Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,792 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:43 AM

UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices (42379 Views)

Pretty Foreign Lady Tries Different Nigerian Foods For The 1st Time (pics/video) / Rare Pictures Of Nigerian Foods Shown In The Most Tantalizing Way / Eating Too Much Of These 9 Nigerian Foods May Kill You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by brandsoncharlie: 1:07pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mindlog:
Which ban? Low self-esteem!

What of Indians whey no send anybody when it comes to their meals, dem go microwave am at work and everyone gets used to it.
One Naija girl said yesterday I am in a village in nigeria.
I told her, I am proud of my village where I come from, I told her na inferiority complex dey worry her, the thing shock her she begin tell me say she's from kogi state, Nigeria. I just laughed the mumu because initially she wasn't proud of being Nigerian and her village where she originate from.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Panda7(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
what does the uk looks like now still ugly or getting fine? i have never seen a true beauty pics of that country, always looking like asaba or part of onitsha with tech.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sharpwriter(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Imagine opening FUFU in a public UK office with Olugbu Soup and keg of palm wine.

If Oyingbo smell that kind combination
Dem go deport you back to Nigeria
And you com belch for your supervisor face join, him go declare you monkey and Shrek altogether grin grin cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by yinkeys(m): 1:09pm On Dec 21, 2022
KanwuliaExtra:
She ain't lying. Same with INDIAN FOOD! cheesy
The reason I carry a food flask. Keeps my food warm.
Sometimes, I want to eat dry fish stew with my rice. How can you warm such a pungent concoction in a closed public space with a clear conscience? undecided

The school teachers have the same problems too and had to BAN ALL ETHNIC FOODS in classrooms in one of the schools over here.
I DON'T BLAME THEM.

The saddest part is that the funky smell takes FOREVER to dissipate.

Please, respect the health of others. . . . . go to a public cafeteria, warm my food and go eat in YOUR car.

We should learn to be considerate.
A fat American woman has told me this before
Some Nigerian delicacies stink she says grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by fluffybaby(f): 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2022
In all honesty, our traditional foods have pungent smell and can cling to things in the environment for long. They can go ahead and ban them from entering offices and schools

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by yinkeys(m): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2022
sharpwriter:

And you com belch for your supervisor face join, him go declare you monkey and Shrek altogether grin grin cheesy
grin
So there are no stinky white people food ?

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by FashionCookie(f): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
Akwa-Ibom man go say "Imayin"
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by advanceDNA: 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
Imagine opening FUFU in a public UK office with Olugbu Soup and keg of palm wine.

If Oyingbo smell that kind combination
Dem go deport you back to Nigeria

Reminds me of one old school song my dad listens to ...

Police!
Police!
He's committing suicide ooo
The black man wey dey there, is comitting sucide ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mindlog:

What of Indians whey no send anybody when it comes to their meals, dem go microwave am at work and everyone gets used to it.

People don't get used to it, they just tolerate it. Nobody says anything because they don't want to be accused of racism.

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by SeriouslySense(m): 1:12pm On Dec 21, 2022
smiley : Our villages should be somethign to be proud of and should be very peaceful, serene and developed. smiley smiley

Village people should be amazing.

Everything is mentality sha, black people have poor mentality, no kindness, and not good village neighbors. cool cool

brandsoncharlie:

One Naija girl said yesterday I am in a village in nigeria.
I told her, I am proud of my village where I come from, I told her na inferiority complex dey worry her, the thing shock her she begin tell me say she's from kogi state, Nigeria. I just laughed the mumu because initially she wasn't proud of being Nigerian and her village where she originate from.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 1:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Loool.. its actually cheaper to bring oyinbo food as packed lunch tho cos our african food stuffs are imported
Maybe sandwiches and yoghurt lol, but if they want something warm, our african foods will end up being the better choice because homemade chips and burger will just end up soggy hahaha so they'll just end up getting it fresh from outside anyway

To be honest, the most 'ethnic' food I've seen at work is probably rice, never seen anyone eat soups in the office lool

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sharpwriter(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2022
yinkeys:

grin
So there are no stinky white people food ?
Dem plenty now, they are just being intolerant.. Dem be Yẹ̀yẹ́ people cheesy
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Pootle: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
NgwaManeatyou2:
wink We are tired of reports from this useless country called England, if not for foolish leaders United kingdom will be a visa free for Nigerians with interest, people who smells like puke and look like alien creatures have the gut to insult Nigerian food with their albino mouth and this lady is ranting without smacking the hell outta their dirty asses.

oga i think they tired of our brothers and sisters disturbing there peace over there too...we need to fix our homeland

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by brandsoncharlie: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2022
SeriouslySense:
smiley : Our villages should be somethign to be proud of and should be very peaceful, serene and developed. smiley smiley

Village people should be amazing.

Everything is mentality sha, black people have poor mentality, no kindness, and not good village neighbors.

