Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

I Have Arrested My Wife - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Have Arrested My Wife (57089 Views)

My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Klass99(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
smiley
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Saintmary(f): 2:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Richy4:

Honestly, what he did was bad... Extremely bad.. But he is 14, ...

Depending on the country, There's no judge in most advanced countries that will keep him in jail... When the case is brought before a judge, considering his age, the judge will grant for It to be treated informally by the child agency... through counseling...

There are agencies that handles such cases... U can also google it...I stand to be corrected though...

It's not that we were downplaying what happened.. No..it was horrifying but the law that recognised him as a minor is supreme and above whatever we think that should happen to him..

As for the wife, In as much as what she did was wrong, I don't see the reason why she should be in jail... She is also shaking and confused besides, Are you gonna say that you have never kept a secret away from your spouse before in your entire life instead confided to a friend?.. it's always really easy to throw stones you know?

Laye Laye, never never.

My children are more important than ANYONE on this planet.

More than my parents, husband, siblings, cousins, friends, pastor- ANYONE.

Only God is more important than my kids, not even my marriage!

I always make it known anywhere, you can insult me all you want, or even hurt me, I'll forgive you.

But, try my kids, and I will make you a scape goat.

When I'm done, then I and the Judge will have a discussion.

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Saintmary(f): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2022
Persephone1:
This is the deepest shiit i've read on Nl. cry cry A two year old? cry cry cry

Dear op, you did well by arresting that woman you called a wife. It crazy how women are selective when it comes to accountability. So because the rapist is her brother, she covered it up and foolishly confided in one idiotic prophetess with a loud mouth. She chose her brother over her daughter ! Chose her prophetess over you! Who does that? I hope other women will learn from this.

Please arrest the 14 year old too angry angry even the mother join. Talo ni family radarada angry

I'm so pissed right now! angry angry angry

As in eh.

Who get mad family.

The woman is so stupid.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Saintmary(f): 2:12pm On Dec 08, 2022
co787:

Yes I am so angry now I wish i had the power to take the law with my own hands I would have gone to nnewi to cut that useless boy penis then shot him and put the useless penis inside his mouth but i am trying to be calm because I want the law to do its work like I said earlier i will not save the marriage it is already over all I want is justice for my baby girl

Very good, I'm on your side.

Get the boy, and the grandma arrested, then let them taste the full wrath of the law.

You will overcome this, you can still remarry.

Don't let anyone quote Bible for you, something they will never take.

The fact that your wife and her family kept this secret from you means they can kill you and hide your body.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by murade: 2:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
You are making mistake, it your brother in-law that deserves to be arrested if you have strong proof not your wife. Not telling the incident is act of fear your wife has for you,
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Saintmary(f): 2:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
Klass99:

I am glad you had the presence of mind to know that wasn't right, your hubby was wrong and you moved out with your girls until there was a resolution. If you don't mind my asking how old was your brother-in-law when this happened?

The bolded parts of your post are things I will never understand about most Nigerian men and Nigerian marriages. I have said it on a different thread, that a man's siblings (especially the lazy and entitled types) are the ones who do more harm than good to his financial health and overall well-being, not his wife and kids.

But some of you dey marry into wondaful families and households sha. My father is the first born child in a family of 8, what I saw growing up in his house, will not allow me marry men like him or your husband. Even if Angel Gabriel tells me that such a man is my ordained husband, I will jump and pass.

After reading your post I can't help thinking....... Singlehood is pure bliss fah. smiley

I can't blame you for choosing single life.

Because african families just want to frustrate women in their marriages without contributing anything of note.

To have some peace of mind, you just have to put your foot down and insist on what is best for your kids.

Whether you do it now or later, you will still have to face such. So, get married when you want.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Saintmary(f): 2:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
adontcare:
That's how my husband younger bro defiled my 2 yrs old daughter. My husband refused to send his brother away reason is that he is their only breadwinner and must take care of his 9 other siblings and parents. The sisters and brothers live with us. That's how I moved out from the house oo. Ah. I had two girls then. Later we reconciled and I had a male child now. All his siblings hate me because I asked my husband to send the boy away. Na curse I lay on all of them oo. Now my girl is 12 now and none of them are living with us again. Their lives is nothing to write home about. Evil people

Lots of families are like that, they don't see you as a human being that deserves dignity, they see you as potential slave.

You will be the one to teach them how to relate with you, to show some respect.

Well done for sticking up for your daughter. I hope she's doing okay.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by IamAsiri: 3:57pm On Dec 08, 2022
NezzyMike:

She was more heartbroken because she experienced or saw it first hand! The husband only heard it. If you think a man loves his child more than the wife, you are making a mistake. OP is heartless for putting his wife in a cell.

