Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,337 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (54864 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:
I'm really proud of we yorubas in this aspect... I can remember during my elder sis wedding, we made things just too easy for the groom.. No stress and unnecessary bills on him... Infact, he'd already have the sense of these people not selling their daughter....

Fast forward to 2022, I impregnated an Igbo lady.. I reason am say make I kuku tie knot with her... The bills these people put on me alone mehn, I was shocked... I tot it was just exaggeration that igbos traditional rites is expensive... That shit got me so pissed like are u guys trying to fucking sell your daughter... I realised they don't even care about if you really want to take care of their daughter or not... All they care about is that list and the exorbitant unnecessary things on the list... Las Las, it discouraged me totally...

No love from those people at all... Well, maybe it's just how that particular family is wired!
We don't give out our daughter to broke men. Go and make money or marry your sisters

Simple

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Saintmary(f): 3:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

You can even marry free in Yoruba, just give the girl belle, no wonder most of them are promiscuous

Obviously, you are a troll.

I will ignore your miserable existence.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
continue to deceive yourself Osu. There's nothing more ironic than a Osu like you talking about promiscuous, everyone knows those HIV-infested dogs you call women dominate all the brothels across the country. Your region is the only place in the whole of Africa where married and single women including young girls are machines that produce babies in your baby factories. I'm sure your product of one. It's part of your culture, everyone knows. Your obsession with Yorubas won't stop Bola Ahmed Tinubu as your next president.
We are talking about marriage and you don carry your regional candidate enter conversation. Like I said, if you are Yoruba, I'll bet that your mom or any female of your family gave birth for more than 3 men with only 1 managing to pay her dowry and she is not staying with that person now.

FACT

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

Obviously, you are a troll.

I will ignore your miserable existence.
Says someone who will likely born for 3 men before the end of her existence

FACT
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Theoarhics: 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
The list is fair enough . Unlike the one my inlaw gave me. Everything on this list shouldn't be more than 200k depends on your location and where u are buying those items.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Ephemmm: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

You didn't donate

Yoruba culture requires cow for a lady that has not given birth before, unless you can't afford it.

But the list op posted here is for a lady that has born for one man. It will go further down if she gave birth for more than two men.

Some men don't give pay shishi. They just impregnant the girl and wife don dey down be that

I choose the word 'donate' deliberately because no one a.sked or mandated me to do so. They were even ready to bear everything; so stop behaving like ignoramus. I met my wife when in final year and we got married two years after she served her fathers' land.

Introduction and wedding among Yorubas are mostly dependent on what the to be husband and wife could afford and decided upon. Get it right.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

Yoruba people are not herdsmen.

Besides, how many cows did they pay for your mother?
None and she married and born for only my dad. Most of the Yoruba women I know don born for at least 2 men

The few that are with only a man are busy sleeping around

FACT
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Saintmary(f): 3:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.

Please don't use the word cheap.

Culturally, the Yoruba people value honor and honesty.

The reason why we don't demand much from intending grooms is because there is no amount of money that can repay the tireless efforts of parents over their child.

Furthermore, we emphasize on good treatment in marriages, meaning that if the bride is not comfortable, she is free to return home.

A woman remains her father's child even after marriage and she can inherit properties too, that is why we have little interest in bride price.

I hope you understand.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
timiade446:

Who is this goat

you mean your trash of a late king buried woefully with your culture and tradition replaced with terrorism doings..

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.
And that 5k Owo ori will be returned

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ephemmm:

I choose the word 'donate' deliberately because no one a.sked or mandated me to do so. They were even ready to bear everything; so stop behaving like ignoramus. I met my wife when in final year and we got married two years after she served her fathers' land.

Introduction and wedding among Yorubas are mostly dependent on what the to be husband and wife could afford and decided upon. Get it right.

You are right

Yoruba wedding is the cheapest while Igbos are expensive. But with an Igbo woman you are sure she won't just wake up and leave your house for another man without going through traditional rite of annulment.

