Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself (46368 Views)

Italy Fail To Qualify For World Cup In Qatar / Nigeria's Opponent, Iceland, Opt Out Of FIFA World Cup In Russia / Pictures Of Stadia To Be Used In FIFA 2018 World Cup In Russia & Matches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by TheOmoney(m): 9:17am On Dec 08, 2022
Don't know about you but any day....I prefer watching football on my large TV screen under A/C....where I can go and pee when I want.

No stress
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by patrickmuf(m): 9:21am On Dec 08, 2022
Caio:
Really, and why?
The guy was very very popular here back in 2012,2013.
When he was writing is story.
Even before then,he was one of the first writer's here on nairaland.
Surprised the way people are claiming he his lying about being in Qatar.
The guy already made name for himself very young.
Caio
Because no one seem to know him or have come across his old post.

Indeed, you really have read his story.

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 08, 2022
sekundosekundo:

Both you and ZUBY77 are liers. Lets meet on Sunday if you're truly in Qatar.
U first addressed them as Liars and still want to meet with these LIARS.
Are you being fair?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by sekundosekundo: 9:31am On Dec 08, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Are you being fair?

We read to comprehend.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by emmaodet: 9:42am On Dec 08, 2022
meobizy:
Find friends, open an account where all of you deposit an agreed amount occasionally. Ten thousand Naira each from six people every quarter will pile into something you people can travel with after four years. If e no reach to enter developed nation, una fit flex Ghana for one week come back. My problem with such a plan is greed; one idiot will want to scam everybody.

You don’t even need friends bro.
Download PiggyVest and go to their savings section.
You will see many people saving for different things - Xmas, vacation, school fees etc. join the group.
It has rules like not able to withdraw until maturity date, you click how much you want to be paying daily, weekly or monthly and either automatic deduction from your account or manually etc.
so you can plan for the vacation.
Went to Benin rep. Last month with my family and each paid 110k for a 4/5 days trip at benin. Very interesting and this is because we still used a tour/vacation company/agent.
If we are to go on our own, we won’t spend up to half of it.
What I noticed is that Nigerians don’t value vacations. They will tell you the salary is low but I tell you a person earning 100k and saving 10k per month for tours and vacation will have 120k for flexing a year.
With that he will go to Omu resort with your agents for 20k, La campaign Tropicana 20k, Olumide rock, ikongosi etc or benin rep for about 60k

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by doshiyad1: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2022
meobizy:
Find friends, open an account where all of you deposit an agreed amount occasionally. Ten thousand Naira each from six people every quarter will pile into something you people can travel with after four years. If e no reach to enter developed nation, una fit flex Ghana for one week come back. My problem with such a plan is greed; one idiot will want to scam everybody.

Good idea. But you see human being ehnn! MAKE I JUST STOP FOR HERE
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by doshiyad1: 9:46am On Dec 08, 2022
emmaodet:

You don’t even need friends bro.
Download PiggyVest and go to their savings section.
You will see many people saving for different things - Xmas, vacation, school fees etc. join the group.
It has rules like not able to withdraw until maturity date, you click how much you want to be paying daily, weekly or monthly and either automatic deduction from your account or manually etc.
so you can plan for the vacation.
Went to Benin rep. Last month with my family and each paid 110k for a 4/5 days trip at benin. Very interesting and this is because we still used a tour/vacation company/agent.
If we are to go on our own, we won’t spend up to half of it.
What I noticed is that Nigerians don’t value vacations. They will tell you the salary is low but I tell you a person earning 100k and saving 10k per month for tours and vacation will have 120k for flexing a year.
With that he will go to Omu resort with your agents for 20k, La campaign Tropicana 20k, Olumide rock, ikongosi etc or benin rep for about 60k

Good idea, I will try this out next year. Thanks for sharing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by ebenmosi360(m): 9:47am On Dec 08, 2022
Na me be that.

