Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done (13717 Views)

Unheard Story Of How A Nigerian Moved From Earning 20k A Month To $5000 Per Job / Bolaji Oluwadunsin: Nairalander Wins 2019 Tony Elumelu Foundation Grant Of $5000 / Access Bank Increases International Spend Limit To $5000/month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2022
ClixMaster:
After buying an expired domain and redirecting it to your site, do you add the expired domain Search console or try indexing it?

Instead of redirecting or any form of 301, do PBN's. My friend in the fruit niche got hacked by the October update, he had just done 7 redirects.

See what we have learned from painful experiences.

1) don't do redirects.

2) don't use images from istockimages or the like, except it's paid. Google lens will find you out and your site may be indexed but will not be served. Even if you've not been hit yet, updates are coming and you can be sure one of them will knock you off. If you must use a free stock image, write and use shapes on it.

3) don't write short articles of less than 1000 words, in the long run, it will make you lose your top spot(except it's an irrelevant niche or a local niche.)

4) Don't build useless links, it's not about quantity, it's about quality Most times when your post is on 3rd or 4th, one quality link will push you up to 1st position. Low-Quality links will only make your site get penalized

5) if you use AI or scrapped content,

6) If you start posting about random niches: when you post about a hundred niches at once, you'll fail google E A.T and you won't take any top spot except if you use heavy backlinks. You'll be hanging around the 4th to 10th position, except it's a zero-competition KW.

If you decide to use redirects, you have to force index it with tools that are available online or add the site to a separate search console from your main site.

4 Likes

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 4:31pm On Dec 11, 2022
whats google E A.T ?
wealthpreach:

Instead of redirecting or any form of 301, do PBN's. My friend in the fruit niche got hacked by the October update, he had just done 7 redirects.

1) don't do redirects.

2) don't use images from istockimages or the like, except it's paid. Google lens will find you out and your site may be indexed but will not be served. Even if you've not been hit yet, updates are coming and you can be sure one of them will knock you off. If you must use a free stock image, write and use shapes on it.

3) don't write short articles of less than 1000 words, in the long run, it will make you lose your top spot(except it's an irrelevant niche or a local niche.)

4) Don't build useless links, it's not about quantity, it's about quality Most times when your post is on 3rd or 4th, one quality link will push you up to 1st position. Low-Quality links will only make your site get penalized

6) If you start posting about random niches: when you post about a hundred niches at once, you'll fail google E A.T and you won't take any top spot except if you use heavy backlinks. You'll be hanging around the 4th to 10th position, except it's a zero-competition KW.

If you decide to use redirects, you have to force index it with tools that are available online or add the site to a separate search console from your main site.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 5:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
Pennywise2:
whats google E A.T ?

E-A-T is an acronym for Expertise, Authority, and Trust. It is mentioned in Google's Search Quality Rater Guidelines (SQRG) for raters to evaluate while rating quality and purpose.

Google has privately employed people called: "Raters"

They go from website to website, deciding if it's worth it for you to rank in that category. They trigger both manual and automatic penalties.

2 Likes

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Nobody: 5:17am On Dec 12, 2022
wealthpreach:

1) don't do redirects.

Wow! This your answer is amazing. Well, I wasn't going to do more than just one redirect and your friend was way out of line with 7 redirects
cheesy. Even experts recommends just 1 or 2 if at all you want to do it.
I am still going to get new expired domains with solid metrics for pbn. Just gathering the fund. This is my first 301 or pbn stuff I am doing and it is just because of your first thread. Thanks alot.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 11:06am On Dec 12, 2022
ClixMaster:
Wow! This your answer is amazing. Well, I wasn't going to do more than just one redirect and your friend was way out of line with 7 redirects
cheesy. Even experts recommends just 1 or 2 if at all you want to do it.
I am still going to get new expired domains with solid metrics for pbn. Just gathering the fund. This is my first 301 or pbn stuff I am doing and it is just because of your first thread. Thanks a lot.

Welcome! I will love to get an update on how it goes. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 12:54pm On Dec 12, 2022
wealthpreach:

Welcome! I will love to get an update on how it goes. Cheers!
how do one. Know his site is affect by an update. And what is the easiest way to get back
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 1:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Pennywise2:
how do one. Know his site is affect by an update. And what is the easiest way to get back

After going through proper KW research, if you dropped in rank or can't rank in position 1-4 or page one, then you are auto-penalized. Also, if only 4 of your pages or 30 of your pages are indexed when you use the site: search, then you are penalized. You will see manual penalty in your search console.

