Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,561 members, 7,812,820 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad (49693 Views)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Brushless: 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
Kavod:

DISTANCE CAN DO A LOT OF DAMAGES, COMBINED WITH A NEW STRUCTURE AND HABITATION THATS A WHOLE LEVEL. MEN WHEN DE THE ABROAD, THEM DE FAITHFUL TO THEIR WIVES WHEN THEM LEAVE FOR HERE?

NAIJA WOMEN DE USELESS NO DOUBT BUT MAKE WE STILL NOR FORGET SAY IT TAKES TWO TO TANGLE.
NA STILL THE MEN DE SPOIL THEM.

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by FuckSilly: 8:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
adedayoa2:
it is only a child that will respond the way you did, adults don't.
Go f**k yourself oldhag
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by erico2k2(m): 8:16pm On Dec 03, 2022
alvan06:
no i live abroad myself,I pay 650€ monthly for 2 bedroom apartment and my condominium is 170€ although my light and gas is bill come every two months which is around €320 or more depending on the usage, all am saying is that if in Nigeria we have electricity and security bros I’ll comfortable prefer staying in Nigeria with less than 400k monthly.
So you came straight from Nigeria and rented a 2 bedroom apartment, right??
Answer me nah cos una sabi talk well well
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Reverend Esther Ajayi has asked married people who wants to relocate abroad to be sure their marriage can survive the test of time abroad considering the societal values, pressure and culture.

She advised people to consider it well.and make sure they are certain of the move before they make it.

She also mentioned that people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Art6dP_BmW8

But werey get church branches abroad oh....eleribu
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Owutuotuo(m): 8:25pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.

I also know one man who just remarried this week. Mid 40s. Wife with baby japa’d after mutual agreement she goes first. Got pregnant for another man. And left this man high and dry.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ifakiland(m): 8:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.
Linus....dey drop lie like new album....you think becos the wife went there alone meant she didn't fill her husband and child's details in the visa application? Una poor people wey never fill visa application before go just deyblie like werey. If you like die for Nigeria with ur N30k minimum wage na your generation wahala be dat

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Brushless: 8:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
happney65:
I don't care what this pastor woman says but I just want to share something that looks like this.

I know of a person doing very well here with his three kids. Moved himself and the whole family to Australia. After a year or so not sure now. They are divorced there. It really pained the bros ooo. Still yet he still came home and married another woman from here. The lady went to Sydney just about two months ago.

I don't know why he still insisted on marrying a Nigerian and why he can't either stay alone or even marry an Australian. Anyways I wish him the best sha.

I really do cos na nice Bros
If you investigate very well, he was trying to use the former wife as a financial mull, which backfired and will still try to use the current one same way if she cooperate.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by bukatyne(f): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2022
Begobow:
They shouldn't Japan cos you want to keep collecting their tithe

The people who go to her church can afford to pay multiple tithes in different locations.

If I remember correctly, she was/is based abroad before coming to build her mega Church in Nigeria.

@ her sermon/talk: a number of friends have also raised that concern and I have heard some people discouraging peeps from bringing all the family over.

Some reasons include the 'liberal' society, intense pressure from single people of both sexes willing to offer anything for sex and the work style most immigrants adopt before they find their feet.

There is a substance to what she said. It is to find out why and prevent it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Emmanuel909090: 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
Lol, Mama has spoken
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by LoveJesus87(m): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
Are you for real?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Elobest(m): 10:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
If you see opportunity,Japa, some churches are against Japan because they know that no one will patronize them again. When the society is good ,prayer intentions will reduce.

But if they can make Nigeria better,who Japa help? Na stress ni!
You can travel for Tourism purpose!

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Elobest(m): 10:09pm On Dec 03, 2022
Since the leaders we elected are using our money to Japa, leaving our country in a deplorable condition,why can we too Japa to same place.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sailor1234: 11:17pm On Dec 03, 2022
Nhemzie17:

A million is a huge amount to start a business and begin your journey to financial freedom.
Most of them don't return until they finally make it just to avoid being ridiculed of getting abroad and coming back with nothing.
The successful ones who returned from abroad went through many years of hustle to attain that. A friend of mine spent over 5m to travel abroad. He's been there for a year + and is still striving to earn a living. Imagine what 5m would have started for him in Nigeria?
Abroad is different from abroad though. If your friend travelled with the right document to a country like Canada, he can make that 5m back within a year . I live in Alberta, someone with half a brain can get a job of 18 dollars per hour here, that's 3120 dollars per month. After taxes, he will be left with 2500 dollars, if he is single and living in a shared apartment, he won't spend more that 1000 dollars monthly on accommodation plus all other living expenses. He will be saving 1500 dollars mo thly, that's 18000 canadian dollars per year. That's 9.8m in a year.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by adedayoa2(f): 11:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
FuckSilly:

Go f**k yourself oldhag
that'sy husband's job, younghag
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sailor1234: 11:35pm On Dec 03, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Congrats brother and sorry for the ugly experience. Most likely, you left for the States before i did cheesy. I left in 2004 for schooling in upstate NY. I used to visit Dallas in TX back then where I had a friend. There's also a course mate who got employed in TX correctional centre the one at Nazareth. He later left cos of distance. I came back after my studies though i worked for a short while. It was while on the job I saw the opportunity and we're doing pretty fine in Nigeria today.

I'm really not against the japa time but my question is, is it worth it and on what purpose? And if you eventually japa, look for opportunities and bring it home. Market over there is saturated while Nigeria is a virgin land of loaded opportunities

All the best.

You are right bro, seriously some of us will like to relocate back to Nigeria. I can say I have done well for myself abroad, I have 2 houses built in naija, I have enough money to start a good business in naija, but the issue of security is the main factor holding me back.armmed robbery, kidnappings etc. Hopefully things will get better soon.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sweetTai(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
sailor1234:

You are right bro, seriously some of us will like to relocate back to Nigeria. I can say I have done well for myself abroad, I have 2 houses built in naija, I have enough money to start a good business in naija, but the issue of security is the main factor holding me back.armmed robbery, kidnappings etc. Hopefully things will get better soon.

A very true statement. If there’s security, water and regular electricity most of us will return home. My house here is appraised for $689,000 now, I bought it for $445,000. The profit from selling the house alone is enough for me to start a very good business in Nigeria. But within the last 3 years, I know 3 people who were kidnapped and killed in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Eriokanmi: 12:10am On Dec 04, 2022
sailor1234:

I'm so happy for you bro. More wins! Every nation has got their own challenges. Each time I hear of gun violence over there, my heart beats so fast. There was a day i was coming from new Jersey, going to new York port authority area to catch a train. There was this bridge which collapsed a few miles away. See cars dropping. It was a weird moment. If it were to be in Nigeria, you guys would probably have been mocking us. In 2018, I went for a training in CA. On arrival at Tom Bradely Airport, an aircraft crashed near a building...a private jet or so, killing everyone on board including some people in their homes nearby as it went down in flames, you see! I've been to more than half of the states in US cos I love moving around each time I visit. I see a lot bro. In aurora side of Chicago, guys were shot dead the day before...sometime in 2018 when I visited a friend. They surrounded the spot with a white cloth, flower and a cross. You'd know someone was brought down right there.

Our problem back home is self made. I pray we'd get leadership right from next year. A lot of things would be put right. We're here and they've not kidnapped us still lol. Maybe someday, you just think of what to do here. Do your feasibility studies. Security challenges will be over. You can imagine a cousin who left in 2019 getting scared of Nigeria cos of the news of insecurity he's hearing about naija over there as if it wasn't happening before he left here. He's beginning to reason differently. Before I started my business, Indians used to dominate the sector. I wasn't happy. How can an Indian come here with one cloth and return home a few years later as millionaire in dollars? Chinese too. But now, we've taken up to 35% of the market share. We're just 11 years old and we're growing fast. Chinese and Indians keep coming while our people keep running away...there must be something unique about Nigeria which is attracting them....opportunities!

Nigeria will be great again and this I've seen. Cheers!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 7arrows: 12:12am On Dec 04, 2022
adedayoa2:
nawa o, I know 3 women that went there before their husbands, they worked and invited husbands over.

Only women who values Marriage. Many will show their true colour.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 3:09am On Dec 04, 2022
080bjaked:

That one is unfair Sir. I worked with a bank in NG and am currently working with an Insurance house in the UK on a work visa and I can tell you for a fact that I've saved more than I saved in 8years in NG in less than a year in the UK. God knows I'm not lying here Sir.

You can save more because the pound is stronger than the naira, not because you work in an insurance house. You worked in a bank while in Nigeria, as what? Bank manager? The person I quoted said a warehouse operative lives a better life and has better prospects than a bank manager in Nigeria. I say that is not true. You compare a warehouse operative in Nigeria to a warehouse operative in the UK, not a bank manager.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 3:11am On Dec 04, 2022
1Sharon:

You seem like you've been in the west for long.
You're right. The problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians themselves but they love to point fingers at their politicians.

