Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,040 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? (17128 Views)

I Can't Ask A Girl Out Because Of My Brown Teeth / The Best And Practicable Way To Ask A Girl Out? / Is This How To Ask A Girl Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by strangest(m): 10:32pm On Aug 30, 2011
I believe asking her out is to give room for you both to chat and get to know each other better, Asking her out takes seconds but asking her to bed may take a longer time, depending
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by gee2(m): 11:08pm On Aug 30, 2011
nice points guyz but i get to know her before askin out, be friends while u study her to knw wat kinda gurl she is. u can if u wan2 knw her b4 she even tells u abt haself.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
dammytex:

Uhmmm, I think it depends on what you want from the girl. So, I'll assume you are referring to a serious relationship.

Well, this is 21st century, so procedures don't follow the medieval pattern anymore.
It starts with friendship of course. I can only take it further with a girl that's my friend. In friendship, I know a lot already about her. We discuss about our problems, future plans, career etc. While being friends, I can have good insight about her background and expectations.

I fairness, I can tell if we can take it a step further towards relationship or not. I can never marry a stranger. In fact friendship is a true test of genuine interest. I can only marry my female friend.

To answer your question, I think it might take months. Time is also a good test of affection.

Hmmmm

Anywayz 9ice explanation
smiley
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:19pm On Aug 30, 2011
dipo+:

Quite true. It also depends on how much time I have for the lady and vice-versa. If the situation isn't favourable time-wise, i may not ask her our even if i have the intention to. All in all, I prefer to take my time to know her before asking her out and we may not even be friends as yet, as long as I think I have spent some valuable time in knowing her, i'll ask her out.
The only exceptn would be a quickie, which i'm sure the OP isn't talkin about

If you could explain or give an example?do u mean like long-distance or sumfin?

seedord247:

I hate to hear this sentence from a girl.

I'm still Thinking about it.

Excuse you?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
££VICTOR££:

If you know what you want and if you wanna get what you desire for, There is no need in delaying things, I can ask a girl out anytime as long as she got what i want and desire in a woman

#dontdull gf-ti-wo-lode
Hmmm sounds sexual sha
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:21pm On Aug 30, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Pweety4me. Sweeery i ask a chick out only when i need punnny. By the way, can I date you? wink
Maybe when you start acting human? undecided
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Kadata(m): 11:52pm On Aug 30, 2011
From experience , the average Nigerian girl you get to meet has a natural defence system around her heart. What do I do? I navigate around this system. How? By simply becoming friends. Just a normal pre-requisite maybe. This may take som few days to weeks. Thereafter, the time comes when one needs to break thru this barrier. Then subtle romance sets in. I'm always very careful. It has to be subtle. You got to let her know you're not like the last guy who tore her hrt. You also got to make yourself the prize worth having. This may take some few months. Call me a "patient dog", but if she's worth taking, it's worth some little waiting.
And btw, more 'responsible' ladies are getting wiser these days. They can smell a quickie miles before you say 'hi'( except on mutual understanding).
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 12:40am On Aug 31, 2011
Hmm seems a lot of Nigerian guys can't date out of their country.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Somagirl(f): 1:11am On Aug 31, 2011
If you like something you see, go for it!

It may or may not work out the way you want it to but life is all about taking risks.

Besides, there are lessons to be learned always.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 1:31am On Aug 31, 2011
Somagirl:

It may or may not work out the way you want it to but life is all about taking risks.

Amen to that sister!
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by moonraker(m): 3:59am On Aug 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

Hmm seems a lot of Nigerian guys can't date out of their country.

You lost me, what does this mean?>
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 4:05am On Aug 31, 2011
The Nigerian Man and how he tends to always describe his interest when relating it to the supposed mentality or characteristics of a Nigerian Woman?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by moonraker(m): 4:14am On Aug 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

The Nigerian Man and how he tends to always describe his interest when relating it to the supposed mentality or characteristics of a Nigerian Woman?

