Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography (56961 Views)

You Left Your Husband Because He Was Cheating. Then This Happens (pix) / My Husband Left Us / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2022
oracle009:

My brother... Even yoruba, we get some bastards among us. I once attended a wake keep, the son (about 35years) stood up and said: "my father is a bad man. You are all saying good things about him, but he is bad to my mother"... This na papa wey all community members said they do keep money with him o". Everyone just shouted haaaaaa...

I just look at the guy and promised myself to dissociate from him patapata. The shame was HIS alone! He dey suffer am now. No one wan relate with him for the community.
The rest of you are phoolish ball-less men. You shun a person for opening up. That's why people kill themselves. Someone will have a useless father but because of what people will say, will stomach decades of abuse and neglect until they either take their life or become just as abusive as him.
Because y'all underestimate the power of abuse and trauma.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by oracle009(m): 4:55am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

My mother is ten of the man your father will ever be in a 1000 lifetimes.

Good! Then let the poor man rest grin
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 4:58am On Dec 20, 2022
oracle009:

Good! Then let the poor man rest grin
Your father. Tell that to the thing that gave life to you.

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 5:00am On Dec 20, 2022
byrron:

I genuinely shed a tear after reading this piece and I hope and pray for your heart to heal.

All the memories I have about my dad is that of a father that prioritized the general wellbeing of his 5 sons and his wife even while on his dieing bed.

Lost him sometimes in February 2022 and still grieve once in a while over his demise after I had already planned visiting Nigeria with my family to see him.

Be the best parent that one can ever be to your kids or once you start having them.
You have no idea how traumatising it is to watch, as though, through the window, your own father being caring to a fault to every other person, except you and your siblings.
It's almost unbelievable, like, pinch yourself "am I seeing double?"
You'll be a liar when you eventually talk.

6 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by debbydams(f): 5:02am On Dec 20, 2022
madridguy:
E sure me die na another man pickin they carry come give this man. Your own blood will never write something like this.

Make God no allow us born our enemy as child.
some fathers are very wicked oo, I mean very very wicked...

2 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 5:06am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are not alone at all. This is Africa and there are plenty whose experiences mirror yours. Sadly, they have been lied to by the adults in their lives into believing that speaking out against the ills inflicted on them by their parents would bring curses and misery upon them, not realizing that it is in keeping mum that the bring such on themselves. undecided
I can't tell of the years I believed I was worthless because of the abuse. Keeping silent is the worst. Fear and shame and guilt.
It's worse than an absentee parent. The pain is second to none. And when you reach adulthood, people expect you "grow up" and "move on".

Those you see making excuses for that man on this thread have become the monsters their fathers were.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by oracle009(m): 5:14am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

Your father. Tell that to the thing that gave life to you.

Uh I understand where the vulgarities are coming from. Many times, it takes both parents to teach manners. : wink cheesy
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Kobojunkie: 5:16am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:
I can't tell of the years I believed I was worthless because of the abuse. Keeping silent is the worst. Fear and shame and guilt. It's worse than an absentee parent. The pain is second to none. And when you reach adulthood, people expect you "grow up" and "move on".

Those you see making excuses for that man on this thread have become the monsters their fathers were.
Precisely! I have seen it enough times particularly among Nigerians to know that these evils are best confronted rather than held in order for the cycle of hurt to end with them. Those who go on to become like their parents mainly refuse to confront the hurt and pain inflicted on them by their so-called loved ones, choosing instead to hold it all in until they too begin to rationalize and accept it as being ok behavior. undecided

Na so many of my university friends whose fathers were deadbeats and irresponsible fathers come turn become like dem papa today. When you talk to them about it, many go say na generational curse for dem family, not realizing they did it to their own selves. undecided

6 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 5:21am On Dec 20, 2022
* There are people who think words like "abuse" "trauma" "depression" "mental health" is a euro centric thing.

* Abuse comes in different forms. It's not only wife beating or r*pe. Neglect, whether financially, physically or even sexually is an abuse.

*Emotional abuse is just as bad as physical abuse, only without any scars to show.
Years of abuse can lead to depression and then suicide, if not well handled.

* Don't mock people who commit suicide. You didn't see what they saw.

