Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,330 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:11 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54861 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
I'm really proud of we yorubas in this aspect... I can remember during my elder sis wedding, we made things just too easy for the groom.. No stress and unnecessary bills on him... Infact, he'd already have the sense of these people not selling their daughter....

Fast forward to 2022, I impregnated an Igbo lady.. I reason am say make I kuku tie knot with her... The bills these people put on me alone mehn, I was shocked... I tot it was just exaggeration that igbos traditional rites is expensive... That shit got me so pissed like are u guys trying to fucking sell your daughter... I realised they don't even care about if you really want to take care of their daughter or not... All they care about is that list and the exorbitant unnecessary things on the list... Las Las, it discouraged me totally...

No love from those people at all... Well, maybe it's just how that particular family is wired!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by chidoziepeter: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
even with this affordable amount some are still single shouting "owo da " at every bus stop and be looking for who to rape at every slightest opportunity, from there the person has automatically becomes their "Iyawo mi ni o"

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Princewell2012(m): 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

Please stop lying. Who is going to return it? You just add it up yourself to make it looks as if Yoruba list is better,
Please take your calculator and add those items up, and give me the total figure. Even in this Buhari regime.

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Odward:
No wonder their cheap marriages no dey ever lastgrin
and your own marriages last? Your own marriages where you sell your women and they can't even dare go back home when they are oppressed by their buyers sorry husbands.

18 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Johel(m): 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Igbos will tell young man to go and bring head of amadioha, leg of Zeus, and hair of Sango, then isi agwu....i Kuku like myself, marriage no be by force, if I see list and e no pay me, I simply abort mission...make the family marry their daughter.

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Wickedfacts: 1:03pm On Dec 01, 2022
hammerT:

THAT IS BECAUSE, U ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO MARRY FROM IGBO LAND.

MARRY FROM YOUR PLACE, YOU HERE ME.

We don't marry from Igboland, we buy Igbo women. There is a difference.

For example, look at how Davido singlehandedly bought Chioma's entire family. Her family came to Davido's house for trad wedding.

That's how we roll boy

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Gmajor(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

Lol.
I wish you had the sense to see the irony in what you just posted.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Karleb(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
correct! cool cool
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nayturalistic: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Naijabad:

Your girls are very cheap

Says the stupid IPOB that I finished fccckin one of their women just now.. Saraa fcking if you must know.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Golan007: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river

Na so so beer.

No wonder.

grin

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by iJhoe(m): 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river

Whoever wrote this want to open a Shop ni
If not, this is more than enough to open a supermarket

And if the woman no sabi cook nko?

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
hammerT:

WHEN I WAS GROWING UP, IF YOUR FATHER IS URHOBO, YOUR MOTHER WOULD BE URHOBO.

IF YOUR FATHER IS YORUBA, YOUR MOTHER IS YORUBA.

IF YOUR FATHER IS IGBO THEN YOUR MOTHER IS IGBO.

THE PROBLEM WITH MANY OF YOU TODAY, IS IDENTITY CRISIS.

AN IGBO MAN HAS NO BUSINESS WITH YORUBA, MARRIAGE LIST BECAUSE IT IS FOR YORUBA PEOPLE AND LIKEWISE, SHOULD IGBO MARRIAGE ITEMS, BE THE BUSINESS OF A YORUBA MAN OR PERSON.

LIVE AND LET US LIVE.
I am yoruba but I like some of your takes here, hopefully we can all go our separate ways in peace next year.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by donem: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
oneolajire:
This is true.

The list my family issued for those who came to marry my sisters and cousins are a bit lesser than this.

The list I paid my in-law is actually lesser than this.

Bride price is not a family enrichment project.
Like seriously? I initially thought the list was fake, I commend the Yorubas if so for our side Marriage list nah world War wink untop mostly refurbished Girls.

4 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
hammerT:

THE FIRST THING, THEY THINK OF WHEN THEY WAKE UP IS IGBO.

ALL DAY IGBO AND THE LAST THING ON THEIR MIND BEFORE SLEEPING AT NIGHT IS IGBO.

THEY CANNOT WAIT FOR THE NEXT DAY TO REACH BECAUSE OF IGBO.
there are actually more Igbos that talk about Yorubas than vice versa.

10 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Truthisunique2: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
9gerian:
But they are usually very understanding and have little or no entitlement mentality. Best outlook ever.

They work hard and try to contribute to the the development of the home front.

you guys are using this thread to sell una.women

But una women no.dey fine that's the problem, I am not igbo. O

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wonderful.

I'm from The Yoruba Part of Nigeria too.

However; As an Agricultural Journalistic Entertainment Tourist (AJET); I Travelled Down To Cross River State and Have Settled in Ekori, Yakurr Local Government Area for about 2 Years since I left The Year 2020 EndSars Protest in Ikeja, Lagos State.

To The Glory of God Almighty;

I'll be getting Married To My Bossom and Missing Rib Whom I Met This Year as an MTN Customer Care Representative when i went to retrieve my line at The MTN Office in UGEP Town.

We will be getting married Next Weekend - December 9, 10; 202.