You should evaluate the extent of the penalty, if it's grave, you should ditch the site, if not, "QUALITY" backlinks will help you recover.

1 Like

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 2:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
Can you remove the article and reupload?
wealthpreach:

After going through proper KW research, if you dropped in rank or can't rank in position 1-4 or page one, then you are auto-penalized. Also, if only 4 of your pages or 30 of your pages are indexed when you use the site: search, then you are penalized. You will see manual penalty in your search console.

You should evaluate the extent of the penalty, if it's grave, you should ditch the site, if not, "QUALITY" backlinks will help you recover.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2022
Pennywise2:
Can you remove the article and reupload?

Surely! But deindex them first.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 2:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
wealthpreach:

Surely! But deindex them first.
how do I deindex
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 3:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Pennywise2:
how do I deindex

Search console
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2022
wealthpreach:

Search console
. Thanks for the suggestion
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 8:15pm On Dec 13, 2022
baba hope you don eat your ginger and garlic abeg make the teaching mojo come back.

i've been approved my shareasale affiliate program.

i applied and got approved same day no be juju be dat lol.

my only worries is my site is getting steady impression but no clicks

cc: wealthpreach

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 8:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
online4business:
baba hope you don eat your ginger and garlic abeg make the teaching mojo come back.

i applied and got approved same day no be juju be dat lol.

bros na wetin you tell them for approval. abeg gist me
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 9:35pm On Dec 13, 2022
online4business:

I applied and got approved the same day no be juju be that lol.

You don't have a problem at all. There are 4 things involved.

1. Your keyword research game is weak, you wrote on a difficult topic.

2. Your title and cached meta description are not catchy enough.

3. Your post is being ranked for non-relevant keywords temporally ( happens often)

4. Your site is ranked from the second page; most impressions you get on the second page are from scrappers, and not human traffic.

Congrats on your Shareasale approval!

Take a look at a two weeks project, this is what it should look like if kw research is done properly.

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2022
Pennywise2:
bros na wetin you tell them for approval. abeg gist me

i no really tell them anything special but make sure you tell them you can drive traffic through other means plus your website. facebook pinterest, instagram etc.

your about us page, privacy policy page and disclaimer page if your are like me doing YMYL niche. they check those stuff ooo

however, my site has only 4 optimized post, the rest were writing like books, all my post contains stories.(secret sauce for those we know)

the site was initially intended to collect email address from kindle publishing business but amazon fall my handicap and ban my account

so i say make i use am for affiliate and AdSense keyword research i no sabi at all.

if you have any post modify it and put your affiliate links naturally( no stuff them ooo) shekeina
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 5:33am On Dec 14, 2022
wealthpreach:

You don't have a problem at all. There are 4 things involved.

1. Your keyword research game is weak, you wrote on a difficult topic.

2. Your title and cached meta description are not catchy enough. that's even more truer

3. Your post is being ranked for non-relevant keywords temporally ( happens often) maybe

4. Your site is ranked from the second page; most impressions you get on the second page are from scrappers, and not human traffic.

Congrats on your Shareasale approval!

Take a look at a two weeks project, this is what it should look like if kw research is done properly.

this one na true because this is my first site or having anything to do with blogging. keyword is the number one thing anybody who want success has to nail down for organic traffic..

it was my first time hearing about KGR now na them i dey find to write about but my keyword game is too weak would improve sha.

but the site is less than a year procrastination and thinking make me wait for months after buying domain i wait for more than 5 months before starting the website.

when my kdp account got ban i just abandone everything and that your thread got me fired up.

.that's why sometime feel like make i just knack that dautless 4x4 for head for that thread wey them delete ( i too like vawulence)

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 2:44pm On Dec 14, 2022
online4business:

i no really tell them anything special but make sure you tell them you can drive traffic through other means plus your website. facebook pinterest, instagram etc.

your about us page, privacy policy page and disclaimer page if your are like me doing YMYL niche. they check those stuff ooo

however, my site has only 4 optimized post, the rest were writing like books, all my post contains stories.(secret sauce for those we know)

the site was initially intended to collect email address from kindle publishing business but amazon fall my handicap and ban my account

so i say make i use am for affiliate and AdSense keyword research i no sabi at all.

if you have any post modify it and put your affiliate links naturally( no stuff them ooo) shekeina

thanks bro. Will try them again next year.

Meanwhile, I'm planning on kdp after ban through another means. Using an aggregator for free. If you are interested, you can message me. So we go on it together.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
Pennywise2:
thanks bro. Will try them again next year.

