Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) - Sports (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) (44562 Views)

Tusquets: Messi Should Have Been Sold, Says Barca Boss / "Lionel Messi Should Retire" - Maradona / "Messi Should Be Banned Until Fifa Proves He Is Human" – Iran Coach Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by realsammie(m): 1:42am On Dec 20, 2022
Mrfixiit:
You're a classified idiot. KDB is an assist king go check records before displaying your stupidity Ode

Your mother is a classified Idiot pig. Comparing KDB and leo Messi with assist.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ddeola: 1:46am On Dec 20, 2022
Na you suppose win am. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by franugo(m): 3:27am On Dec 20, 2022
Wilson500:
This penaldo fan girls will soon die of depression

A man that made headlines and records after the Saudi treatment till the finale doesn't deserve the golden ball..una dey mad for head

How many goals did Modric score when he was given the award in 2018 but nobody complain...was Mbappe not the champion then
Assuming Croatia played this finals against France, na Modric them go give golden ball ahead of Mbappe because he is an all round player like Messi unlike Mbappe who is just a goal scorer but deficient in other areas

Messi is both a playmaker as well as a goal scorer...that was why he was always ahead of CR7 and now Mbappe
Mbappe is a true mirror image of CR7 though he is not as skillful as CR7...his strength is his speed
Mbappe was even lucky to win that golden boot if not for Scaloni stupid substitution
Person way no get any shot on target for 70mins

Continue crying
because
FIFA Best is loading
8th Ballon d'or is loading

Useless sadists

Very useless sub, why remove di maria? He's lucky Argentina won the shootout cause there was absolutely no reason the game should have gone to pk cause france played nothing till he started making subs.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by iLegendd(m): 4:15am On Dec 20, 2022
It's sad some people don't know the difference between player of the match and player of the tournament.

Let me define it. Player of the tournament takes into consideration your impact in all the games throughout the tournament while player of the match is your impact in one particular game.

The player (man) of the match was Messi, but from the 80th minute, Mbappé took it from him.

Finally, the Argentina keeper took it from Mbappé for saving that last minute goal France almost scored.

To solidify his takeover as the player (man) of the match, he saved 1 penalty and made another player miss his.

If he hadn't saved that last minute goal before the ref blew the whistle for penalty, it would've been game over for Argentina. Think about it. Also, if he hadn't saved at least 1 goal in the shootout, Argentina may have not won.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingsley10000: 4:44am On Dec 20, 2022
davibid:

I completely agree with you, Funny enough I was telling my brother this morning that no footballer has Ronaldo’s kind of mental strength, fifa, Eufa etc they always make him feel inferior to M10 but he never gives up, imagine the Ballon D’or gap between them but he managed to catch after which the powers that be, started gifting Messi unmerited Ballon D,ors to spit CR7. They gave Ballon Dor meant for CR7 to Modric because he left Real Madrid for Juventus. Do you know that if CR7 were to contest for gold boot with 4 penalties out of 7 goals they would still castigate him by calling him penaldo but since it Messi's everyone is turning blind eye to it. Honestly the men that be in football doesn’t like him one bit, it’s really sad that he’s loved to a fault by those whose opinions don’t matter in the game.
CR7 for life.

Who deserve 2013 balon dor between Ronaldo and Ribbery?
Football is not all about goals(tap in and penalty),Messi is better than him in Dribbles,playmaking,assists,classic goals,passes, defence etc all these are criteria for giving world best not just tap in and penalty

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by mayor1814: 4:48am On Dec 20, 2022
OP before u and your Tapnaldo fans console una sef with dis sudden love for Mbappe, remember dat ur Tapnaldo is currently CLUBLESS.

Where was Mbappe before he scored the first penalty for France in the final match? If not for that yeye Argentina coach that removed Di Maria that was tormenting France throughout his stay in d match I doubt if Mbappe would have shone in d match.

We have 3 GOAT in football.

Maradona, Pele and MESSI.

Others like your C.Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Henry etc are great legends but they are not GOAT.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 4:49am On Dec 20, 2022
MN07:

God help the 1d10t that is married to nonsense with nothing for a brain.

Don't quote me again because me I don't take nonsense from f0.0lish women with empty brain.
You are very daft. I m not your mate. I v quoted yo again. Do your worst or just keep quiet
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingsley10000: 5:08am On Dec 20, 2022
TristanX:

Oga if u like ask that question till your children grown pubic hairs. Just know that they will one day ask u “Daddy tell us about CR7”

U just can’t erase his records overnight. He’s a legend and best of the best. History will never forget him

Mumu what about most pained fans Penaldo fans?

Out of Ronaldo's 800goals, 180 is Penalty, 100 is offside, 2
300 is tap in.

