see what the dancing governor would do in 100days ..sentiments is what is killing the nation
Your sentimental eyes wouldn't allow u see his achievement in 100 days.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by diplomat058(m): 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
clinician2x:

where did you "best governor" according to your afonja idiotic thinking pack 14bn naira cash abeg? What sort stupid and proudly retrogressive black monkey thinking is this? Did he stuff them in sacs or in underground safe?

You and sense should not be in same sentence. What a waste of oxygen!

5 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by ALTERNATEID: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
Sarch:
He did very well but don't forget that osun cannot take loan, if not, he would still have added to their already huge debt.

There are various institutions that can give loan to a state government. If Oyetola wanted loan, he would have gotten it from a number of places. I can assure you that Adeleke will take nothing less than N100billion loan in the next one year.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Minjim: 10:00am On Nov 27, 2022
Sasi54:
And so? So u want us to start dancing! We all know u just lied

Prove him wrong or STFU!
Thank an opposition government is coming in, we'll soon know who's lying
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

The conclusive part of your write up really sweet my heart
God bless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Minjim: 10:03am On Nov 27, 2022
Sarch:
He did very well but don't forget that osun cannot take loan, if not, he would still have added to their already huge debt.

Why can't Osun borrow money.

Any state in Nigeria can borrow money. There are many WB loans available to state if they choose to borrow.

He just doesn't want to borrow because he knows borrowing is an economic trap
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Burgerlomo: 10:03am On Nov 27, 2022
You have done well sir, now go and withdraw your petition from the tribunal and let our skelewu grin dancing senator continue from where you stopped.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by odunH(m): 10:05am On Nov 27, 2022
Theoarhics:
Criminal trying to form Peter Obi
Mumu! Must everything be around peter obi. Get lost and get a life personally. Celebrate people when you need to. Is obi even a saints even if you think he is a better option. Stop this rubbish clannish hatred and diminutive political being and lastly nuisance political jargons should be looked into on this platform. May the best man for the job wins.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Osun state.

2 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by NikosonGroup(m): 10:10am On Nov 27, 2022
armadeo:

We all know naaa. Leave the clown.

Adeleke must shout say na lie on his first day. Say debt dey.

Naija na circus

He didn't say he paid all the debt. He said he paid a large part and didn't borrow but managed the ones he got and still left money for the incoming.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Ofachiedo: 10:11am On Nov 27, 2022
All that is needed is to make enquiry from the state treasury.
Dialpad:
Does Osun have that kind of money
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by southsouthking(m): 10:13am On Nov 27, 2022
chrisdolly:
That will be in his handover letter!!! Tell your father to work hard too.
Hate will kill una one day!!!

Going through your previous post on NL, I've come to realize the kinda person you are.
I know your type already, always quick to insult someone's parents.
I won't drag your innocent parents into our banter, God be with them and bless them in abundance.
Have a nice day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by tinsel: 10:16am On Nov 27, 2022
The people abusing this governor for his excellent performance are obidients. Is it they hate any thing good news from anybody related to Tinubu or what? What kind of people are these guys? It is irritating. The main reason they are campaigning for Obi is because he did not borrow money and again left money when he was leaving. Now, another person did same thing and they are abusing him.

3 Likes

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Coronavirus1: 10:19am On Nov 27, 2022
Oga 2 days to go a budget was pass instead of the incoming governor so that is part of the money you are living behind after collecting your share.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by tinsel: 10:22am On Nov 27, 2022
Coronavirus1:
Oga 2 days to go a budget was pass instead of the incoming governor so that is part of the money you are living behind after collecting your share.
See this guy. A budget is not money available but expected revenue and expenditure for the coming year.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by OfficialAPCNig: 10:23am On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

No wonder you people hate Peter Obi
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by owomano(m): 10:33am On Nov 27, 2022
I thought EFCC' Bawa promised sweet rewards for anyone who knows where hidden cash are kept by anyone?
14billion naira cash, if true, needs to be investigated by EFCC.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Gidariro: 10:34am On Nov 27, 2022
ALTERNATEID:

Nice write up, unbiased and fair to some of us from Osun state. Nigeria is a funny country; how can you elect a "dancing governor" who from all indications is cerebrally poor over Oyetola who has never owed salaries despite the lean purse of the state. We will see how Adeleke is going to transform Osun state.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Omoapena(m): 10:37am On Nov 27, 2022
Mrkindness:
you are daft.

Very very
The guy is a stack illiterate
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by owomano(m): 10:38am On Nov 27, 2022
odunH:
Mumu! Must everything be around peter obi. Get lost and get a life personally. Celebrate people when you need to. Is obi even a saints even if you think he is a better option. Stop this rubbish clannish hatred and diminutive political being and lastly nuisance political jargons should be looked into on this platform. May the best man for the job wins.
God bless Nigeria.
God bless Osun state.

U have time answering him. Just ignore the begot.
The way they insult people here no get mate at all. Especially the so called Obidients. I am an Obidient doesn't mean I won't see anything good else where.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by stanluiz(m): 10:43am On Nov 27, 2022
Let him provide the bank statements of the accounts. Thats the only way we can believe him.

Let him publish it in the pages of newspaper.
Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by KazikageSama: 10:44am On Nov 27, 2022
Oyetola is the only APC Gov I support cos of his prudency. Aregbe put the state in a very destructive pathway, he borrowed billions and almost rendered the state in ruins as he could noclonger pay salaries hence the silly half salary structure. Oyetila corrected that messed but he's not a politician.

Nigerians love lies and deceits and Osun people will def. reap the benefit of voting for Adeleke.

1 Like

Re: Oyetola: I Leave Behind ₦‎14 Billion Cash, Paid ₦‎97b Debt Without Borrowing by Fearyourcreator: 10:46am On Nov 27, 2022
Seefinish:
Though I am not from Osun state but I can say that the outgoing governor has managed the meager resources allotted to the state very well despite the debts he met on the ground.
People campaigned against him because of Tinubu and don't forget Osibanjo did not intervene; and don't forget also Aregbeshola's fight with both Tinubu and the governor.
Just imagine... Nigeria no fit good se

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

#presidentialmediachat: Buhari Not Different From Adolf Hitler – PDP / 46 Armed Fulani Arrested In Oyo Are Vigilantes Securing Communities:Miyeti Allah / 'Buhari For Life' - Ex-Presidential Spokesperson, Adesina Admires MMIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.