Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge (30806 Views)

Lagos Moves Against One-Way Driving, Forms Special Taskforce / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge / Lagos Moves To Stop Church, Mosque Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by TrumpDonald2: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2022
BannedUser:

Is electricity a Lagos problem or a National problem? Dumb statement.

You obviously don't know the magnitude of this project or are just willfully ignorant. The road to my base in Lagos has been bad for more than five years. I can gladly wait for another 5-10 years before govt. fixes the road if they can deliver 4th Mainland Bridge within the same period. At least 50% of all congestions will be reduced. I'm certain of that.

grin grin grin Oh! Electricity is now a national problem? I thought Lagos is so special and so rich and prosperous because of Thieffnubu, that if he's elected, he will turn Nigeria into Lagos? grin grin

I thought Thieffnubu has turned Lagos into Paradise, yet he did not provide steady electricity? Because the way you urchins talk about Thieffnubu and Lagos, a person who doesn't know Lagos will feel Lagos is heaven on earth. The road to your house is even bad grin grin

Thanks for your comment.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by ogwumgbe: 7:48am On Nov 29, 2022
plaindealer:

Ans when you get your biafra, you go carry Lagos and Abuja and join them with your biafra..? grin grin

Your politicians have houses in Dubai, London and UK, does it make them citizens of those nations, or are they having sleepless nights over their investments that they thing of carrying London on their heads and dumping it at Lekki?
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by EM123: 7:50am On Nov 29, 2022
Abdul05:
Together

Let us lend our hands in salvage this country by supporting tinubu for president. ... cheesy l beg u all

bro please what did tinubu do in lagos that will make us support him? And what was is major source of income before becoming the governor of lagos state? If you can make this clear i and others will support him? 7 p
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by bizzibodi(m): 7:52am On Nov 29, 2022
See how they pronounced $2.5bn like beans,they have graduated from costing in naira to dollar,instead of him to tackle street roads.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Eriokanmi: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2022
Parachoko:
You're right about this. I hope the state govt is serious about constructing the bridge this time around.
Where would they get the money from? Do you know how much the lagos literail gulped? Do you know jakande started it? Till now, they're still on it. Even IBB that constructed the 3rd mainland bridge borrowed to do it. It took years to complete THE construction. As huge as the money was, we couldn't pay back in decades. Eventually, they had to write it off for us. How much is lagos IGR? By the time you convert those billions of naira IGR to usd, its a small amount and they can't concentrate it only on bridge and abandon staff salary and other recurrent expenditures. Despise the IGR received, they still borrow
Go and ask the fg how much the 2nd Niger bridge has gulped so far as short as it is...and they're still on it. They've started again as they did in 2015 , showing the gullible minds those projects in 3D. Sanwoolu is finishing his first term soon. What has he done so far? Thst will give you a clue.

4th mainland bridge won't start now. Its a political gimmick. Don't fall for it.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by ogwumgbe: 7:56am On Nov 29, 2022
Jogs1900:

Lagos airport and wharf has been in Lagos before colonial era..okay..Your federal government only upgraded it as a form of investment after grabbing all the investment of our fore father through unitary system of government spearheaded by Aguiyi ironsi.
Unfortunately the same investment you listed are in Kaduna too...now tell us why Kaduna state is not competing with Lagos economically.
Lagos was the capital of Nigeria from 1914 - 1991; it was stripped of this title when the Federal Capital Territory was established at the purpose-built city of Abuja. However, most government functions (especially the head of state) stayed in Lagos for a time since Abuja was still under construction.
Read and spot the difference bro, Nigeria became a Nation in 1914 and Lagos enjoyed capital status until it ended in 1991, almost 85 years, so whatsoever was built there was invested in it as the Nations's capital, so stop taking the glory of collective effort. It's just like one Mallam claiming and taking glory of Abuja
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Perfectbeing(m): 7:56am On Nov 29, 2022
Sasi54:
This country has be made to lead the rest of the World.Accept it or not, this is what is going to happen. This I have seen!
You see it too?
I can almost touch this future..
This is no longer faith but actually reality.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Your politicians have houses in Dubai, London and UK, does it make them citizens of those nations, or are they having sleepless nights over their investments that they thing of carrying London on their heads and dumping it at Lekki?

Pandora's mansion dey London

His money dey abroad inside Pandora account

His children dey abroad, but you poor sit at home slave dey worry about me on the internet..

You and your entire people are under a brutal and barbaric ESN and UGM terrorist control.

Sit at home loser . grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Bigchristo: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2022
Quintopia:

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/nigerias-lagos-shortlists-mota-engil-chinese-ventures-25-bln-bridge-2022-11-27/
I will keep saying it who like cry blood I don’t give an F, Lagos state nor be any other state mate for this country, it should have been a country of its own considering the king of infrastructural developments going on there Sanwolu Dey deliver no cap

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Where would they get the money from? Do you know how much the lagos literail gulped? Do you know jakande started it? Till now, they're still on it. Even IBB that constructed the 3rd mainland bridge borrowed to do it. It took years to complete THE construction. As huge as the money was, we couldn't pay back in decades. Eventually, they had to write it off for us. How much is lagos IGR? By the time you convert those billions of naira IGR to usd, its a small amount and they can't concentrate it only on bridge and abandon staff salary and other recurrent expenditures. Despise the IGR received, they still borrow
Go and ask the fg how much the 2nd Niger bridge has gulped so far as short as it is...and they're still on it. They've started again as they did in 2015 , showing the gullible minds those projects in 3D. Sanwoolu is finishing his first term soon. What has he done so far? Thst will give you a clue.

