Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

I Regret Coming To Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Regret Coming To Canada (79534 Views)

I Regret Coming To Europe- Nigerian Woman Says, After Family Ate Her N30m (vid) / I Regret Deceiving My Father To Raise ₦800,000 For Libyan Trip — Returnee / Warning To Women Coming To Turkey For Prostitution(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Laughingkk: 7:17pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest two good years make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America. When you can start earning at least 75'000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

Do not limit yourself.
You don dey make the money wey you mention now?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Love800(m): 7:18pm On Dec 07, 2022
Pls wat abt cooking skills. Is it needed there?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Celepope: 7:19pm On Dec 07, 2022
Regex:
Make people hear word for una sef.

Na una be the only people weh don travel before? Small thing Canada this, UK that.... America this....
Nna eh, it's too much.
Words of a frustrated individual bedeviled by buhariconomy.
@OP forklift job na yeye warehouse work. Better go find something better to do before you waste your formative years abroad. For those talking about IT jobs it’s not easy as it seem. It takes a lot of dedication with a sprinkle of depression, disappointment and failure before eventual success. I am speaking from experience; and from a person that have been educated and working as a Security Engineer in the US for over 7 years. If you can give it a try OP it is worth it if not there are many other things you can do that will fetch you atleast $75000 per annum without formal education but just training.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Jefferyhi86(m): 7:20pm On Dec 07, 2022
Me wen don de learn plumbing already before I japa
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Softmirror: 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
airsaylongcome:

And spend more to pay their bills. Compare like for like. A carpenter in the abroad is still a low paying job compared to almost office jobs abroad

ARE YOU TALKING FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE LIVING IN EUROPE OR AMERICA OR WHERE EXACTLY?!
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by noisy45(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
QuinModah:
Please I need 7 Market Representatives at Vertex Agro limited for our branches in Lagos, PH, and some northern states. Please send CV to +2349154528904

How much is the salary

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Softmirror: 7:26pm On Dec 07, 2022
Celepope:

Words of a frustrated individual bedeviled by buhariconomy.
@OP forklift job na yeye warehouse work. Better go find something better to do before you waste your formative years abroad. For those talking about IT jobs it’s not easy as it seem. It takes a lot of dedication with a sprinkle of depression, disappointment and failure before eventual success. I am speaking from experience; and from a person that have been educated and working as a Security Engineer in the US for over 7 years. If you can give it a try OP it is worth it if not there are many other things you can do that will fetch you atleast $75000 per annum without formal education but just training.

THE UNITED STATES IS UNLIKE CANADA. VERY MUCH UNLIKE. THE OP IS VERY CORRECT WITH REGARDS TO CANADA. AM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by FireUpNow(m): 7:27pm On Dec 07, 2022
OP forget oo. Do any work like those any work people do in the universities those days and plan to walk up the ladder. I believe you can learn those skills you mentioned above in Canada and live your life. Don't egret OP unless you never hard any plan before you travelled
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by akinsdeji(m): 7:29pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

If you like yourself you better invest two good years make you go school and get at least an associate degree in Information Technology with good IT certifications.

Why you go leave Nigeria come dey drive forklift for North America. When you can start earning at least 75'000 dollars per annum working from the comfort of your bedroom as an IT proffessional.

My oga, not everyone enjoys working from home or office work, as a trade person, you can earn up to 75k USD annually or more, there is also career progression, from apprentices to professional to foreman to supervisor( up to 200k usd), and also you can start ur own side business by working on ur own projects.
You can be a truck driver, progressing to being a owner driver operator, have ur own company fleets of trucks. If you are lucky to get into the Union, you will be making cool cash at prevailing wages, and union benefits.

my advice, just do whatever you are comfortable with, and that’s gives you happiness.
Iree oo

Do not limit yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Nobody: 7:35pm On Dec 07, 2022
These skills are available in Nigeria, but many of you graduates despise them, even look down on people who do them.

Now you spent millions of naira to acquire foreign degrees only to be a carpenter apprentice in Canada?

Another lady who worked at the CBN now works in some barn in Europe too.

My honest opinion, you guys are idiots.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Didi2d(m): 7:39pm On Dec 07, 2022
Leoleo1:
Drop your number if you care.

Am also a professional forklift operator, I need help to work abroad
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by int0x80(m): 7:40pm On Dec 07, 2022
BigYash:
The way he and those nairaland scammers say it en,one will think its very easily to learn or say na surgery them wan use put am inside person brain. To learn and master IT skills no be beans o
Dude, it's not that hard. If other people are doing it, why can't he do it. It only takes some level of self discipline and dedication.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by jaxxy(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2022
Oh well, u should always have a plan b4 relocating anywhere. What was ur initial plan?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by oluplus(m): 7:46pm On Dec 07, 2022
Bluntguy:

This your heading is misleading o because me, I regret reading this post. I am unreading it now.

What has been read cannot be unread
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by cuteboy2: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
So driving forklift for the rest of one's life easier than learning an IT skill?
Anyone whatever rocks your boat, just kwantinue with it.

BigYash:
The way he and those nairaland scammers say it en,one will think its very easily to learn or say na surgery them wan use put am inside person brain. To learn and master IT skills no be beans o
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by int0x80(m): 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

Do not limit yourself.
This sums up everything! up-skilling and re-skilling are the two secret keys to success here in this day and ago. Working hard jobs doesn't get you anywhere far now. Work smart! At the comfort of your home in pijamas grin grin

4 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by teepain: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2022
Cutehector:
otipoju, its not everyone that can grab IT easily. Some, it can take years before they even understand Jack. My advise is, learn what you love to do and can understand easily so you can be a pro.

