Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:42 AM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49758 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 12:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

You are not getting a mortgage for a £450k house with £60k alone unless you have a very large deposit

Like I said, the poster was exaggerating (or just didn’t know what he was talking about) when he called it ‘nothing to write home about’, however it’s not wealthy money in London, just decent
Haba you k now waht I mean nah, I dnt need to go down the neety gritty,ofcos there must be at least 10%, what I'm saying is for that wage you credit rating is at top bar, prime minister earns £110k so @ £70 you re doing well.If you earn 30k but get deposit of 100k and I earn 70k but get deposit of 70k, I am at advantage than the 100k deposit guy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
In uk cost of living is very high and her citizen are complaining. The reason why most Nigerians see 60k pounds as reasonable is because of the depreciation of our currency (naira). Think about it, if 1 pound was equal to 1 naira, who will kill his/herself living in the UK.
Okay, so tell me how much should be enough to earn in the UK that would be enough. An average worker in the UK do not earn £60k, mind you most jobs in the UK are ussually menial jobs, to earn £60k you must be more than an average earner. £60k is seen as a very decent earning, The british prime minister is on £85k salary a year.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Ooh nice, I hope you enjoy Brazil smiley
I go try, I dey look for those we don go Sao Paulo b4, I need feedback for where to go hang out!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by advanceDNA: 12:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

Nigerians are working in UK with exchange rate in mind.....unlike the whites...

Husband and wife...earning around 2k each can both jointly save nothing less 1000£ per month...thats like 850k per month in naira and over 10 million per year... 15 years plan with improvement and growth will get them a fat crib and some investment in naija.. move back to naija and and be lounging on their pension (800£)

9 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
Okay, so tell me how much should be enough to earn in the UK that would be enough. An average worker in the UK do not earn £60k, mind you most jobs in the UK are ussually [b]menial job[/b]s, to earn £60k you must be more than an average earner.
@ bolded where do you get this from? Manial Jobs are for the Eastern Europeans. Nigerians rarely do those!
The average Nigerian now come to the UK documented, we are more aware and prepared.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
advanceDNA:

Nigerians are working in UK with exchange rate in mind.....unlike the whites...

Husband and wife...earning around 2k each can both jointly save nothing less 1000£ per month...thats like 850k per month in naira and over 10 million per year... 15 years plan with improvement and growth will get them a fat crib and some investment in naija.. move back to naija and and be lounging on their pension (800£)
You very well gerrrrit
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EvangDrGeo: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
i am not an agent nor the embassy . The only person i can bring to Canada is parents, wife or kids. Canada immigration doesn’t work that way, you cannot also write licensing exams while on visit visa. For a doctor finish ya program work a little. Find your way to uk, usa , Saudi or Australia

When you say "find your way". Not everyone is equipped with the information to find his way. There are scams around. Many! That's why I was seeking a guide from some who not just knows the way but have already passed through the way.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by PJ123: 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
Don't mind Nigerians jareh.

For anybody living in Nigeria and earning less than 1million a month, UK is far better for that person.

Unless you are earning above 1million in Nigeria, then I can say migrating to the UK is not a smart decision, but for those earning less than 1million monthly in Nigeria, please if you can, migrate to UK legally, e get why grin

So what should be your advice to my sis with CFA, earning #900k monthly, and with her her yearly bonus, her monthly package will be more than 1.5M. Aside the fact she will definitely get a promotion next year?
She wants to migrate to UK. She has tried US once but didn't click. I have advised her to try US more than UK but she feels US wahala is much and hence considering UK .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by goody234: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
All you guys that want to Japa one advice ...never ever sell your property in naija to raise funds.. borrow from a naija bank or whatever but do not sell your property
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
PJ123:

So what should be your advice to my sis with CFA, earning #900k monthly, and with her her yearly bonus, her monthly package will be more than 1.5M. Aside the fact she will definitely get a promotion next year?
She wants to migrate to UK. She has tried US once but didn't click. I have advised her to try US more than UK but she feels US wahala is much and hence considering UK .

can she save N1m monthly?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

Haba you k now waht I mean nah, I dnt need to go down the neety gritty,ofcos there must be at least 10%, what I'm saying is for that wage you credit rating is at top bar, prime minister earns £110k so @ £70 you re doing well.If you earn 30k but get deposit of 100k and I earn 70k but get deposit of 70k, I am at advantage than the 100k deposit guy
It must be more than 10% o lol, with an annual salary of £60k, banks are loaning you around £270k max, meaning you'll need to cough up about 40% for the deposit which is £180k

Yeah you're in a much better position with 70k salary and a 70k deposit but you still won't be able to afford the 450k house either
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

I go try, I dey look for those we don go Sao Paulo b4, I need feedback for where to go hang out!
My friend has been to Sao Paulo before and she loved it, check travel review sites for people's experiences
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bonnyhope: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year

How person wan take get the visa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
EvangDrGeo:

When you say "find your way". Not everyone is equipped with the information to find his way. There are scams around. Many! That's why I was seeking a guide from some who not just knows the way but have already passed through the way.
first of all you don’t qualify for immigration as it is. Till you get like 2 years work experience. Even if you get invitation letter you are not likely to get visit visa based on home ties. That someone has travelled does not mean the process they used is still available. I went with express entry that required high scores in ielts, degree, 3 years experience. The scores i used to enter then in 2019 is too low today because of increased competition. The travel section on nairaland has threads on different migration processes to uk, Canada and all those countries. Read them

https://www.nairaland.com/6748312/uk-skilled-worker-visa-health
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

