Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,912 members, 7,814,080 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79565 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Kreddy: 1:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Any IT skills to learn?? I'm based in Kaduna
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by kelechi50: 2:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
Please which IT skills is the best to learn for a youth that's seeking for admission.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 2:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
BigYash:
The way he and those nairaland scammers say it en,one will think its very easily to learn or say na surgery them wan use put am inside person brain. To learn and master IT skills no be beans o

I've been on this forum for more than 15 years. Since 2007. Not one scandal, no business transaction with anyone, no advertisement of any product, no begging for or soliciting for anything from anyone. I comment and rarely reply DM's. Clean as a whistle.

He is in Canada and there are thousands of open positions in many fields. This is not Nigeria where unemployment rate is 50% and IT penetration is still minimal.

IT is a very very broad field. Not everyone will be a software developer. If your brain is so dead that you cannot find one field there to chuck head na you sabi.

There are other fields too. Phlebotomy, Medical Billing and Coding, Insurance Claims Adjusting. Project Management, Copywriting.

The person concerned greatly appreciates my input cause I have opened his eyes to how to prosper in his new environment.

Young Nigerians in the USA and Canada are killing it. Working 2- 3 easy jobs from the comfort of their bedrooms as knowledge workers with a combined annual gross of ranging from 150 to 250 thousand dollars per annum.

Why should he not invest two years in his life to aquire an in-demand skill and secure his future and prosper in an environment that guarantees success if you put the work in.

Na where you eyes reach na him you go see.

If the guy brain dull...instead of driving forklift, I will advise him to kuku get a Commercial Driver License and start driving trucks across Canada. That one will pay him more than Forklift driving. That one na warehouse job na....you go dey struggle to pay bills all your life.

Wake up!!!

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Oyiboman69: 2:51pm On Dec 07, 2022
goldfish27:
Come back to Nigeria as quickly as possible and learn one of the above mentioned skill

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 3:09pm On Dec 07, 2022
Kreddy:
Any IT skills to learn?? I'm based on Kaduna

You see your phone ehn. It's a very powerful weapon.

Use Google and YouTube to educate yourself on anything on this planet.

With the information you get you can make an informed decision for yourself.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Leoleo1(m): 3:55pm On Dec 07, 2022
SoftP:

it’s never too late to start
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Leoleo1(m): 3:56pm On Dec 07, 2022
Drop your number if you care.

Galaxydon1:
i can drive truck. Money no dey to japa
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by etrange: 4:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
Munachimso30:
My question is how did you enter Canada, through work permit, PR or visit visa ?

A very important question. People asking him to go to school, do IT and start earning big forgot to ask if he's got the papers to support that plan.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Hadampson(m): 5:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
kelechi50:
Please which IT skills is the best to learn for a youth that's seeking for admission.

Kreddy:
Any IT skills to learn?? I'm based on Kaduna

Find the one you have interest in.
First of all, try and look for related questions on Quora or nairaland then look for materials and videos to learn the IT skill of your choice.

Sololearn
W3schools
Udemy
Coursera
YouTube

These are some of the places where you can learn IT skills online

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Pipefitter: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]

Woman dey do carpentry
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by boldking(m): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
That’s your business my friend
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by nedekid: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
emorse:

Sir? Aircraft engineer you say? What business do you have laying bricks as an engineer?
Maybe flexibility. Sometimes, your area of specialization may not be available or one is made redundant, but the bills continue. One has to do some other hustle to pay bills.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by jojothaiv(m): 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
Bluntguy:

This your heading is misleading o because me, I regret reading this post. I am unreading it now.
Blunt nigga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Laturuturu: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2022

Mtew
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Gbeng30(m): 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Interesting, noted
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 07, 2022
Abeg, which tech skills pay more in Canada? Between business analytics/data analytics, Cybersecurity and computer repair & networking; which is more in demand, and get Job easily? OP, you response is highly needed.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Concept2(f): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Noted
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2022
Oyindamolah, abeg, which tech skills pay more in Canada? Between business analytics/data analytics, Cybersecurity and computer repair & networking; which is more in demand, and gets Job easily? OP, you response is highly needed.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by hezy4real01(m): 6:38pm On Dec 07, 2022
Just imagine, if you ask him what he was doing in Nigeria, he was probably a big boy oo, but the government failed him he won go de do carpenter job for another man land now, God heal our land

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by factcheckmmm: 6:39pm On Dec 07, 2022

An a website developer please link me up with any job
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Softmirror: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom KINDLY READ THIS THREAD. IT MAKES EMPHASIS TO THE POINT I WAS MAKING.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Anthony0094(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
how about plumbing
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Voiceofthestree: 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904

I no get degree how much you nah go pay me
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by nedekid: 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

I've been on this forum for more than 15 years. Since 2007. Not one scandal, no business transaction with anyone, no advertisement of any product, soliciting for anything. Clean as a whistle.

He is in Canada and there are thousands of open positions in many fields. This is not Nigeria where unemployment rate is 50% and IT penetration is still minimal.

IT is a very very broad field. Not everyone will be a software developer. If your brain is so dead that you cannot find one field there to chuck head na you sabi.

There are other fields too. Phlebotomy, Medical Billing , Insurance claims Adjusting. Project Management.

The person concerned greatly appreciates my input cause I have opened his eyes to how to prosper in his new environment.

Young Nigerians in the USA and Canada are killing it. Working 2- 3 easy jobs from the comfort of their bedrooms as knowledge workers with a combined annual gross of ranging from 150 to 250 thousand dollars per annum.

Why should he not invest two years in his life to secure his future and prosper in an environment that guarantees success if you put the work in.

Na where you eyes reach na him you go see.

If the guy brain dull...instead of driving forklift, I will advise him to kuku get a Commercial driver license and start driving trucks across Canada. That one will pay him more than Forklift driving. That one na warehouse job na....you go dey struggle to pay bills all your life.

Wake up!!!
Na wah. Valid points though. I know of someone in naija that has being working for a UK financial institution from her computer her in Lagos. They recently relocated her to the UK.
Even my sis in the UK works from home. Can you imagine, no entering transport etc. Wake up in the morning and sit in front of computer, get paid at the month end. Haba! NO BE JUJU BE THAT?

14 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by femijay8271(m): 6:41pm On Dec 07, 2022
Dem don start again o
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Mayeldah(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest two good years make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America. When you can start earning at least 75'000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.

Everyone is not cut out for IT skills.

For him to have learnt forklift operation, it means he is engineering savvy, let him continue in that line.

Its always good you pursue careers in areas you have comparative advantage and inborn skills. Don't jump into the bandwagon of IT becuase others are running there. Not all IT professionals are doing well.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Bacteriologist(m): 6:42pm On Dec 07, 2022
Is music a good skill to japa with?

What are the chances of someone that can play musical instruments like piano, guitar etc in the West?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by paradigmshift(m): 6:43pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest two good years make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America. When you can start earning at least 75'000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
which course can I learn before jakpa..I am in Edo state...
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by fastseo: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2022

If am coming to study can one pick courses in this area
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Truthshscrazy: 6:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
KK

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.