3 Likes

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by afrodoc2: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2022
ZUBY77:
Ongoing Breakfast at the 18th floor of the MSC WORLD EUROPA.
Free breakfast but then it must be part of the money we pay for lodging here

That is Il Mercato. The 19th floor has La Brasserie.

I was on the ship for 2 weeks. Just left yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by udomonday: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2022
Ihatebuhariwith:
boss have mercy.. I can't sleep cus I don't know how I will get to work this morning and nothing to eat aswell.. May God use u for me.. any help abeg..
must you use every opportunity to beg?
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2022
meobizy:
They have a functioning tourism sector.

true....so wot are u wearing? smiley
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by udomonday: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2022
somehow:

The people that use the market are the ones that keep it clean, not their leaders.

If you doubt me, check the Japanese and how they treat their surroundings individually.
the leaders make the place clean and spotless and the people just carry on the trend because it's inherent in them,but in Nigeria the leaders don't give a damn and the people don't give a Bleep either.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Harmattan123(m): 11:00am On Dec 08, 2022
I hope say u no be yahoo or ur hustle no pure, trying to intimidate pure hustlers......... Remember John Lyon........
Enjoy your stay
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by udomonday: 11:02am On Dec 08, 2022
mrkings84:
From the few pictures posted above, I can say that Dubai is an overhyped bushy state, my village is almost as develop as it
which part of your head did you use to hit the ground when you fell? because some screws need to be confirmed intact.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Nirvana101: 11:03am On Dec 08, 2022
sukkot:
is it your leaders that would come and clean your environment for you ? its those guys selling the fish in doha who keep their environments clean. time for you nigerian citizens to start understanding that nigeria is bad because of you and not the government

As a traveller, I'll tell you that Nigeria is certainly not bad because of the citizens. You're not being sincere if you feel the government shouldn't be held accountable first. Like first and first!!!!

In football, if a team loses, the coach (govt) is held accountable first, in some extreme cases, he's sacked. The players (citizens) will only follow the foot print of the coach (govt).

Don't be deceived with nonsense like; don't make excuses, the government can't help everybody bla bla bla. Forget it. Nigerians are extremely hard working people. Enable the environment with constant power, roads, and other pro development policies and see this country grow.

I'm where I am today because I don't make or give excuses but you see Nigerian government? bunch of comedians...

@Zubby, nice one brother, I love what I'm seeing, God bless!

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by udomonday: 11:11am On Dec 08, 2022
sukkot:
our leaders are morons but the citizens are morons too. facts
just like parents that dont give a damn about Thier families will end up breeding children that don't care a hoot about what Thier parents think or feel about their rebellious ways.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by adeoladipupo(m): 11:20am On Dec 08, 2022
grin grin
MALIGNANTGuest:

Are you being fair?
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Sweetvie: 11:25am On Dec 08, 2022
Harmattan123:
I hope say u no be yahoo or ur hustle no pure, trying to intimidate pure hustlers......... Remember John Lyon........
Enjoy your stay
wahala for you o undecided
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by somehow: 11:40am On Dec 08, 2022
udomonday:
the leaders make the place clean and spotless and the people just carry on the trend because it's inherent in them,but in Nigeria the leaders don't give a damn and the people don't give a Bleep either.

Fallacy. I know we are good at always blaming the leaders without taking any responsibility.

When a market is built, it's always clean and in order, few months into it, the occupants turn it to trash.

Do your research, go and check new markets now, take pictures, then check back some months later.

Same with court houses
Schools
Etc.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by ZUBY77(m): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2022
afrodoc2:

That is Il Mercato. The 19th floor has La Brasserie.

I was on the ship for 2 weeks. Just left yesterday.

Haba and we no.meet.

Hope you enjoyed it
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by sukkot: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2022
Nirvana101:

As a traveller, I'll tell you that Nigeria is certainly not bad because of the citizens. You're not being sincere if you feel the government shouldn't be held accountable first. Like first and first!!!!

