Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,159 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad (49713 Views)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Eriokanmi: 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2022
theamazonguru:

Nice one.
Your story is quite inspiring.

BTW, are you into power systems?
Forgive my inquisition.
We're into Hazardous Mgt cum Healthcare in the Oil and Gas sector. Its my uncle who's into power systems
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 7:38pm On Dec 04, 2022
Alusiizizi:

My reason is, what's the point in giving free advice? They're not going to use it for anything good. Tell them how the western world really is and they will demonize you as an enemy of progress, that you don't want them to travel out and "make it". I get this all the time. I speak from first hand experience. I too traveled out. Although I was one of the lucky ones many of them are languishing out there, be it U.K or U.S. Even if you obtained a university education in Nigeria in order to even have a fighting chance out there you must re-start your education from scratch over there because no institution out there recognizes a university certificate from a Nigerian university. Let's assume that you make the mistake of believing that you will not be needing a western university degree and that you can make it in "business", then at that point your life story is done, as you will be doomed to spend your entire existence in a career like janitor or cab driver.

I get your point now
There is every truth in all your said.
However, there is a way out.
Get there education and start afresh you would have opportunities to catch up. The key word is opportunities not guaranteed earnings.
However, in Nigeria there are little to no opportunities
But it sounds easy right ? To get there education and start afresh well not easy in reality.
I tell people who care to listen, abroad is better off than Nigeria if you have nothing doing (I honestly mean eating political money cos salary job is nothing doing in nigeria) in Nigeria. But if u must go abroad prepare for it, understand the requirements of the country you are going and how to get there education to work. Don't just land there with only 1k dollars to your name. You will cry!!!!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Igiaruwe04: 7:49pm On Dec 04, 2022
Gerrard59:

At the bold, even after providing evidence of Ms Sharon's two-faced posts? I only pointed out her hypocrisy, that is all.

Well, I find it extremely hypocritical when people constantly criticise something they have yet won't allow others to get it, and even at that won't let go of it.

Tell me why I should not point out the hypocrisy of someone:

- who relocated to the US using a tourist visa, yet the person discourages another Nigerian who intends to relocate via the study route?
- who stays in Europe, complains that all of Africa is too poor for his business to thrive, yet says it is good to be around people who look like you as the basis for not relocating? What stops him from returning to the same place where everyone looks like him?
- who has French citizenship due to his parents who migrated to France yet believes others who relocate are dogs in the city rather than the jungle in the forest? Why does he not tell the same to his parents?
- who relocated to Nigeria from Europe, hated what she saw and hates Nigerian men and later relocated to a no-name country in Central America WHILE castigating Europe and North America? If it was that bad, why has she not let go of her European citizenship when she moved to God-knows-where in Central America?
- who has been in the UK for donkey years yet castigates Rita Dominic for holding her wedding ceremony in the same UK. Why has he not returned to Nigeria?
...and many more. I don't like dishonest people, and I would always point out their hypocrisy whenever they come up with the humdrum statements that Europe or the developed world is difficult for African migrants. If things are so hard, what stops them from moving back? While they do that, they should let go of their European/North American citizenship.

The head of the travel agency who booked my ticket encouraged me to japa as her parents did the same thing and she is grateful for it. Due to being an American passport holder, she has been to over 80 countries, and her husband is a permanent resident. But she cannot raise her children in the US and likes being in Nigeria but spends holidays wherever she wants due to her citizenship status. All her children are Americans. You see? She returned because she has issues raising her children in the US, which is perfectly understandable. But she does not dissuade young Nigerians from doing the same. That is my stance; you cannot tell others not to aspire for what you currently enjoy, yet won't let go of it.

If the developed world is too difficult for a person as a black African migrant, kindly pack your bags and move to sub-Saharan Africa. While that let go of their citizenships.

Practice what you preach, not do as I say, not as I do.

