Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices (42374 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by cayorday89(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Absolutely delicious. cool I dey carry my own go work well well. I tell them I have to take an 'extended break' to go eat privately because I don't want to offend their 'senses'. They will petition YOU made them sick. My 30 minute break is extended to 45 minutes WITH PAY! cheesy

Just avoid wahala. One complaint ok. Once 3 or more complain. . . . .you don buy cemetery be dat o. cheesy

But, you can kill someone not familiar with the exotic aroma. To make matters worse, they can conspire against you and get you FIRED for bringing toxic fumes to the work place. Some will even refuse to come to work and claim 'disability' because of your food! grin
This is funny in an unfunny way.. Na make person dey waka jeje be that oooo.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Emmanuel909090: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
The shape of her mouth says alot
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Kingsean(m): 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2022
it's Igbo food mostly. the smell can be quite offensive. personally I don't like the smell. they have tasty food but that offensive odor is the issue. funnily enough, those foreign foods have higher nutritional value as compared to our starchy food. African food is filled with mostly starch. big outside but empty inside. Lord help us

3 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by int0x80(m): 5:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
What would she say about Indian foods! Asšhole!
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Woodaz: 5:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hello everyone,i have come up with a healthier means to eating soup and eba
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Truvelisback(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
Feeling like she has made it in life....

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2022
@sukkot, are you one of those people who packed eba for lunch when you were in the UK?

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ponishah: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.
Thats why we dont have cancer
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:
@sukkot, are you one of those people who packed eba for lunch when you were in the UK?
lolzzzz let me tell ya something ibkayee i can never understand nigerians. in fact i have refused to try to understand nigerians. these people are morbidly attached to stupid things. you see people travelling abroad and their bag is full of smelly african foodstuff. i dont understand that much attachment to food. they go into offices with their food. i dont understand it. i have never been one to be attached to anything. when i go to the uk if i go to the uk there is not one african foodstuff in my luggage. when i am at work in the uk i buy sandwiches and crisps and orange juice from tescos and thats what i eat at work. i can never carry cooked food to work. i dont understand people who do shit like this. in fact i refuse to understand people who do shit like this grin grin grin grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
lolzzzz let me tell ya something ibkayee i can never understand nigerians. in fact i have refused to try to understand nigerians. these people are morbidly attached to stupid things. you see people travelling abroad and their bag is full of smelly african foodstuff. i dont understand that much attachment to food. they go into offices with their food. i dont understand it. i have never been one to be attached to anything. when i go to the uk if i go to the uk there is not one african foodstuff in my luggage. when i am at work in the uk i buy sandwiches and crisps and orange juice from tescos and thats what i eat at work. i can never carry cooked food to work. i dont understand people who do shit like this. in fact i refuse to understand people who do shit like this grin grin grin grin
I think something neutral like jollof rice/spaghetti, fried rice, even indomie is ok, I didn’t know people were packing abula with them lmao

When you’re used to a smell you probably aren’t thinking about it being pungent to be fair, I think it just depends on the type of food, they aren’t all ‘smelly’ lol

3 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

I think something neutral like jollof rice/spaghetti, fried rice, even indomie is ok, I didn’t know people were packing abula with them lmao

When you’re used to a smell you probably aren’t thinking about it being pungent to be fair, I think it just depends on the type of food, they aren’t all ‘smelly’ lol
lmaooo abula and ewedu and assorted. yeah i am too self aware to be doing these types of primitive things ( eating smelly food with fingers in london work office lol ) in a european public space. when in rome do like the romans ad if you cannot adapt just stay in your home country.

but i can understand like you said carrying fried rice and indomie and spaghetti but me myself i rather just buy a sandwich from shop. i no get time for wahala. i try to live my life very easy and uncomplicated

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
lmaooo abula and ewedu and assorted. yeah i am too self aware to be doing these tyes of primitive things in a european public space. when in rome do like the romans ad if you cannot adapt just stay in your home country.

but i can understand like you said carrying fried rice and indomie and spaghetti but me myself i rather just buy a sandwich from shop. i no get time for wahala. i try to live my life very easy and uncomplicated
Some of the ‘Europeans’ sef do some of the most ‘primitive’ things themselves abeg grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by NgwaManeatyou2(m): 6:34pm On Dec 21, 2022
DearGorgeous:

cheesy Be calming down, Dede cheesy

You funny though. cheesy

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 21, 2022
gaby:
See her mouth like okoso

Who play okoso as kinder here that year?

The mouth wey dey suck prick everyday na em dey talk say Nails food dey smell ! ...............Wonders shall never end undecided undecided undecided
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Some of the ‘Europeans’ sef do some of the most ‘primitive’ things themselves abeg grin
hey i am not here saying europeans are civilized people but in public they do try to keep some level of decorum. eating hot abula with igbin and iru smell and smacking your lips and licking your fingers in a west end london office is devoid of all manners of decorum grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
hey i am not here saying europeans are civilized people but in public they do try to keep some level of decorum. eating hot abula with igbin and iru smell and smacking your lips and licking your fingers in a west end london office is devoid of all manners of decorum grin grin grin grin
Lmao grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Lmao grin
your workmate alan be like, hey akin whats that thing you are eating that smells like sweaty dog bollocks cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
your workmate alan be like, hey akin whats that thing you are eating that smells like sweaty dog bollocks cheesy

British people should be the last people commenting on anyone’s local dish grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:48pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

lmaooo yeah right

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

one of ibkayees white workers sent me a picture of her at her cubicle in a london west end office during her lunch break . cheesy

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:56pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
one of ibkayees white workers sent me a picture of her at her cubicle in a london west end office during her lunch break . cheesy
Lmao well for one I'm not even a fan of fish grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sukkot: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Lmao well for one I'm not even a fan of fish grin
lmao am trolling grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
sukkot:
lmao am trolling grin
I know na grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by thecommunist(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o. Dem go take sick leave. . . .as in "Okporoko-induced SICK LEAVE"! cheesy

I avoid that at all cost. No be joke o.

