Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,940 members, 7,810,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54887 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tamilore11:
Yes, we re free to walk out of an abusive marriage unlike u ppl dat sell ur daughter to a stranger. Despite dat, she has no inheritance in her father’s house nor her husband’s house. Very shameful tradition. In Yoruba, we share properties from eldest to youngest irrespective of the gender. We don’t discriminate genders at all. I will choose Yoruba over n over again. I have seen women inherit their late husband properties in Yoruba land. It cannot happen in Igbo land, always maltreating their widows. U ppl are so WICKED. God forbid bad thing

You're du mb!

Marriage often time varies from place to place.

This list is higher in cost than the list my sister's husband was given.

Learn to use your sense when dealing with a broad issue like this.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Austinbass12(m): 3:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
I married from ideato north LG in imo state, I'm not sure the list was up to 250k most of they things the requested in the list was not even bought complete yet the still accepted with good heart. Most importantly have a good father in-law you'll enjoy the benefits whether Yoruba or Igbo...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by YeyeGbami: 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
Foolishness dey worry all of una, wetin una dey find una eye go see am. Shebi una dey see wetin tribalism dey cost countries.

Keep it up suckers.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by timiade446(m): 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

you mean your trash of a late king buried woefully with your culture and tradition replaced with terrorism doings..

You can stop quoting me when you done rating
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
timiade446:

You can stop quoting me when you done rating

I won't stop..I'm disappointed in afonja and you should too..

Besides when is your generation taking back ilorin?

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
You are the stupid and dumb person dat thinks marriage dat lasts is based on bride price list. Or didn’t u see ur previous comments? Dumb head!!
AllDModsAreMaad:

You're du mb!

Marriage often time varies from place to place.

This list is higher in cost than the list my sister's husband was given.

Learn to use your sense when dealing with a broad issue like this.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
D message wasn’t for u. Sorry
Latty88:

All these tribal bigots! What make you think I am not Yoruba? We are discussing an issue for people to learn especially those from other ethnic groups who have or want to have something with yorubas.

It’s only the poor that discriminate. Tribal discrimination will not take you anywhere!
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by edward1106(m): 4:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:

Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha

In India, I believe you know what happens which is more or less like the opposite of what we have here.
In Nigeria, I BELIEVE, hell no! I KNOW you KNOW we have different ethnic group and so different cultures and tradition. It's not a most you marry from somewhere. Marry who you love and love who you have married regardless of the list.

The bible teaching of JACOB will make you understand my point better
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ford101: 4:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:
I'm really proud of we yorubas in this aspect... I can remember during my elder sis wedding, we made things just too easy for the groom.. No stress and unnecessary bills on him... Infact, he'd already have the sense of these people not selling their daughter....

Fast forward to 2022, I impregnated an Igbo lady.. I reason am say make I kuku tie knot with her... The bills these people put on me alone mehn, I was shocked... I tot it was just exaggeration that igbos traditional rites is expensive... That shit got me so pissed like are u guys trying to fucking sell your daughter... I realised they don't even care about if you really want to take care of their daughter or not... All they care about is that list and the exorbitant unnecessary things on the list... Las Las, it discouraged me totally...

No love from those people at all... Well, maybe it's just how that particular family is wired!
your own is even good.my brother I can never dream of taking a yoruba girl as girl friend let alone wife.i don't hate them personally ooo but the are to dirty and carefree and in marriage the still have an entitlement to sleep around.i can't dream of taking a yoruba woman serious in a relationship.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
U ppl are greedy, dat is all. U see ur daughters as goods and slaves. Same daughters dat u don’t give inheritance too? Same daughters dat don’t inherit Anytin in their husband house? Plz say somtin new. U all worship money. No be say Una like ur daughters. Big lie. U can use Anytin to exchange for money including ur daughters
OfficialAPCNig:

We don't give out our daughter to broke men. Go and make money or marry your sisters

Simple

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Mercury12(m): 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
stanbright:
But Igbo girls da marry always.If you don’t have money marry another tribe,stop ranting here unnecessarily
why are y'all crying in my mentions. I didnt mention any tribe name nah or are you a Yoruba hater?.

cc:
@Nwatachoba1 ; Oga I respect everyone culture as long as they respect mine. I didn't mention any tribe to my post or are you a Yoruba hater I refer to?

