Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30214 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by world123: 9:24am On Dec 24, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

There are students with vocation skills, who earn genuine income. With these they pay their bills at school.

As for OP, I think your mum has another lady for you. Bring the your girls home often,s o she get familiar with her.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 9:28am On Dec 24, 2022
world123:

There are students with vocation skills, who earn genuine income. With these they pay their bills at school.

As for OP, I think your mum has another lady for you. Bring the your girls home often,s o she get familiar with her.
But is she with any vocation skills since the op said clearly that she doesn't have any means of livelihood? Una dey fear to tell am the truth.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by WhisperedNoise: 9:42am On Dec 24, 2022
Justbehave:
Savings from where. How many students can safe from mere pocket money? Is her family wealthy? Read what he wrote and see that he never mentioned she came from a rich home. Truth hurts.Olosho work is also clean.Birds of a feather.
Lol
Mr Man, grow up. Shogbo? There's more to life than you can see. And I pray you heal from whatever form of trauma that has warped your thinking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 9:46am On Dec 24, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

Lol
Mr Man, grow up. Shogbo? There's more to life than you can see. And I pray you heal from whatever form of trauma that has warped your thinking.
The wise ones here knew I said the truth.But as you are also into such life,you will be trying to deny it.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by frozen70(f): 11:29am On Dec 24, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

Your comment is wise and practicable.

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by lereinter(m): 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2022
Why are you putting the cart before the horse
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Connected1: 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.
The bolded is where the problem lies.

Where does she get money from then?
You don't just accept gifts from people or loved ones because you are in need of it, atleast get to know where they got money to afford these things first because some may have ulterior motives behind their charity.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Oluneutral: 1:21pm On Dec 24, 2022
@op, personally, I'm looking at this scenario from another perspective.

Don't you think it looks and sounds somehow for your girlfriend to have started giving out her used clothes to your siblings? To me, it's somehow degrading.
Somewhere in your write-up there, you highlighted that you didn't like how your siblings dressed when you visited home. How did your girlfriend knew about this and how did your discussion ended up with dashing them her used clothes?
Isn't that selling your family cheap?
You know women now, the day you both fight, ehn, the first thing she will use to abuse you is how she rescued your siblings and mother from wearing rags.
This is not a good way to allow your girlfriend get closer to your family. This is nothing but see-finish syndrome,ie you have allowed your girlfriend to see your family finish.
Your girlfriend hadn't seen your sisters, even for once but she's already aware that they are short of beautiful dresses. Do you always discuss everything about your family with this your girlfriend?
What happened to fruits on her first visit?
How did she even know your sisters need clothes.
Even though, I don't buy into your mum's spirituality, but I love the way your mum dignified herself by rejecting those clothes for herself and your sisters.

Think about this.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by MarketDispatch: 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady y hurt her.

Why are you selling yourself/family cheap....

Your mum was very correct. Receive sense.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by kmaster007: 1:38pm On Dec 24, 2022
You better don't argue and accept ur faith... Mum see things you don't no
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by MarketDispatch: 1:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:

Oga there are students that come from well to do homes...I don't know the kind of ladies that you surround yourself with that makes you think every good looking lady is into prostitution.

The numerous number of young girls that dance naked in Strip clubs nowadays is alarming. They get lots of cash dancing naked, lap dancing, pole dancing, etc etc the list is endless....so shine ya. Eyes. If it quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, then it's probably a Duck

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Saintmary(f): 2:40pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:

grin grin you funny abeg, I no be Tony Umez,I am just concerned that she's reading meanings into a little act of kindness

Your Mom is wise, please don't accept any gifts until a proper relationship has been established between your Mom and your lady.

If Mama says no based on spirituality, please consider her opinion.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Saintmary(f): 2:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
Oluneutral:
@op, personally, I'm looking at this scenario from another perspective.

Don't you think it looks and sounds somehow for your girlfriend to have started giving out her used clothes to your siblings? To me, it's somehow degrading.
Somewhere in your write-up there, you highlighted that you didn't like how your siblings dressed when you visited home. How did your girlfriend knew about this and how did your discussion ended up with dashing them her used clothes?
Isn't that selling your family cheap?
You know women now, the day you both fight, ehn, the first thing she will use to abuse you is how she rescued your siblings and mother from wearing rags.
This is not a good way to allow your girlfriend get closer to your family. This is nothing but see-finish syndrome,ie you have allowed your girlfriend to see your family finish.
Your girlfriend hadn't seen your sisters, even for once but she's already aware that they are short of beautiful dresses. Do you always discuss everything about your family with this your girlfriend?
What happened to fruits on her first visit?
How did she even know your sisters need clothes.
Even though, I don't buy into your mum's spirituality, but I love the way your mum dignified herself by rejecting those clothes for herself and your sisters.