4th mainland bridge won't start now. Its a political gimmick. Don't fall for it.
You Igbos know more and even better than the rest of Nigeria, but you are the poorest, the most unproductive, you can not even leave your house to make a living without getting slaughtered....

.....but you love to lecture the rest of Nigeria.

How come you trolls don't share your Wonderful concerns and advise with your useless and incompetent kerosene, borehole and wheelbarrow isi ewu governors.. grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by ogwumgbe: 8:02am On Nov 29, 2022
plaindealer:

Pandora's mansion dey London

His money dey abroad inside Pandora account

His children dey abroad, but you poor sit at home slave dey worry about me in the internet..

You and your entire people are under a brutal and barbaric ESN and UGM terrorist control.

Sit at home loser . grin

You are the biggest loser bro, you can't do what they do and are pained. You have no guts to do it. Your Amotekun has been bullied not to pick up arms, but none is bullying the ESN about picking up arms brother, you are the most cowardice people on earth. Your cowardice stinks to highest heaven. it's not that you are happy been taken over by others, it's just that you are too cowardy in nature to do anything about it. Cowards, when others exhibit bravery, you will boast with the Nigeria armed forces, but when the bravery continues, you start preaching useless hypocritical sermons and stary crying more than the bereaved, common get out of here you stinking coward ape. Read your history, any people that want freedom always fight for it, US, UK, FRACE, and many others, so go and sleep you coward stinking hyena
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by misterjosh(m): 8:03am On Nov 29, 2022
Sasi54:
This country has be made to lead the rest of the World.Accept it or not, this is what is going to happen. This I have seen!

Joker undecided
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BigBashiru: 8:03am On Nov 29, 2022
Portugal is a colonizer...why are we giving them a project??

EU Foreign Minister Joseph Borrel said EU is a garden and the rest of the world a jungle - they indirectly saying Africa....why are we giving Portugal a project.

Portugal is a very small country with no construction experience...why are we giving them a project??
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 8:04am On Nov 29, 2022
When was the last time these ipob loud mouths showed us anything commissioned anywhere in the entire SE?

.. not even a borehole..

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BigBashiru: 8:05am On Nov 29, 2022
Eniitankorede:

What did Peter Obi do in Anambra? Won’t you be more interested in that? Lagos is the fastest developing state in Nigeria and yet you get bad belly. We are making astronomical progress in Lagos, government is a continuum. We are progressive, enemies can hang themselves.

Building of bridge is not an achievement....and there is no need for bridges in Anambra since it's landlocked and there are no islands....
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2022
BigBashiru:
Portugal is a colonizer...why are we giving them a project??

EU Foreign Minister Joseph Borrel said EU is a garden and the rest of the world a jungle - they indirectly saying Africa....why are we giving Portugal a project.

Portugal is a very small country with no construction experience...why are we giving them a project??

Research the company and their past and current projects, this is how to make informed and educated judgement.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2022
ogwumgbe:

You are the biggest loser bro, you can't do what they do and are pained. You have no guts to do it. Your Amotekun has been bullied not to pick up arms, but none is bullying the ESN about picking up arms brother, you are the most cowardice people on earth. Your cowardice stinks to highest heaven. it's not that you are happy been taken over by others, it's just that you are too cowardy in nature to do anything about it. Cowards, when others exhibit bravery, you will boast with the Nigeria armed forces, but when the bravery continues, you start preaching useless hypocritical sermons and stary crying more than the bereaved, common get out of here you stinking coward ape. Read your history, any people that want freedom always fight for it, US, UK, FRACE, and many others, so go and sleep you coward stinking hyena

Typical sit at home ESN and UGM jargon..

No sense, just utter rubbish as usual..

grin
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BigBashiru: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2022
The bid by Portugal on this project is significant for those that know history....it means they are continuing to lay claim on Lagos as Portuguese property. Don't forget Portugal gave Lagos its current name. Lagos is a Portuguese word. Portugal navy ships also comes to patrol the waters surrounding Lagos...Lagos internet cables also terminate in Portugal....so they want to create a colonial dependency....
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BigBashiru: 8:08am On Nov 29, 2022
plaindealer:

Research the company and their past and current projects, this is how to make informed and educated judgement.