@Greenback : you your hypocrisy knows no bound. It is okay for your brothers to say trash against Yoruba and not okay when Yoruba to respond to your trash? Myopic bigot. Remove the log from your eyes .

@stanbright : I never mention Igbo name in my post. I said Yoruba haters? Are you a Yoruba hater. Why body dey pepper u like this lol

@Princewell2012 it is even a lot more cheaper than what is on that list. But the point is that the family care more about you taking good care of their daughter than the bride price money and items

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
They are too dirty? Or the area u stay? So davido’s ppl are dirty or so many wealthy Yoruba ppl? Oga, u went for a lowlife just like u. A pig attracts a pig. Stop crying here
ford101:
your own is even good.my brother I can never dream of taking a yoruba girl as girl friend let alone wife.i don't hate them personally ooo but the are to dirty and carefree and in marriage the still have an entitlement to sleep around.i can't dream of taking a yoruba woman serious in a relationship.

4 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Igbo gals have the highest number of old spinsters. Most of dem do ashewo here in lagos. Old old ladies with no one to marry. Check majority of old spinsters, they are igbo ladies. Ur men prefer marrying dem young den dump the old ones for who? Lmao. U ppl are doing ur selves. Continue
stanbright:
But Igbo girls da marry always.If you don’t have money marry another tribe,stop ranting here unnecessarily

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by ford101: 4:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tamilore11:
They are too dirty? Or the area u stay? So davido’s ppl are dirty or so many wealthy Yoruba ppl? Oga, u went for a lowlife just like u. A pig attracts a pig. Stop crying here
that's how u also went for a greedy igbo girl just as ur family is poor and looking for who to support them.idiots look for idiots cos that's what you and your family are stupid slowpoke.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tamilore11:
U ppl are greedy, dat is all. U see ur daughters as goods and slaves. Same daughters dat u don’t give inheritance too? Same daughters dat don’t inherit Anytin in their husband house? Plz say somtin new. U all worship money. No be say Una like ur daughters. Big lie. U can use Anytin to exchange for money including ur daughters
I don't respond to miscreants. If you are broke, stay away from our daughters. It's not too much to ask.

Most yorubas can even give their daughter out for free just to reduce the amount they spend on food.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
;DSo ur tribe that is very popular for using their women as baby making factories for business is what? Wen it comes to women, igbo should not talk. U ppl are wicked n useless. A tribe dat maltreats wudows like hell. A tribe dat doesn’t give females inheritance. A tribe dat discriminates genders . A tribe dat thinks a wife is useless if she doesn’t birth make. Come to Yoruba tribe and see real love and equity. Our women inherits their father’s properties. We don’t maltreat our widows. Female children take over their father’s properties. Shameless tribe. Only good in selling off their daughters to the highest bidder even if na ritualists
Arijude:
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy you know them very well. They don't even pay what is in the list above. They just give belle and that's all, wife don arrive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by vince96w2(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.
check my signature for free stuffs!
what of the ororo, palm oil and 50 tubers of yam, possible rice and goat? Why not return that one too
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

they have big bress and yansssssssssss.....h ooo brodaly ...We won't wife them ooo..Look at Funke akindele, another disgrace.. see that pastor fatoyinbo that probably have aids,sharing krest to small kids after molesting them..

They need our prayers bro after baptism and penance

Don't mind those insensitive beings.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
But u sell off ur daughters just to feed ur other family members grin grin. No wonder u guys do so many illegal jobs. If u think u know how to treat ur women right, u re deceiving urself. Una don cast finish. U think if Chioma dated an igbo, u think Dey won’t have sent her out wen she lost their son U think they will go ahead to marry her? We re not as wicked as u. Dat is why Chioma will rather die in ADELEKE Family dan enter a okonkwo evil family
OfficialAPCNig:

I don't respond to miscreants. If you are broke, stay away from our daughters. It's not too much to ask.