ANYTHING FISH? shocked Dem don die. . . .not to talk of OKPOROKO AND OGIRI? grin

Even FRIED PLANTAINS. . . . Heeeeeeeeeeeey?

I simply use the situation to my advantage.

I just tell my supervisor. . . ."You know I have to eat my funny food, FLOSS AND BRUSH MY TEETH. . . .I will be back in 45 minutes". . . .Shikena! grin
the day I microwaved fried fish in office.... mean, that day was serious. Thank God Nobody saw me do it. Omo, I was so embarrassed. But theyvwee very gracious about it. They just opened all the doors and windows and switched on the extractor fan. Menu, I couldn't even apologized, I just kept hoping nobody finds out it's was me..since that day, na biscuit, I dey carry go work ooo.

3 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
thecommunist:
the day I microwaved fried fish in office.... mean, that day was serious. Thank God Nobody saw me do it. Omo, I was so embarrassed. But theyvwee very gracious about it. They just opened all the doors and windows and switched on the extractor fan. Menu, I couldn't even apologized, I just kept hoping nobody finds out it's was me..since that day, na biscuit, I dey carry go work ooo.

You only have to try it once. cheesy
The humiliation is real.
And boy. . . .the oyinbo people are IN SAFIA PAINS. You will feel sorry for them. cheesy

If you enter oyinbo market. . . .no smell.
Try going to an AFRICAN FOOD STORE. . . . .Shegey!!! Thank God they now have industrial freezers to contain the stench!

4 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:22pm On Dec 21, 2022
ponishah:

Thats why we dont have cancer

How can you know. . . when you have no hospitals and every illness is caused by witches and 'village people'?

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

grin

When I want to take african food to work, I make sure not to cook it with iru because I'm considerate of others in the workplace.

Then your mouth will also smell like 'vaggi' wey no baff for 3 months! cheesy
You go take that mouth dey tok to customers and clients.
Ta!
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by thecommunist(m): 7:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:

You only have to try it once. cheesy
The humiliation is real.
And boy. . . .the oyinbo people are IN SAFIA PAINS. You will feel sorry for them. cheesy

If you enter oyinbo market. . . .no smell.
Try going to an AFRICAN FOOD STORE. . . . .Shegey!!! Thank God they now have industrial freezers to contain the stench!
lol...I still feel embarrassed anytime I remember that day. My only consolation is that the oyinbos may think it's one of the Indian guys...lol.
My oga was even telling me not to go into there lunch room because "someone stank it up"...if only he knew it was me...lol

3 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2022
cayorday89:

This is funny in an unfunny way.. Na make person dey waka jeje be that oooo.

Just waka je je. . . .it is not worth the stress.
Dem go gossip the matter till kingdom come.

Dem go dey tok. . . ."hey guys! do you remember when kiki brought 'fermented fish' to the lounge and made everyone sick"?
Even when new employees that don't know you come. . . they will use that story to introduce you ke. grin

It is not about inferiority complex. . . . it is just not a comfortable situation to be in.

Once you enter lounge. . . efry body go just bail. One by one. . . .dem go juss dey disappia.
THEY WILL MAKE SURE THEY AVOID THE LOUNGE OR BREAKROOM WHENEVER YOU ARE WORKING. grin

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:39pm On Dec 21, 2022
thecommunist:
lol...I still feel embarrassed anytime I remember that day. My only consolation is that the oyinbos may think it's one of the Indian guys...lol.
My oga was even telling me not to go into there lunch room because "someone stank it up"...if only he knew it was me...lol

cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Perfect! Na their language be dat!
You don get am! cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2022
yinkeys:

A fat American woman has told me this before
Some Nigerian delicacies stink she says grin

Na so e pain you reach?
Why let us know say she 'fat? cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by KanwuliaExtra: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2022
diplomat058:

I'm trying to understand your perspective. Why would they ban some people's food? And what do you mean by 'ethnic food.' That some people normalize junks as regulars, does not mean you must force it down others' throats. It's a disappointment if you can't be proud of your cultural identity and allow others to castigate it as inferior. Shioor!

I don't think you understand. JUST LIKE I CAN'T STAND THE SMELL OF WEED. . . OR 'IGBO'! angry
Nothing to do with inferiority.

Some of our foods STINK!

The first time I tried to buy a house, my agent took me to a Nigerian family's home.

OMO! As soon as we entered the house. . . .NA OKPOROKO DIE DIA O.
I had to leave. The whole house was STINKING!

The only Black American guy I tried to date. . .and served him fufu and egusi soup. . . .thinking I was giving a 'special naija delicacy'. . . .I NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN AFTER THAT. He did not even bother to explain. cheesy

Some certain smells are just toooooooooooooo offensive to those not accustomed to it.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.