Read my last post just above this message
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by thinkmoney(m): 8:14am On Nov 29, 2022
Eniitankorede:

What did Peter Obi do in Anambra? Won’t you be more interested in that? Lagos is the fastest developing state in Nigeria and yet you get bad belly. We are making astronomical progress in Lagos, government is a continuum. We are progressive, enemies can hang themselves.
We are tired of debating fools like u.
Anambra government under Obi did better than Tinubu due to vital stats. Lagos has far more money than many countries.
One will be a fool to measure progress by just what is done. The wise way to measure progress is by gauging what every state realistically can do and if they do it.
If somebody that has a million uses 500k to build and somebody else that has a 100k uses 90k to build, the person with the 100k is the one that had really done more.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 29, 2022
Nede:
the one he said in 2015, how far? Which one you benefit. Your memory remain 2.3mb

Was Tinubu the president? No. Your sense remain one bar.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Slurity(m): 8:17am On Nov 29, 2022
Validated:
This project was used by Fashola to campaign 2 times, Ambode and now 2ice by Sanwuolu.
#Una mumu never do?
If the whole Nigeria mumu like Lagos, Nigeria will be far better. Use your brain to judge situations and not hatred in your heart.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by plaindealer: 8:18am On Nov 29, 2022
BigBashiru:

Read my last post just above this message

I read it, bi was just trying to point out that this company is a major player in the global construction industry.

They started with 15 biders including JB before getting down to 3.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by chriss100: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2022
plaindealer:
The usual Igbos crying over Lagos is always hilarious...

When are they going to show the smallest concern for their stone age abomination sit at home hell hole?

Chai !! See filth. This is what I term a barren and desolate unsightly back-water hell-hole. Bunch of booty scratching chimps right there!!

Instead of their children to hold their leaders accountable, they’d rather spend their entire existence either online or in SW crying over Tinubu, Lagos, SW, el rufai, kaduna and buhari.

Mehn!! This shit-hole region has gone to the dogs. grin

While they continue to wail over Lagos… kindly checkout the state capital of their “richest” state. That slum is overflowing with toxic waste, trash, stench, louts, madmen, hunger, sorrow, shit, urine, disease, viruses, sadness, poverty and agony. No wonder they are all leaving for the SW in droves.

What a failed region.. what a pathetic race. Spits*

https://twitter.com/multimeverse/status/1592377657534320641?s=46&t=YQ9kJSev0h43VRd9lTRXLA

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by koning: 8:20am On Nov 29, 2022
ogwumgbe:

Lagos is a federal State bro, and doesn't belong to any region just like Abuja, so stop boasting with Lagos, boast with any other state in your region and not Lagos

The sad and funny part is that these fools boasting with Lagos are from the rural areas of Ondo, Osun, or Oyo states.

Just because you are Yoruba does not mean you have any stake in Lagos.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Allisgud: 8:25am On Nov 29, 2022
Abdul05:
Together

Let us lend our hands in salvage this country by supporting tinubu for president. ... cheesy l beg u all

if u are owing tinubu as one of the people he made go and pack ur village people and vote for him no disturb us
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by ogwumgbe: 8:33am On Nov 29, 2022
koning:

The sad and funny part is that these fools boasting with Lagos are from the rural areas of Ondo, Osun, or Oyo states.

Just because you are Yoruba does not mean you have any stake in Lagos.

Absolutely brother, Lagos, Lagos, Lagos, yet they do not have single investment there, but will making noise here
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Kalikuta1: 8:43am On Nov 29, 2022
So they are going to add toll gate again. Does it mean that with all the money Lagos have, they can't finance a project on their own.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Kalikuta1: 8:44am On Nov 29, 2022
Why must the contractors come from China
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BannedUser: 9:03am On Nov 29, 2022
Buddha3:

Contrary to mass belief, electricity is actually NOT a National problem. There are states and cities in Nigeria that enjoy (at least) 16 hours of steady supply daily. But you wouldn't know that because you do not travel. You sit in the confines of your small environment and push lethargic theories, simply because Nairaland (the hotbed of fake news and tribal extremists) told you so.

Quite sad!

You chose the wrong person to argue with. I work in a 450MW capacity power station. Do you know the roles Gencos, TCN and Discos need to play in solving the energy crisis? You are a mumu
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by BannedUser: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2022
TrumpDonald2:

grin grin grin Oh! Electricity is now a national problem? I thought Lagos is so special and so rich and prosperous because of Thieffnubu, that if he's elected, he will turn Nigeria into Lagos? grin grin

I thought Thieffnubu has turned Lagos into Paradise, yet he did not provide steady electricity? Because the way you urchins talk about Thieffnubu and Lagos, a person who doesn't know Lagos will feel Lagos is heaven on earth. The road to your house is even bad grin grin

Thanks for your comment.

My comment has no bearing with politics. Your stupidity is glaring. I'll rather waste my time trying to fill a basket with water than in an argument with you.
Re: Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 9:10am On Nov 29, 2022
BannedUser:

You chose the wrong person to argue with. I work in a 450MW capacity power station. Do you know the roles Gencos, TCN and Discos need to play in solving the energy crisis? You are a mumu

You chose the wrong person to insult.

I dare you to mention just the name of the power station where you work and I promise you'll be jobless in just a week!

Since you're too dense to address people in public without resorting to the use of slurs.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

FFK Dumps Yoruba Nation, IPOB, Says "I'm Committed To The Unity Of Nigeria" / Tinubu Informs Buhari Of 2023 Presidential Ambition / Kaduna: Arrested People In Viral Video Were Herders Mistaken For Bandits– Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.