Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79562 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Desusi: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2022
wentroublecomes:

How possible? Can someone work without paper? God forbid What if you get caught?
I heard one need to understand German well b4 one can get a good job. How true is that?
I'm planning to go to Germany. Not to study but pure hustle. Just want to get some info from you if you don't mind sir
Very very possible provided you are skilled in that job they wanted to employ you for.They see you as a cheap labour without tax becos you don't have permit.If you're caught by their ministry of labour, just tell them you're possessing your work permits and quietly excuse them.Learning their language is an added opportunity to do anything. Once a German man hear you speaking their language, they would completely feel at home with you and open up to assist. I learn their language under 3 months and became African chef to help Africans who were having issues with police. Its easy learning it in Germany than Nigeria becos as soon you leave classroom you will begin to speak it by force whether good or bad, from their,your errors would be corrected and you're perfected. You can reach me on my gmail for further Infos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by virginchaser(m): 8:41am On Dec 08, 2022
nedekid:

Na wah. Valid points though. I know of someone in naija that has being working for a UK financial institution from her computer her in Lagos. They recently relocated her to the UK.
Even my sis in the UK works from home. Can you imagine, no entering transport etc. Wake up in the morning and sit in front of computer, get paid at the month end. Haba! NO BE JUJU BE THAT?

You are right, i got an uncle whom lives in UK but have been around in Nigeria for the past 3 months working from home. You see him outside only from Saturday to Sunday.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Softmirror: 9:02am On Dec 08, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Many of you take criticisms poorly. Using your perspective, because Prada and other very high end designers charge a lot means tailors earn a lot? That same Prada pays its tailors pittance if at all. That’s the tailor that does the actual sewing. But the designers who do the intellectual work of coming up with the styl, the colors and fabrics to use, those get paid massively more. Without cutting one piece of fabric or threading a needle. I’m any line of business, intellectual work out earns brawn. The architect you talk about, is he going to be cutting wood with saw and nailing them together? Naaaah. He’s going to focus on designing bespoke pieces that can be put together with wood. Intellectual work always earns more than brawn. Mostly. This is not in anyway downplaying carpentry or any of the trades. Personally I love plumbing and electrician work. But for both jobs, I’m interested in them because most of those who do them in Nigeria do a shoddy job. Use cheap materials and do not follow any sort of global standards. So my criticism isn’t I’m anyway downplaying the trades. I’m just stating a fact. An Electrical engineer will earn more than an equivalent electrician in most cases. Of course an electrician with 20 years experience will earn more than an entry level Electrical Engineer which is why I say compare like for like

I LOVE THE WAY YOU HAVE NOW UNDERSTOOD THE BIGGER PICTURE IN TERMS OF RELATIVISM. THANKS.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by cooooooks(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2022
A friend is going to Canada next week. She has a lot of space in her luggage and will help anyone in the Port Harcourt area carry things to Canada for a small fee.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Aurelius1(m): 9:04am On Dec 08, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest at least two good years in yourself make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America, when you can start earning at least 75,000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
Pardon me bro,what branch of IT do you consider as lucrative and how do I monetize or sell that skill?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by moonraker(m): 9:50am On Dec 08, 2022
Meanwhile, If We have had told OP to do exactly what they are regretting now, they would say enemy of progress this and that.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Didi2d(m): 2:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
Leoleo1:
Ur number?

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by AlphaTaikun: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest at least two good years in yourself make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America, when you can start earning at least 75,000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Mikelarteta(m): 3:16pm On Dec 08, 2022
As a heavy Equipment Operator, I make over 6 figure’s easily. Way to go men no be all this university graduates without skills. This is why a country like Canada is working, thru put more empjyon technical education.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by virginchaser(m): 6:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
nedekid:

Na wah. Valid points though. I know of someone in naija that has being working for a UK financial institution from her computer her in Lagos. They recently relocated her to the UK.
Even my sis in the UK works from home. Can you imagine, no entering transport etc. Wake up in the morning and sit in front of computer, get paid at the month end. Haba! NO BE JUJU BE THAT?

You are right, i got an uncle whom lives in UK but have been around in Nigeria for the past 3 months working from home. You see him outside only on Saturday and Sunday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by wentroublecomes: 8:21pm On Dec 08, 2022
Desusi:

Very very possible provided you are skilled in that job they wanted to employ you for.They see you as a cheap labour without tax becos you don't have permit.If you're caught by their ministry of labour, just tell them you're possessing your work permits and quietly excuse them.Learning their language is an added opportunity to do anything. Once a German man hear you speaking their language, they would completely feel at home with you and open up to assist. I learn their language under 3 months and became African chef to help Africans who were having issues with police. Its easy learning it in Germany than Nigeria becos as soon you leave classroom you will begin to speak it by force whether good or bad, from their,your errors would be corrected and you're perfected. You can reach me on my gmail for further Infos

Thanks so much. I've PM u. Or u can send Ur Gmail to me sir
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 8:31pm On Dec 08, 2022
Canada2021:
Hello bro, please can i send you a pm. I recently relocated to the US and will need your guidance on this IT stuff

No vex brother. I've largely tried to remain completely anonymous on this forum and very very rarely reply PMs from anyone.

Use Google. Use YouTube. Use LinkedIn.
There is a endless well of information.

You know your personality best and will know what suits you based on your research.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by cutieme(m): 9:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
BigDawsNet:

UX/UX pretty easy to learn and you will love doing it daily
Ok,where and how can one learn it?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by tiwasiaife(m): 6:21am On Dec 09, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by BigDawsNet: 7:45am On Dec 09, 2022
cutieme:

Ok,where and how can one learn it?

