Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79563 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by franugo(m): 11:15pm On Dec 07, 2022
Leoleo1:
Drop your number if you care.

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by franugo(m): 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2022
ednut1:
i dey Canada, dey press computer for the bank i dey work. No work to do again today. So i dey chill

Please which province you dey?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2022
prophetfire:
IT professional? I don't know why I'm not interested in staying long times with the computers. Once I stay a short time and get what I want, I just leave and go. My laptop is idling away. I don't like opening it. I just use my phone to get most things done. So sit and be looking at the screen for long bores me.

Me too. But when better money is involved, your yansh go gum for that seat.

I used to think that I can't do without playing football until I got one gig wey dey give me better money like. I went 3 months in Alabama without kicking a ball.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by SmartPolician: 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
kelechi50:
Please which IT skills is the best to learn for a youth that's seeking for admission.

Learn software or app development

It's hard but if you can solve a problem with that, you are made for life.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by OllyDiamond: 12:00am On Dec 08, 2022
Please I am interested and would act accordingly

QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by tiwasiaife(m): 12:35am On Dec 08, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest at least two good years in yourself make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America, when you can start earning at least 75,000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.

Please, what type of degree in information technology you can suggest.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 12:43am On Dec 08, 2022
tiwasiaife:

Please, what type of degree in information technology you can suggest.

Everything depends on your interests and personality

https://www.simplilearn.com/top-certifications-to-consider-while-upskilling-for-the-digital-age-article
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by femijay8271(m): 1:15am On Dec 08, 2022
LastProphet:

Yes, fixing the 4 shocks alone is $225 and they I have not seen a mechanic without 5-10 cars waiting on queue for them 247

Nice one
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by theamazonguru(m): 1:19am On Dec 08, 2022
kelechi50:
Please which IT skills is the best to learn for a youth that's seeking for admission.

There are a lot, it depends on your interest and ability to learn and implement what you have learnt.

I will list quite a number of them.
Please google search on each for more details:

1. IT support
2. DevOps
3. Front end/back end/full stack programer
4. Web design / web development
5. UI/UX
6. Data Analysis using Python or R
7. Project management using SCRUM or AGILE
8. Automation
9. Graphics Design
10. Data Science
11.Machine Language
12. Software Engineering/ Architecture
14. Cyber Security
15. Big Data
16. Data Analysis using EXCEL
17. Software testing
18. Many many more.

Note:
Not all IT SKILLS require coding, just do a soul search and be sure to settle for one you think you have capacity to cope with.

If you are interested,join this group on telegram,go to files,video, go through all the materials that have been posted , pick an area of interest, then begin to study.
But make sure you are consistent.

https:///LaptopLaivstyle
I.e https: + // + t + .me + / + LaptopLaivstyle
(Remove all the + and space, all must be one word)

Or better still search for LaptopLaivstyle and add it as a group. The group name is "Zero to $5k in a month"

Best of luck.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by NurHadejia(m): 1:26am On Dec 08, 2022
What about kano?
QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by NurHadejia(m): 1:27am On Dec 08, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by theamazonguru(m): 1:35am On Dec 08, 2022
Celepope:

Words of a frustrated individual bedeviled by buhariconomy.
@OP forklift job na yeye warehouse work. Better go find something better to do before you waste your formative years abroad. For those talking about IT jobs it’s not easy as it seem. It takes a lot of dedication with a sprinkle of depression, disappointment and failure before eventual success. I am speaking from experience; and from a person that have been educated and working as a Security Engineer in the US for over 7 years. If you can give it a try OP it is worth it if not there are many other things you can do that will fetch you atleast $75000 per annum without formal education but just training.

Can you be kind to mention those other things. I am open to learning.

Thanks
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Financialman: 1:52am On Dec 08, 2022
Celepope:

Words of a frustrated individual bedeviled by buhariconomy.
@OP forklift job na yeye warehouse work. Better go find something better to do before you waste your formative years abroad. For those talking about IT jobs it’s not easy as it seem. It takes a lot of dedication with a sprinkle of depression, disappointment and failure before eventual success. I am speaking from experience; and from a person that have been educated and working as a Security Engineer in the US for over 7 years. If you can give it a try OP it is worth it if not there are many other things you can do that will fetch you atleast $75000 per annum without formal education but just training.
Things like what, what about civil engineer
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Tum1990: 2:08am On Dec 08, 2022
[quote author=QuinModah post=118963292]Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904[/quo
The phone number you put here is not on whatsap because I tried to send my CV to the number but I couldn't do that.If you can send your whatsap number,i would appreciate it sir.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by aesotech: 2:29am On Dec 08, 2022
thats interesting
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by rawe45: 2:38am On Dec 08, 2022
ednut1:
i dey Canada, dey press computer for the bank i dey work. No work to do again today. So i dey chill