That would be generalizing dear. There isnt a rule of thumb for dating girls on a general scale. each girl has specific requirements,
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 5:00am On Aug 31, 2011
op come fire come thurnder me i know say i no go ever ask out your ugly bonga fish behind .if the worst come to the worst i go ask the family dog bingo out instead of u grin
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 5:06am On Aug 31, 2011
^^^Must you comment?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Gbenge77(m): 9:10am On Aug 31, 2011
Few weeks.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2011
I think u shud eat the pudding when it's hot, There's this gurl I met at the beach and I fancied I saw her regularly for a length of time and I wanted to 'take it slow' so I could get to knw her beta. so I didn't ask her out. Though she always hinted to it, I gradually lost interest jare, It always happens like dat. So once u av feelings u ask her out jare, dnt wait for more than 1 month max!
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by kandiikane(m): 1:08pm On Aug 31, 2011
MY boyfriend waited three months before we dated but that was 'cause I was already in another relationship. .
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by pheesayor(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
Somagirl:

God bless you, exactly what I did about two weeks ago. I'm taking my time though cos she's much younger but I already dropped the bombshell
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by EfeEkarume(m): 6:38pm On Aug 31, 2011
500,000minute. Do the calculations. That's how long.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by mojounited(m): 9:35pm On Aug 31, 2011
@Somagirl, agreed! With the amount of awon boys waiting to knack "akpako", I always stick to the 13th commandment in this regard; "Thou shall not dull". . . grin
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by odumchi: 10:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
@ Pweety4me

Sorry to rain on your parade but didnt you make a previous thread saying you were pregnant for your boyfriend some days back? Now you're dating? This is confusing
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 10:58pm On Aug 31, 2011
^^^Tufiakwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy grin

It was 9jafetish my friend!! angry

& who said i am dating?how is it your business?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:01pm On Aug 31, 2011
12 inches!:

I think u shud eat the pudding when it's hot, There's this gurl I met at the beach and[b] I fancied[/b] I saw her regularly for a length of time and I wanted to 'take it slow' so I could get to knw her beta. so I didn't ask her out. Though she always hinted to it, I gradually lost interest jare, It always happens like dat. So once u av feelings u ask her out jare, dnt wait for more than 1 month max!

You just said you 'fancied' her then you say if you have 'feelings' what type of feelings?ur basically just attracted to what you see. . .what difference is it you rush into dating her end up not liking her anywayz?what would you blame it on?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by odumchi: 11:06pm On Aug 31, 2011
Pweety4me:

^^^Tufiakwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! cheesy grin

It was 9jafetish my friend!! angry

& who said i am dating?how is it your business?

Oh ok, I see. And no it really isnt my business just wondering based on what I saw grin
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 11:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
Apologise b4 i remove ur pant! angry

1 Like

Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 01, 2011
@pweety 4 me. I won't eva apologise. So naw I command u to remove ya pant.
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Pweety4me(f): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2011
Ur insane wink
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by carlos1(m): 1:46pm On Apr 05, 2013
Pweety4me: ^^That makes sense, but what if she ends up seeing you just as a 'friend' and nothing beyond that?

I don't get it bro, what exactly r u looking 4?and what really can u get from a 5mins convo when it's some1 u barely know?

Read btw d lines my dear, the young man said 5times and nt 5minutes
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by carlos1(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2013
Ucheosefoh: As for me its the character of a gal that make me to ask a gal out I dont ask gals out after meeting them 4 the first time

Gbam! Same with me
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by TheExclusive: 1:48pm On Aug 02, 2022
kandiikane:
MY boyfriend waited three months before we dated but that was 'cause I was already in another relationship. .

You told him to wait?
Re: Guys How Long Does It Take You To Ask A Girl Out? by Autobot05: 2:16pm On Aug 02, 2022
We must be friends first so I can know her very well…
Sometimes it’s a waste of time but still makes sense to me

Jesus is the ONLY way ❤️

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Worst Relationship Advice You've Ever Gotten? / Angry Girlfriend Leaks Nudes Of Her Boyfriend’s Side Chick [pictures] / See What These Kids Caught Doing In The Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.