Please don't bother telling them not to go abroad lest they accuse you of trying to hold them back and stop their progress.

Nigerians have FOMO and are big sheeps.

I am really curious, what do you have against Nigerians or other black Africans migrating to the UK where you have been for ages? If it is that bad for a black person in the UK regardless of origin or time of entry, why have you not returned to the motherland?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 3:22am On Dec 04, 2022
Gerrard59:

I am really curious, what do you have against Nigerians or other black Africans migrating to the UK where you have been for ages? If it is that bad for a black person in the UK regardless of origin or time of entry, why have you not returned to the motherland?

Where in my comment did I indicate I have an issue with Nigerians migrating to the UK?

Didn't I state that ppl shouldn't bother telling them not to migrate?

So where is this coming from?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 3:28am On Dec 04, 2022
1Sharon:

Where in my comment did I indicate I have an issue with Nigerians migrating to the UK?

Didn't I state that ppl shouldn't bother telling them not to migrate?

So where is this coming from?

1Sharon:
It's almost like the UK born black ppl are disappearing or being bred out and being replace by immigrants. Immigration is the highest its ever been in the UK.

Import the 3rd world become the 3rd word.

Only the rich and middle class Nigerians can enjoy Nigeria.

The poor desperate Nigerians are the ones saying japa

Why would a rich person leave Nigeria when he can afford to live with dignity.

If you are rich in Nigeria, why would you go and hustle to live in the West?

1Sharon:

If they have that much money they may aswell start a business/ invest in Nigeria instead of hustling and being out of place in a foreign land.

You make it seem like things are really bad for blacks in the UK, so why have you not returned to a black-dominated country even as you continue to tactically dissuade other blacks from emigrating to the UK?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by ariesbull: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2022
she said the truth.. abroad people living on credit life

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by 1Sharon(f): 8:33am On Dec 04, 2022
Gerrard59:

You make it seem like things are really bad for blacks in the UK, so why have you not returned to a black-dominated country even as you continue to tactically dissuade other blacks from emigrating to the UK?

Look, there are 2 categories of black people in the UK those that were born and bred and immigrants.

It pisses me off that you Nigerians overlook and don't acknowledge the 1st category bcause we exist.

I'm not a "hustling" immigrant, the UK is my home.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Igiaruwe04: 9:03am On Dec 04, 2022
Mods will share news like this to cause division. Knowing fully well we're of slave mentality in Nigeria. And the person sharing this news will be bashed by poor Nigerian whose only hope to be successful in life is to Japa. No Nigerian can be successful without stepping foot in Canada. I've not met any Nigerian who achieve success in life without going to Canada or UK
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Igiaruwe04: 9:06am On Dec 04, 2022
Gerrard59:

I've never seen you making any other comment on this nairaland than this cliche comment of yours. Your comment has always been "why are you dissuading people from going abroad" even when a post only say things like "I'm having headache in the UK" you'll quickly think the individual is discouraging Japa with such post. � I use to say that it's futile to tell an average Nigerian the truth. Just show them the only good side of everything and let them make their decision

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Jman06(m): 10:06am On Dec 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Congrats brother and sorry for the ugly experience. Most likely, you left for the States before i did cheesy. I left in 2004 for schooling in upstate NY. I used to visit Dallas in TX back then where I had a friend. There's also a course mate who got employed in TX correctional centre the one at Nazareth. He later left cos of distance. I came back after my studies though i worked for a short while. It was while on the job I saw the opportunity and we're doing pretty fine in Nigeria today.

I'm really not against the japa time but my question is, is it worth it and on what purpose? And if you eventually japa, look for opportunities and bring it home. Market over there is saturated while Nigeria is a virgin land of loaded opportunities

All the best.
People should be free to jakpa. Nigeria is a hellhole.

It is only in backward countries like Nigeria that able bodied men require some sort of miracles to get a job. While in the west, job boards are there to help fix people into jobs because they understand the effect of a working population on the economy.

Are we talking about the security and healthy environment? Bros, I'll rather work my butt off in the US and have my offspring there than suffer in Nigeria with so much uncertainties.

You guys should give up this current trend of trying to discourage people from leaving Nigeria, you can never convince anybody that Nigeria has suddenly turned a paradise when we already wear the shoe and know where it pinches.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Tunagee(m): 12:01pm On Dec 04, 2022
Nhemzie17:
I wonder why a Sane person who has up to a million or more in his/her account would spend everything to travel to another country with a lot of uncertainties. Why not stay back and invest that money and get established.
Don't be deceived by the fake life of those abroad, they are suffering and smiling.