baba are those bootcamps worth it? I’m thinking of enrolling in Lighthouselabs but make I ask before I enter gbese
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by admixture: 2:56am On Dec 08, 2022
BigYash:
The way he and those nairaland scammers say it en,one will think its very easily to learn or say na surgery them wan use put am inside person brain. To learn and master IT skills no be beans o
You have said it all, l know a lot of guys that rushed into IT world just because of the money without checking their potential to succeed in the profession. Two guys that I know was sacked two months into their jobs because they could not solve a problem. IT career no be beans ooo. Your foundation must be strong for you to succeed. Guys know your potential and excel in any profession you choose.

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Shakitibob0: 3:02am On Dec 08, 2022
Bacteriologist:
Is music a good skill to japa with?

What are the chances of someone that can play musical instruments like piano, guitar etc in the West?
If you are really an expert in playing those instruments, abeg JAPA... Plethora of opportunities await you anywhere you go....

I have met lots of instrumentalist killing it in all of the countries that i have visited out of Africa
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by ekerintee: 3:03am On Dec 08, 2022
The competition in I.T is getting much,people all over the world see it as short cut to get jobs or money, small companies exploit beginners and pay well too low, some companies prefer computer science graduate to someone who is self taught or bootcamp,not everyone has the brain for I.T .the field is really broad.The younger you are the easier to get into it.

Cutehector:
i'll still say this, that you learn IT skill dont mean you will blow! For fücks sake we have IT guys who are still looking for jobs!!!! Even if they see 150k own to start learning from to get experience.

It is all about grace. There can be a thousand IT applicants for a 30,000 dollars salary job, at the end of the day, it is only one person who will get the job, the rest will still go back to job hunting.

Jeez!

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Shakitibob0: 3:09am On Dec 08, 2022
ednut1:
Are you working in the I.T department?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by InvertedHammer: 3:41am On Dec 08, 2022
/

Some people are just funny. Some think that there is a particular qualification that can give a guaranteed job. You still need to go through the process of adaption before whipping that degree you so much cherish to get a job. So someone with a degree in aircraft engineering will just approach an airline and they will create an opening for him even when they are not looking?

Dedicate the first three years abroad to getting your feet wet before landing a dream job. Newcomers tend to blow their progress out of proportion. That brother sending money back home as a professional in his field may be a security guard doing night shift somewhere while searching for a better job.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by omowunmi10: 3:47am On Dec 08, 2022
@Otipoju, please shed more light on this.. what course and which school gives certificate in IT for 2 years. I am really interested in this bkos I found myself in UK as a dependant to my wife.. all the work I am seeing here is something I can't do( they are physically challenging work and I have issue with my left leg back home). I am finding it difficult to get job (exactly 2 months in UK today.
prophetfire:
IT professional? I don't know why I'm not interested in staying long times with the computers. Once I stay a short time and get what I want, I just leave and go. My laptop is idling away. I don't like opening it. I just use my phone to get most things done. So sit and be looking at the screen for long bores me.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Canada2021: 3:58am On Dec 08, 2022
otipoju:

That is also a very good one. An Auto mechanic is a knowledge worker but still requires some hard work and grime. I know of a very good Nigerian electrician who retrained and got licensed in US..earns roughly 80 thousand dollars a year. Even a Plumber or HVAC technician will earn decent.

But with IT jobs we are talking of working from the confines of your bedroom and making really good money.

Not all of IT is writing codes.

I work in heavy IT environment and can't write a single line of code nor even have any IT certifications. But i am a highly skilled people leader and I just provide leadership and guidance from my closet.

Hello bro, please can i send you a pm. I recently relocated to the US and will need your guidance on this IT stuff
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by omowunmi10: 3:58am On Dec 08, 2022
This link doesn't take me to the said telegram group as I was trying to join... Please send the link to the telegram
theamazonguru:

There are a lot, it depends on your interest and ability to learn and implement what you have learnt.

I will list quite a number of them.
Please google search on each for more details:

1. IT support
2. DevOps
3. Front end/back end/full stack programer
4. Web design / web development
5. UI/UX
6. Data Analysis using Python or R
7. Project management using SCRUM or AGILE
8. Automation
9. Graphics Design
10. Data Science
11.Machine Language
12. Software Engineering/ Architecture
14. Cyber Security
15. Big Data
16. Data Analysis using EXCEL
17. Software testing
18. Many many more.