In football, if a team loses, the coach (govt) is held accountable first, in some extreme cases, he's sacked. The players (citizens) will only follow the foot print of the coach (govt).

Don't be deceived with nonsense like; don't make excuses, the government can't help everybody bla bla bla. Forget it. Nigerians are extremely hard working people. Enable the environment with constant power, roads, and other pro development policies and see this country grow.

I'm where I am today because I don't make or give excuses but you see Nigerian government? bunch of comedians...

@Zubby, nice one brother, I love what I'm seeing, God bless!
AND CAN you explain why these nigerians find themselves in country with great leaders where everything works they still end up committing all the crimes in such countries ?dubai prison,malaysia prison, indonesia prison, usa prison, uk prison, etc etc etc is full of nigerians. is that our leaders fault too ? you say its the leaders but you end up in sane environment and you are the one destroying the sane environments. its time we tell ourselves the truth. its not our leaders. its nigerians. as we speak our boys are in dubai using cutlass on each other on the open streets. they have banned nigerians from entering dubai
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by sukkot: 11:58am On Dec 08, 2022
udomonday:
just like parents that dont give a damn about Thier families will end up breeding children that don't care a hoot about what Thier parents think or feel about their rebellious ways.
AND CAN you explain why these nigerians find themselves in country with great leaders where everything works they still end up committing all the crimes in such countries ?dubai prison,malaysia prison, indonesia prison, usa prison, uk prison, etc etc etc is full of nigerians. is that our leaders fault too ? you say its the leaders but you end up in sane environment and you are the one destroying the sane environments. its time we tell ourselves the truth. its not our leaders. its nigerians. as we speak our boys are in dubai using cutlass on each other on the open streets. they have banned nigerians from entering dubai
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Nirvana101: 12:19pm On Dec 08, 2022
sukkot:

K, man
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Cosmatikka: 12:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
ZUBY77:
Who else is here in Qatar.
Let's have a get together in Doha, Qatar is a small country.
I am currently in one o f the Cruise ships, the MSC WORLD EUROPA
Zubby my man, nice to see your face, u don really change.
I missed seeing you when you came to Aba that yr.
Anytime anything carry you enter UK, kpòtùrùm biko

2 Likes

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by emmaodet: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
OriOko88:
grin
See as thread dry. No single post of anybody in Qatar. Chaii. Poverty has really showed us shege. Even when we qualified to russia 2018,the Nigerians who travelled to see d eagle no reach 500. I'm very sure those oyinbos behind d OP came there for sight seeing,their countries may not qualify.

Poverty has become part and parcel of us. Very dry thread. Many nairalanders are hustlers. Very few middle class amongst us cheesy

grin
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Babathanks(m): 12:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
duchmarley:
I'm a spectator services volunteer at Lusail stadium
I apply for this Qatar volunteer service but they rejected my application. Can you please teach me how you go about it?
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by Regex: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2022
OriOko88:
grin
See as thread dry. No single post of anybody in Qatar. Chaii. Poverty has really showed us shege. Even when we qualified to russia 2018,the Nigerians who travelled to see d eagle no reach 500. I'm very sure those oyinbos behind d OP came there for sight seeing,their countries may not qualify.

Poverty has become part and parcel of us. Very dry thread. Many nairalanders are hustlers. Very few middle class amongst us cheesy

I for go there, but them no approve my annual leave.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by teepain: 1:08pm On Dec 08, 2022
Nirvana101:

Yes government has a role to play but the citizens too need to play their roles. Nigeria has not always been bad at least. So what happened, when Nigeria was good? When there was free education up to the University level? Well, what happened was that Nigerians started gaming the system. They started giving birth with reckless abandon believing that Nigerian government will always provide and cater for the children.

