Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,290 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:32 AM

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices (42386 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by SugarGirl44(f): 12:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
Stupid girl. I even thought it’s a white person who said it.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Dayaa: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
Attacking Nigerian food? She must not be a full-blooded Nigerian, else she would know better.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by bukarolz: 12:41pm On Dec 21, 2022
Inferiority complex. Timid girl
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Streetmovement(m): 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
[quote author=Borntosmoke post=119320642]Chaii!! If dem kon smell naija girls pussy nko??[/ququote

Wotoporiously cool speaking

My Godnesss this boy you will kill me very soon grin grin hahahahaha
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by GoodBoi1(m): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
Imagine if it was ofada rice that was microwaved in the office

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 12:43pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely delicious. cool I dey carry my own go work well well. I tell them I have to take an 'extended break' to go eat privately because I don't want to offend their 'senses'. They will petition YOU made them sick. My 30 minute break is extended to 45 minutes WITH PAY! cheesy

Just avoid wahala. One complaint ok. Once 3 or more complain. . . . .you don buy cemetery be dat o. cheesy

But, you can kill someone not familiar with the exotic aroma. To make matters worse, they can conspire against you and get you FIRED for bringing toxic fumes to the work place. Some will even refuse to come to work and claim 'disability' because of your food! grin

grin

When I want to take african food to work, I make sure not to cook it with iru because I'm considerate of others in the workplace.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Badguy77(m): 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mumu cos dem give you chop
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
GoodBoi1:
Imagine if it was ofada rice that was microwaved in the office
OFADA good naaaa
What about Microwaved DAWA DAWA grin grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by merits(m): 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.

Ban am na mumu.

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by BJanta: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
How can I do without efo riro?
Then how can I cook and eat my
efo riro without plenty iru-pete, iru
horo and ponmoo ati eje gbigbe?
Make UK comot for road I beg,
make Brazil, wey akara full pam,
pass.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:
It's common courtesy not to bring strong smelling foods into shared spaces but this one just has an inferiority complex

It's one thing to acknowledge that some foods have strong smells, especially to people who aren't familiar with it and another thing to attribute it to being dirty and lower class like she's doing.

There are Nigerian dishes that have a neutral smell that people can bring into the office alternatively so it isn't necessarily a 'Nigerian food' thing

British 'office' foods that 'stink' as well:

- Vinegar with their chips
- Cheese and onion crisps
- Greasy bacon
- Microwaved scotch eggs
- Marmite

She's got a point sis.

She said before those Nigerians left for the west they were eating doughnuts, burgers to set themselves apart as posh, but when they get to the west, they start eating Nigerian foods again, why not just carry on eating the burgers and doughnuts you were eating back home?
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Elidrisy20: 12:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
See nose like lekki tollgate

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

LoL.. this white people are funny grin. You too are funny bro. grin disability Kwa? Hahahahaha..

They recognize their allergy here very well, they take their health seriously unlike we back home. We cook our food all the time, they don’t cook like us All the time.

Many things, we are different beings, they are not funny, they are who they are we are who we are, some Indian food fit make me vomit, and to Indians e sweet and nice aroma. You see

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by mariahAngel(f): 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:
It's common courtesy not to bring strong smelling foods into shared spaces but this one just has an inferiority complex

It's one thing to acknowledge that some foods have strong smells, especially to people who aren't familiar with it and another thing to attribute it to being dirty and lower class like she's doing.

There are Nigerian dishes that have a neutral smell that people can bring into the office alternatively so it isn't necessarily a 'Nigerian food' thing

- Greasy bacon
- Microwaved scotch eggs
- Marmite

Don't mind the yeye girl. cheesy

Although, I found her funny shaa. grin

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by toprealman: 12:51pm On Dec 21, 2022
She most likely is a care worker. Wonders like they say shall never end .
Lol no de smell abi?
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Segzy19: 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
This one still dey inside her own prison...

May God deliver you....
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 12:52pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

She's got a point sis.

She said before those Nigerians left for the west they were eating doughnuts, burgers to set themselves apart as posh, but when they get to the west, they start eating Nigerian foods again, why not just carry on eating the burgers and doughnuts you were eating back home?
Lool maybe they're trying to save money by bringing a packed lunch now, who knows grin

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
mariahAngel:

Don't mind the yeye girl. cheesy

Although, I found her funny shaa. grin
Lool cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by mariahAngel(f): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

She's got a point sis.

That is not completely true.

Nigerians eat those mainly as snacks, and never as food.

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by FireUpNow(m): 12:53pm On Dec 21, 2022
That girl is a dirty Naija girl in the UK. Even though stock fish aka okporoko, locust beans aka iru and dawa smell very awful but that girl kunchas dey smell so she should be banned first. Born throw way
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
mariahAngel:

That is not completely true.

Nigerians eat those mainly as snacks, and never as food.

Burger is a snack? grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by mariahAngel(f): 12:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Burger is a snack? grin

To a Nigerian, yes.
We don't count calories. smiley

4 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Fedrams: 1:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
She's absolutely right. Most Nigerian soup smell badly but taste nicely. A boy was warming his soup one day and I ran out from the room because of the smells

DivinegiftofGod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Lool maybe they're trying to save money by bringing a packed lunch now, who knows grin

Loool.. its actually cheaper to bring oyinbo food as packed lunch tho cos our african food stuffs are imported
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by mariahAngel(f): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
Truthsoldier:
Wait until I take 'warmed egusi soup' to the office with akpu,I go use my hand mould the balls

come and talk, nah you go tire

E be like say you want make them deport you. cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 1:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
mariahAngel:

To a Nigerian, yes.
We don't count calories. smiley

Well burger isn't a snack oo..that's a full meal

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sharpwriter(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o. Dem go take sick leave. . . .as in "Okporoko-induced SICK LEAVE"! cheesy

I avoid that at all cost. No be joke o.

ANYTHING FISH? shocked Dem don die. . . .not to talk of OKPOROKO AND OGIRI? grin

Even FRIED PLANTAINS. . . . Heeeeeeeeeeeey?

I simply use the situation to my advantage.

I just tell my supervisor. . . ."You know I have to eat my funny food, FLOSS AND BRUSH MY TEETH. . . .I will be back in 45 minutes". . . .Shikena! grin
Then how do their own foods smell like All through like ground nut oil or what? Please inform me, I'm interested angry
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Goke7: 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
bukarolz:
Inferiority complex. Timid girl

exactly, it's inferiority complex
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sharpwriter(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

- Greasy bacon
- Microwaved scotch eggs
- Marmite

Thanks dear for informing us... I thought their own foods smell perfume all through. Yẹ̀yẹ́ people angry

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Mercury12(m): 1:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
Lol.
Fish brain.
This is one of the downside of internet.
Everyone thing feels like they have an opinion. undecided
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sterlingD(m): 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Imagine opening FUFU in a public UK office with Olugbu Soup and keg of palm wine.

If Oyingbo smell that kind combination
Dem go deport you back to Nigeria

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.