Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) (55295 Views)

"I Did Not Come To Buy Human Being" - Groom Ran After Seeing Marriage List!! / A Sample Of Bride Price In UGEP, Yakurr LGA Of Cross River State (Pictures) / Outrageous Traditional Marriage List In Akwa Ibom: Man Runs Away (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by apple30(f): 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
BanyXchi:
while your own women dey belle for your baby factories.
at least Dey r sincere to dere self, dat Dey did it for d money . but U ,despite u can’t even pay d cheapest bride price, una wife go still dey sleep with land lord to pay una house rent …mtcheeew iranu
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Osariemen12: 7:34pm On Dec 01, 2022
Yet, it doesn't stop many from prostitution.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Gunnerz14(m): 8:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ebiras wedding list is cheaper
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
AND LOOK AT WHO IS ABUSING ANOTHER PERSON, YOUR DIRTY BLACK BOTTLE LEGGED WOMEN THAT DON'T BATH CAN'T MATCH IGBO WOMEN. COMPARE KEMI AND OKONJO IWEALA NAH IDIOT
BanyXchi:
you don't need to quote me, after all you also quoted someone that didn't reply you. Like I said we have nothing in common with those ugly masculine hairy ape-like Osu dogs you call women.... Your hatred for Yorubas won't stop Bola Ahmed Tinubu as your next president.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
YES OO, YORUBA WOMEN EASILY RUN OUT OF THEIR HUSBANDS HOUSE. SPITS
Odward:
No wonder their cheap marriages no dey ever lastgrin
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2022
EmekaBlue:
Nice one and congratulations in advance. Your wife is also really beautiful! No lie aside her selflessness the beauty catch you tongue
No be lie, King.

She's a beau and very intelligent too.

Thanks alot.

Are you married already?
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
SEE FOOLISH ANALYSIS AND GENERALIZATION, WHICH SCHOOL DID YOU ATTEND SEF, WHERE DID YOU GET ALL THIS YOUR INFORMATION FROM.
Traplord09:

Ehhh u say,,,am an Igbo man OOO.
Don't say what u don't no...

Imo is wost .
follow by others states in Igbo land ...

Go for there marriage and see

Even my brother wa one marry from imo $ aba I see lists
I tell am say money no da ..

May be she can marry her brother or Kings men..... .

Look people kill or thife just to get married.
Some people don't no
And woman we call it real man

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 8:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
CharleyBright:

Young man,
Your marriage list is quite fair. You don't have anything to complain about.
Your wife looks decent and a good wife to be.
You look decent too.
May God bless your union and may you both find happiness in your marriage .

Truly; the list is very fair.

Bride Price is just 15 Naira aside the other stuffs listed.

Na to dey find 10 naira and 5 naira remain me now.

I dey try wait make CBN change to New Notes make I fit use am flex my bride Price ..lol

Thanks King.

You sound like you are married already.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
THE WAY YOU YORUBAS PRESENT YOURSELVES EHN, YOU WANT OTHERS TO BELIEVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM,WHEN ARGUMENT DOESN'T FAVOR YOU PEOPLE IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME INVALID.YOU GUYS SHOULD RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S WAY OF LIFE.
Ephemmm:

I choose the word 'donate' deliberately because no one a.sked or mandated me to do so. They were even ready to everything; so stop behaving like ignoramus. I met my wife when in final year and we got married two years after she served her fathers' land.

Introduction and wedding among Yorubas are mostly dependent on what the to be husband and wife could afford and decided upon. Get it right.

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
OGA YOU ARE NOT AN IGBO MAN.YOU ARE ROAD SIDE IGBO, PERIOD.
Traplord09:

Even if it buhari regime u can compare
Igbo with Yorba..

Ok..

Igbo do the wost.
Am na Igbo man.
Don't say anything before I say much.

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 8:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ephemmm:

Two igbos women living in my compound have the same characteristics. To God who made me, I know more than three men with 'Mama Cho Cho' living in my compound and she has been married to two husband so far.

Do I need to mention 'Chi chi' an igbo woman whose only job is to sleep with different number of men in her own apartment? Go to any hotel in Lagos and shout Chiamaka or Chidinma to see the number of halourts that will answer you.