*Get help. Talk to a therapist not just any body.

5 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 5:26am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Precisely! I have seen it enough times particularly among Nigerians to know that these evils are best confronted rather than held in order for the cycle of hurt to end with them. Those who go on to become like their parents mainly refuse to confront the hurt and pain inflicted on them by their so-called loved ones, choosing instead to hold it all in until they too begin to rationalize and accept it as being ok behavior. undecided

Na so many of my university friends whose fathers were deadbeats and irresponsible fathers come turn become like dem papa today. When you talk to them about it, many go say na generational curse for dem family, not realizing they did it to their own selves. undecided
You are 100% correct about internalising pain. Men especially are more likely to build up a reservoir and hold up their emotions. But when they burst open, it's sometimes very deadly. That's why mostly men commit very very violent crimes.

I spent many years blaming myself. Maybe if I did this or that, my father will love me and pay my school fees or buy me school shoes or even come for a school function or something. Anything.
But then, I had to come face to face with the fact that "this is how he is". This has nothing to do with me.
Truth is, if you don't deal with your emotions and separate facts from illusions and get therapy, you may eventually become that which you hate.

6 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

You have no idea how traumatising it is to watch, as though, through the window, your own father being caring to a fault to every other person, except you and your siblings.
It's almost unbelievable, like, pinch yourself "am I seeing double?"
You'll be a liar when you eventually talk.

I can feel your pains through your comments and I genuinely wished your dad was there for you.

3 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Chee59(f): 5:32am On Dec 20, 2022
byrron:

I can feel your pains through your comments and I genuinely wished your dad was there for you.
He's dead to me.

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Guide777(m): 5:35am On Dec 20, 2022
madridguy:
E sure me die na another man pickin they carry come give this man. Your own blood will never write something like this.

Amen.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by zoedew: 5:49am On Dec 20, 2022
All he owed them was food shelter point them to God live accordingly education and probably the house he lived in while alive. If he delivered on these he was good to go!
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

He's dead to me.

It is well

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Kobojunkie: 5:51am On Dec 20, 2022
zoedew:
All he owed them was food shelter point them to God live accordingly education and probably the house he lived in while alive.
How did you reach this conclusion that this is all he owed them? undecided

4 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by gaddafe(m): 6:11am On Dec 20, 2022
You will be surprised this man did his best for the kids. Some children are hopeless children especially the ones of this generation. How can a child write that about the late dad. My father did a lot of negative things to me some of them when I sit down I still cry. But one thing is that he later regretted them all and wished he could change the hand of time and correct the mistakes. That's why my dad don't joke with my kids. In fact when I see the way my children like my dad stay with him and all that, I just shake my head because when I was like them, I do wish the man died. Today I'm a dad and I try to do my best for this kids yet they don't still see me as a good enough dad for them. My own dad became remorseful at his old age when he became sick and all his friends left him and all his children also left him and I decided he stays with me and I took care of him. Sometimes when he tells my kids about who he was, of how popular he was in the military and everyone hailing him as Gaddafi, they do think he's exaggerating but I tell them, this man is tellythe truth, he was rich and popular and had many friends except that today I'm his only friend and confidant. I control all his account, all his estate etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Bosdem(f): 6:16am On Dec 20, 2022
By their comments , you know them.

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by yahoodetector: 6:18am On Dec 20, 2022
JORDAN202:
HEY

ANY CHILD THAT COULD WRITE SUCH FOR ANY DEAD PARENT, IS A WICKED ASSHOLE.

YOU WERE AN ADULT WHEN HE WAS STILL ALIVE, YET YOU DID NOT HAVE THE COURAGE TO CONFRONT HIM.

IF YOUR STORY IS TRUE, YOU SHOULD HAVE CONFRONTED THE MAN BEFORE HE DIED SO THAT HE CAN EXCERCISE HIS RIGHT TO REPLY.

MAY YOUR OWN CHILDREN DO THE SAME OR WORSE TO YOU UPON YOUR DEATH.

And how did you know that the man wasn't confronted while alive but still hardened his heart?