@ bolded where do you get this from? Manial Jobs are for the Eastern Europeans. Nigerians rarely do those!
The average Nigerian now come to the UK documented, we are more aware and prepared.
Maybe, besides i didn't confine menial jobs to nigerians alone, i meant, in general. I have come across many nigerians in menial jobs. By menial jobs what did you think i meant? Anyone working at a train station cleaning, checking tickets, train conductors, traffick wardens, waiter in a restuarant, refuse loader or a road sweeper,all are classed as menial jobs. Nigerians do these jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

So true, I find myself wasting money so much more when working remotely. Especially on food

You see that food ehn? It took a lot of discipline to wean myself of junks and carbonated drinks.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

You see that food ehn? It took a lot of discipline to wean myself of junks and carbonated drinks.
Carbonated drinks are my kryptonite sad
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Regex: 12:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

But U can visit SA

Yeah, I can visit South America.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by LaconicINC: 12:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
Why are there threads popping up every where discouraging people from japa(ing) if it's that bad make una come back na, make we switch places! Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Regex: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
Thastie:
I have only been in the UK for 3 months and I have sent 1.2m naira home. If I was still in Nigeria I wouldn't have been able to send anything with my 95k salary. My dad n mom would still been sick and we would have to beg rich relatives to assists.
Also I have spent £13000 in bringing my spouse here so don't be naive.
Just migrate in the right way.

Nigerians wants where they will go and cash out £1m within weeks of arrival. Money weh I spend this Christmas, by this time last year I could not even afford one-tenth of it.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by PJ123: 12:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

can she save N1m monthly?
Anyway, I don't know how she saves monthly because she's not accountable to me. She recently finished a building project for her parent and I am sure she has have over #25M cash after the building project.
As to what she saves, I have no idea. I got to about her cash in the bank when someone approached her for POF through me.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Regex: 12:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
You really need to visit US before you join your ancestors oh cheesy

Its now on my 2023/2024 todo list finally grin

There are a lot of opportunities in the US, even for a person visiting for business.

US is the home of used automobile spare parts business, a multimillion naira business that sells with ease. So its a wonderful country, you really need to change your mindset and plan a visit to the US

Unless it is business wise, like you have pointed out, normally, I don't have that motivation to visit USA
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by cardoctor(m): 12:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
No be crase dey worry dem?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by wink2015(m): 12:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Goodbadbowy419:
Uk don cast tey tey nah

BUT THE BRITISH POUND IS ONE OF THE WORLD 'S STRONGEST CURRENCY ?

How do you explain this to an African who believe the more the currency has value the more attractive that place should be !
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by 8stargeneral: 12:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
Thastie:
I have only been in the UK for 3 months and I have sent 1.2m naira home. If I was still in Nigeria I wouldn't have been able to send anything with my 95k salary. My dad n mom would still been sick and we would have to beg rich relatives to assists.
Also I have spent £13000 in bringing my spouse here so don't be naive.
Just migrate in the right way.
please am coming there in a month time...i would like to have your contact please.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by omojeesu(m): 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
End times economic manipulations.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by oreirenimi: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
PJ123:

Tell your sister to keep working and saving and give US another shot.

With her monthly salary and prospect, resigning to migrate to UK might not be a good or smart decision, unless she is married with kids and maybe her hubby isn't earning as much as she does, then the option of migrating to UK might be cool. If she is not married tell her to stay back and save more

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 12:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Food is nice cheesy
hehe, my Son and I think otherwise, we barely eat just to survive. I hate food and my son inherited same from me.

I can go a whole day without eating.

I wonder why people like food so much atimes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by okuta007: 12:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

When I say Nigerians planning to japa even when they are doing ok financially in Nigeria are mu gu people think I am not being fair - The UK is about to be hit by economic hardship which is unprecedented and every married couple in the UK will be hit with 40,000 pounds extra tax over the next 10 years

They know they can not get this money only from the UK CITIZENS of today- so they dangle their visas to NIGERIANS and other unsuspecting immigrant and they will so tax you that after wasting 25 years of your life there- they will not even grant you citizenship because you are a guest worker and when their economy rebounds- they will ship all of you back home and when you get to Nigeria - they would have stolen all your oil wealth through demagogues like bulablu buhairy - or the other Dubai Thief

My people - wake up, all this insecurity and hardship was brought upon us by these colonial masters so the best and brightest of us can escape while they impose touts as our leaders and pilfer our common wealth - so sad!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by jedisco(m): 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?

What percentage of UK workers earn above £60k?
I'd easily choose a 60k job in the UK over a 1.5m monthly job in Nigeria.

The average salary in the UK is £38k

How does the 'average wage earner in the UK get by?

All the talk about UK salary increase is due to inflation of 10%. When was the last time our inflation rate was at 10%.

When comparing the UK to Nigeria, relativity is important.

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Regex:

Unless it is business wise, like you have pointed out, normally, I don't have that motivation to visit USA
Generally US is a great country.

The only things I don't like about America are:

Their LGBTQ laws
Their gun violence and refusal to control gun usage.

These 2 things are the only major things I dislike abour America and reason they aren't good for raising kids.

But money making and security of lives and properties are topnotch.

If not for language barrier, the next countries I would prefer to raise kids are:

South Korea
Sweden
Norway

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (23) (Reply)

Missing Titanic Sub Likely Imploded In ‘catastrophic Loss’ / The Odyssey. Narrative Of A Nigerian Nurse. (PROPRIETARY CONTENT) / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.