This is not in any way to demean any tribe, but to tell you that your generalization does not seem logical.
2 out of 1,000,000 is not the same as 900,000 in every 1,000,000
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by OfficialAPCNig: 8:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
Tamilore11:
U ppl dat marry ur daughter at 19 to old men? U ppl dat allow ur daughters attend university in husband house? U ppl dat inherit wives? I can go on n on. U see women as properties!!! We all know. Una don cast. U ppl are as greedy AF. U can trade ur daughter for money… marriage is just an opportunity to show ur selves. Una no Dey give ur daughter properties or their father’s sweat. Useless tribe
Made in Ogbomosho lies

cheesy
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Denoh68: 8:29pm On Dec 01, 2022
WHAT IS THIS ONE SPEWING. OGA GO AND SLEEP JOOR
Traplord09:

As an Igbo man I can't understand any point here...
Igbo sell there ladys at costly price and later end in divorce.... Without returning the money..
We call it real men...
No wonder da sell land and kill there brother just to get married
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by MessiahMARLIANS: 8:47pm On Dec 01, 2022
MufasaLion:

Very unnecessary information.

Eeyah....Pele.

When I attract more reliable married men to my circle through The release of my Marriage Solutions NFT; We will all see how very necessary my information is.

My Information wasn't intended for person's like you, anyways.

So, Rest Well.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Techwitch(f): 8:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
ecolime:

This is an age-long exaggeration.

True, Yorubas eat pepper but it's not as spicy as other tribes tout it to be.

In Rivers state, their Asun is always garnished with plenty pepper and people there eat it like it's normal. Me wey be Yoruba boy, I have to take it home and rinse the meat with water before I can eat it. To eat ordinary rice and stew here sef na war, person go dey sweat under AC.

Funny enough, these same guys go dey yab my tribe say we like pepper. I'm like, are you normal? undecided

So, I disagree with your comment.
I be Yoruba and I like pepper die. I can eat raw pepper. Eating pepper makes me healthy. I can never understand people that don't like pepper
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Ephemmm: 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
Denoh68:
THE WAY YOU YORUBAS PRESENT YOURSELVES EHN, YOU WANT OTHERS TO BELIEVE YOU ARE BETTER THAN THEM,WHEN ARGUMENT DOESN'T FAVOR YOU PEOPLE IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY BECOME INVALID.YOU GUYS SHOULD RESPECT OTHER PEOPLE'S WAY OF LIFE.

I gave you a scenario with no comparism and you are here spewing your inordinate belief.

Your last statement is meant for you I think.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Advancedman(m): 8:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
This is an authentic Yoruba marriage rite list given to the groom's family. That dowry will be returned officially to prove that they are not selling their daughter and not in debt in the event the groom's family fail to keep their word to take care of their bride.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Why asked in the first place?
For me it's inappropriate because the price to asked is life for life, tagging any monetary price on anyone is abominable to me.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Ephemmm: 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

2 out of 1,000,000 is not the same as 900,000 in every 1,000,000

We know what is obtainable in every brothel here in Lagos bro. Stop defending the obvious.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Zoobaby(f): 9:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
In almost 2023, this is silly and should be stopped. And I’m a very traditional type person but this is ridiculous in my eyes
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Where is d lies? Tell me the lies? Lmao. Who doesn’t know igbos are greedy? Who no sabi una? Na today? So u think we think u respect ur women? U only see dem as commodity dat can be exchanged to a rich stranger. As long as d man satisfy u with money, he can have ur daughter no matter the age gap. Ur old men will Bleep a 18 yrs old gal and pay her school fees all in d name of marriage.let me not say more dan dis
OfficialAPCNig:

Made in Ogbomosho lies

cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 01, 2022
Is dis one a fool? See the comparison? My former igbo neighbor was sleeping with his daughter!!! U heard me right. His biological daughter. His wife later died. D wife sister moved in, dat one born 2 for him. See Ehn, majority of u re useless n dumb. Wen u talk of treating women right, don’t ever mention your tribe again. A tribe dat maltreats widows. A tribe dat strips women of all they have once their hubby dies. A tribe dat don’t give females inheritance. I can go on n on. Ur women live in fear because they dunno wen their husband may die and they will be brought to shame. Check instagram and see stories of igbo tribe and their kinsmen. U think ur women are happy with dat barbaric culture? Is dat not why baby factories is a booming business there? So they can have male kids by force ? because u maltreat women dat don’t have male kids? A tribe dat discriminates genders. SHAME ON U
Denoh68:
AND LOOK AT WHO IS ABUSING ANOTHER PERSON, YOUR DIRTY BLACK BOTTLE LEGGED WOMEN THAT DON'T BATH CAN'T MATCH IGBO WOMEN. COMPARE KEMI AND OKONJO IWEALA NAH IDIOT

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by AlphaTaikun: 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Aladeintl:
As far as the bride price is concerned in Nigeria, the Yoruba list remains the cheapest.