All Nairalanders are invited grin

As a teacher on Nairaland; She's now a nairalander too...and I'm teaching her to teach other people on Nairaland How to bank "Customer Care Representative" Jobs with Brands and Top Companies.

(For Your Information; UGEP is The Town That Yearly Host "MISS LEBOKU" which is One of The Paramount Rural Tourism Attractions for Business Initiators and Investment Tourist.

My Present Wife-To-Be attended to me very respectfully, selflessly and sacrificially like MTN was Her Papa's Office.

And Since I loved her selflessness and respectful manners - Somehow Today; The rest is HISTORY.

Below is The Bride Price Provided to me from her family.

This is exactly what is obtainable in The South-South; Precisely UGEP.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:

Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha

We no dey complain na

Abi with all these you said, igbos are still getting married yearly

Na why when igbo men marry, they treat their wives with utmost respect and all, yoruba men(some tend to treat their wives like piece of trash and can just send her back to her father's house any minute and quickly remarry or marry more than 5 wives)

Respect your culture and traditions and respect others way of life. Uche onye adiro njo na anya ya

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Patriotsleague: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Reasonable people.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by iJhoe(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
I now know why some Yoruba women prepare for certain outcomes in Marriage. If their husband do anyhow, im must see anyhow!!

A Yoruba woman fit pack out from husband house, dey sell burnt plantain and yet be feeding 5 children!

They are kinda strong and resilient

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Princewell2012:

Please stop lying. Who is going to return it? You just add it up yourself to make it looks as if Yoruba list is better,
Please take your calculator and add those items up, and give me the total figure. Even in this Buhari regime.

For your info, that's what majority of we yorubas do... We return the bride price just to let you know we ain't selling our daughter.. We only collect at hand for traditional rite sake...

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by koladata(m): 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
i'm a yoruba, but the tribal war on this forum is way too much, i am tired of how people derail from intelligent topic and start accusing another tribe and if this forum is not even doing anything about it

RZArecta:
what brought Igbos into this matter now ? You tribal bigots are so disgusting, you destroy any peaceful and educative atmosphere with your bigotry. Fúck

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Princewell2012(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:

Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha
How much is the dowry? Just 5000 how about the remaining list, do you know how much they amount to?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by hammerT: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wickedfacts:

We don't marry from Igboland, we buy Igbo women. There is a difference.

For example, look at how Davido singlehandedly bought Chioma's entire family. Her family came to Davido's house for trad wedding.

That's how we roll boy

DAVIDO IS OUR SON, HIS FATHER IS HALF IGBO.

DAFT !

4 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Toratora: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
I love Yoruba ladies smiley
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Princewell2012(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:

For your info, that's what majority of we yorubas do... We return the bride price just to let you know we ain't selling our daughter.. We only collect at hand for traditional rite sake...

The issue is not the bride prize. What is total money in that list? That's my point.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:
I'm really proud of we yorubas in this aspect... I can remember during my elder sis wedding, we made things just too easy for the groom.. No stress and unnecessary bills on him... Infact, he'd already have the sense of these people not selling their daughter....

Fast forward to 2022, I impregnated an Igbo lady.. I reason am say make I kuku tie knot with her... The bills these people put on me alone mehn, I was shocked... I tot it was just exaggeration that igbos traditional rites is expensive... That shit got me so pissed like are u guys trying to fucking sell your daughter... I realised they don't even care about if you really want to take care of their daughter or not... All they care about is that list and the exorbitant unnecessary things on the list... Las Las, it discouraged me totally...

No love from those people at all... Well, maybe it's just how that particular family is wired!
no that's how it is in their culture, idk why you would impregnate a igbo girl outside marriage.... So have you married her now?

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Malawian(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
After that, Igbo guys go dey chop the wifes and pay for the wife to eat food bah? Lazy Yoruba yoots.

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MasterJayJay: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
50 yams is already 50,000 naira.
By the time you monetize the other items, em go pass 300,000 naira na.

4 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Tonnyray: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sucre6:
50 yams no even plenty, try imo state, I am from Enugu state so I know what I am saying
In Yorubaland it's usually 42 tubers of yam.
I wonder where they got that number from or what it represents.

5 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Truthisunique2: 1:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:

The problem with Igbo marriage list is a mentality thing

Their is this Igbo man i know, we flow together you need to see the way he take dey rate spending on his daughters like it's an investment.

Like if you dey pay your girls school fees it's not something that should be paining you or seen as a must return adventure

You do it for love, this is why Yoruba different they educate their girls for the love of education

Future is unpredictable not that you have already pinned returns on the man that would marry her before life happens to her or not

3 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by TemmyDayo50(m): 1:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Princewell2012:

The issue is not the bride prize. What is total money in that list? That's my point.

For your info still, most of those things in the list are negotiable depending on your pocket... Even without negotiating, still compare the total amount to what another tribe's list most especially Igbo's list will cost you either negotiating or not negotiating...

I'm saying this because I have first hand info on both yoruba wedding(during my elder sis) and also Igbo's own (when reasoning an Igbo lady that took in for me).....

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.