You will the course online.. some may be paid or free

And if u hav the money.. learn from any offline IT school around you

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Munachimso30(m): 7:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
Igiaruwe04:

Aren't you people tired of this old stale comment? Whenever you guys say this you sound boring. It's understandable most of you are poor and will never be able to afford to relocate, but allow people rant in peace. We get it, the probability of you amounting to anything in Nigeria is zero, but stfu and fix your life

Can I get help from ya? Not money really
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by cuteboy2: 1:49am On Dec 12, 2022
You still didn't answer the question. Is it easier to keep driving forklift that is guy is already fed up with, and little or no chance for pay increase or to pivot into IT?

Nobody said anything is easy. What is easy in this life anyway?
An IT skill will give him a massive boost, take him into a better career path.

So what do you suggest he should do?

BigYash:
I didn't say that oga.. But telling someone that its easy to learn IT skill is not true.. Even d common graphics still dey take time,not to talk of programming and the rest..
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by BigYash: 5:26am On Dec 12, 2022
cuteboy2:
You still didn't answer the question. Is it easier to keep driving forklift that is guy is already fed up with, and little or no chance for pay increase or to pivot into IT?

Nobody said anything is easy. What is easy in this life anyway?
An IT skill will give him a massive boost, take him into a better career path.

So what do you suggest he should do?

And I wasn't saying driving forklift is better either, but I was talking about the way scammers tell people on nairaland that learning IT skill is easy... Everyone knows that IT skills pays better than forklift driving, but deceiving him that is easy to learn is what I am against.. And before he masters and start earning with IT skill,I hope you know how long it's gonna take in real life?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by DonroxyII: 12:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
otipoju:

That is also a very good one. An Auto mechanic is a knowledge worker but still requires some hard work and grime. I know of a very good Nigerian electrician who retrained and got licensed in US..earns roughly 80 thousand dollars a year. Even a Plumber or HVAC technician will earn decent.

But with IT jobs we are talking of working from the confines of your bedroom and making really good money.

Not all of IT is writing codes.

I work in heavy IT environment and can't write a single line of code nor even have any IT certifications. But i am a highly skilled people leader and I just provide leadership and guidance from my closet.

Please what's your expertise ??
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 12:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
DonroxyII:

Please what's your expertise ??

It's hidden in plain sight.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Rubyjade: 9:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
Revolva:

Canada and western countries are land of opportunities , they don't care much about your degree. They mostly care about what you know and what you can do
i keep telling people
Tell them
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by goldfish27(m): 8:04am On Dec 13, 2022
cry me a river boy, any little thing you use the word POOR POOR POOR if you are as rich as claimed, why is your name not among the 100 million richest men in Nigeria?

Igiaruwe04:

Aren't you people tired of this old stale comment? Whenever you guys say this you sound boring. It's understandable most of you are poor and will never be able to afford to relocate, but allow people rant in peace. We get it, the probability of you amounting to anything in Nigeria is zero, but stfu and fix your life
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Bokeeto(m): 9:31am On Dec 13, 2022
Shakitibob0:
If you are really an expert in playing those instruments, abeg JAPA... Plethora of opportunities await you anywhere you go....

I have met lots of instrumentalist killing it in all of the countries that i have visited out of Africa

Please sir can you throw more light on this, I'm a guitarist planning to travel to UK via study route.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 13, 2022
QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904
Shey soldier bress too don dey big like this nii.? cool
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Possible1805: 11:21am On Dec 13, 2022
ABEG wetin make we Plumber we dey nigeria do, should I just apply for another plumber apprentice learning so that I can get a certificate I mean in Canada
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Shakitibob0: 11:34am On Dec 13, 2022
Possible1805:
ABEG wetin make we Plumber we dey nigeria do, should I just apply for another plumber apprentice learning so that I can get a certificate I mean in Canada
If you are already in Canada, applying for another training or apprenticeship in Canada would be the best option.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Igiaruwe04: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2022
goldfish27:
cry me a river boy, any little thing you use the word POOR POOR POOR if you are as rich as claimed, why is your name not among the 100 million richest men in Nigeria?

With the Way y'all cry online about how nigeria has fail you and all, I don't believe anyone in Nigeria is worth #100,000
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by goldfish27(m): 6:35am On Dec 14, 2022
yes no one is worth even a dollar here but we aren't 2nd class citizens down here nor do we hide when we see the popo

Igiaruwe04:

With the Way y'all cry online about how nigeria has fail you and all, I don't believe anyone in Nigeria is worth #100,000
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by jackals(f): 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2022
goldfish27:
yes no one is worth even a dollar here but we aren't 2nd class citizens down here nor do we hide when we see the popo

That's not true tho. Don't believe what you see on social media. Nigerians are doing well and fine. In fact, some Nigerian are doing better than most people abroad. I don't even see myself leaving nigeria for anywhere but that's just me and I don't speak for everyone else

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by damzy88: 1:32am On Dec 15, 2022
smiley
InvertedHammer:
/

Some people are just funny. Some think that there is a particular qualification that can give a guaranteed job. You still need to go through the process of adaption before whipping that degree you so much cherish to get a job. So someone with a degree in aircraft engineering will just approach an airline and they will create an opening for him even when they are not looking?

Dedicate the first three years abroad to getting your feet wet before landing a dream job. Newcomers tend to blow their progress out of proportion. That brother sending money back home as a professional in his field may be a security guard doing night shift somewhere while searching for a better job.

/
wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.