Attached in this article is the bride price list that my girlfriend's family gave me for marrying their daughter let me shock you, I still divide some of those items into two.

Note:
1. almost all the items here are general items that will be requested in any part of Yorubaland

2. Some may add one or two things to it, e.g., live goat or chicken.

3. The quantity of each item may be more or less but I can bet you that it won't be outrageous.

4. The bride's father writes the list not the community but if he likes, he may ask for the input of his elderly ones preferably his elder brother (or sister).

The input most time is for the first daughter. After that, the remaining daughter's is a photocopy.

5. It is negotiable.

6. Except for the monetary materials, all other bride price materials will be shared equally by the bride's father and mother and some portion send to both grandparents' families.

7. Any family in Yoruba that gave you a bride price worth 300k should be reported to their religious leaders for greediness and covetousness.
That's awesome!
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by caracas: 11:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:
Yorubas don't sell their daughters.

God bless sons and daughters of Ododuwa.
They make their girls seem worthless n valueless
No wonder yoruba women , both single n married are very very promiscuous
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Denoh68:
those akpu-smelling HIV infested Osu dogs are the one you want to compare to yoruba women? Thunder fire you cannibalistic bastard... Okonjo Iweala is a Ika woman and several times her people has said they are not Ibos. From politics to music, STEMS and other sectors in life you can never compare those trans women to our women ever. You are very deluded.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Princewell2012(m): 11:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
TemmyDayo50:

For your info still, most of those things in the list are negotiable depending on your pocket... Even without negotiating, still compare the total amount to what another tribe's list most especially Igbo's list will cost you either negotiating or not negotiating...

I'm saying this because I have first hand info on both yoruba wedding(during my elder sis) and also Igbo's own (when reasoning an Igbo lady that took in for me).....

Hmm I can relate. Last week Saturday my friend just did his introduction with an akwaibom lady, am was shock to see their demand. Imagine an ordinary introduction. Believe me their own is even bigger compare to Igbo .
Well all f them involve money. We just pray that God should give us money. That's all.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by BanyXchi: 11:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
caracas:

They make their girls seem worthless n valueless
No wonder their married women are so promiscuous
no we just don't sell our women, it also happens in other civilized climes, only in barbaric cultures do people use their daughters as retirement stimulus.

You're very funny to talk about promiscuous, your ibo women whether married or single are the most promiscuous women in this continent. They literally dominate all the brothels in this country.

1 Like

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by Billgatessecond: 3:00am On Dec 02, 2022
Saintmary:

You are correct, although, only the bride price will be returned.

The box and it's contents are for the bride

The fruits, rice, salt, oil, etc will be split in many ways and sent to different members of the bride's family as a token of honor, not purchase, because no one can repay any parent.

P. S. The implication is that the bride is free to return to her family at any time if she is being maltreated.

Any Yoruba woman who stays in an abusive marriage is only doing it of her own volition.

See another list Westin happen..
How do you expect the guy to get back on his feet after all this

Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by caracas: 6:11am On Dec 02, 2022
BanyXchi:
no we just don't sell our women, it also happens in other civilized climes, only in barbaric cultures do people use their daughters as retirement stimulus.

You're very funny to talk about promiscuous, your ibo women whether married or single are the most promiscuous women in this continent. They literally dominate all the brothels in this country.
You don’t even know what it means to be promiscuous, it’s actually different from been a professional prostitute. All tribes engage in prostitution but yoruba girls that are not necessarily prostitutes are usually promiscuous, marriage is nothing to them, they sleep at random with their landlords, neighbors, husband’s friends ex boyfriends, friend’s husbands, co workers , bosses , pastors etc .To yoruba girls sex is nothing n cheap,they enjoy it in an extraordinary way unlike an Igbo girl that you have to pay through your neck before you get to see her pants.
Yoruba girls are actually cheerful givers n we love them for that.
Re: A Real Sample Of Yoruba Marriage List (Pictures) by caracas: 6:18am On Dec 02, 2022
Billgatessecond:

See another list Westin happen..
How do you expect the guy to get back on his feet after all this
That’s why Igbo marriages are usually successful

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

My Neighbor Has The Weirdest Marriage Ever / Mother Baths & Bottle Feeds Her Grown Up Daughter On Her Birthday (Photos) / Not All Parts Of Imo State Is Expensive To Marry From: Enough Is Enough

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.