Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? - Fashion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? (70338 Views)

Why You Should Stop Wearing Makeup To Sleep, According To Experts / Yoweri Museveni Tells Quiin Abenakyo To Stop Wearing Wig / Nice Underwear. Naija Ladies, Do You Still Wear This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Emperor59:
I think it's out of fashion. That's why it's not being worn by women anymore.

Wrong. Na you no wan buy am. E full market die
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:40am On Dec 02, 2022
Grgton:
This is old fashioned in my opinion

Not old fashioned. Its actually coming back to fashion
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:43am On Dec 02, 2022
level77:

It was called Shimi but I believe it’s a bd prononciation of the word chemise (underwear for women in the days when women dress decently with underwear gowns and skirts)

No.

It's called a Halfslip.

Chemise is the shorter full slip that stops at the thighs. The longer one that reaches the knees are called Full Slips. There are others, Baby dolls, Teddy, Camisoles, Petticoats, Pettipants.

Halfslips shouldn't be confused with Petticoats as the latter are fuller and come in ruffles.

Wikipedia will help a lot...

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
wow! We need to open a WhatsApp group grin

Help me tell her to suggest a name and icon for the WhatsApp group

Abeg join me for the group o ��

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:45am On Dec 02, 2022
Cooleasy:

You are a correct lady jare. I like the short, white ones. Is it still easy to find in markets?

Very easy. Even men can wear it if you choose as it's not really gender centric.
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
proudly old school anyday. Old school is still saner than new school to me o.
Our mothers were old school and there was some sanity in the world then

There are some new school things I can't tolerate o, like nudity and exposing g -strings, it's a turn off

Halfslips ain't old school. I wonder why people say this is old school. Its am everyday thing people just ignore for no sensible reason

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:47am On Dec 02, 2022
Emdebby2:
I still have it and I wear it.

You sabi
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:48am On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
yes na. They are still in the market. Those short ones are really nice. I like them too cool cool

The best are the thrift (okrika) ones. They last longer and are stronger, better than the so called "new ones" especially the satin that usually have runs in them when you wear them even in a short time

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:49am On Dec 02, 2022
Grgton:
you know better

And bum shorts is underwear? Na wa o �
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:50am On Dec 02, 2022
jojothaiv:

That thing too scatter our old men head that time.

grin grin

E still dey scatter my head till next millennia and I no be old man
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:51am On Dec 02, 2022
ycat:
Yoruba - Shimi
English - Half slip

The full slip of this should be lighter and better than the cotton fabric sewn under lace..

You too sabi. Nice one. I actually prefer this nylon than cotton.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:52am On Dec 02, 2022
IamAsiri:

You are telling me what I know? I have worn "shimi" before and I am still rocking my underskirts wink.

By the way, you can google "chemise". A man arguing with a woman on woman matter. grin

This isn't a Chemise. Its a Halfslip. Chemises are like Full Slips.
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by neduemaginatif: 7:53am On Dec 02, 2022
FavouredNK:

Plus some dirty women will wear it without pants for many days/weeks without washing, when they sit close to you, you will nearly vomit out your intestines from the rotten castor seed oozing out from them. Mtcheeew

Haven't you heard of people wearing dirty clothes that stink? Does that rule out clothes too?

People are dirty. Clothes are clothes
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by IamAsiri: 8:25am On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

This isn't a Chemise. Its a Halfslip. Chemises are like Full Slips.

I said it is not "shimi", that it is underskirt. Didn't even know it's called half-slip.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Cooleasy(m): 8:47am On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

Very easy. Even men can wear it if you choose as it's not really gender centric.
Lol. Me I want to recommend it for my girl ni o embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

Not old fashioned. Its actually coming back to fashion
well pants are better of
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Nobody: 8:56am On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

And bum shorts is underwear? Na wa o �
you know better

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by jojothaiv(m): 10:25am On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

E still dey scatter my head till next millennia and I no be old man
You're an exception then.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by culf: 12:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
I still dey wear am.
I even want to buy 3 different colours on Saturday grin
Under skirt

Una want to use mention finish me on top shimi matter o grin

Infact instead of 3 colours I go buy 4. I don vex.
Black, red, blue, and brown grin grin

make it 5 jorr.

I think it was popular them because tight was not reigning, Tight has taken over and I think it fair enough. it doesn't do better than skirt.
Nice though, you're funny.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by ufotunang: 12:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
I meant to say micro mini.

