Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,228 members, 7,822,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49766 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Karleb(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
A nurse coming from Nigeria where she is being paid 40k to 80k . Goes to Uk earning 25k pounds a year plus overtime. You think that nurse in the short term ( 3 to 5 years) see that as low wages This guy rest, you are not interested in travelling ( even tho you once said you sponsored your brother to ireland). What is your obsession with japa topics Is there some amiss someone where My friends that were earning 400k in audit firms here a month went to uk and got salaries of 45k to 60k pounds a year. Wetin concern them with strike or living expenses.

I just shake my head when I hear people discourage others from going to UK because there are too many Nigerians there or some low salary problems.

On a 40k/year salary, an average Nigerian will live comfortably in UK.

It is not like Nigeria where you stay on a salary for years, the harder you work the more you can possibly earn.

I love those londoners, they enjoy life over there and discourage you from coming over. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Treadway: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

Like I said before if your annual income in a developed country is not in 6 digits forget it. There is a different between living a lifestyle and renting it. The living costs there are much higher, rent is paid monthly, medicare is expensive, you have to get permits and licenses for things we take here for granted. Raising children is more expensive, taxation much more higher, here you can keep millions in your account no one bothers you over there witnout some form of immunity that money will be taken from you.

Making a lot of money without knowing how to keep it in your pocket is another route to poverty.
exactly. If 60k is big man money, wetin we go call those earning over 120k? A good number of firms pay their entry level guys ard 60k in the UK. Not to mention, no one is talking about what the net pay comes to after taxes. Even the .gov link one fella posted earlier, he decided to only show the excel page on gross pay rather than the page of the actual net take home..more earnings, more taxes...lol

60k in fact, in truth and in figures is above average salary. A truly comfortable salary, but nowhere near great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kaycee54321(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

I have found way to keep my expenses low.

Please show me the way embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Ok thanks, noted. Na internet stories I just dey na why. Thanks, now I see why a lot go to the Uk, looks like it’s easier to migrate there.
£60k no b small money

Is a lot of money and very few British earn up to 60k and above.

Salary is not high in the UK like the USA.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Manofnaija: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
The worst of Uk is better than the best of Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by mikebabs101: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2022
clinician2x:

Kileleyi are you saying they are better off with the 400k a month in Nigeria?

You are a fool.
The argument is seriously dumb and annoying. As a data analyst in IT , you will sweat before you can even get a Nigeria Job paying 350k , the jobs no even dey like that , where as in UK , the average salary is about 50k pounds and in Canada and US it's 60k USD to 85k for an entry level position, not to even mention better life quality you will enjoy those countries. Someone struggling to get an IT job of 400k in Nigeria will comfortably land a similar role in UK paying around 3million naira if converted to naira. Now tell me if an advice not to Japa don't seem very stupid

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by mechanics(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2022
Lolz, the pay over there is better than here, that's why some Nigerians are leaving their work here.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Mindcure: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol
So you de Canada now?

How de freezing Cold bro?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ArcFresky(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.

grin grin grin
The ignorance of converting hard currency… you sef go naa, go experience am
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ugbarreta(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2022
That pay you’re calling poor salary is over 3m a month so why won’t they leave. What’s your minimum wage in Nigeria 30knaira. Minimum wage in the Uk is 10pounds per hour, do the mathematics yourself.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sulaak(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

Skilled Nigerians are getting the low pay that the British don't want. The Nigerians are highly motivated and skilled. The majority of the Nursing course in the UK are self-financed by Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2022
Kaycee54321:

Please show me the way embarassed

It is nothing special. I noticed most remote workers suffer lifestyle inflation, so I had to do my best to manage that urge. I have been cooking at home for the most part of 2022 and I only bought things that are necessary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Winnin009: 11:22am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?

This your question is funny! Are you in anyway trying to imply that there might be an upside to collecting 80k Naira a month (960k a year) instead of 50m+ Naira a year because you have to pay taxes?!

Don’t you pay taxes in Nigeria?! Don’t you pay for your basic amenities?!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ArcFresky(m): 11:22am On Dec 28, 2022
mikebabs101:
The argument is seriously dumb and annoying. As a data analyst in IT , you will sweat before you can even get a Nigeria Job paying 350k , the jobs no even dey like that , where as in UK , the average salary is about 50k pounds and in Canada and US it's 60k USD to 85k for an entry level position, not to even mention better life quality you will enjoy those countries. Someone struggling to get an IT job of 400k in Nigeria will comfortably land a similar role in UK paying around 3million naira if converted to naira. Now tell me if an advice not to Japa don't seem very stupid

Its actually nice for people who have relevant IT, medical skills… not someone that has no skills
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kaycee54321(m): 11:24am On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

It is nothing special. I noticed most remote workers suffer lifestyle inflation, so I had to do my best to manage that urge. I have been cooking at home for the most part of 2022 and I only bought things that are necessary.