Note:
Not all IT SKILLS require coding, just do a soup search and be sure to settle for one you think you have capacity to cope with.

If you are interested,join this group on telegram,go to files,video, go through all the materials that have been posted , pick an area of interest,the begin to study.
But make sure you are consistent.

https:///LaptopLaivstyle

Best of luck.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Labby0: 4:46am On Dec 08, 2022
komzy589:

How much do you buy fiverr funds? Upto $500?

765/$
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Igiaruwe04: 4:52am On Dec 08, 2022
goldfish27:
Come back to Nigeria as quickly as possible and learn one of the above mentioned skill

Aren't you people tired of this old stale comment? Whenever you guys say this you sound boring. It's understandable most of you are poor and will never be able to afford to relocate, but allow people rant in peace. We get it, the probability of you amounting to anything in Nigeria is zero, but stfu and fix your life

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by EngrKemp: 4:56am On Dec 08, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]
Op what can u say about someone with

Welding skills certified..
Electrical skills certified
AutoCAD skill certified
Fitting skills
Facility management skills

Someone with these skills,what do u think will be possible for him there?

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by mradjoy(m): 6:26am On Dec 08, 2022
Incase you are planning to travel/japa
I sell cheaper flight tickets to anywhere in the world, my DM is open or do it urself here: https://go.adjoytravels.com/NRLD
Help my hustle abeg. Kindly help share with family and friends thank you
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by theamazonguru(m): 6:51am On Dec 08, 2022
omowunmi10:
This link doesn't take me to the said telegram group as I was trying to join... Please send the link to the telegram
Nairaland ish. They removed part of the link.

Anyways just go to telegram and search for this :
LaptopLaivstyle

The name of the group is " Zero to $5k in a month"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by airsaylongcome: 7:33am On Dec 08, 2022
Softmirror:

IT DEPENDS ON YOUR PACKAGING. THE BOLDED IS NOT ALWAYS TRUE, INFACT IN MOST CASES IT TURNS OUT TO BE A VERY FIXATIVE KIND OF EARNINGS. YES! WHITE COLLAR JOBS UNLIKE THE BROWN COLLAR JOBS. LET ME WIDEN YOUR PERSPECTIVE. GUCCI, PRADA, VALENTINO ARE FASHION DESIGNERS, THE MAKE MILLIONS BUT FROM A NARROW PERSPECTIVE INDIVIDUAL WITH A NIGERIAN MENTALITY, HE OR SHE LOOKS DOWN ON TAILORING. SAME WITH CARPENTRY, THERE ARE NOTHING LESS THAN FIVE BRANCHES IN CARPENTRY, WHICH AS AN ART FETCHES YOU VERY GOOD MONEY IN EUROPE. I KNOW AMERICAN ARCHITECTS WHO ARE NOW INTO CARPENTRY AND ARE MAKING GOOD MONEY.

Many of you take criticisms poorly. Using your perspective, because Prada and other very high end designers charge a lot means tailors earn a lot? That same Prada pays its tailors pittance if at all. That’s the tailor that does the actual sewing. But the designers who do the intellectual work of coming up with the styl, the colors and fabrics to use, those get paid massively more. Without cutting one piece of fabric or threading a needle. I’m any line of business, intellectual work out earns brawn. The architect you talk about, is he going to be cutting wood with saw and nailing them together? Naaaah. He’s going to focus on designing bespoke pieces that can be put together with wood. Intellectual work always earns more than brawn. Mostly. This is not in anyway downplaying carpentry or any of the trades. Personally I love plumbing and electrician work. But for both jobs, I’m interested in them because most of those who do them in Nigeria do a shoddy job. Use cheap materials and do not follow any sort of global standards. So my criticism isn’t I’m anyway downplaying the trades. I’m just stating a fact. An Electrical engineer will earn more than an equivalent electrician in most cases. Of course an electrician with 20 years experience will earn more than an entry level Electrical Engineer which is why I say compare like for like

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Revolva(m): 7:41am On Dec 08, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]
Canada and western countries are land of opportunities , they don't care much about your degree. They mostly care about what you know and what you can do
i keep telling people

3 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by anayolity: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2022
faithfull18:
Becoming an IT professional takes a lot of grit, determination, hardwork, smart work, brainpower etc. lol, it's not for the lazy, unfocused, weak.

Above all, everybody can't be an IT person.

The truth is that it's always good to know what you're good and improve on it so you don't waste time.

There are very very brilliant people and CEOs of big companies who are not tech savvy but have found their niche and doing great things.

Even the tech sef , everybody in Nigeria wants to be a web developer and data analyst etc. forgetting that the IT field is super broad and there loads of untapped areas that can fetch you millions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.