Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49777 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Tecord1(m): 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

The money is only high when compared to the naira, its a function of the exchange rate, 35000 dollars or pounds per year in US or UK is a poor wage by their standards. What can you really accomplish with that in the midst of high living expenses?

If you left Nigeria for good why are you talking of converting your foreign wages to naira? Why cant you invest over there and forget Nigeria papapata.
@bolded is not correct. Pls receiving that amount will give you a very comfortable life here in the UK except you are the type that live for the glam. With that salary, you can buy a house, a very good and modern car without sweating it. So abeg no talk writing you no know. My 2 cents sha

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Mindcure: 11:40am On Dec 28, 2022
sulaak:

Olodo

In 1982 Nigeria minimum wage was N125 ($1 -= N1) = $125 per month

In 2022 Nigeria's minimum wage is N30,000 ($1 = N750 -900) = approx $42 per month ( with inflation now unofficially over 50%) A cleaning job in the UK is better than an accounting job in Lagos.

Nigerians have never had it so bad, the politician has successfully stolen the country's future.
ewu

You haven't answered my question.

How is the freezing cold dealing with you?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

One mans meat is another mans poison ,Nigerians can manage where the Uk people cant. If we have such rights like the Uk people, we will strike more than them!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by able20(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerians should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, and Australia .... these countries are great...
African mentality is bad. Some of you nigerians are on constant transit, searching for the best country on earth but never find one.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
Leave the OVB123 mumu. The Ediot is relocating from port harcourt to benin, from one zoo to another talking trash about uK PEOPLE. Even homeless people in the Uk is way better than him
You too dey vex grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 11:41am On Dec 28, 2022
To married men earning less than 1million Naira monthly and to single Nigerians earning less than 500,000 Naira monthly, Nigeria of today can never be better than any country in the world, even countries at war like Syria, Yemen, Ukraine are all far better than Nigeria of today, sadly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Dec 28, 2022
Mindcure:
ewu

You haven't answered my question.

How is the freezing cold dealing with you?
E never reach vowlence time, Him 2 fit ask you how the heat and mosquito dey deal with you grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:43am On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
Leave the OVB123 mumu. The Ediot is relocating from port harcourt to benin, from one zoo to another talking trash about uK PEOPLE. Even homeless people in the Uk is way better than him
This one off me, from PH to BC , I don die grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by PROPEACE: 11:43am On Dec 28, 2022
Niftkid:

Wawu this ur lie fit remold slack Toto just dey play . grin
It's actually not a lie. The salaries in Australia are very high, like twice that of US, but so is the cost of living grin . The rent is extremely high. I hear they pay tent weekly. grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

The money is only high when compared to the naira, its a function of the exchange rate, 35000 dollars or pounds per year in US or UK is a poor wage by their standards. What can you really accomplish with that in the midst of high living expenses?

If you left Nigeria for good why are you talking of converting your foreign wages to naira? Why cant you invest over there and forget Nigeria papapata.
people get Mortgage on such salary. Feed.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2022
Regex:

Bleep uncle Sam.
lol, US is a great country bro.

I don't live there, neither have I ever stepped into the US but I have close friends, former colleagues, close family members living there and they are all doing well

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:44am On Dec 28, 2022
PROPEACE:

It's actually not a lie. The salaries in Australia are very high, like twice that of US, but so is the cost of living grin . The rent is extremely high. I hear they pay tent weekly. grin
Now you man are Joking right?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2022
nedekid:

Months now I have being looking for sales girls, for where, why work when you can nack 3 guys a day 5k, 10? .
The pay also matter

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by toprealman: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
Same old story.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by toprealman: 11:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Check the exchange rate..... that's why.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2022
expertman:
As of today ticket to Sydney is 2.8M return ticket ooooo. Minus visa ooooo.

Australia visa takes about 4months for process ooooo.

Why would anyone in Nigeria want to relocate to Australia if not for free
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Regex: 11:48am On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
lol, US is a great country bro.

I don't live there, neither have I ever stepped into the US but I have close friends, former colleagues, close family members living there and they are all doing well

I don't have the motivation to visit the country even though I have resources to.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
A nurse coming from Nigeria where she is being paid 40k to 80k . Goes to Uk earning 25k pounds a year plus overtime. You think that nurse in the short term ( 3 to 5 years) see that as low wages This guy rest, you are not interested in travelling ( even tho you once said you sponsored your brother to ireland). What is your obsession with japa topics Is there some amiss someone where My friends that were earning 400k in audit firms here a month went to uk and got salaries of 45k to 60k pounds a year. Wetin concern them with strike or living expenses.
E japa in his dream, I found out here very quickly that those whom Visa applications had frustrated had these irreversible vendetta as to Japa .The are bent on Bad belle on anyone who wants to JAPA. who BB help

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:49am On Dec 28, 2022
Regex:

I don't have the motivation to visit the country even though I have resources to.
But U can visit SA
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EvangDrGeo: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
while i was in Nigeria i could not save 200k comfortably in my audit firm job, driving a 2005 car, no money for holiday, access to world class healthcare equipment lol. In Canada at same audit firm, i could easily save 2k Canadian dols after tax and bills, drive a modern car, afford holidays etc. left the audit firm after a year to a better job. Do as you like your body go tell lol

I am a young Medical Doctor in Nigeria. I am currently doing my residency in Psychiatry Medicine in OAUTH.

