Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,899 members, 7,810,453 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:19 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54871 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Latty88(f): 12:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
The bride price will be returned back to the groom in most cases.

6 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Odward(m): 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
No wonder their cheap marriages no dey ever lastgrin

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yoruba WEDDING, you meant to say?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by gozzlin: 12:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Marry one and get two free.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Latty88:
The bride price will be returned back to the groom in most cases.

LIAR! Yoruba don't accept bride price back! In most cases in contemporary times they don't even accept it. The Yoruba hate to be seen as selling their daughters off.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Aguiyimba(m): 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
ADS
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by clockwisereport: 12:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

And you had to bring Igbos into the discussion.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Realmi: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
angry...let the war begin grin grin

Some people have been waiting for this type of topic to pop up.... grin grin all i can contribute is that,, na REAL MEN dey marry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by clockwisereport: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sucre6:

50 yams no even plenty, try imo state, I am from Enugu state so I know what I am saying

Which part of Enugu state are you from?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nyanabo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Original bride price are really not expensive, in any part of the country. We are the ones that wants to be the talk of the community and how well we spent money on the traditional marriage.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by hammerT: 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
9gerian:
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, IF YOUR FATHER IS URHOBO, YOUR MOTHER WOULD BE URHOBO.

IF YOUR FATHER IS YORUBA, YOUR MOTHER IS YORUBA.

IF YOUR FATHER IS IGBO THEN YOUR MOTHER IS IGBO.

THE PROBLEM WITH MANY OF YOU TODAY, IS IDENTITY CRISIS.

AN IGBO MAN HAS NO BUSINESS WITH YORUBA, MARRIAGE LIST BECAUSE IT IS FOR YORUBA PEOPLE AND LIKEWISE, SHOULD IGBO MARRIAGE ITEMS, BE THE BUSINESS OF A YORUBA MAN OR PERSON.

LIVE AND LET US LIVE.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Naijabad: 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
We don't sell our women here in Yorubaland.

Your girls are very cheap

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by timiade446(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala

Who is this goat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by merit455(m): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run
A fool always remain a fool, forever and ever

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by mceze(m): 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sucre6:

50 yams no even plenty, try imo state, I am from Enugu state so I know what I am saying

Not true. It depends on family. My wife is from Imo, I spent less than 200k. I can say that I am very lucky.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by benqo01(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
I no go lie Thier women dey try wella,they re appreciative............Dem really dey understanding kudos to dem

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by hammerT: 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Slaves....

The best and your strongest Oba was buried like trash because of imported religion... if you don't mention Igbo,nepa no go bring light for your house.

Ndi ala

THE FIRST THING, THEY THINK OF WHEN THEY WAKE UP IS IGBO.

ALL DAY IGBO AND THE LAST THING ON THEIR MIND BEFORE SLEEPING AT NIGHT IS IGBO.

THEY CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT DAY TO REACH BECAUSE OF IGBO.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by akaleb2015(m): 12:56pm On Dec 01, 2022
;Dthey just want the best for their female gender respectively

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by bonnyhope: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
This thread has been turn to tribal clash

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Wickedfacts: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
It is only in Igboland you marry a wife and they will give you receipt. grin

When it's not as if you bought a dog.

22 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Johnn78: 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.
Nice one but it is not the cheapest in Nigeria as asserted.
It is more correct to type , it remains one of the cheapest or among the cheapest in Nigeria.
For crying out Loud, Bride price is just 20naira in one of the Deltan state tribes and culture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Clinton14(m): 12:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Even this list is too much,we don't ask for some of the things in this list in my family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Newoneone: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
oneolajire:
This is true.

The list my family issued for those who came to marry my sisters and cousins are a bit lesser than this.

The list I paid my in-law is actually lesser than this.

Bride price is not a family enrichment project.

Please do you still have any unmarried family member?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by hammerT: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wickedfacts:
It is only in Igboland you marry a wife and they will give you receipt. grin

When it's not as if you bought a dog.

THAT IS BECAUSE, U ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY FROM IGBO LAND.

MARRY FROM YOUR PLACE, YOU HERE ME.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by RZArecta(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

what brought Igbos into this matter now ? You tribal bigots are so disgusting, you destroy any peaceful and educative atmosphere with your bigotry. Fúck

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by EmmyDJourno: 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
In my family we don’t collect anything for the girls, that was my Father’s instruction before he died
And that decision has earned us respect in the eyes of our inlaws, dem no fit follow us talk anyhow

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
Naijabad:

Your girls are very cheap
no oh we just don't sell them through marriage, that's how it is in other civilized climes except from barbaric cultures that use their girls as retirement stimulus.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by casualobserver: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
traihit:

The good side of this is that Yoruba women are always assertive in their husband's house.

You can't cheat them there and you'd go free like that. The bad side is that some of them without self control may easily fight and pack out of their husband's house.

I think among the three tribes, Yoruba women are the most assertive in marriage and it's due to their understanding of how marriage is meant to b. You work, and I work to bring food to the table.

Yoruba wives are generally assertive aka aggressive because traditionally Yoruba wives are traders, market women, entrepreneurs while their husbands were professionals/noblemen/ tradesemen e.g Teachers, lawyers, clerks, carpenters etc . Ibo husbands in the other hand tend to be the entrepreneurs while their wives are kept. In general, in the past ni o… before you kill me.

Of recent things have changed. Usually yoruba men had professional jobs that had status while their wives engaged in business and business in Nigeria as we know makes you aggressive.

It’s the nature of women that if you are bringing in as much if not more than your husband as a woman you will be more assertive.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by muykem: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
9gerian:
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

hahaha. Don't kill me with laughter.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
My Uncle Married from Ondo State and he never for once have any issues with her she's always submissive and Obident the list was not that much but the only wahala he have with his inlaws is that once there's occasion or celebration he must contribute heavy

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids

Viewing this topic: TTPAAR(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.