Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,427 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44623 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Flows001(m): 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

I agree with you. Mordric won best player in 2018 world cup.
Fifa just like many organizations are for making money. Messi is a good player with many fans and endorsement. Fifa need messi and other star players in the last 4. Small country can never win world cup.

Population, fans, endorsement and adverts are source of income for fifa. Brazil didn't do well against croatia and later would likely lost to Argentina in the Semifinal. Portugal didn't do well against morocco. Fifa didn't manipulate that because Morocco stands for Arabs, Africans and Islamic world. Of course, Ronaldo also has a huge fans. Brazil v argentina semi-final would have been an historical game with many eyes watching it. Either Brazil or Argentina at the semifinal was a good deal for Fifa with either of them facing france or portugal at final.

Subtle manipulations were done to ensure Argentina gets to final. Early penalties in the most Argentina games unsettled vibrant opponent- Netherlands, Croatia and France.

I can say messi effort, fifa manipulation and luck helped Argentina. It is like that in the most life achievement.

Corruption has overtaken the entire world.
Which one is early Penalties again?
Was it the faults of the Argentines that their opponents kept committing fouls on them in box?
You Penaldians didn't complain as France got two Penalties against Argentina, did you?
I'm very sure you rooted for a third Penalty for France undecided..
Pathetic losers!!!
Whether Argentina scored only Penalties throughout the tournament or not, FIFA won't deny them the title upon winning the final.
Keep wailing and crying, Messi and Argentina team are world champions and history has taken note of that?

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by mdshell(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
How many Penalities were scored by your Messi in this World Cup? Use your tongue and count your teeth

Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry

One thing about penaldians is that they don't know anything about football
They just believe football is all about tap -ins
Now watch in the coming days how how most of them will start sympathising with mpappe

Not knowing that even the mpappe self ....Neymar play ball pass am by far
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by phemmyfour: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
Kingcalls:

Did u watch France Morocco ?? Did u watch the group games ?? Did u watch what mbappe did to Poland ... Messi was just scoring penalties while mbappe was firing goals ... Scoring a hat trick in a world cup final no b beans .. not just scoring , pulling ur team back ... Mbappe deserved the golden ball... If Messi did the same thing mbappe did and mbappe did same that Messi did , they wud have still given Messi , they will say mbappe was just scoring penalties... Mbappe had 12 goal contributions for France out of 16 goals scored by France ...only 2 penalties played... Messi on the other hand had 10 goal contributions out of the 15 goals by Argentina with 4 penalties... And he played more minutes... Mbappe deserved it
This is how hypocrite writes:

Messi was scoring ordinary penalties bla bla... and Mbappe scoring hat trick isn't beans as if 2 of the 3 goals scored in that final by Mbappe weren't from the spot
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by barcaboi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

Let’s stop the tears; he had 7goals and 5/6 assists; that’s 13 goal contributions.

He had the best chances creation

He had the most man of the match. Wtf do you give?
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
REST. U KNOW FIFA PREFERS MESSI.
Yes that is true thats why ronaldo has more penaties than messi. It was also fifa that made ronaldo to score one penalty. And messi to score 3 goals and 3 assist without penalty. If not for martinez stupidity messi would have seven assist.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maisams01(m): 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
ukandi1:

Even if Messi had not played, y'all would have awarded him tournament best player.

Was Mbappe not way ahead of Messi ?
What's the point of denying the obvious?
Messi won the world cup but Mbappe was the best player of the tournament.

We understand that Gianni Infantino, the FIFA president is an Argentine so it's not surprising the outcome of this decision to award to award it to Messi
Infantino is Argentine? Ok am done with this argument

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by harmony75: 5:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
Mbamppe supposed to win man of the match.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 5:27pm On Dec 19, 2022
CodeTemplar:
There is politics in football. From grassroot to worldcup. That's why hooligans like Blatter who are educated always lead FA of nations. In 2010 they robbed sneider and gave messi when sneider just won treble with Inter and still left his mark in world cup. It took the world cup a move from summer to winter and shiity league standing for messi to conjur his best performance in Argentina shirt.
Going by logic ribery was robbed in 2013 He was better and won more trophies even messi won more trophies but who did they give it to.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by muyimic2006: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2022
before u criticize mess,check his stat at d world cup.h deserves more.he has better stat more than anybody
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bentonite1:

Your the most sick and dumbb, retadd being I have ever seen. I spite on you. the day you will speak the truth will be your end.
u are d dumb person. D fact that u must insult a person b4 proving a point says a lot about u and ur self-esteem. U should b grateful to social media.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by joyandfaith: 5:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Flows001:

Which one is early Penalties again?
Was it the faults of the Argentines that their opponents kept committing fouls on them in box?
You Penaldians didn't complain as France got two Penalties against Argentina, did you?
I'm very sure you rooted for a third Penalty for France undecided..
Pathetic losers!!!
Whether Argentina scored only Penalties throughout the tournament or not, FIFA won't deny them the title upon winning the final.
Keep wailing and crying, Messi and Argentina team are world champions and history has taken note of that?

Close your dirty mouth. I am neither messi nor ronaldo fan. I don't worship men. Your IQ is low you cannot comprehend complex things. Fifa is not a charity organisation. It is a business empire.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Rybnyk(m): 5:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 6:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
MN07:

Shut up your mouth.