Most of the Yoruba women I know don born for 3 men. Very shameful

2 Likes

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by phemmyfour: 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2022
gonkin:
Now compare it to one i saw online some months ago on nairaland. I believe it should be cross river
This list collect extra sheet grin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Ronkvic(m): 3:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is the exact list given 2 me too wen I travel for my introduction.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Mrseriousman: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
FamTomx2:
cheesy

Good bush meat?!!
Inukwa! And some are here talking about animal rights grin

Thief from a family of thieves . How can you know what animal rights means when you are an IPOB miscreant that kills even their own blood for money rituals .

Where is my bike ? You took my bike and ran away right ? You will die on top of it .

R.I.P dead man

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Saintmary(f): 3:36pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:
Says someone who will likely born for 3 men before the end of her existence

FACT

By the end of your existence, your children will hate you,

Your wives will leave you, no one will stay with you,

You will die lonely,

Your friends will call you a brostitute that no woman can tolerate,

Your investments in side chicks will be a wasted effort, no return,

Your children will sell your properties less than 6 months after your demise,

After 2 years, no one will remember you.

I think having kids with several men is bearable as long as I raise them to be better than your mother raised you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by TemmyDayo50(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

We don't give out our daughter to broke men. Go and make money or marry your sisters

Simple

Lmfao... This really cracked me up honestly... What a way of reasoning.... grin grin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See why I say we yorubas are the best . If it's an Igbo guy who created this thread I am sure he created it to bash yorubas .. an average man can afford all this things besides it will be given back .. see Igbo man list o boy u go run

You're sen seless and inse cure, that was why you mentioned Igbo in your comment.

Even if yoruba people bride price is 10 naira, I won't still marry a Yoruba girl.

Your fellow Yoruba people are the ones always advising me to avoid marrying a yoruba lady.
If they can say that, that means it is not about the cheapness but quality.

Get the fv xk out!
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:

Yoruba haters will pretends they didn't read this... Hahaha
They are already having high BP on Yoruba matter. All they know how to do is frustrate someone son that wants to marry their daughter, sister,aunty, neighbor. Hahaha

Oh No...the people who hate you killed Fela,took Ilorin,lokoja,igangan,yewa..till date nothing nothing..

Infact your best men Femi Adesina, yemi osibanjo has been reduced to kerewa...Yet you dey divert haters to people wey no send you.

hahahahahahaha..Cowards

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by jojothaiv(m): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
bonnyhope:
This thread has been turn to tribal clash
Trust hallelujah boys.

One thing keep telling that Nairaland these days is filled with sub humans.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Saintmary(f): 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ephemmm:

Don't bother yourself replying a troll.

He is miserable, so he wants to share his misery with you, you know misery loves company, dodge him.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

You will die lonely,

Your friends will call you a brostitute that no woman can tolerate,

After 2 years, no one will remember you.

I think having kids with several men is bearable as long as I raise them to be better than your mother raised you.

shatap....all this trash for nothing..

There's no male and female in slave..slave na slave

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Obagreatdatoye:

It's a general igbo thing

It is a general Igbo thing you say?

"Na poverty make poor man talk sey bitter leaf soup bitter"

That is all I can tell you.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wickedfacts:
It is only in Igboland you marry a wife and they will give you receipt. grin

When it's not as if you bought a dog.

It only in yorubaland you marry a wife ND she's allowed to embarrass you like that because one pri...ck no dey do them.

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Betgold84: 3:43pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yoruba nor day sell woman o
D woman is always welcomed home if husband do werey

9gerian:
Correct.

It is marriage between 2 growing adults usually, and not occasion for poverty alleviation for the families and neighbors.

