Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,057 members, 7,818,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad (30291 Views)

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Justbehave(m): 9:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
onlinestaff2020:

You are mad and a bastard for discouraging him.

Op, make sure you search for your fathet even though that's the last thing you can achieve in life.

Your mom might have led to his departure, that's the way most women are and they will poison children's mind against their dad.

Blood is thicker than water!
Don't be suprise the guy you quoted is fatherless so don't blame him much

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Exceed15: 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
LOVEGINO:
ask ur mama very well. Dem born u out of wedlock my guy.

Does it matter?
It is his right to know his father.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Exceed15: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
peacheslogo233:
No one deserves to grow up without their dad abeg. Look for anyway possible to contact him.

Yes even if is to put pressure on his mother.

4 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by felibrain: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
I was having a same discussion with my wife yesterday that my step brother who was a year old when his mother moved out might be somewhere now searching for his father. Women shouldn't be manipulating their children in this way. Most times it's their fault but when they leave they will try to put so much hate in the children against their father. What tribe are you?
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Sorry to bore you with my issues

My mum and dad separated 24 years ago

Reason for separation
My only biological bro died from malaria
My dad was unable to come up with money for treatment

My mum moved out took me with her
She remarried 2 years after
Gave birth to 4 leaving me with 4 step sibling
Some years back I heard my mum saying my dad has other children ( I don’t even know them ) I don’t even know my dad

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life
Got lands houses and cars to my name

My problem now is I feel empty whenever I think of my dad
More like I don’t know my root

I plan on visiting mums home for Christmas
The problem is she hates my dad so much
any thing about that topic gets her angry

I don’t know how to convince to go show me my dads house

I don’t know possible ways to get her to show me my dad hus

Don’t even know if my dad is good
Don’t even know his family
Don’t even know my village
Everything I call family is just from my mother side

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Tareq1105: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
Another Sanwo Olu pikin?

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Justbehave(m): 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
Exceed15:

Wise comments. I pity men who fight & go to court to get child/children custody. If she wants to deny you access to them , leave her and focus on your life . It's better for the child to see you tomorrow and be proud of u than spend all productive years tormenting yourself to see your kid(s).
Wisdom

3 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Terror48: 9:59pm On Dec 12, 2022
fman:
Maybe ur dad is a Nairalander
Check Jokes Section
dey play,dey play, just dey play
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by tdayoojo: 10:01pm On Dec 12, 2022
Mleeperbother:
Wetin u wan use your father do? 4get about the guy.

Some people are too judgemental that they lack deep thinking and therefore relish in foolish assertions on serious issues. There's a void in the heart of young man who needs help. What if the mother delerately kept the guy away from his father. It happens every day. Some women sow seed of bitterness in their children against their fathers for whatever reason. Suggestion: the young man should use his mother's friends and relatives to find solution to his challenge. He has to apply wisdom here. If the mother is troubling him to get married, his reply to her mom's request should be that a fatherless child does not need to marry even if he marriage in the pipeline. He make a secret and it as a device to get her to talk to where his father is and where he comes from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 10:02pm On Dec 12, 2022
felibrain:
I was having a same discussion with my wife yesterday that my step brother who was a year old when his mother moved out might be somewhere now searching for his father. Women shouldn't be manipulating their children in this way. Most times it's their fault but when they leave they will try to put so much hate in the children against their father. What tribe are you?

Benin

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Henrikjay: 10:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

More like there is sense in what you saying

But my step dad treated me so bad
I almost died more reason I won’t allow any woman take my child to whatever place

My life has been hell right from childhood
I left his house traveled to a different city when I was 16
From there God has been helping me
Mumsi has also been helping
I am no longer a boy

Lot of things has changed for good

Good and I am happy for you, see the reason your step dad treated you so badly cause you are not his biological child and your mother brought you to his house taking care of your needs and schools fees cause he was enjoying your mother's . V...

And he started getting angry with you and hating you when your mother started having kids for him and he wished you where dead like Junior or if you where never existing .. 80% of men will not be happy with the child their wife brought along to marry them .. ..who's name do you answer as your surname name ..your step dad or our biological dad ..

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by LOVEGINO(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
Exceed15:

Does it matter?
It is his right to know his father.
u know ur father?

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Barbiturate(m): 10:05pm On Dec 12, 2022
[quote author=Offpointng post=119107165]Remain like that bro. You're empty doesn't mean you're not happy cuz statistical study makes us believe Relatives from the father's side are close to very useless. but Ion know your full story sha, but Papa wey no look for you all these years till you turn 25, what gives you the assurance he'll care or give a F about you?[/quote]

This isn't true. What if the mom lied to the guy's father that the guy died or something? My ex lied to me that she aborted my child. Years after, her elder sister who is now a born again Christian, told me on Facebook that she gave birth to a baby girl(my child) and she lives abroad with her husband and my daughter. She bears the man's surname. You really don't know women! Don't blame the dad until he meets him and gets the real truth

4 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Jackanda1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 12, 2022
For some reasons, your mum has decided to punish your dad by preventing his access to you. This is unfair especially if you don't get to hear your dad's side of the story.