I tell you, I was even surprised when a Uganda lady was telling me that she only know the fulani people in nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 1:18pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Maybe sandwiches and yoghurt lol, but if they want something warm, our african foods will end up being the better choice because homemade chips and burger will just end up soggy hahaha so they'll just end up getting it fresh from outside anyway

To be honest, the most 'ethnic' food I've seen at work is probably rice, never seen anyone eat soups in the office lool

Only rice? Do you live in London?

Some of the Africans at my workplace bring pounded yam and efo!!! They don't gaf

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by meobizy(f): 1:19pm On Dec 21, 2022
Her problem.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by yinkeys(m): 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2022
sharpwriter:

Dem plenty now, they are just being intolerant.. Dem be Yẹ̀yẹ́ people cheesy
I heard that some Indian foods can damage one’s nasal openings permanently grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ola9ja(m): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
I swear this girl na big fool,
What would you say about smell of Indian and Chinese cuisines, very unfortunate human that was lucky to travel.

Low life donkey.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by ibkayee(f): 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
1Sharon:

Only rice? Do you live in London?

Some of the Africans at my workplace bring pounded yam and efo!!! They don't gaf

Yeah I live in London but my workplace has a very small ratio of black people who I don't really work in close proximity with

Pounded yam? I'm screaming! Lmaooo grin grin grin
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by goody234: 1:21pm On Dec 21, 2022
Crayfish is the worst if you reheat it in soup ..lord the smell is awful

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by sharpwriter(m): 1:24pm On Dec 21, 2022
yinkeys:

I heard that some Indian foods can damage one’s nasal openings permanently grin
They eat a lot of spice, sometimes raw... Imagine chewing on onions and garlic in your diet everyday uncooked wink

1 Like

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2022
Especially people from Yahaya Bello state. Their food smells like hell.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by emmanuelpeace1(m): 1:27pm On Dec 21, 2022
Streetmovement:
Wotoporiously cool speaking

grin

This is what happens when a low life opportunistic eel mouthed rag of a bitch makes it to the UK without proper knowledge of her heritage and global awareness, chai who ever sent this idiot there must be regretting now either alive or in their graves.

Na her type dey easily dey Manipulated by the whites by turning against their own people, when you been dey naija the food no smell because you don jazz in UK the food don dey smell grin

Mumu girl, I laugh in peace
Bullshit
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by 1Sharon(f): 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
ibkayee:

Yeah I live in London but my workplace has a very small ratio of black people who I don't really work in close proximity with

Pounded yam? I'm screaming! Lmaooo grin grin grin

Every time I see someone whip out pounded yam, it just crack me up grin

I really think they should lay all out like that only when they're at home embarassed

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Litmus: 1:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXBxSWDgxgo

A Nigerian lady in the UK hinted that the UK wants to ban Nigerian food in offices because of the smell and that she supports the motion, Citing that our local delicacy smells bad whenever it's being warmed in offices in the UK.

Yet she would be scuffing Indian curry and Chinese chicken fried rice that also has strong aroma. Soon they will be secretly petitioning authorities to ban Afrobeat concerts.

Black jealousy of other progressive blacks is the leading cause of the crap that has seen the rest of the world overpowering black people generally.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by grandstar(m): 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2022
Mindlog:

That's it. It will take time for people to get accustomed to our cooking. I'm very sure it was that way when the Indians began.

A Mexican kid in the US used to be ashamed taken his meals to school worried that his classmates would make fun of him. His mum told him to share some with his classmates instead, and they loved it! I think it was a taco. This was like 40 years ago, so Mexican food was little known in the US back then.

It will take some time getting used to our food or they may make it continental which would make the smell and taste globally acceptable
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by MAIKON: 1:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
Olympiacos:
Na Igbo fufu be that. Na their fufu dey always smell bad and strong even though you washed your hands hundred times, e go still dey smell till next day. Fear Igbo fufu

Lol grin like Akpu
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by Goodman247: 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2022
Uk these, UK that, Nigerians are very mischievous people
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by dazzlingd(m): 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2022
Why would someone carry local foods to offices.
Respects others and eat your fufu and vegetables in your closet

2 Likes

Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by gaby(m): 2:01pm On Dec 21, 2022
Hopebringer:

You are a talkative

Everyone knows.

So, what do you plan on doing about it mofo?

Asswipe..
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by idrisaleo1: 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2022
Las las na every food deh smell. I find disgusting the smell of Asian foods, most especially those from Thailand, Vietnam, and China. India foods, can be really strong as well. But I guess I can still tolerate that.

A soup without locust beans is a useless one. Me that I cook Jollof rice and iru. Make we de manage ourselves oo.
Re: UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices by dazzlingd(m): 2:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
Blizzy9ja:
That's how my boss will come and eat ogbono soup and fufu in a closed container office...

Sometimes in the presence of visitors, mostly foreign nationals... This Yoruba people sef

That’s not nice at all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.