Well this should be every Nigerian's goal, to be where ever they want with or without the government while staying clean. At least, you did and if you can any other person should be able to.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by teepain: 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
OriOko88:
grin

You would be shocked at the true number of the Nairalanders there but most people have learnt to be more circumspect and they enjoy staying incognito. The times are perilous and these aren't good times to begin showing indiscriminate pictures of flexing on the internet or social media. If them 'packee' them family member for Naija who go follow pay ransom? Discretion is the better part of valour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by udomonday: 1:28pm On Dec 08, 2022
somehow:

Fallacy. I know we are good at always blaming the leaders without taking any responsibility.

When a market is built, it's always clean and in order, few months into it, the occupants turn it to trash.

Do your research, go and check new markets now, take pictures, then check back some months later.

Same with court houses
Schools
Etc.
why is North Korea a country with almost zero crime level?is because the person that wants to commit a crime already knows what awaits him,what about China, Malaysia and other countries that make laws and enforce them to the later.by default,humans are prone to crime but because of the checks and balances of the law,and a good conscience people have a second thought.the reason you see Nigerians in jail abroad is that they believe that they can take Thier lawlessness and criminal mindedness that they so much revel in at home abroad,by the time they realise that other countries enforce Thier laws to the later,they are already in prison.if the Nigerian government was enforcing Thier laws and dealing with criminals the way it's stipulated in the law,they will be less crime and lawlessness,the people that are lawless and indesciplined are just exploiting the weakness of the government to enforce laws,how do you explain a scenario where someone will just urinate on the street and a law enforcement officer will even join him to urinate instead of arresting him.some will commit fraud and is brought to the station and before you know it he uses part of the money to settle the officers and he is set free with charges dropped.lawlessness and crime and indiscipline will always thrive in a place where people are not made to pay for Thier crime.the best way to tackle crime and other vices is to make the criminal pay for his crime no matter how highly placed in the society.this will serve as a deterrent to other intending criminals.

1 Like

Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by somehow: 1:37pm On Dec 08, 2022
udomonday:
why is North Korea a country with almost zero crime level?is because the person that wants to commit a crime already knows what awaits him,what about China, Malaysia and other countries that make laws and enforce them to the later.by default,humans are prone to crime but because of the checks and balances of the law,and a good conscience people have a second thought.the reason you see Nigerians in jail abroad is that they believe that they can take Thier lawlessness and criminal mindedness that they so much revel in at home abroad,by the time they realise that other countries enforce Thier laws to the later,they are already in prison.if the Nigerian government was enforcing Thier laws and dealing with criminals the way it's stipulated in the law,they will be less crime and lawlessness,the people that are lawless and indesciplined are just exploiting the weakness of the government to enforce laws,how do you explain a scenario where someone will just urinate on the street and a law enforcement officer will even join him to urinate instead of arresting him.some will commit fraud and is brought to the station and before you know it he uses part of the money to settle the officers and he is set free with charges dropped.lawlessness and crime and indiscipline will always thrive in a place where people are not made to pay for Thier crime.the best way to tackle crime and other vices is to make the criminal pay for his crime no matter how highly placed in the society.this will serve as a deterrent to other intending criminals.

When one of your former leaders tried this, didn't you all call him names and labeled him a tyrant?

Of all the countries to use as an example, it's North Korea you saw. This goes to show the level at which you will run from responsibility just to blame the government.

You want government to start beating, shooting or jailing people for not keeping their environments clean?

Is this how the rest of the world apart from North Korea are doing it?

Please, kind something else to justify why you run from taking responsibility for your dirty markets.
Re: Nairalanders At The World Cup In Qatar, Identify Yourself by MohSlayer: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2022
meobizy:
I’ll sell you a skyscraper if you believe I’m there.

Guy u be goat aswear.... Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oshoala Says Her Dad's Not Happy With Her Celebration. / Iheanacho, Ndidi Celebrate His Premier League Player Of The Month Award (Photos) / Floyd Mayweather: Having One Girlfriend Is Close To Having None, I Have 7 Girls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.