Messi has reached two world cup finals,win one,win under17 world cup,under20world cup, 2senior world cups, Olympic,copa America etc
What about Penaldo? grin
He even stole Ribbery's balon dor in 2013

Una go cry blood this season

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 7:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Mrfixiit: 7:28am On Dec 20, 2022
realsammie:

Your mother is a classified Idiot pig. Comparing KDB and leo Messi with assist.
You're bastard
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Kingcalls: 7:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Winnin009:

When it was Messi; you downplayed penalties like it’s not an acceptable way to get goals. You mention Mbappe scoring a hat trick in the finals but refuse to highlight that two of the goals were penalties.

Guy, go take medicine. I no sure say you well.

U Messi minions started the downplay of penalties... Y was he playing every penalty .y dint he give some out for others to play ...mumu people
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2022
MN07:

Shut up your mouth you child.

You can come here to rant because it's a faceless Forum.

Better be careful I'm not one of your customer you wh0r3
So you now know this is a faceless forum. Na now your brain just reset? Your mom and sisters are whor es. And you n your dad are their clients. Keep off with your incest face
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 7:51am On Dec 20, 2022
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2022
MN07:

Common Shut up street wh0r3 and stop quoting me.
Let me annoy you more street who re patronizer and incest practices fetish boy. Just stare more at my pic.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by MN07: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2022
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2022
MN07:

Get out of my mention you wh0r3
WhOr3 pikin, I won't get out of your mention. You can go n die
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by jaafree: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2022
Oya take this reasons or you can go and jump the bridge.

1- Messi captained his side to glory
2- Messi has the most assist of the tournament
3- Messi played every single minutes of the tournament
4- Messi was awarded MOTM in five consecutive games(never in WC history)
5- Messi scored in every part of the tournament ( group stage, quarter final, semi final and final)

Mbappe was lucky, had Messi scored the highest goals in that last match he would have gone with both golden boot and golden ball.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 20, 2022
TristanX:

Hide myself how? This one is another dunce oo... I know u before?

Abeg off to better things

I'm happy about your replies. Your pain is really screaming out in your replies. Really showing you're really distraught about something. Cry more though.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2022
TristanX:

Oga if u like ask that question till your children grown pubic hairs. Just know that they will one day ask u “Daddy tell us about CR7”

U just can’t erase his records overnight. He’s a legend and best of the best. History will never forget him
How does that answer d question that i asked.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by teebagy: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

U Messi minions started the downplay of penalties... Y was he playing every penalty .y dint he give some out for others to play ...mumu people
How many times does mbape gives penalty out in psg
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Lordofsussex: 8:55am On Dec 20, 2022
Did anyone see the killer pass that produced the second goal for Argentina made by Messi ? That’s the artistry of football. A lot of all these penaldo fans never kicked the round leather game . If you know you know . To compare cr7 to Messi the Goat himself is pure gullibility. Football is not only about scoring tap in , the touches , the finess and the moves and impact . More reason why I don’t argue with naive people again .
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Wilson500: 9:25am On Dec 20, 2022
The Anointed 3 in Football History:

Pele
Maradona
Messi

The rest are legends grin
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by realsammie(m): 11:05am On Dec 20, 2022
Mrfixiit:
You're bastard
Product of abortion
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by achimendy(m): 11:34am On Dec 20, 2022
LesbianBoy:
First I want to say congratulations to Argentina but....

Why was Messi given the best player of the tournament instead of Mbappe? Even if it was given to Messi I think it should have been shared with Mbappe! That is 2 best players of the tournament!

Someone said because Messi won the world cup.

Let me remind you all that in 2014 Germany won the world cup yet Messi who didn't win the cup still was given best player of the tournament that year.

This is the reason many people still prefer CR7 because he is not pampered like this. And all his achievements were done with so much hate from even people around.

We don't like talking, because if we talk they'll think we're jealous. In the spirit of fairness, I've been saying it that, messi gets alot of favouritism from top fifa officials than Ronaldo. Starting from the ballon d'or he has won down to the best player of the world cup tournament. The system has not been fair to Cristiano Ronaldo, everything they do for messi is because of Cristiano Ronaldo.

I respect messi because he's of a great football talent, same as Cristiano Ronaldo. I respect them both. But those within fifa governing body should try as much as possible to be fair in their dealings in other to strike balance within the heart of football lovers.

The former fifa president once said outrightly that he love messi more than Ronaldo, that the later one spend more time in a saloon . Just imagine that kind of statement.

