Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad (30285 Views)

I Don't Know My Age, And It's Disturbing / Woman Seeks Divorce After 25 Years In UAE; Court Tells Her To Return To Husband / Man Reunites With Man Who Saved His Life After Robbery Attack 25 Years Ago (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by kellyzaf(m): 5:47am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Sorry to bore you with my issues

My mum and dad separated 24 years ago

Reason for separation
My only biological bro died from malaria
My dad was unable to come up with money for treatment

My mum moved out took me with her
She remarried 2 years after
Gave birth to 4 leaving me with 4 step sibling
Some years back I heard my mum saying my dad has other children ( I don’t even know them ) I don’t even know my dad

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life
Got lands houses and cars to my name

My problem now is I feel empty whenever I think of my dad
More like I don’t know my root

I plan on visiting mums home for Christmas
The problem is she hates my dad so much
any thing about that topic gets her angry

I don’t know how to convince to go show me my dads house

I don’t know possible ways to get her to show me my dad hus

Don’t even know if my dad is good
Don’t even know his family
Don’t even know my village
Everything I call family is just from my mother side

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them

Bro if ur mum refuse to tell u the truth then the best way to do this is to look for ur mum's brothers or uncles and talk with them about it i bet u they will tell u who ur father is, u know why? Men will understand this ur situation more than the women. Good luck bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by macrodata(m): 5:50am On Dec 13, 2022
Your mom left the marriage because Dad was broke. She hates broke people. She still hate him because he's broke.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by OlawaleBammie: 5:59am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

Some years back I heard my mum saying my dad has other children ( I don’t even know them ) I don’t even know my dad

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them
Ur mama gave u a very good lambda.

It's either she was probably raped to get Ur pregnancy or she got pregnant when she was doing sisy and couldn't pin the pregnancy down on a particular guy cus they could be many.

No be woman again??

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Jolly1010: 6:00am On Dec 13, 2022
This guy na werey!!!
VeryWickedMan:

My son I'm your Dad. Send me money if you want to see me.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Slurity(m): 6:05am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them
The best way is not through your mum but to your mums relatives that she respect alot, they either help persuade her or secretly tell you the link to your father. Ready to tip them with money or begging though.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by olahero(m): 6:16am On Dec 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin this Comrade can't make heaven oooo. Just buzz me my own share sha incase he does your wish as his dad. cheesy
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by william944: 6:19am On Dec 13, 2022
Try to find out why your mum hates your dad.Try to find out why your mum hates your dad....
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by nedekid: 6:20am On Dec 13, 2022
EricSmallz:
Cars, Lands and Houses. Wow, how old are you?
He won the lottery.
Abi he is awon "forex traders".

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by phemmyfour: 6:24am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them
Talk to your mum's friends and relatives. You can always get reliable information from them
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Nwaotu10(m): 6:25am On Dec 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by virginchaser(m): 6:26am On Dec 13, 2022
This is common with women. Irrespective of how much you invested in a child he/she must find his/her father. Allow father to contribute too. Look for way to speak with your grandma. Your grandpa would have been your sure bet but you weren't fast enough.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Nweike1: 6:40am On Dec 13, 2022
GistFullGround:

She has to tell you where you come from, abi she be witch? It doesn't matter what she went through; Papa na Papa

You yourself said it that your father was not buoyant... You have to be forceful because if your mom dies anytime, you can be lost forever.

She has to tell you or show you your origin. By the way, is she an illiterate?

I just dey vex, did she not remarry? Your siblings know their root, while you don't, when you are not a bastard.

Abegi change am for her. I believe she go fear!

God bless you
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Mandesz(m): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2022
U want to know your dad?
Don't visit yo mum anymore, i mean cut every links to yo mum including receiving calls. Wen she calls don't pick. After months pick her call and give her the condition to continue picking d call i.e yo mind.
Unti u know yo dad we cant conclude on his attitude but i think he's a bit wicked and has lackadaisical attitude; be careful.
U are not alone, I'm 38yrs old but I've have only seen my father twice. Th 2 times were also 2days. First day, i was like 7yrs old, 2nd day, i was in ss1, 15yrs old and datz all. Even my mum I've seen her once in the last 26yrs. I lived with my grandma, after she died i live another maternal family and so on.
They are both alive oh!
I think beyond parenthood.
Ask 4 your dad but wen u see each other,becareful in relating, it can be hazardous.
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by leisuretym: 6:47am On Dec 13, 2022
Formulated story
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Sweetvie: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2022
Deep smiley
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by logic102(m): 7:21am On Dec 13, 2022
I am 28 years old, my mom and dada separated a very long time ago, I thought my dad was the cause of their divorce. Growing up I discover it was my mom, she was arrogant, egocentric. Her behaviour affected me badly because I left her house at a very early age.
Although I am still finding difficult it to feed myself.

