Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad (49708 Views)

Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Rev Esther Prays For God To Touch Prophet Israel Genesis' Heart / Bishop Oyedepo Lays Hands On Rev Esther Ajayi, Prays For Her (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
alvan06:
let say you earn €1600 monthly and you pay 400 to 600€ rent a month then gas, water ,condominium will surely take up to €300 think of feeding fuel ⛽️ or tickets to work before you feed them family and friends who now thinks that you live in heaven will be frowning with that you’re not sending something o,bros the only difference between Nigeria and abroad is security,electricity and maybe freedom.

No that is not the major difference
The major difference is that an average person in Nigeria can never earn £1,600 per month!

the average salary in Nigeria in 2022 is 71,185 naira per month, which corresponds to $170.

Let's tell our self the truth.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Sammy101111(m): 4:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.

It happen to someone I know the lady left him when she got to Washington USA
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:50pm On Dec 03, 2022
Chris2863:
your analysis is quite funny. The question now is, how much is an average rent in Lagos for a month and how much is an average rent in the Western in a month

To you, you sounded very intelligent with the above analysis grin

What's your point?
I don't see any reason behind your comments.
Can you say something intelligent?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by MasterTeeUSA: 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by deepwater(f): 4:51pm On Dec 03, 2022
Alusiizizi:

Comments like these are the reason I don't ever bother offering advice to people. Tell them the truth and they will rebuke you, show them even video evidence and they will curse you and your generations, accusing you of being an "enemy of progress".

I don't get your reason
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by otokx(m): 5:02pm On Dec 03, 2022
Reverend or Prophetess?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by litaninja(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
700$? Better than a lot of people abroad? lol

#500,000 wey the majority of nigerians no fit save for an entire year. lol.

StagethemTVee:
Reverend Esther Ajayi has asked married people who wants to relocate abroad to be sure their marriage can survive the test of time abroad considering the societal values, pressure and culture.

She advised people to consider it well.and make sure they are certain of the move before they make it.

She also mentioned that people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Art6dP_BmW8

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Whiteways: 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
Wagbayi
Oblongata:
I know a lot of broke people with little or no opportunity to travel will masturbate on this thread!

Naija or Abroad, marriage wey go crash go crash.

If your woman get money pass you for naija na the same shege wey she go show you for abroad she go show you for here.

My brother! Forget Obi, Atiku or BAT, none of them can save Nigeria, if you get the levels, JAPA!!!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 5:03pm On Dec 03, 2022
Asour:

The sentiment expressed here (true or not) is from recent observations. Not 40 years ago couples.

Oga. Many around me. My sister is been married over 2 decades, I have friends who's been over 10years and many more. Marry for the right reason and you will be happy you did. There are more happy homes than you can imagine, however, the bad ones are the ones people talk about the most.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by sharone21(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
drakeli:
It’s true but at what cost for the husband? After different men don nack their wives before they could get paper to invite their husbands

Why are u seeing this only from the angle of being a man and NOT from the angle of women.

Women don't always carry sex matter for head like gala like men. She may even be too busy working to save in order to bring her husband abroad.for her to have a complete home.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by pocohantas(f): 5:06pm On Dec 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

That's how it should be.

Me must stop demonizing divorce and stigmatizing divorcees... It is primitive and downright stupid.

It's okay to marry someone not meant for you in error or irreversibly get sick of the person over time, but it makes no sense whatsoever to endure a dead union out of shame or fear of stigma.

Osinachi and many others would be alive today if we didn't have such stigma.

Don’t mind them. Acting like their marriages riddled with adultery and all sorts of abuse are better than what they have abroad. If not stigma and fear of starting all over again, how many Nigerian men would still have wives?

Rather than fix the fundamental issue, they choose to blame abroad.

5 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Acidosis(m): 5:08pm On Dec 03, 2022
There are over 190 countries and over 2 million cities in the world. You can't be everywhere at the same time. And each of these countries are better than the rest in one way or the other. Choose where you want to be and go settle. As for money, it can be made anywhere in the world.