Can you help me to Canada. I will pay whatever it would take when I arrive cos I am not sure I have enough funds to process travel expenses due to so many people relying on my little monthly pay here because they all think a Doctor is rich.

Maybe anyone you know could send me invitation. I can my write the licensing exam when I arrive or do some paramedical (medical assistant) jobs till I get full license. And I I'll forever be indebted to you.

I am single and from Owo, Ondo state.

Whatsapp(09016224218)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Advision: 11:49am On Dec 28, 2022
matm:
High exchange rate from pound to dollar is the reason for japa.One pound is N543.00.
Now if ur salary in UK is a paltry N3000 a month.
N3000 times N543=N1629000 a month in naira.
If u are sending just IK home monthly, it's equivalent to N543000. which is far greater than the salary of a Court Judge here in Nigeria.
That's why people love japa

Where did you get pounds for N543? Dollar seff you cant get for this amount. If you see anyone willing to sell dollar for this amount, let me know, I will buy it off him and pay you 5% finders commission
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

The money is only high when compared to the naira, its a function of the exchange rate, 35000 dollars or pounds per year in UK is a poor wage by their standards. What can you really accomplish with that in the midst of high living expenses?
See the way you dey lie boadly shocked sad angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by meobizy(f): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2022
I will tell you when I get there.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by mmsen: 11:50am On Dec 28, 2022
checkmatez:
The aim is to rewrite you and your generation history by starting a family(present and future) in a country where things work. Being a citizen that can be allowed to travel and interact with various developed nations without scrutinized visa application processes as a free being.
It's bigger than having wads of cash and investment in a declining country but shallow minds don't understand.

Who told you that you will not be scrutinized? As a black person you will still be scrutinized. Within your new country, even your children will be. But keep deceiving yourself. Maybe if more of you leave Africa it will become more manageable. Especially those of you who are intent on reaping where you did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Tecord1(m): 11:50am On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
In uk cost of living is very high and her citizen are complaining. The reason why most Nigerians see 60k pounds as reasonable is because of the depreciation of our currency (naira). Think about it, if 1 pound was equal to 1 naira, who will kill his/herself living in the UK.
pls allow me break it down for you.
Using a salary of £25,100per annum,£2100 per month
Rent(2bedroom flat)=£550 depending on city/town
Food=£300
Tax=£505 (all tax inclusive)
Utility bills= £150
Transport= £100
Total = £1100
Balance= £800

Like i said before except you want to leave above your means, you will live comfortable
If you bought a house instead of renting, you pay about £350 monthly depending on the value of house you bought.

I hope this helps

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 11:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Mindcure:
So you de Canada now?

How de freezing Cold bro?
this was yesterday. https://www.nairaland.com/7499199/ice-skating-nathan-philips-square. Not everywhere is freezing
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Mindcure: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2022
erico2k2:

E never reach vowlence time, Him 2 fit ask you how the heat and mosquito dey deal with you grin grin grin
grin grin grin

Bro, him already get those experience from nija before.

Most of them haughty migrants they always see and paint Nigerian context too harsh, where as you can actually make good money here and go for vacations in western countries.

Not everyone wants to be employee, some prefer to be employers.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Jack500: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Thastie:
I have only been in the UK for 3 months and I have sent 1.2m naira home. If I was still in Nigeria I wouldn't have been able to send anything with my 95k salary. My dad n mom would still been sick and we would have to beg rich relatives to assists.
Also I have spent £13000 in bringing my spouse here so don't be naive.
Just migrate in the right way.

Which work you dey do for UK?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Geovanni412:

Inflation is destroying the earnings of the average worker in UK. Inflation hit about 9 percent officially some months back in UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFz5g_RBwiQ

If is base on inflation rate, what is the inflation rate in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Regex:

You really need to visit US before you join your ancestors oh cheesy

Its now on my 2023/2024 todo list finally grin

There are a lot of opportunities in the US, even for a person visiting for business.

US is the home of used automobile spare parts business, a multimillion naira business that sells with ease. So its a wonderful country, you really need to change your mindset and plan a visit to the US

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by erico2k2(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Mindcure:
grin grin grin

Bro, him already get those experience from nija before.

Most of them haughty migrants they always see and paint Nigerian context too harsh, where as you can actually make good money here and go for vacations in western countries.

Not everyone wants to be employee, some prefer to be employers.
ahah True that
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Shakitibob0: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
how much does he make,please?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

#EndSARS: Tanker Drivers Shutdown Yola- Jalingo Highway Over Police Brutality / Eight Annoying Questions Nigerian Airport Officials Ask International Travellers / 3rd Mainland Bridge Construction Work Causes Ghastly Accident (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.