Hmmm, TBH I won't lie, I understand you better now. I earlier thought of you differently but your explanation reality make sense.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Alusiizizi(m): 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2022
deepwater:

I get your point now
There is every truth in all your said.
However, there is a way out.
Get there education and start afresh you would have opportunities to catch up. The key word is opportunities not guaranteed earnings.
However, in Nigeria there are little to no opportunities
But it sounds easy right ? To get there education and start afresh well not easy in reality.
I tell people who care to listen, abroad is better off than Nigeria if you have nothing doing (I honestly mean eating political money cos salary job is nothing doing in nigeria) in Nigeria. But if u must go abroad prepare for it, understand the requirements of the country you are going and how to get there education to work. Don't just land there with only 1k dollars to your name. You will cry!!!!

You know, humans by nature are dispensed to believing that "the grass is greener on the other side", this is simply part of a complex of character that defines the human psyche centered around the catalyst of hope but let me here give you a little takeaway. If you couldn't make it in Nigeria then the chances of you making it in the western world is essentially zero. You see, it's not just about making money, the cost of living is much higher and let me give you a small example. In Nigeria #500k a year can easily get you a comfortable flat in a decent/upscale neigbhorhood while in most parts of the U.S that same amount on a MONTHLY BASIS is barely enough to afford a rat infested apartment in a crime ridden slum.

3 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by AlphaTaikun: 6:57am On Dec 05, 2022
IgOga:
A word is enough for the wise... In my Uni days I knew three couples whose marriages ended after they relocated to the UK. It was unfortunate but it happens more than you hear. A sudden change needs a lot of adjustment especially for families that have always functioned on naija levels.

Having said that never let fear hold you back from taking opportunities... including japa grin grin grin
Nicely put.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by ariesbull: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2022
Nhemzie17:
I wonder why a Sane person who has up to a million or more in his/her account would spend everything to travel to another country with a lot of uncertainties. Why not stay back and invest that money and get established.
Don't be deceived by the fake life of those abroad, they are suffering and smiling.

You are saying a million....clowns,idiots and fools are spending over 7million to japa
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by ariesbull: 7:36am On Dec 05, 2022
Alusiizizi:

You know, humans by nature are dispensed to believing that "the grass is greener on the other side", this is simply part of a complex of character that defines the human psyche centered around the catalyst of hope but let me here give you a little takeaway. If you couldn't make it in Nigeria then the chances of you making it in the western world is essentially zero. You see, it's not just about making money, the cost of living is much higher and let me give you a small example. In Nigeria #500k a year can easily get you a comfortable flat in a decent/upscale neigbhorhood while in most parts of the U.S that same amount on a MONTHLY BASIS is barely enough to afford a rat infested apartment in a crime ridden slum.
you captured it
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by theamazonguru(m): 4:41pm On Dec 05, 2022
Eriokanmi:
We're into Hazardous Mgt cum Healthcare in the Oil and Gas sector. Its my uncle who's into power systems

I see.
More wins and greater heights I pray.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by theamazonguru(m): 4:58pm On Dec 05, 2022
Allisgud:
that means u will be different if I bring u here to sweden

Sweden?
Are you in Stockholm or another state?

Do you speak Swedish?

I have a friend going through a lot as he couldn't secure a well paying job as he doesn't speak the language.
And unfortunately for him, he lost his foodora job due to a Dela gone bad.

What's your experience if you wish to share. Because I am thinking of relocating there.

Thanks
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sharpwriter(m): 1:59am On Dec 08, 2022
Alusiizizi:

My reason is, what's the point in giving free advice? They're not going to use it for anything good. Tell them how the western world really is and they will demonize you as an enemy of progress, that you don't want them to travel out and "make it". I get this all the time. I speak from first hand experience. I too traveled out. Although I was one of the lucky ones many of them are languishing out there, be it U.K or U.S. Even if you obtained a university education in Nigeria in order to even have a fighting chance out there you must re-start your education from scratch over there because no institution out there recognizes a university certificate from a Nigerian university. Let's assume that you make the mistake of believing that you will not be needing a western university degree and that you can make it in "business", then at that point your life story is done, as you will be doomed to spend your entire existence in a career like janitor or cab driver.
They can make it in business nah... American dream factor wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.