Make una rest.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by adedayoa2(f): 5:10pm On Dec 03, 2022
FuckSilly:

Say God shocked shocked shocked

Oniro buruku
ori e ope, awon wo legbe e
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Whiteways: 5:14pm On Dec 03, 2022
People like to open mouth and talk without thinking in this country... 500k some of us are not able to save for more than one year. My advise for anyone that want to move, be it single or married. Pls be prayerful, positive and follow your instincts. Not everybody japaying are lacking financial issues. This country no easy. Take it or leave it.

Whiteways:
Wagbayi
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by akaleb2015(m): 5:15pm On Dec 03, 2022
What would be would be and what would not be would not be life is in phases men are in sizes
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by emmaodet: 5:16pm On Dec 03, 2022
StagethemTVee:
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.

Na waaaaaaaaaa

Is this a joke or real?
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by naijknight: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2022
Next year I dey japa to cotonue atleast I go dry run my bitcoin business successfully without Nigeria stupid cbn ban...if you don't get it , forget about it undecided
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Asour: 5:20pm On Dec 03, 2022
GboyegaD:

Oga. Many around me. My sister is been married over 2 decades, I have friends who's been over 10years and many more. Marry for the right reason and you will be happy you did. There are more happy homes than you can imagine, however, the bad ones are the ones people talk about the most.

This is undeterminable.

In many cases, non divorce is not equal to a happy home.
None other than the parties of a home can know how happy the couple truly are.

Again, non-divorce =\= Happy home.
In India for instance, divorces are fewer BUT domestic violence /abuse are rife.
Given that there the men initiate most divorces, divorce can't be a good bellwether for happy homes.

https://livewire.thewire.in/gender-and-sexuality/divorce-rates-are-increasing-heres-why-thats-a-good-thing/#:~:text=India%20has%20one%20of%20the,India%2C%20men%20initiate%20most%20divorces.

Also the idea that the people around you are well married says little about an uptick in Divorces in US
http://www.allianceformarriage.org/causes-and-risks-for-divorce/

I think economic pressures are a factor here. But so is the liberation of women rights. I.e. wrongs that would have been suppressed by women years ago can't be again.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ugosample(m): 5:28pm On Dec 03, 2022
Angelfrost:

Such couples are better off divorced then.

I have on record several other couples that have remained married and even happier for decades since moving abroad.

Nigerians in Nigeria just pretend a lot because of the stigma attached to singleness and divorce...!

A lot of marriages in Nigeria today are more toxic and destructive than singleness! Fact!
True
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Raalsalghul: 5:29pm On Dec 03, 2022
Begobow:
They shouldn't Japan cos you want to keep collecting their tithe

Lol!
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by CaptainFM1: 5:30pm On Dec 03, 2022
deepwater:
lol

people with N500,000 naira in their account are better than a lot of people abroad.

you see that line above? the rich have used it so many times to supress the poor from making any tangible advancement out of poverty (Nigeria).

500k would pay an average rent per month in the western world.
500k would pay average annual rent in Lagos
so how is a poor person in Lagos better off ?

The truth is, it's very difficult to convince someone suffering in Nigeria not to Japa because the people over here have over hyped abroad by posting pictures of them living large even when many don't have shishi in their pockets.

At the same time Reverend is correct to some extent especially regarding marriage.
I personally don't like the idea of permanent relocation to abroad.

Two main factors that I've identified that breaks marriages nowadays are:

1. Poverty (Over 50% of women would cheat if the financial security of the man is threatened)

2. Social Media (What this smart phones can do does not exist!)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by nedekid: 5:31pm On Dec 03, 2022
sharpwriter:

Shuo! shocked shocked shocked tell me you're joking cheesy
Anyways the wife go don collect later, unless them never visit naija since den
Lol, not joke oh. This happened over 22 years ago. Them still de till today. Wonderful couple. But me I don't think it still continues, you never know what happens in secret though. But as I said, my guy is quite sucessful, but surely will know his limits.
Guess abroad women have more say, they are more protected by the authorities.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ugosample(m): 5:33pm On Dec 03, 2022
sweetTai:
When I came to the United States in 1997, I used to advise people not to travel out of Nigeria. Today, I can’t sincerely give that advice. If you are well off in Nigeria with a good job or business, stay in Nigeria and travel to the west on vacation for exposure. Nigeria of today is a nightmare. Within the last 2 years, I know at least 4 families that returned to Nigeria some years back only to come back to America because the conditions in Nigeria was just too harsh. I don’t know of anybody that has stayed in America for some years and can make sense of Nigeria of today. The problem is not Nigeria, the problem is Nigerians. Our reasoning, our thoughts, our rationale and sentiments has been badly affected by instability and poverty. The last time I went home, I had to chastise a grown man in his 50s or 60s openly urinating in front of my Dad’s house. When I told him to stop, every Okada drivers and retailers around were laughing at me like I was saying things that is Devine. Everywhere I went, it’s begging, begging and begging! A complete chaos. I watched the utterances of the Nigerian politicians and it bemused me. I was watching TV one night when a Nigerian politician brought his 6 or 7 wives to the Nigerian congress just to show them how powerful of a man he is. This same politician has almost 20 kids! What business does he have besides the legislature to cater for such a huge family?? NIGERIA IS A HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Thank you oo
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 5:39pm On Dec 03, 2022
Asour:

This is undeterminable.

In many cases, non divorce is not equal to a happy home.
None other than the parties of a home can know how happy the couple truly are.

Again, non-divorce =\= Happy home.
In India for instance, divorces are fewer BUT domestic violence /abuse are rife.
Given that there the men initiate most divorces, divorce can't be a good bellwether for happy homes.

https://livewire.thewire.in/gender-and-sexuality/divorce-rates-are-increasing-heres-why-thats-a-good-thing/#:~:text=India%20has%20one%20of%20the,India%2C%20men%20initiate%20most%20divorces.

Also the idea that the people around you are well married says little about an uptick in Divorces in US
http://www.allianceformarriage.org/causes-and-risks-for-divorce/

I think economic pressures are a factor here. But so is the liberation of women rights. I.e. wrongs that would have been suppressed by women years ago can't be again.

Everyone knows non divorce is not synonymous to happy homes however there are many happy homes out there.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Ugosample(m): 5:40pm On Dec 03, 2022
shegzhkn:

Lol, dude couldn't survive the competition in Uncle Sam.

A Nation with a paltry 2k USD GDP per Capita is a better place, great.

..... And a very massive poverty rate

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Asour: 5:42pm On Dec 03, 2022
GboyegaD:

Everyone knows non divorce is not synonymous to happy homes however[b] there are many happy [/b]homes out there.

The problem is with your assumption.

Only a couple (or those living closely with them) know whether their home is truly a happy home or not.

We've seen to much pretence & endurance to know that.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by GboyegaD(m): 5:45pm On Dec 03, 2022
Asour:

The problem is with your assumption.

Only a couple (or those living closely with them) know whether their home is truly a happy home or not.

We've seen to much pretence & endurance to know that.

There's no imitation without a genuine one. So, if people choose to imitate a happy home, it is because they know happy homes exist.

2 Likes

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by remsonik(f): 5:50pm On Dec 03, 2022
I was at the immigration office for capturing few days back and if you see the crowd there ehn it's so huge. They have an average of 250 persons attended to everyday. While in their office for capturing we were asked not to use our phone or else we will be sent out. If you see how they were collecting money from people.

Then the officer said something 'everybody wan japa but for me I no go leave my father's land' we were all laughing at him and everyone said shebi na because of the riba wey you dey collect. If you are not working here and milking people dry of their resources will you still wish to be in Nigeria till today.

1 Like

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Angelfrost(m): 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2022
pocohantas:

Don’t mind them. Acting like their marriages riddled with adultery and all sorts of abuse are better than what they have abroad. If not stigma and fear of starting all over again, how many Nigerian men would still have wives?

Rather than fix the fundamental issue, they choose to blame abroad.

We never fix fundamental issues in Nigeria... We just enjoy living in pretence.

That's why the nation is in a such a mess!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by adedayoa2(f): 5:57pm On Dec 03, 2022
Allisgud:
get small issue with that woman u go know say na she bring u
no be all women be the way una dey always talk.
Re: Japa: Rev Esther Ajayi Advises Nigerian Couples Against Relocating Abroad by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 03, 2022
Everyone should live their lives how they like. Japa or remain just make sure to always provide for ur family any which way u can

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bishop Gwajima Sex Tape Leaks / Pastor Poju Oyemade Deletes His Tweets After He was Attacked On Twitter / Evelyn Joshua: Primate Ayodele Pays Condolence Visit To TB Joshua’s Widow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.