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Latty88(f): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tamilore11:
Yes, we re free to walk out of an abusive marriage unlike u ppl dat sell ur daughter to a stranger. Despite dat, she has no inheritance in her father’s house nor her husband’s house. Very shameful tradition. In Yoruba, we share properties from eldest to youngest irrespective of the gender. We don’t discriminate genders at all. I will choose Yoruba over n over again. I have seen women inherit their late husband properties in Yoruba land. It cannot happen in Igbo land, always maltreating their widows. U ppl are so WICKED. God forbid bad thing

All these tribal bigots! What make you think I am not Yoruba? We are discussing an issue for people to learn especially those from other ethnic groups who have or want to have something with yorubas.

It’s only the poor that discriminate. Tribal discrimination will not take you anywhere!
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

Na you first throw insult but you don dey throw tantrums

grin

Saintmary:

Sorry, I didn't marry Yoruba woman

Saintmary:

You will die lonely,
I'll live many more years before you

grin

Saintmary:

My friends will call me a prostitute that no man can tolerate,
grin

Saintmary:

I am not a Yoruba man. We don't do side chick cheesy

Saintmary:

No be Yoruba pikin I born.

grin

Saintmary:

After 2 years, no one will remember me
grin

Saintmary:

Having kids with several men is irresponsibility. Sorry, mama raised me well

grin

Waiting for part 2 of your rant
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AmuRubber(m): 3:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bananapill:
I went somewhere in Enugu some years back for a friend's introduction and I tell you, the list he was given wasn't up to this.
I realised marriage list varies from place to place and family to family.

My own Urhobo list was not even up to this. Like I said, it varies from family to family. In fact my father's village gives the govt approved marriage certificate.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
Wickedfacts:

We don't marry from Igboland, we buy Igbo women. There is a difference.

For example, look at how Davido singlehandedly bought Chioma's entire family. Her family came to Davido's house for trad wedding.

That's how we roll boy

Rubbish..

You are pained both wizkid and davido cannot find quality and clean yoruba women... hahahahahaha..

Even Psquare bought Lola entire family..hahahahahaha. As e dey pain them,e go dey sweet us.. Ondo State governor, the same thing....Only igbos can do the trick not ilorin migrants

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Panda7(m): 3:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
marriage that doesn't look like an occasion is that one marriage?
if you don't have enough money for marriage you better continue living like boyfriend and girlfriend instead of celebrating it like your child dedication

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AllDModsAreMaad: 3:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Saintmary:

Don't bother yourself replying a troll.

He is miserable, so he wants to share his misery with you, you know misery loves company, dodge him.

Why are you constituting nuis ance here?
I don't understand your problem with Igbo people, abi one of them don give you belle come dump you before?

Listen, even if yoruba ladies come free of charge, I won't marry a Yoruba lady.
People have their preferences/choices.

Learn to make your point without tagging or dragging other tribes OR people.

What is your problem with other people's culture and tradition?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
I am disappointed that you're being biased with the tribalism that happens on this faceless forum. I admitted that there are tribalists in both parties but you're trying to deny it.. what about the 'Tinubu, drugnubu, yoruba Muslim head slammersonly support Tinubu' and other derogatory words we see here. Many Yorubas like me are non-partisan in the politics of that cursed shithole country called nigeria, we only return the same energy because of the hate pushed against Yorubas here.

another slavish explanation from refugees

hahahahahahahahaha
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OloYeOfEgbE: 3:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

Why are you constituting nuis ance here?
I don't understand your problem with Igbo people, abi one of them don give you belle come dump you before?

Listen, even if yoruba ladies come free of charge, I won't marry a Yoruba lady.
People have their preferences/choices.

Learn to make your point without tagging or dragging other tribes OR people.

What is your problem with other people's culture and tradition?

they have big bress and yansssssssssss.....h ooo brodaly ...We won't wife them ooo..Look at Funke akindele, another disgrace.. see that pastor fatoyinbo that probably have aids,sharing krest to small kids after molesting them..

They need our prayers bro after baptism and penance

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Photo Of Sleeping Fruit Seller And Her Child Goes Viral, Draws Support / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.