Think about this.

Your post is very sensible.

I think the OP is getting carried away.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
MarketDispatch:

The numerous number of young girls that dance naked in Strip clubs nowadays is alarming. They get lots of cash dancing naked, lap dancing, pole dancing, etc etc the list is endless....so shine ya. Eyes. If it quacks like a Duck, walks like a Duck, then it's probably a Duck
Finally.A wise one has just spoken.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Cheasystickylov: 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.
Please try and be rational, your mum might be very correct. But can you as a father accept gift from the future son or daughter in-law that you have not ?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by GboyegaD(m): 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:

She said I shouldn't send for the girls either, that the spiritual warfare of her children is her concern. I still plan to send the cloths to my sisters, I doubt they will forgive her if she stops them from wearing them cos I know all ladies loves cloths and these ones are too fine to be rejected.

Let her be. Provided you are convinced, time will sort things.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by texannaija: 8:19pm On Dec 24, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
@Supreme145, go and properly introduce her to your mum as the girl you wish to marry, if you have not done that already.

Some of our parents are highly principled

Thank you for this!. OP, Shey you dey hear?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Oluneutral: 9:42pm On Dec 24, 2022
Saintmary:

Your Mom is wise, please don't accept any gifts until a proper relationship has been established between your Mom and your lady.

If Mama says no based on spirituality, please consider her opinion.

Funny enough, mama could have just given spiritual reason to dissuade him from bringing those used clothes for her and her daughters. She might have wondered what could have led to a total stranger offering to give out her used clothes to her and her daughters. So, in order not to sound rude or ungrateful, she might have just given that spiritual gilberish as an excuse.

My assumption, please.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Jchi9876: 8:49am On Dec 25, 2022
Baba nla simpie mugu
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Evilblakman2: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

Religion is a disease of madness
Sorry but your mom is delusional

To your girlfriend, that’s an insult , insinuating that your girl is witch or something for a person you haven’t met … nah this is religious fanaticism and delusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:52am On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
I think it's a typo. There are called abaya. sumtin lime this and an average one goes for at least 25k while some go as far as 300k

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by samyj2477: 8:52am On Dec 25, 2022
peepydelano:
op no even care where she get money to buy all those things and he quickly bought her story of saving for it. This op no sharp gaskiya
the guy no sharp true. the mum get sense pass am and the mum know say even if they marry, e no go last....me sef done analyse am know already

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by AbujaCitiBlog: 8:53am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
I agree completely. You read the situation correctly. All his head is filled with images of her pussy!

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Evilblakman2: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:

This mentality needs to be scrapped next year
Because you don’t know if her parents are okay or she does some minor jobs … you just concluded like a woman

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Apophenia24k: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

So everyone living a good life is an olosho or yahoo boy.
There are a lot of online trading business that can change one's life for good.

By the way, Incase you have spare money, this is a good time to buy stocks

Bro
Please what stock?
Naija stocks?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by tarantino1: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Savings from where. How many students can safe from mere pocket money? Is her family wealthy? Read what he wrote and see that he never mentioned she came from a rich home. Truth hurts.Olosho work is also clean.Birds of a feather.

Reading your comments just dey piss me off this Christmas morning. I'm outta here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by chatinent: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Mom has the right to reject a gift for whatever reasons she deems fit.

The girl may be perfect for you, but you, man, introduce the girl to mom first before saying she rejected your girl. Mom is only seeing the gifts as a Greek one...which in a 100%, 80% are usually so.

Mom never even meet the girl.

See ehn, I am this person wey whoever I decide to be with, no one can change it..no one. So do the needful. I don't even support playing good to be accepted...just be you.

4 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by afrodoc2: 8:59am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Student that has no means of income is buying clothes like a freak and you no on the inner light of your brain? cheesy
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ipobarecriminals: 9:01am On Dec 25, 2022
sad there's nothing u can do to placate such woman.If u have the means/ready to settle down with dat girl,go to local govt and do registry with just 2 friends.Rent house and settle down/have ur own family. She go cool temper.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by tctrills: 9:02am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Congratulations your story just made front page. You should be proud of yourself, you have taken your mom to the front page. Great son.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Revolva(m): 9:02am On Dec 25, 2022
Wow bro you are a man already na

Be careful on how these gals get money to buy things for u

Ur mama don see everytin cos she knows how gals are

You are a lover boy ...o ..i don experience all dese ...dem no de trust gals finish ...y

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Feminism: The True Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.