Meanwhile, I'm planning on kdp after ban through another means. Using an aggregator for free. If you are interested, you can message me. So we go on it together.

If its draft2digital forget it already have an account they ban Nigerians but i still have my account sha.

Already have a kobo account just too lazy to upload my books.

Publish drive and ingramspark na pay to play ooo

Want to try gumroad but I'm still open to ideas sha

Will send a pm all the same.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2022
online4business:

If its draft2digital forget it already have an account they ban Nigerians but i still have my account sha.

Already have a kobo account just too lazy to upload my books.

Publish drive and ingramspark na pay to play ooo

Want to try gumroad but I'm still open to ideas sha

Will send a pm all the same.
when there's a will there's a way. If I find that way. I won't come and announce it here. I'm just optimistic grin
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 7:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
A very big mistake everyone makes when they want to buy a backlink is; they either purchase some guest posts, niche edits, or EDU, or they just relax.

Backlinks are tiered, the first tier is the one in point to your site, the second tier is the one you point to the one you've pointed to your site; so is the third tier to the second one.

This is what makes the backlinks powerful enough to push your site when you are targeting hard keywords or when you want to be in the first position for easy-medium keywords.

Also, what has to be interlinked with other pages on a Blog that is offering it to you, this will ensure it has power if not, it will just be like every cheap link, except the site has a massive authority.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 12:37pm On Dec 20, 2022
A moment of silence for people who chase volume instead of zero competition during keyword research.

1 Like

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2022
wealthpreach:
A moment of silence for people who chase volume instead of zero competition during keyword research.

This nigga is a scammer beware beware beware ooo.

His niche research was taken from a blog from 10 years ago.

If you follow that advice you'll need to be on YouTube and Pinterest and you can't succeed as a new blogger.

Go to YouTube and type archery and see people you want to compete with.

Abi na kukulele or horse niche.

Manifestation requires you to do it live you can write but who would take you seriously without appearing on video.

Make people no dey frustrated na him make I drop this oooo.

I really don't like for people to get frustrated.

Baba ado ooo just as ijaw man go say.

Let me ask this question and clear my jonzin.

Why buy backlink when you already started with a domain that's age and ready have search traffic?

Keyword tools is useless without a guide no be so...

If i decide to get your shared account you go fit show me how to use it.

Here's why i ask.

i already have publisher rocket and kdspy as a publisher and can use it effectively but I'd had to watch ton of videos and most important of all.

Devise a strategy that work for me.

Getting a shared account without a guide no be die be dat.

My last question.

Is your site focus on us and uk traffic?

Thanks for the inspiration
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 10:17pm On Dec 20, 2022
online4business:

Baba ado ooo just as ijaw man go say.

Let me ask this question and clear my jonzin.

Why buy backlink when you already started with a domain that's age and ready have search traffic?

Keyword tools is useless without a guide no be so...

If i decide to get your shared account you go fit show me how to use it.

Here's why i ask.

i already have publisher rocket and kdspy as a publisher and can use it effectively but I'd had to watch ton of videos and most important of all.

Devise a strategy that work for me.

Getting a shared account without a guide no be die be dat.

My last question.

Is your site focus on us and uk traffic?

Thanks for the inspiration

To answer your first question, if you write a 3000 words article on the German shepherd breed, do you by any chance think you will even rank on the third page without buying tons of backlinks? When you target hard, medium, and easy keywords, you need varying numbers of backlinks, but when you target very easy keywords, you will rank on the first page regardless.

Sometimes, you might be in the second position and a stronger site may be in 1st with just 500 words, meanwhile, you wrote 1500 words. In cases like this, you need just one quality link to take the top spot.

My target is 1st tier countries, as this is where your get higher header bids, ecpm, and CPC.

If you get the sem...rush account, you're not doing me a favor, so I can't teach you jack for free. After the last altercation on the other thread, I have become quite mean.

1 Like

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2022
I want to be sure that my spike in traffic and earnings is not seasonal, after the holiday periods I will post my earnings. My 5 months of heavy article buying, and equally writing myself are paying off. With my current earnings, I have completed 15 percent of my journey, while simultaneously working on other little blogs that I intend to take seriously after completing this journey.

1 Like

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by online4business: 2:25am On Dec 21, 2022
wealthpreach:

To answer your first question, if you write a 3000 words article on the German shepherd breed, do you by any chance think you will even rank on the third page without buying tons of backlinks? When you target hard, medium, and easy keywords, you need varying numbers of backlinks, but when you target very easy keywords, you will rank on the first page regardless.