That cooking ehn. Jeez. It has been HELL. You need to see me on Saturdays. Kudos to you oh

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by CheedyJ(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2022
Parachoko:
How many person dey earn up to 60k in a year in England?

£60k is a lot of money, don't be fooled
Don't mind them, they probably think that because EPL top stars earn huge weekly wages so, it's like that across boards.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Sweetvie: 11:27am On Dec 28, 2022
hustla:

Better than the UK

cheesy grin
Way better
You can't even compare the two
Australia is on another level smiley
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sulaak(m): 11:27am On Dec 28, 2022
Mindcure:
So you de Canada now?

How de freezing Cold bro?

Olodo

In 1982 Nigeria minimum wage was N125 ($1 -= N1) = $125 per month

In 2022 Nigeria's minimum wage is N30,000 ($1 = N750 -900) = approx $42 per month ( with inflation now unofficially over 50%) A cleaning job in the UK is better than an accounting job in Lagos.

Nigerians have never had it so bad, the politician has successfully stolen the country's future.

6 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Sweetvie: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2022
sulaak:

Skilled Nigerians are getting the low pay that the British don't want. The Nigerians are highly motivated and skilled. The majority of the Nursing course in the UK are self-financed by Nigerians

Wow! 90% on the list are Nigerians shocked

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Advision: 11:32am On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
That is thisame question i was about to ask, they don't know that 60k pounds annually is nothing to write home about. Nigerians need to learn that it is not as easy as their think.

£60K is nothing to write home about in the UK? Oga go and sleep. Everyone comes here to form travel expert.

£60k is a very good middle class salary in the UK that affords you all the basic good things - good mortgage, new cars e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Papichulostunne(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Their poor salary na triple out minimum wages
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Advision: 11:33am On Dec 28, 2022
Parachoko:
How many person dey earn up to 60k in a year in England?

£60k is a lot of money, don't be fooled

Dont mind the funny guy, people forming expert on nairaland.

May be because they hear footballers earn £300,000 a week, they assume its like that for everybody in the UK

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Anunakeeh: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2022
The Worst of the Worst situation of UK Is hundred times better than Nigeria's Best Situation

So you can Rest now.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Elidrisy20: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2022
Declining Nation
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kirchoffs: 11:34am On Dec 28, 2022
My Aunty aboard sent me 5k for Christmas, I don’t know if to be angry, i wanted to send it back to her honestly but I’d rather dash someone.

I really thank God for my life , the way he has lifted me up and changed my story for good.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

We just dey manage am because Lagos is the only city where you can get everything at once. I have found way to keep my expenses low. Na black tax be major problem now.

No lies. I done think am, I done observe. I still never see any other class of immigrants that come close to those in America. Just say the country too hard to enter, but naso e suppose be. grin grin
That's the only country I am anticipating to visit. Uncle Sam remains the number one country for any Nigerian that truly desire to make money while young.

But raising kids, hell NO!

I love United States so much cool

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2022
Anunakeeh:
The Worst of the Worst situation of UK Is hundred times better than Nigeria's Best Situation

So you can Rest now.
Hahahahaha, wahala be like Tinubu's used diapers cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kirchoffs: 11:36am On Dec 28, 2022
mikebabs101:
My programmer friend here in Naija earns over 3m monthly here in Naija from the comfort of his home . IT guys here in Naija are swimming in money , hence no need to relocate except the offer is too good

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by mikebabs101: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
ArcFresky:

Its actually nice for people who have relevant IT, medical skills… not someone that has no skills
It's not just people in IT .I gave the IT example cos it's my field and I know the reality. The fact is it's the same for almost all profession irrespective of the difference in economy . Teachers in Nigeria and in some private schools earns about 30k monthly . Same teacher will mostly earn nothing less 2m in UK , even after house rent , feeding and tax , the person can't have it that bad not to be save 500k if he knows what he's doing compared to the 30k or 50k he was getting as a teacher in Nigeria

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Thastie(f): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
I have only been in the UK for 3 months and I have sent 1.2m naira home. If I was still in Nigeria I wouldn't have been able to send anything with my 95k salary. My dad n mom would still be sick and we would have to beg rich relatives to assists.
Also I have spent £1300 in bringing my spouse here so don't be naive.
Just migrate in the right way.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Regex: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
That's the only country I am anticipating to visit. Uncle Sam remains the number one country for any Nigerian that truly desire to make money while young.

But raising kids, hell NO!

I love United States so much cool

Bleep uncle Sam.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by BigDawsNet: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
That wages that is small in uk eyes is bigger in Nigeria eyes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / #EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.