3 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by johhnnie(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:

I m 70 %. Sure it’s bcus of my elder bro death

Till date some people still addresses her with mama Junior
That’s my elder bro name
Some time Dey miss the name and address me as junior

Don't you think that people who still address her as mama junior may know who your father is/was?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Godmind2022(m): 7:41am On Dec 13, 2022
As someone has rightly said that you should satisfy your curiosity, please do so by asking your mother or her friends or relations about the whereabout of your dad, and make sure you find out about your dad. I also want you to be ready for any result that comes up, in case your mum is not supportive or any of the people you contact are not supportive, be ready for any result that comes out at the end of the day. Again, if you meet your father, and he does not want to meet you or even disown you please, prepare for anything that comes up. Make sure you are not expecting success, work on your mind, believe in Jesus Christ, read good books, read the Bible, make friends, don't hide it from people when opportunity comes to share it. I have discovered that when you keep something that is bothering you as a secret, it continues to bother you and torture you, but when you throw it to the open, not to every Tom Dick and Harry anyway, but to the people that matter in your life, then the fear, the shame, the embarrassment or whatever is over, but please, as I round off, I want you not to expect success. If you succeed, fine and if you don't succeed,fine. Prepare your mind for said whatever happens. you Find help in Bible, find help in God, find help in friendships, fellowship with people of the world God, find them in books. The lord help you in Jesus name amen.

(quote author=Prechgold1180 post=119106982]Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them [/quote]

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by lordaltruist(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2022
Bro our case is very similar, I am over 27yrs now and I don't know my dad.
My mum was whisked away from her said husband (my father) because as I am told that he tried to kill my mum.
Though my mum had told me that whenever I am ready, she will take me to them, my problem is I don't want to make them think I am coming back for what they can offer since I am not made yet.
As for you; trust me there are hundreds of people who are ready to show you your father's family home all you need to do is find the right person and make sure to tell them not to let your mum know and with a little cash gift and show of love they will glad take you there themselves.
I have come to discover that my mum and grandparents had not been lying to me as I have personally made my findings. My mum was married traditionally to a woman who couldn't bear children for the husband (this is practical in my place) unknown to everyone that she has been the one killing the unborn children not until I was to be born (this was after my supposed senior brother had died immediately after birth) that a band of evangelical prayer warriors storm my supposed father's compound to unveil everything and that the woman was planning on killing me in my mother's womb.
When the news got to my grandfather, he horridly came and pick my mum who then gave birth to me in her father's compound.
After my birth, her supposed husband and their people paid the normal visit to their wife and daughter in-law but since then I have neither been taken back nor heard from them neither have they come for me either although they knew my grandfather was not one to mess with which I guess was what really kept them away.
I still have plans to visit them, although I don't know what will be left of them now but I still plan to and that will be when I am financially ready so it doesn't seem like I am coming for what they could offer.

3 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Myer(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them

I know a couple of single parents that also make this mistake.
Please, do not transfer your Hatred to your children.
Whether you like it or not we are social creatures. A child will seek his or her mom or dad eventually.

You would only end up making that missing parent seem like an angel if and when they do reunite.

Yes, it hurts when the person you want to spend the rest of your life with ends up being a disappointment.
But that between you and them(him or her).

Try as much as possible to raise your children in love.
Is it difficult? Bleep yeah!
But that's because it's very important.

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Cubeman: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2022
On your mum's part,she could be preventing you from knowing your father because of something grievous she did when you were a toddler. Believe me,she wouldn't want your father to tell you now that you are a successful man. Again,she could be preventing you from a toxic man whose unfortunate destiny could have an adverse effect on you. But the story that she left your dad because of his inability to foot your late brother's hospital bill doesn't hold water. In the same vein, your dad could be such a carefree man who doesn't care about himself not to talk of anyone else,even his own blood. Abi how does one explain a man who has not bothered to look for his own son taken away from age one. However, your father could be the type who believes that his son would search for him at the right time.
There is something to look at here. Your mum remarried two years after the separation. If you check you will see that your dad remarried more than five years after your mum left him.
If you want to know the truth,tell your mom you will kill yourself if she doesn't show you your dad.

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by adeniyi65(m): 7:54am On Dec 13, 2022
VeryWickedMan:

grin grin grin you are a very wicked man indeed as your moniker implies grin grin.
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by remele2(f): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2022
Bro if you where able to find money that is so difficult to get at 25.... It will not take you 1week to find your father if you want to .....

Start today and thank me next week.