They are those very short above the knee skirts or dresses that are also known as cross no gutter. grin

They are so short that you can't pick up anything from the ground with exposing some "you know" cool
.... nawaoooo.. ..those type of skirts causes confusion and accidents on the road �

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by buzorcharles(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2022
U talk of shimi, who will talk of brasserie?
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
ufotunang:
.... nawaoooo.. ..those type of skirts causes confusion and accidents on the road �
grin na so!.
I pity girls that wear such around area boys and bus conductors grin
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2022
culf:

make it 5 jorr.

I think it was popular them because tight was not reigning, Tight has taken over and I think it fair enough. it doesn't do better than skirt.
Nice though, you're funny.
grin grin.
I will make it 7 for 7 days of the week grin.
Meanwhile, concerning the advent of tight,you are absolutely correct. Most ladies had to migrate to tight.
I use tights too, but I dey still Rock my shimi inside boo-boo, long skirts and buba. grin grin
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

The best are the thrift (okrika) ones. They last longer and are stronger, better than the so called "new ones" especially the satin that usually have runs in them when you wear them even in a short time
gbamsolutely you get am wella.
You area legend jare.
Only legends understand it to this point you posted grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

Abeg join me for the group o ��
shimi wearers association of Nigeria group.

The group icon will be pink and black shimi grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2022
neduemaginatif:

If you have 4, then you haven't started. Wifey has more than 20. Wears them as skirts. She styles them properly to make sure they're not sheer so as not to expose her panties. Its cool when you know how to
wow!!! Coming from a man, this is awesome!!.
Thanks for appreciating her and not running her down on it.

Infact I am taking the challenge to buy more grin.
Oya make Una begin donate towards it grin

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by culf: 1:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
grin grin.
I will make it 7 for 7 days of the week grin.
Meanwhile, concerning the advent of tight,you are absolutely correct. Most ladies had to migrate to tight.
I use tights too, but I dey still Rock my shimi inside boo-boo, long skirts and buba. grin grin

you're very funny.

why 7 when you don't use it everyday? are you sure you have any, I don dey suspect you.
Is tight not better inside buba and long skirt. I feel tight should replace it.

how are the 4 angels?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
culf:

you're very funny.

why 7 when you don't use it everyday? are you sure you have any, I don dey suspect you.
Is tight not better inside buba and long skirt. I feel tight should replace it.

how are the 4 angels?
I no dey lie o.
Like seriously I have 3.
1 short and 2 long.
I just feel very comfortable with it.
And if I use only tights under long clothes I don't feel well covered. Guess it is a thing of the mind. But I am so used to it grin

And thanks for asking the 4 Angels are doing real good wink.
I appreciate.
Trust you and yours are doing well too?
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by culf: 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:
I no dey lie o.
Like seriously I have 3.
1 short and 2 long.
I just feel very comfortable with it.
And if I use only tights under long clothes I don't feel well covered. Guess it is a thing of the mind. But I am so used to it grin

And thanks for asking the 4 Angels are doing real good wink.
I appreciate.
Trust you and yours are doing well too?

Waooo! 3, that means you truly love them, Nice.
probably a mind think as you said, that means you use it instead of tight? Because wearing both will mean too many undies and may block air.

I like the choice of word "real good", which means someone is doing a 'real good' job taking care of them. God bless you jare.
yeah, thanks for asking.
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by Mummyfour(f): 1:46pm On Dec 02, 2022
culf:

Waooo! 3, that means you truly love them, Nice.
probably a mind think as you said, that means you use it instead of tight? Because wearing both will mean too many undies and may block air.

I like the choice of word "real good", which means someone is doing a 'real good' job taking care of them. God bless you jare.
yeah, thanks for asking.

#though I'm so reporting you for that emoji, lol.
I use either the tight or underskirts, but would rather use the underskirt that is shimi in longer dresses

What is with the emoji biko.
Wetin happen you want to report me
The emoji?. Wetin happen biko
Re: Ladies, Did You Ever Wear This & Why Did You Stop Wearing It? by culf: 1:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
Mummyfour:

I use either the tight or underskirts, but would rather use the underskirt that is shimi in longer dresses

What is with the emoji biko.
Wetin happen you want to report me
The emoji?. Wetin happen biko

because you're use to it. hmmm

na waoo, life no too serious like this na, na so you dey fear my boy reach abi we dey quarrel before? Don't worry he won't use his gum to bite you, na only smile he go give you.

I'm sorry you took my joke serious, greet my friends and enjoy your weekend

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Free Online Makeup And Gele Training / Squirrel Teeth: Madness Or Fashion From Hell? (Pictures) / Lady Rocks N50 'Bend Down Select' Top (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.