Exactly
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Tunagee(m): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2022
Validated:
Only successful families pay good tithes and offering.
Also only successful couple can relocate abroad.
A good dentist cannot advise you to pull your ailinng tooth, if you do, s/he has no job.

If you get my drift, you are smart.

Yes, we get it
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Alusiizizi(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2022
deepwater:

I don't get your reason

My reason is, what's the point in giving free advice? They're not going to use it for anything good. Tell them how the western world really is and they will demonize you as an enemy of progress, that you don't want them to travel out and "make it". I get this all the time. I speak from first hand experience. I too traveled out. Although I was one of the lucky ones many of them are languishing out there, be it U.K or U.S. Even if you obtained a university education in Nigeria in order to even have a fighting chance out there you must re-start your education from scratch over there because no institution out there recognizes a university certificate from a Nigerian university. Let's assume that you make the mistake of believing that you will not be needing a western university degree and that you can make it in "business", then at that point your life story is done, as you will be doomed to spend your entire existence in a career like janitor or cab driver.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Gerrard59(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

I've never seen you making any other comment on this nairaland than this cliche comment of yours. Your comment has always been "why are you dissuading people from going abroad" even when a post only say things like "I'm having headache in the UK" you'll quickly think the individual is discouraging Japa with such post. � I use to say that it's futile to tell an average Nigerian the truth. Just show them the only good side of everything and let them make their decision

At the bold, even after providing evidence of Ms Sharon's two-faced posts? I only pointed out her hypocrisy, that is all.

Well, I find it extremely hypocritical when people constantly criticise something they have yet won't allow others to get it, and even at that won't let go of it.

Tell me why I should not point out the hypocrisy of someone:

- who relocated to the US using a tourist visa, yet the person discourages another Nigerian who intends to relocate via the study route?
- who stays in Europe, complains that all of Africa is too poor for his business to thrive, yet says it is good to be around people who look like you as the basis for not relocating? What stops him from returning to the same place where everyone looks like him?
- who has French citizenship due to his parents who migrated to France yet believes others who relocate are dogs in the city rather than the jungle in the forest? Why does he not tell the same to his parents?
- who relocated to Nigeria from Europe, hated what she saw and hates Nigerian men and later relocated to a no-name country in Central America WHILE castigating Europe and North America? If it was that bad, why has she not let go of her European citizenship when she moved to God-knows-where in Central America?
- who has been in the UK for donkey years yet castigates Rita Dominic for holding her wedding ceremony in the same UK. Why has he not returned to Nigeria?
...and many more. I don't like dishonest people, and I would always point out their hypocrisy whenever they come up with the humdrum statements that Europe or the developed world is difficult for African migrants. If things are so hard, what stops them from moving back? While they do that, they should let go of their European/North American citizenship.

The head of the travel agency who booked my ticket encouraged me to japa as her parents did the same thing and she is grateful for it. Due to being an American passport holder, she has been to over 80 countries, and her husband is a permanent resident. But she cannot raise her children in the US and likes being in Nigeria but spends holidays wherever she wants due to her citizenship status. All her children are Americans. You see? She returned because she has issues raising her children in the US, which is perfectly understandable. But she does not dissuade young Nigerians from doing the same. That is my stance; you cannot tell others not to aspire for what you currently enjoy, yet won't let go of it.

If the developed world is too difficult for a person as a black African migrant, kindly pack your bags and move to sub-Saharan Africa. While that let go of their citizenships.

Practice what you preach, not do as I say, not as I do.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by theamazonguru(m): 5:59pm On Dec 04, 2022
Eriokanmi:
We're doing well in my company. I'm an employer too and i put food at the table of my staff. I schooled , worked for a short while and came back home with the opportunity which had brought me into a limelight today. All thanks to God Almighty. My profession had taken me to DAAR Hall in DC where Barak Obama was the host

My uncle who encouraged me to toe his path is a multi billionaire today. Google Xantrex Engineering .he's the sole distributor for West Africa. He left America after seeing the opportunity and came back home with it. Only a few banks and online-based companies in West Africa aren't enjoying his service. He saw the opportunity on his way back home one day when returning from Walmart where he was working as a storekeeper and grabbed it

Nice one.
Your story is quite inspiring.

BTW, are you into power systems?
Forgive my inquisition.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Monarch University Built By Bishop Tom Samson Where School Fees Is N500k (Photos / Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / A Rejoinder On Why I Left Christ Embassy Church By Marchman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.