Experienced it? You mean she saw how her child was getting repeatedly raped? Parents can sometimes love their children equally because they are their children. The fact that a mother gave birth to the children does not make the men love them less.

The woman has committed a criminal act though it's a family issue.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by IamAsiri: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2022
NezzyMike:

Why should he put his wife in a cell? Is that not wickedness

Parents go to jail/prison abroad as a result of negligence.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by NezzyMike: 4:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
IamAsiri:

Experienced it? You mean she saw how her child was getting repeatedly raped? Parents can sometimes love their children equally because they are their children. The fact that a mother gave birth to the children does not make the men love them less.

The woman has committed a criminal act though it's a family issue.

She saw the aftermath while the husband only heard it. He should punish the culprit and not the wife. Op is too temperamental.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by somehow: 4:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
Richy4:

I haven't researched if people kill them or not... I only see such in movies..

But I believe many of the kids do live longer..and some of them grows to become volunteers in agencies and organisations that help raped victims.. . Because councilors have made them become better people in the society, they too inturn desires to give back.....

They don't just discharge a minor who did something like that for him to go back and become a threat to another person... That is why there are experienced juvenile court... And killing such kid might not be the best solution..

Mind mentioning just 2 names of rapists that are now volunteers running anti-rape agencies?
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by jelel6: 4:55pm On Dec 08, 2022
Klass99:

I am glad you had the presence of mind to know that wasn't right, your hubby was wrong and you moved out with your girls until there was a resolution. If you don't mind my asking how old was your brother-in-law when this happened?

The bolded parts of your post are things I will never understand about most Nigerian men and Nigerian marriages. I have said it on a different thread, that a man's siblings (especially the lazy and entitled types) are the ones who do more harm than good to his financial health and overall well-being, not his wife and kids.

But some of you dey marry into wondaful families and households sha. My father is the first born child in a family of 8, what I saw growing up in his house, will not allow me marry men like him or your husband. Even if Angel Gabriel tells me that such a man is my ordained husband, I will jump and pass.

After reading your post I can't help thinking....... Singlehood is pure bliss fah. smiley

The bolded seem like a separate statement away from your overall message to the lady you quoted, thus my reply...

Certainly, a husband's priority should be the immediate family comprising his wife and kids. And I think most Nigerian husbands expend all their might (both financially and mentally) on making sure that their families have a comfortable life.

But that doesn't mean the little extra that husband can do for others, he should withhold because he now has a wife and kids. If that'd be allowing some members of his relatives stay with him, or a little token here and there, what's so wrong with that that you can't understand about (reflective) Nigerian men? Besides, the wives are more likely to bring over their own siblings in Nigerian marriages compared to the husbands.

Some of these husbands had wonderful relationships with their siblings when they were young. It's a good thing that many men still recognise the effforts of their parents to foster a harmonious relationship between siblings - which they should cherish for as long as it's reasonable.

If you prefer not to be with firstborns because they may shoulder extra responsibilities, that's understandable. Especially for someone who prefers the single life. But don't make it look like people who prefer to keep in touch with their roots are not being selfish enough. It's not that Klassy to me.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by IamAsiri: 4:59pm On Dec 08, 2022
NezzyMike:

She saw the aftermath while the husband only heard it. He should punish the culprit and not the wife. Op is too temperamental.

The woman kept quiet because she was trying to protect her "brother". She was very selfish.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by SURElee(f): 5:29pm On Dec 08, 2022
tonididdy:

I still don't understand what the services of a prophetess was for.

To rewind time or wipe a 2yr old memory?

I also don't as well.
But it goes to show you how gullible some women are, they will carry family issues to outsiders who never intimates them about their own private issues.

Then some gullible wives, go to patronize prophets and prayer houses looking for what isn't lost and that is how they open up their homes to outsiders thinking they are seeking help.

Why trust an outsider over your spouse?

Maturity is weak.

You have to be firm and stop her from patronizing those fleecing prophets and prophetess. No mumu worship waka about except it is the family worship center.

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by GoldenJAT(m): 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
mightykay:
When anger and arrogance meet together inside an immatured man that has small change, this is the resultant effect. The OP should be below 30s or very early 30s, an autocratic, self centered and very pompous but reasonably financially stable husband. Except for money, no woman should pray for such a man as husband.

What happened was terrible and horrible and nobody wishes it for his enemies but when something terrible like this happens that's when ur real characters will come out. WHY DID U ARREST UR WIFE? WHY? I MEAN WHY? Oh! because she didn't tell u right? That was the only offense she committed, this also shows u re insensitive to the emotional trauma ur wife has bn tru, honestly u er not fit to be a husband with this act of urs.