2 Likes

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by mannyjoe2002: 8:17am On Dec 13, 2022
you must make enquires from other sources other than your mum
getting to know your roots is very important for a man
when the chips are down your maternal family would never offer you all you need culturally
please go for your roots and trace your father.it is better to hear from his own side of the story
I wish you good luck

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by DOnlooker(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2022
I don't know if this is one of those fake stories, but if you got houses, cars etc what stops you from hiring a good private investigator or detective to search for your dad because that would be easy based on the fact that your parents were married. There are records about them in the church or registry where they wedded. There are records about your birth at the hospital you were born etc
Use your money (which you claim to have) and bribe the truth out of your extended relatives especially those ones who could use some financial help. You are not committing a crime, you are looking for your father.
Finally, if your step family is from the East, better step up your search for your real roots because one day some idiot will tell you that you are not son of the soil and this may break you especially if you have already settled down there with house and wife and kids.

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by fotadmowmend(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them
Guy move on with your life ..... Who dad help ? What is you were orphan?

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by TYCO77: 8:46am On Dec 13, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]
Offpointng:
Remain like that bro. You're empty doesn't mean you're not happy cuz statistical study have make us believe Relatives from the father's side are close to being very useless. but Ion know your full story sha, but Papa wey no look for you all these years till you turn 25, what gives you the assurance he'll care or give a F about you?

You do not seem to understand the word 'EMPTY'; and I wonder were you got your statistics, maybe that is your personal experience and should not be generalized. You need to understand there is a strong emotional vacuum that needs to be occupied and it is only he who knows it feels it.

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Trilz(m): 8:54am On Dec 13, 2022
Prechgold1180:
Good evening house

Reason for separation

I am a graduate now

So comfortable in life

Zero from my dad side
I wish I can know them
Bros i no go mind if you show m way
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Buhari4sale: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2022
timelessaproko:
In my opinion is not really necessary, what if you know him and he don't care about you.

When just push to know but if he careless don't just kill yourself...most people are selfish here on planet � earth.

As an understanding person, your opinion matters. But wether the father cares or not, he still needs to find out by himself to justify and satisfy his conscience as a responsible, Godfearing and reasonable child to his parent.

Do you read the part why his mother left the father? It was mainly because the man couldn't raise the money needed to treat his siblings medically who later gave up the ghost. Who knows what the man was facing at that time? We never can tell the kind of woman his mother his, Some woman doesn't really care about husbands survival and challenges, all they care about is their children. So if that is the case, the boy isn't concern about whatever happened between his parent

1 Like

Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 9:23am On Dec 13, 2022
Cubeman:
On your mum's part,she could be preventing you from knowing your father because of something grievous she did when you were a toddler. Believe me,she wouldn't want your father to tell you now that you are a successful man. Again,she could be preventing you from a toxic man whose unfortunate destiny could have an adverse effect on you. But the story that she left your dad because of his inability to foot your late brother's hospital bill doesn't hold water. In the same vein, your dad could be such a carefree man who doesn't care about himself not to talk of anyone else,even his own blood. Abi how does one explain a man who has not bothered to look for his own son taken away from age one. However, your father could be the type who believes that his son would search for him at the right time.
There is something to look at here. Your mum remarried two years after the separation. If you check you will see that your dad remarried more than five years after your mum left him.
If you want to know the truth,tell your mom you will kill yourself if she doesn't show you your dad.

I just pray I don’t get into any form of problem
I really don’t know what will happen
Fingers crossed
Would update everyone
Re: 25 Years Old And I Still Don’t Know My Dad by Prechgold1180(m): 9:30am On Dec 13, 2022
DOnlooker:
I don't know if this is one of those fake stories, but if you got houses, cars etc what stops you from hiring a good private investigator or detective to search for your dad because that would be easy based on the fact that your parents were married. There are records about them in the church or registry where they wedded. There are records about your birth at the hospital you were born etc
Use your money (which you claim to have) and bribe the truth out of your extended relatives especially those ones who could use some financial help. You are not committing a crime, you are looking for your father.
Finally, if your step family is from the East, better step up your search for your real roots because one day some idiot will tell you that you are not son of the soil and this may break you especially if you have already settled down there with house and wife and kids.

Thanks for your thoughts

First I am not from the east

I am from Edo Benin city

On issues of hiring someone
I haven’t thought about that
I think it best I do my search my self for now

On issues of marriage
There was no formal registry
Just normal local marriage

Place of bet
I was born in a far market place mumsi said she went to sell her goods (normally that’s what she does till now )
She said I was born in a market after which my first bathe was done in a nearby Catholic Church close to market
To further prove this my native name is EKI

Meaning Market

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Should A Woman Help Her Fiancé To Pay Her Bride Price? / How Do I Handle My Hyper-active Daughter, She's Barely 3years / How A Pant Taught Me How To Always Mind My Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.