Most yorubas can even give their daughter out for free just to reduce the amount they spend on food.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
Igbo gal? God forbid!!! Those prostitute? Igbo has the highest number of Lãgõs prostitute. It’s d men dat psy tru their nose to marry them all in d nsme if culture, I so much pity those men
ford101:
that's how u also went for a greedy igbo girl just as ur family is poor and looking for who to support them.idiots look for idiots cos that's what you and your family are stupid slowpoke.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
U ppl dat marry ur daughter at 19 to old men? U ppl dat allow ur daughters attend university in husband house? U ppl dat inherit wives? I can go on n on. U see women as properties!!! We all know. Una don cast. U ppl are as greedy AF. U can trade ur daughter for money… marriage is just an opportunity to show ur selves. Una no Dey give ur daughter properties or their father’s sweat. Useless tribe
OfficialAPCNig:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Saintmary(f): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Why are you constituting nuis ance here?
I don't understand your problem with Igbo people, abi one of them don give you belle come dump you before?

Listen, even if yoruba ladies come free of charge, I won't marry a Yoruba lady.
People have their preferences/choices.

Learn to make your point without tagging or dragging other tribes OR people.

What is your problem with other people's culture and tradition?

Who has problem with you?

You're the one that has problems can't you see?

Look through my replies, I never insulted any tribe, I only faced one nincompoop without mentioning his tribe, I don't even know which hole he crawled out of!

As for who you'll end up marrying, how is it any of my business? I have other stuff to focus on.

Be calming down.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Traplord09: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sucre6:

50 yams no even plenty, try imo state, I am from Enugu state so I know what I am saying

If na imo ehhh. U go sell ur house land even kill person all because u won marry monkey...

Before u go marry any girl from Igbo land u go get batter money ... ., 4millon naira Notes..
Igbo na thife full there.

No wonder da sell there land for marriage...

It's everywhere not just Igbo. But everwere

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by laluski(m): 4:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
9gerian:
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

Simple
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AYNL: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
LoL
Omo yoruba ni mi
and this list is not fvcking simple
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Igbojew: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run
If it's Igbo that mentioned you evil tribe call Yoruba in Igbo thread or any other tribes thread you or your people will land here like vultures crying like witches and wizard saying all sorts of things.If you people can't take hit then don't hit first............I am that Igbo Jew the table shaker
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OmoEpe(m): 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
crixlight2:

That 50 yams is on paper ooo, they don’t count it most people end up buying 30…. But just make sure the yam big

20 self sometimes
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:
why are y'all crying in my mentions. I didnt mention any tribe name nah or are you a Yoruba hater?.

cc:
@Nwatachoba1 ; Oga I respect everyone culture as long as they respect mine. I didn't mention any tribe to my post or are you a Yoruba hater I refer to? If you respect others tribe or culture, you wouldn't write that which you did..

@Greenback : you your hypocrisy knows no bound. It is okay for your brothers to say trash against Yoruba and not okay when Yoruba to respond to your trash? Myopic bigot. Remove the log from your eyes .

@stanbright : I never mention Igbo name in my post. I said Yoruba haters? Are you a Yoruba hater. Why body dey pepper u like this lol

@Princewell2012 it is even a lot more cheaper than what is on that list. But the point is that the family care more about you taking good care of their daughter than the bride price money and items
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by SamOchuko: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Report bride price issue to religious leaders unto they’re the head of the brides community or what?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

Who has problem with you?

You're the one that has problems can't you see?

Look through my replies, I never insulted any tribe, I only faced one nincompoop without mentioning his tribe, I don't even know which hole he crawled out of!

As for who you'll end up marrying, how is it any of my business? I have other stuff to focus on.

Be calming down.

Be calming down aunty

This is saint Stephen
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Traplord09: 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Odward:
No wonder their cheap marriages no dey ever lastgrin

Mumu

Even the one that is costly don't last go and ask..

After marriage da we run for a divorce Igbo we sell there brother land all because of marry a monkey.

That we run away later
.. ....

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids / Mother-of-four Battered By Her Husband After He Took Another Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.