Ve u asked urself why u er not told? Then I will tell u now
1. Because u er not a friend to ur wife, u er egocentric, ego freaky and control freak man cos if u er intimate with ur wife she will not hold such sensitive issue for long before telling u.

Ur wife is quite wrong for not telling u but don't use sledgehammer to kill mosquito, the arrest was unwarranted.

LET ME TELL U THIS: (1)in the next 5 years, u will regret arresting and divoicing ur wife.
(2) in the next 15 years ur daughter u er seeking justice for will be disappointed in u and regret u as her father cos of ur today's action for denying her to enjoy the motherly love and care and u let her face traumatic situation in the hand of strange woman that will be worse

In summary of this epistle is that ur wife doesn't offend u, but u er the one that is too harsh to be told everything that happens around u cos she fears u which is not gud in marriage. Though u er not the only one having this extreme control freak characters.

U can do anything to that animal that did this horrible thing but arresting and divoicing ur wife don't make sense at all.

THE ONLY ADVICE I VE FOR U: Try to work on urself to be a better husband and a friend to ur next wife. Thanks
I'm expecting ur blacklash
I read all the comments from the first to the last. And I must say YOU ARE VERY STUPID!! NA COCONUT OIL de ur head!! For ur mind now!! You de advice person??!!

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by spartachico(m): 5:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
MAY GOD HAVE MERCY UPON US

BRATISLAVA:

@bolded could be the case here

Coupled with silly traditions concerning child abuse

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by sisisioge: 5:56pm On Dec 08, 2022
This is the one story too sad for me to have an opinion. When stupi.id people commit crimes, they are usually oblivion of the ripple effects of their hideous crimes! This werey boy ruined lives fa....plenty lives because of his 2 mins pleasure. He should be held very very accountable! People who turned out to be kidnappers, killers, armed robbers, corrupt politicians have been committing crimes in installments since their childhood. This particular one should be taken out of circulation before he becomes a bigger criminal! Lord have mercy!

3 Likes

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by achimendy(m): 6:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
co787:
My wife and daughter traveled to her village in August for 3weeks and they were supposed to be back before the school resumption but she changed her mind saying her mother was seriously ill that she has to extend her stay which was fine by me and when they returned back I noticed that she has lost so much weight which I asked her why she said it was due to the stress of caring for her sick mother which is normal.

She is her only daughter and oldest of 4 her younger ones are boys so they cannot take care of their mother better than her. Here is the reason I got her arrested, during her stay in the village, her 14 years old brother raped my daughter. This is one of the reason she overstayed in the village. She didn't tell me anything about my daughter being raped she and her mother had decided to give her treatment and cover the idiot that repeatedly raped her and when she came bck she didn't say anything to me but she confided in her prophetess which in her turn has started spreading news until it came to my ears that my own daughter was raped and her own mother has kept quiet and I can imagine if it was a member of my family that did the abominable acts the whole world would have heard it and she would have done everything in her power to put in prison.

But because it is her own brother, she has decided to keep quiet and not knowing the world is small and not secret is hidden forever. I took my daughter to the hospital the result has confirmed she was tampered i was devasted she has been the best wife to me and she has helped me and my sisters to reconciled in the past but what she has done to me it is unforgivable and I have arrested her and when I bail her I will divorce her and take custody of my daughter.

I don't know if I need advice or not but your input and suggestion are welcome I will be reading all your comments.

I really feel your pain bro, but your wife and her entire family messed up big time. Your wife takes the major blame for allowing her brother repeatedly raping her daughter, she's really stupid for allowing that.

But my advice to you is take custody of your children, release your wife from that detention, get the brother arrested, if the family pleads with you to forgive the brother then your wife should leave your house and never to come back, but if they want the marriage to continue then the boy must be arrested. Make sure you give them those options .

Chai your wife really bleeped up big time.

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Klass99(f): 6:18pm On Dec 08, 2022
smiley
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by tonididdy(m): 6:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
Some kind comments here are annoyingly unbelievable and a clear testament that thiefnibu will get some votes in 2023 from nairaland
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by adontcare(f): 8:38pm On Dec 08, 2022
Klass99:

Omo I saw shege in this 13 yrs marriage into that family. Right now na all man for himself o. Don't have their contacts and they don't have mine too. Na block I block all of them sef.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by adontcare(f): 8:40pm On Dec 08, 2022
Saintmary:

Lots of families are like that, they don't see you as a human being that deserves dignity, they see you as potential slave.

You will be the one to teach them how to relate with you, to show some respect.