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by tyinfinity: 6:26am On Dec 20, 2022
OSU Pandora obituary legacy for Anambra is Alcohol
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Elidrisy20: 6:29am On Dec 20, 2022
Which legacy do they want? After bringing you ppl to the world,take care of you ppl, while growing
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by hedocharles(m): 6:29am On Dec 20, 2022
madridguy:

Well written fendy.
May we never have such as a child

1 Like

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Tapout(m): 6:31am On Dec 20, 2022
A lot of lies are written in biographies and tributes, It's a fact. It's not usually called out all in the name of respecting the dead. I tell people, live your life in a manner that people won't have to lie at your funeral. Me wey no sabi lie, I'll kukuma not write anything.

7 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by conscienceman4(m): 6:43am On Dec 20, 2022
The tone of a motherly corrupt child.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by everythinggirly(f): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2022
But to be honest some father's don't deserve to be called that name daddy/papa/father, because they've done more harm than good.

Just take a look the biography, it means that the man showed his children hot pepper but nevertheless he would have kept it to himself rather than telling the whole world who his father was, some secrets are supposed to follow you to the grave.

2 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by igala1(m): 6:47am On Dec 20, 2022
Mindlog:

2Corinthians 12:14
You are in denial.

The present generation and the future ones, are becoming more daring and less comfortable with "eye service" and cover ups.

The emotional blackmail the society has been using to subsidize deadbeat parents is fast losing its grip on children of neglectful parents.

Publicly treating deadbeat parents mess ups is becoming the new cool.

For those conversant with the bible: Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.....Col. 3:21
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by CodeTemplar: 6:54am On Dec 20, 2022
JORDAN202:
HEY

ANY CHILD THAT COULD WRITE SUCH FOR ANY DEAD PARENT, IS A WICKED ASSHOLE.

YOU WERE AN ADULT WHEN HE WAS STILL ALIVE, YET YOU DID NOT HAVE THE COURAGE TO CONFRONT HIM.

IF YOUR STORY IS TRUE, YOU SHOULD HAVE CONFRONTED THE MAN BEFORE HE DIED SO THAT HE CAN EXCERCISE HIS RIGHT TO REPLY.

MAY YOUR OWN CHILDREN DO THE SAME OR WORSE TO YOU UPON YOUR DEATH.

What some people did in their youth was to involve the soul and spirit of their alleged children in money rituals to enjoy their own life. Such people can't give anything in any real sense again. Just waiting to die and hoping afterlife doesn't exist.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Ofemmanu1: 7:22am On Dec 20, 2022
madridguy:

The moment I saw Kalu, I knew it.

Na basterrd son go cast him papa like this.
In Alaigbo most children are either pure basterrds or baby factory products.

I don't like my pops too cos he didn't do his best for me but that doesn't mean I will write rubbish in his Eulogy.
He remains my Superman.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by ppogba: 7:28am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Chances of that happening are greatly reduced by their admitting to themselves that what they experienced at the hand of their father is wrong! You cannot make progress if you don't first admit the problem for what it is. And that is what they have done here. undecided

I agree with you that this action of theirs is an admittance of the problem being a step towards progress.

But, I insist they will experience the same if they keep living in the past, moaning about what their father did or refused to do rather than working their socks off for their own life and children. For goodness sake, children born when their fathers had already died are achieving things in their life.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by imagrg(m): 7:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Fathers should do what fathers do.

Only fake fathers care less for their children. Good fathers do the needful.
Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2022
donpapa:
They should go and face their lives too so that there kids won’t say the same about them smiley

They're facing their lives, if not they'd not be conscious enough to understand the shortcomings of their father.

2 Likes

Re: You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography by Onelove508: 7:44am On Dec 20, 2022
abobote:
Ungrateful children, bringing them to the world should be a legacy, and he gave them education which gave them the audacity to express themselves arrogantly

No body did u a favor by bringing you into the world- u weren't anywhere begging them to bring u to the world. Rather u did them a favor by coming to the world through them- ask childless couples, they'll explain better.

Education alone isn't raising a child.

Some of u are so lucky with good parents so u won't understand.

U are lucky u aren't my father's child, u won't be saying this .

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

You’re Going Back To Nigeria - Heartbroken Lady Tells Her Nigerian Husband / Nigerian Parents Give Birth To White Baby (Photos) / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.