Almost anyone who can operate a phone can learn some IT and make money from there. IT is one of the shortest routes to making it out there. Again with IT, it is possible to do remote jobs unlike some other work that might require the worker's physical presence. People need to understand that some areas of ICT are easier to understand than others. For example, there are data analysts who aren't programmers but they make their own bucks too using tools like PowerBI and excel; although their growth may be limited. And there are UI/UX designers who make some tidy sums.

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by BigYash: 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2022
cuteboy2:
So driving forklift for the rest of one's life easier than learning an IT skill?
Anyone whatever rocks your boat, just kwantinue with it.

I didn't say that oga.. But telling someone that its easy to learn IT skill is not true.. Even d common graphics still dey take time,not to talk of programming and the rest..

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by teepain: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
int0x80:
Dude, it's not that hard. If other people are doing it, why can't he do it. It only takes some level of self discipline and dedication.

It just requires discipline. Nothing is impossible.
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Mayeldah(m): 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

Forklift takes less than 30 minutes to learn and you get a forklift driver license. Its all about up down and right and left levers .

All he will be doing is lifting products within a warehouse.

I agree with you sir and I also share in your line of thought

My arguement is that he should develope himself along the engineering line and not jump out to IT where he may not do well
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Scamburster(m): 7:59pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

Do not limit yourself.
teach me?
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by viodemus: 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2022
Then adjust now if you can, no time for past tense.

japa-ree sometimes be expecting bed of Rose's just like the japa-wish back home.

To be honest, abroad is not a bed of Rose's even for the citizens in those places. Just you wake up in Nigeria tomorrow, with good roads when you look outside, bridges everywhere, closed gutters, 24/7 light, respectable ekelebe, etc, that don't void the fact that you will still have empty pocket or lack of skills.

Healthcare, unemployment, and retirement, still require paperwork for legal residents. if you miss one day at work, it can affect your bills because even sick days have limits. And your bill payments can only adjust with limits, and that is sometimes.

Knowing all of this, find something you want to do and study hard for it, especially if you have family support ( accommodations, food, and legal paperwork).

I need to find time to write some little epistles of surviving abroad. It seems to be hard for many people. I thank God,, for the hard lessons and the successful results that I have experienced.

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by LastProphet: 8:14pm On Dec 07, 2022
otipoju:

Do not limit yourself.

That's less than my auto Mechanic earns in a year, listen very well to what he said
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by thedio(m): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote]
This could be an eye opener for me cos I can operate one sophisticated equipment and show no interest in other equipments
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by Chigorkizz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 07, 2022
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by kaymandak(m): 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2022
[quote author=Oyindamolah post=118962635][/quote] Please like how much do I need to relocate to Canada from Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2022
Laughingkk:

You don dey make the money wey you mention now?

Use your phone to do small research and stop limiting yourself.

Life is not meant to be hard if you turn yourself to a knowledge worker.

No be everybody wey dey US dey wash plate for a living. Young Nigerians are doing extremely well working legit jobs.

A travel nurse earns 100$ per hour current rate and works 50-60 hours a week on average.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by cokeryusuf09(m): 8:24pm On Dec 07, 2022
Desusi:

Interesting, seriously, they are.You can only get such opportunity to work with their airlines if you're a citizen, or a foreigner with working permit. They have task force moving from one company to the other checking illegal workers, those without papers. Construction works, security, restaurant, super markets and farms work can be manoeuvre. You can easily work and be kept secrecy while working in these mentioned areas. Should you go to airport, its as if you're reporting yourself. There's no place like home,my brother.If you're caught employing foreigners as a company owner,you will pay through your nose.
What about those repair electronics
Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by airsaylongcome: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2022
Softmirror:

ARE YOU TALKING FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE LIVING IN EUROPE OR AMERICA OR WHERE EXACTLY?!

A carpenter abroad does not earn as much as an equivalent skilled analyst or tech worker abroad. I have lived in Europe in the past to know this. Intellectual work always pays more than brawn work

1 Like

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by GistFullGround: 8:31pm On Dec 07, 2022
Nigerians, make una go learn skills o. "I am a graduate" without skills is NOTHING! Ladies, you can also learn skills like Mechanic, Hair Braiding, etc Life doesn't wait for anyone o. I see women doing construction work here.

We have been deceived for so long, thinking we must be Doctors, Lawyer etc

I have a friend here who is/was a Lawyer in Naija, na where dem dey do Ice Cream the guy dey work for here & walaitalai, he is really doing well. I also know someone who was a Journalist in Naija, he is a farm worker here & he is happy.

Make una try do any handwork, you will smile in future!

Re: I Regret Coming To Canada by otipoju(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2022
LastProphet:

That's less than my auto Mechanic earns in a year, listen very well to what he said

That is also a very good one. An Auto mechanic is a knowledge worker but still requires some hard work and grime. I know of a very good Nigerian electrician who retrained and got licensed in US..earns roughly 80 thousand dollars a year. Even a Plumber or HVAC technician will earn decent.

But with IT jobs we are talking of working from the confines of your bedroom and making really good money.

Not all of IT is writing codes.

I work in heavy IT environment and can't write a single line of code nor even have any IT certifications. But i am a highly skilled people leader and I just provide leadership and guidance from my closet.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant / How To Have A Nice Vacation In Ghana? / Share Yours.new Picture Of Lagos Only.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.