Well done for sticking up for your daughter. I hope she's doing okay.
yea. She is fine. I always guide and pray for them.. evil people dey ooo
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by stacyadams: 8:45pm On Dec 08, 2022
Saintmary:

Laye Laye, never never.

My children are more important than ANYONE on this planet.

More than my parents, husband, siblings, cousins, friends, pastor- ANYONE.

Only God is more important than my kids, not even my marriage!

I always make it known anywhere, you can insult me all you want, or even hurt me, I'll forgive you.

But, try my kids, and I will make you a scape goat.

When I'm done, then I and the Judge will have a discussion.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mabea: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2022
ibechris:
If u divorce ur wife and marry another woman wetin u gain?

Your woman was wrong in all indices and that shows how bad she felt by her weight loss and for not confiding in u.

I bet u,there is no woman/man that wouldn't hide this kind of thing to his or her family members because of how abominable it sounds.

However,u can't use ur hand to shatter your home...she,ur wife has been battered emotionally and I think,she needs to be covered and not shamed to this level.

Note,u have arrested the wrong person.

What happened to the main culprit?
This is a very complicated matter that needs to be treated with extreme care and caution,if not,u may not escape the stigma that comes with it.

Good luck to u.

Well said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mabea: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
Hannania:
Your move should be around the future and image of your daughter. Your wive don't seem to trust you enough to reveal such to you as the first point of contact. If I can't have a wife who is my confidant, then I can't live under the same roof with her.

That boy needs to be prosecuted, even though he's not 18 yet, there are cases for him. For the future of your daughter, please disassociate her now or in future with that family. Else, she will live in shame and low esteem for the rest of her life.

If I were in your shoes too, I will outrightly divorce her. She obviously chose her brother over her marriage to even have the guts to tell a prophetess but not you.

Save the future of your child man lipsrsealed
And you want to do that by divorcing the mum?
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mabea: 10:35pm On Dec 08, 2022
HornyTave:

congratulations,you've won the Award for the most stupid idiot on the internet today
2 awards would be presented to you, one for being stupid the other for being an idiot.
Not necessary
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mabea: 10:43pm On Dec 08, 2022
DearGorgeous:
I reject having such a stinking mess as a brother! Heaven knows I'm the one that will personally lock you up in Police cell, even before notifying my husband.

There's no way that contaminated blood will be thicker than water in this instance. A two year old baby for crying out loud?

God forbids evil!

What if that brother of yours needed help too? What if he was abused when he was much younger? I'm not condoning his actions but I think the boy needs saving. He's in bondage already and should be rescued from total destruction.

1 Like

Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mabea: 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2022
co787:
Thanks all for the advice the reason I will bail her next week is because we will be going to the village together I will arrest the rapist if I bail her now her brother will escape for him not to escape my wife must be in jail until we go to the village
Your once very good wife. Chai this life.eh. Too bad to have a bad sibling. Her foolishness has cost her marriage.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by DearGorgeous(f): 11:09pm On Dec 08, 2022
mabea:
What if that brother of yours needed help too? What if he was abused when he was much younger? I'm not condoning his actions but I think the boy needs saving. He's in bondage already and should be rescued from total destruction.

That matter will be settled later, but abusing a two year old baby? It's a big NO for me! Life is already 'hard' on a girl child as it stands. And having someone abuse her in any way is what my heart and motherly instinct will not be able to condone. Never!

Moreover, which better place to correct him than inside the prison if found culpable.

I pray never to have such brother or relative, anyway.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by mcdokwe(m): 11:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
what she did was wrong, but I think it was totally wrong for you to go that extreme, particularly in her. (different case if you had arrested her brother).

Be that as it may, you need to calm down, bail her and bring her back into your home, divorce shouldn't be on he table.

the fact that she lost as much weight as stated is a proof positive that she was also deeply drained by the incidence.

Peace
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Zedoo(m): 12:29am On Dec 09, 2022
STARGREEN:
So deep, yet trust me she's equally feeling bad as much as you are that her own brother that should have protected her daughter is now the evil she's scared of.

It's not a sufficient reason to divorce her, but it's a sufficient reason to ask for space until you heal.

Trust me, you gonna overcome this issue with time. Get back to your feet bro.

Lmao Lmao lmao lmao.
Re: I Have Arrested My Wife by Zedoo(m): 12:30am On Dec 09, 2022
mabea:

Rubbish talk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Mention The Year You Will Like To Get Married And At What Age / UK: Mum Dies Suddenly While Cuddling Her Baby Girl, Leaving Doctors Baffled(Pix) / Moment Terrified Mum Saw Her Jobless 17yr Old Son's N50m Mercedes Benz -pics/vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.