Anyway, why was it neccesary to mention your ownership of land, cars and houses?

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 10:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
Henrikjay:

Good and I am happy for you, see the reason your step dad treated you so badly cause you are not his biological child and your mother brought you to his house taking care of your needs and schools fees cause he was enjoying your mother's . V...

And he started getting angry with you and hating you when your mother started having kids for him and he wished you where dead like Junior or if you where never existing .. 80% of men will not be happy with the child their wife brought along to marry them .. ..who's name do you answer as your surname name ..your step dad or our biological dad ..

Biological

The man is broke
My mom singlehandedly took care of me
My step dad did nothing

The man is a lazy man
Even back then food stuff nah mumsi Dey pay

Right now
Nah me they sponsor e four children

Sch and work wise

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Jocdon(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
LOVEGINO:
ask ur mama very well. Dem born u out of wedlock my guy.
And what could be next if he was born out of wedlock? What can he do now?
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by LOVEGINO(m): 10:15pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jocdon:
And what could be next if he was born out of wedlock? What can he do now?
ask d complainer (OP)
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by dododawa1: 10:17pm On Dec 12, 2022
Problem no dey finish
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by dododawa1: 10:19pm On Dec 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Biological

The man is broke
My step dad did nothing

The man is a lazy man

Right now

Sch and work wise
lie Muhammad relative, continue

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Henrikjay: 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Biological

The man is broke
My step dad did nothing

The man is a lazy man

Right now

Sch and work wise

Oh you see what I mean and what I said that its not because your dad was poor your mother left him ...how can she leave your dad cause of no money to take care of your late brother ordinary malaria money he didn't have ..and she went to marry another broke poor man. ... Your mother has a many serious questions to answer ..... The stories she told you are not true that is why she is refusing to show you your dad . ...menn.. You have to work on her call on her family members ... Ok .. Good luck on your journey finding your dad .

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Highorbit7O16: 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2022
dododawa1:
I swear d guy na fool. 25 year old say him get lands and houses and cars. Na there him cast d story. He's still a corper o. D guy life is as fake as his fathers'

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by jaxxy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 12, 2022
Justbehave:
You are old enough to enquire about him from your mum. Stop being a sissy.

if she doesn't want to tell him it better to let it rest. somethings are better left unsaid. The truth might be bitter or a disaster.

Why hasn't his father or his fathers people looked for him?
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by CLRF: 10:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Bro I am not always in her city

Seeing my mom take much effort
Like she is extremely busy with business and all

Anytime I bring up the topic on phone
She tries to shoos

This is the first time I am planning to ask her face to face

I know it won’t be easy

Question you need to ask yourself is: what will happen when you finally see your Dad?
What satisfaction will you derived 8n seeing him?

I stopped looking for mine when I answered the above. I was able to track him to Facebook and LinkedIn connect with him using non familiar name, I never had the chance to send hello to him till he becomes inactive online. 8 years later, I am still doing fine.

If not for Marriage issues, I will advise you to just negudu. There are things one should not find out. Mothers are not wicked, not matter how hard they can be.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Chee59(f): 10:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
Justbehave:
Only women think like this.
You're talking from experience you witnessed in your mother. Hmm
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 10:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
dododawa1:

No point proving nothing

Farewell
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by olaeffect(m): 10:35pm On Dec 12, 2022
You were born, spent 2 months in your father's house, just 25yrs old; which means you were born 1996/1997.
Oga, your story is missing some key elements.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Lamanii22(f): 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
EricSmallz:
Cars, Lands and Houses. Wow, how old are you?
this really got me lol, at 25 ooo…. God when

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Exceed15: 10:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
LOVEGINO:
u know ur father?

May be u don't.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Offpointng:
Remain like that bro. You're empty doesn't mean you're not happy cuz statistical study have make us believe Relatives from the father's side are close to being very useless. but Ion know your full story sha, but Papa wey no look for you all these years till you turn 25, what gives you the assurance he'll care or give a F about you?

Your assumption that his dad didn't look for him may not be correct.

The guy asserted that his mum deserted his dad owing to circumstances beyond his control at that point in history.

A woman who so much hate her former husband will do everything in her possession to avoid visitation rights by the father. Your assumption may not be correct.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Paulianfa(m): 10:45pm On Dec 12, 2022
Ur story no go anywhere,
My people used to say "if u no be like say u wan knack ur step mother ur father no go marry wife for u"

If u no take a step u momsy will not tell u anything, do like say u wan craze, commot moral, vex so tey ...

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by abuja007: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2022
You are not alone. Plenty ppl. Even some that think they know their dad na lieeee. Plenty ppl.
Some people will say... Fear Women. Na man get woman pregnant. Indonesia law no fit be accepted in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by GoodLord95: 10:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
I don't want to even know my dad cuz the man was so stupid and careless. But my mumcy go hear shege from me cuz she didn't even make familiarities before he died. Both stupid creatures

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. / Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.