Sometimes, you might be in the second position and a stronger site may be in 1st with just 500 words, meanwhile, you wrote 1500 words. In cases like this, you need just one quality link to take the top spot.

My target is 1st tier countries, as this is where your get higher header bids, ecpm, and CPC.

If you get the sem...rush account, you're not doing me a favor, so I can't teach you jack for free. After the last altercation on the other thread, I have become quite mean.

Thanks succinctly explained. You are doing great.

It's pay to play baby at the bolded baba don make am clear don't expect free lunch.

When you send pm make you hold your money oooo.

Baba can't teach you jack for free ooo.

Please update the house make we dey get small small motivation, inspiration and make nobody cause small violence when baba tell you say pay to play ooo.

Make another "dauhead" no make page vanish ooo.

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Pennywise2: 2:49am On Dec 21, 2022
wealthpreach:
I want to be sure that my spike in traffic and earnings is not seasonal, after the holiday periods I will post my earnings. My 5 months of heavy article buying, and equally writing myself are paying off. With my current earnings, I have completed 15 percent of my journey, while simultaneously working on other little blogs that I intend to take seriously after completing this journey.
will be waiting. meanwhile i went searching for how to do blogging and find some interesting things.

the bottom line is that one cannot depend on google seo traffic alone.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by adaperry25: 4:20am On Dec 21, 2022
@op
Seems the recent trend is arbitrage blogging.
What's your opinion
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2022
Pennywise2:
will be waiting. meanwhile i went searching for how to do blogging and find some interesting things.

the bottom line is that one cannot depend on google seo traffic alone.

If everyone tells you that you can't depend on Google the question now is who should you then depend on? I will advise you to stop reading about blogging and start practicing rather.

Experience has taught me to avoid all those heavily moderated niches. if at all I go into any heavily moderate niche, I have it in mind that I'm going to buy backlinks.

Kyllonpowel is a site that has lots of Ai generated articles, but he has survived Google's recent updates, I have been studying his site and a few other sites.

The truth is that you may not have the money to buy the number of backlinks he is buying, but if you can make use of zero competition keywords: that is, keywords that nobody has written anything on, and you write two to four articles daily for the next 6 months if you're not earning over 200,000k by that period, anywhere you see me, pour me acid.

I tutored someone recently, and I taught him how to find the zero competition keywords, can you believe that this guy was going after the ones with high volumes the one that had 500, 400 from the US alone, not to talk of global traffic, and the keywords he was choosing already had many articles written on them. Now, it is over 3 weeks, he has written over 30 articles and not even one is ranking on the second page on Google.

I was going through everybody's website yesterday morning, I now discovered that the best position his website has taken is 30th! I now chatted him up and I asked him "guy, what are you doing?" He was like " The method I showed him had keywords with a volume of 150,100, 70, 50, 40, 30, and 20, and rarely has a high volume" I just replied to him "okay".

I hope he sees this, when he is done wasting his time and resources, I believe no be person go tell am. 10k is too small for what I do for everyone, if you're success-minded, you will certainly achieve your goals.

2 Likes

Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2022
adaperry25:
@op
Seems the recent trend is arbitrage blogging.
What's your opinion

It works! But then, if Google finds out and bans the Adsense account and also places a manual action, my months or years of hard work will be gone. Why would I want to risk my years of work? If you have any working method, feel free to implement it, but I try to steer clear of things like that.
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by Nteogwuija(m): 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2022
I've always heard that blogging is about passion so you can stay motivated.

For someone who hasn't found a passion for anything yet, what do you advise?
Re: Journey To $5000 Per Month From Blogging %69 Percent Done by wealthpreach(m): 9:07am On Dec 22, 2022
Nteogwuija:
I've always heard that blogging is about passion so you can stay motivated.

For someone who hasn't found a passion for anything yet, what do you advise?

Do you want to be rich? Do you want to earn when you're not doing anything? (but you should have worked before you enjoy such leisure) I believe that is passionate enough.

I was once like you, just floating and trying any method that comes to mind, I barely focused on anything, having a child was the push I got. When your parents or people around you refuse to contribute to your life all just because they think you're irresponsible; man, you have to try.

The truth is that you may do something or nothing about your current state of action paralysis; just know that five years could just pass like a breeze without you taking action. I don't know the current state of your life, but I believe things could get even better, and im here to always answer any questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

CBN’s New FX Guidelines Hold Mixed Fortunes For Banks / Open A Dollar ($) Account In Nigeria / Naira Sinks To 378/dollar As Analysts Expect MPC Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.