Bias fans of messi will never agree to this. But the truth remains the truth.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by maxwell530(m): 1:21pm On Dec 20, 2022
achimendy:

We don't like talking, because if we talk they'll think we're jealous. In the spirit of fairness, I've been saying it that, messi gets alot of favouritism from top fifa officials than Ronaldo. Starting from the ballon d'or he has won down to the best player of the world cup tournament. The system has not been fair to Cristiano Ronaldo, everything they do for messi is because of Cristiano Ronaldo.

I respect messi because he's of a great football talent, same as Cristiano Ronaldo. I respect them both. But those within fifa governing body should try as much as possible to be fair in their dealings in other to strike balance within the heart of football lovers.

The former fifa president once said outrightly that he love messi more than Ronaldo, that the later one spend more time in a saloon . Just imagine that kind of statement.

Bias fans of messi will never agree to this. But the truth remains the truth.
there's nothing Messi won which Ronaldo didn't win before him( I guess there wasn't favouritism then abi), it's safe to say Ronaldo won everything before Messi,he even played in world cup semis before him,Lionel Messi only beat him in his game and did it better than him. The favouritism you are screaming is only in your Head and nothing more. Since you claimed Messi was favoured, he has won a record 6 European Golden shoes, 8 la Liga Golden boots, creates most chances and provide most assists in the history of football, these are individual feats that can never be manipulated by anyone nor any votes.
Cristiano Ronaldo is lucky to be compared with player like Lionel Messi and that's where it ends. Have you ever seen anyone compare Gerd Muller with Maradona and Pele? Cristiano Ronaldo is just another Gerd Muller, he should be grateful he's been compared with Messi just because he play in the same Era with him.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingcalls:

Go and ask Ronaldo that wanted to steal his team mates goal. Lol.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Winnin009: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2022
maxwell530:
there's nothing Messi won which Ronaldo didn't win before him( I guess there wasn't favouritism then abi), it's safe to say Ronaldo won everything before Messi,he even played in world cup semis before him,Lionel Messi only beat him in his game and did it better than him. The favouritism you are screaming is only in your Head and nothing more. Since you claimed Messi was favoured, he has won a record 6 European Golden shoes, 8 la Liga Golden boots, creates most chances and provide most assists in the history of football, these are individual feats that can never be manipulated by anyone nor any votes.
Cristiano Ronaldo is lucky to be compared with player like Lionel Messi and that's where it ends. Have you ever seen anyone compare Gerd Muller with Maradona and Pele? Cristiano Ronaldo is just another Gerd Muller, he should be grateful he's been compared with Messi just because he play in the same Era with him.

Lol and na still one goal he score o and na from penalty. ����
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by ogmask: 7:31pm On Dec 20, 2022
OJEEMAH:
thanks bro.

Sometimes we just wan read comment and pass but this Ronaldo fanboys go just make person talk.

Compliment of the season

Compliment of the season my brother.

Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by TristanX: 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2022
Kingsley10000:

Mumu what about most pained fans Penaldo fans?

Out of Ronaldo's 800goals, 180 is Penalty, 100 is offside, 2
300 is tap in.

Messi has reached two world cup finals,win one,win under17 world cup,under20world cup, 2senior world cups, Olympic,copa America etc
What about Penaldo? grin
He even stole Ribbery's balon dor in 2013

Una go cry blood this season

You’re a bastaard and a foolish idiot for turning a banter to an insult. In the first place my reply wasn’t for u. Secondly can’t u make a simple argument without showing us that your mother was a whorre?

Next time u mention me when I haven’t talked to u and u insult me I will tell u why your dumb father rejected your mother’s rotten pussy

All of a sudden idiots like u don’t remember or know that CR7 played a Euro final when he was 19, won one as a captain, and played a World Cup semi final when he was 21.

To show how stupid u are u are talking of junior World Cup. Na junior World Cup make Pele and Zidane legends abi?!

Take your hatred somewhere else. Idiat!!
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by achimendy(m): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
maxwell530:

From that fifa ballon d'or he won in 2010 And 2021, you'll know the guy is been favoured, he doesn't deserve it. Except you dont want to say the truth.

messi is very good , but he's been favoured.
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwasheyijossy: 5:23am On Dec 22, 2022
TristanX:

I’m sure u are saying this because it favored u. If it was CR7 u would have been gnashing your teeth by now. U Messi fans sef
Why is it so hard for u Cr7 fans to accept that this boy is the Universe's best ever to have touch the round leather ball. Be truthful to yourself TristanX
Re: Messi Should Not Have Won Best Player Of The Tournament (opinion) by Oluwasheyijossy: 5:24am On Dec 22, 2022
fortunez1:

Coward
Clown

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Fans React Angrily After Lionel Messi Got Snubbed From FIFA's The Best Award / Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music / Perpetua Nkwocha Weds Nwufoh In Owerri (Photos)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66