If I tear you slap ehh!!

I said go and hang yourself.

You don't know anything don't contribute to the topic olodo
Mumuboy. See ur life after I dealt with it

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Rybnyk(m): 6:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

You don't even know the criteria for awarding pott. It's not just based on one statistic. If it was so,Oleg Salenko would have won the golden ball in 94 and Suker in 98. They were the top scorers in those tournaments but didn't win. Romario(94) and Ronaldo fenomeno(98) won it instead. Messi was the 2nd highest goal scorer,had 3 assists,more shots on target,XG of 6.6(expected goals) compared to Mbappe's 5.2,more key passes into the penalty area and more key passes overall. Mbappe had more successful dribbles. So it's not a matter of favouritism. FIFA even has more impetus to favour Europe because it's the centre of football in a way. The last two FIFA presidents have been European,they have the highest slots. Ronaldo won the ballon dor in 2013,was that favouritism? Or the term should be used when we want to project something? It's okay to love who you prefer as your goat but stop crying foul just because Messi won something that Ronaldo has not won.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
TristanX:

U can’t compare a player who’s working on his own pace without help to a player who adds favoritism to his skills. That’s what makes CR7 outstanding
how come messi has more individual goal than ronaldo. I bet it was fifa

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
TristanX:

Oga it’s not always about CR7 vs Messi so stop reasoning like a skunk. U Messi fans are pathetic and see everything as fight. Ronaldo leaves in your brains free of charge.

That award belongs to Mbappe that’s what that dude is trying to say.

And if u must know those goal scoring brought CR7 to the unbeatable legend status he has today. So rest abeg.... haba!!

Cry more you absolute dolt. And your camo is not working, by the way. You're not intelligent enough to hide yourself.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
kendrick93:

Ronaldo is the biggest PR machine ever created.
This guy basically scores tapins and you have people calling him goat..
lmao
Gerd muller was better than him but no one ever compare him to Pele and maradona

The biggest fraud/impostor backed up by the English/Madrid PR power. Goalscorer are always appreciated, but no goalscorer have been pushed into the GOAT debate ever based on how many goals they score apart from him.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
go back school and read my comment again.

Clean your eyes very well. And then reply again.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
ruffDiamond:
Messi worked hard to achieve this feat only him carry Argentina for head seriously and good team work from the likes of De Maria and the sterling performance by their goal keeper who actually SAVED their Argentine Ass, mbappe really deserves man of the match award, considering how he quickly level up to equalize against Argentina. That was brilliant and top notch! Well, I just believe the future of football belong to the likes of mbappe.. He'll live to see a better day in his career going forward
People said the same about neymar hazard and bale. Where are they now.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Starz825(m): 7:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Penaldo fans always coming up with reason to cry

One thing about penaldians is that they don't know anything about football
They just believe football is all about tap -ins
Now watch in the coming days how how most of them will start sympathising with mpappe

Not knowing that even the mpappe self ....Neymar play ball pass am by far
I don tell you make you stick to your keyboard..so Neymar play ball pass mbappe by far....
Omoo you no Sabi....

Mbappe is greater than Neymar.... Neymar is only older

Played in 2 WC finals...

You must be high on gum to think otherwise
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by SPAMBOX7: 7:26pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

You prefer him but Messi is still the greatest. Even Pele don comot cap for am so go find very cold water drink. Might help cheesy
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by SPAMBOX7: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
your father is a gerenational fool. did i adress Op. I said face d article, leave ronaldo. was ronaldo in the my statement. it is ur type that writes waec 55 times. your mother is a dog
Cry baby. Small thing dem don vex. Penaldians cheesy
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Clean your eyes very well. And then reply again.
go back to school
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:38pm On Dec 19, 2022
Jostoman:
you know nothing oga.
I know, what do I know but I know better than seventeen years quoting me
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2022
okomi562:
go back to school

Your eyes are still wet.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:39pm On Dec 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:

He's not like by majority?

Bro, Ronaldo has more supporters than Messi.
Messi has more supporters in the footballing world, its different. imagine a fifa president saying messi must win the world cup

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Chukist247: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Writing nonsense..... U would have checked the criteria of giving the award before coming here to show ur hate and ineptitude

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Your eyes are still wet.
lol. go back to school and read properly again with messi as your goal
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
alobright17:
Listen shutup you hypocrite, Bias empty brain .
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:41pm On Dec 19, 2022
MN07:

Shut your mouth nonsense penaldo fan.
Cry blood stupid CR7 will die without a World cup .

Go kill yourself.

Nntorh
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by IgweBUIKE1(m): 7:42pm On Dec 19, 2022
joyandfaith:

You are so dull in your thinking. There is nothing that cannot be manipulated in this world as long as money is involved.
Wiseman so they manipulated France to loose... Or they manipulated them not to come out and play.... Na WA for some of you that cry foul when result don't go your way
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by okomi562: 7:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
candygist:

So Ronaldo is froma poor home and Messi is from a rich home according to your analysis ?
read my post and understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Perpetua Nkwocha Weds Nwufoh In Owerri (Photos) / Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music / Jose Gimenez In Tears As Uruguay Crash Out Of 2018 World Cup (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55