Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30215 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

Una too get wahala for here...if girls bill you call them leeches, the few ones that are considerate and show concern you tag them pretenders. Someone that her dad stays abroad and sends her monthly allowance cant save 15k again.
Shatap. This na Wetin you just talk because you no wan accept the truth. Why you no write am before say her family get money? Na now weh we don tell you the truth you come dey revise. Chill abeg. Your mama get sense.

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:46pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
Ode. Did you tell us her parents are well to do?

I even thought I was communicating with someone reasonable, I don't have time to exchange insults...bye

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

So I come here to detail her autobiography for you, I only added it when you pointed it out
Exactly. It was an after thought after telling you the truth. You no want tell us about her but you no mind telling us say she no dey work and na student.Lol
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

I even thought I was communicating with someone reasonable, I don't have time to exchange insults...bye
Bye too. Your mama get sense pass you. She know Wetin dey.lol

7 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by DAramis: 4:51pm On Dec 23, 2022
OP

Just do a small official introduction. That is the proper thing to do ,especially this last month of the year.

Both of you can travel together to your place for Christmas holiday. That way, your mum, and sisters could interact with her (getting to know her).

NB: Only do this if the relationship is serious, and you plan on marrying her if all things are equal.

CC Supreme145
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Cutehector(m): 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Give her Belle.com
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by folak48: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
[quote author=Aareakinwunmi post=119373922]

So everyone living a good life is an olosho or yahoo boy.
There are a lot of online trading business that can change one's life for good.

By the way, Incase you have spare money, this is a good time to buy stocks [/quote

How did you come about your signature? It's the same as mine

I just discovered that someone changed mine without my knowledge, or are you the one?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aareakinwunmi(m): 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ceeceeuwa: 6:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

Una too get wahala for here...if girls bill you call them leeches, the few ones that are considerate and show concern you tag them pretenders. Someone that her dad stays abroad and sends her monthly allowance cant save 15k again.
Their hatred for women on this forum will not let them think well. I don't know the kind of women they grew up with that has reduced them to being misogynists.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Originalsly: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
Bro... paybattention to what your mother said .... she cannot accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. I suggest you sit your mother down ... let her know only this girl you find worthy and you would like to introduce her to the family. Bear in mind ... your mother may very well be afraid of losing you to the madame.... so you have to give her the assurance that you will never let a woman make you turn your back or sideline your mother... but then also throw in that you know she will love her as a daughter. After all this softening up... ask if it's OK to bring madam. If yes... then you allow madam to present the gifts herself. You already know women and cloth ... magnet and steel relationship ... but talking about cloth gifts is one thing... your mother can easily reject it... but to have it presented to her... regardless of what her mouth be saying her hands will reach out and grab. I'm out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 7:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Originalsly:
Bro... paybattention to what your mother said .... she cannot accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. I suggest you sit your mother down ... let her know only this girl you find worthy and you would like to introduce her to the family. Bear in mind ... your mother may very well be afraid of losing you to the madame.... so you have to give her the assurance that you will never let a woman make you turn your back or sideline your mother... but then also throw in that you know she will love her as a daughter. After all this softening up... ask if it's OK to bring madam. If yes... then you allow madam to present the gifts herself. You already know women and cloth ... magnet and steel relationship ... but talking about cloth gifts is one thing... your mother can easily reject it... but to have it presented to her... regardless of what her mouth be saying her hands will reach out and grab. I'm out.

Words of wisdom...thanks
Exactly the same direction I was thinking, I observed she doesn't like me talking about any lady or woman in my life.

9 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by optm(m): 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2022
gasparpisciotta:
@Supreme145, go and properly introduce her to your mum as the girl you wish to marry, if you have not done that already.

Some of our parents are highly principled
this is very on point .
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Truvelisback(m): 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.
Guy, u are a full grow man now, so maintain ur stance.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aareakinwunmi(m): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Naso I see mine too oo.

I tried removing it, but all the same
folak48:
[/quote]

Naso I see mine too oo.

I tried removing it, but all the same
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by lionphil(m): 8:22pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

Your mum is like some other mums i know. Keep those clothes. Bit by bit, keep sending them to your sisters. Like every 1 month or more till they finish.

Your girlfriend doesn't need to know. With time she will get to know. Inform your sisters on the source.

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by rezky(m): 9:36pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
So what does she do for a living since the op said she doesn't work or into trading?

You should ask the OP not me.

He can't say he's in a relationship with a lady for a while and not know some vital details about her. Moreso, that doesn't give you or the Op's mum to conclude or judge her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 9:47pm On Dec 23, 2022
rezky:

You should ask the OP not me.

He can't say he's in a relationship with a lady for a while and not know some vital details about her. Moreso, that doesn't give you or the Op's mum to conclude or judge her.

But he told you that she doesn't have a means of livelihood? Why is it that Nigerians always hide the truth from people just so that they appear good?.I ask you again. A student that is a fashion freak without any means of livelihood gets money from?

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ModCaller: 10:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
Send the clothes to an orphanage.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by WhisperedNoise: 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
Mr OP,
Didn't want to comment but after seeing some children throw shades, I thought to lend my voice to the discourse.

1) Don't allow ANYONE make you doubt your girl. The folks who are asking that she got money through prostitution, ignore them. They're not too bright.

2) You actually don't owe anyone an explanation as to what you and your babe do. Be careful of over information. You stated the boundaries of your challenge and what advice you need. Don't bother oversharing.

3) Your mom strikes me as a spiritual person...if this is the case, you need wisdom and firmness. Your Bae should not be offended...your babe should ease into meeting your mom. I know that babe is excited, but she should try to step down the energy a bit so it won't seem like she's over enthusiastic. She should follow your lead. Maybe a basket of fruits (as someone earlier suggested) or milo and milk. After the relationship with mum progresses, she can get ankara or lace materials for mom. But she should chill a bit.

4) You, my bro, might have to wisely shield your babe from mom's criticisms. Your mom might be over protective, just wanting the best for her son. Don't take offense, just strike a balance between wisdom and assertiveness.

I wish you well bro.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by WhisperedNoise: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

Oga, stop this nau. You are being absolutely rude and disrespectful to the op and his girlfriend. It comes off in very bad taste.

Your assumptios and judgements are pedestrian and lack any modicum of intelligence. Please 2023 is almost here. Grow up!

11 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Richy4(m): 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2022
OP...
This got nothing to do with her gift or the girl... Your mother is naturally scared that you will not help her in training your siblings.. that you might abandon them Once you are serious with any girl at all, That's her fear...

That's the '90s format parents used to register their displeasure when a son was hooked.... Introduce her formally or officially, she will now tell u her mind on how you have not done anything. not helped in training your siblings what u remembered to do first was to talk about marriage... grin

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Karleb(m): 11:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
That your babe ehn, her problem is that she has no problem.

Only child(ren) are the most problem free in Nigeria.

Let me dash her 20 of my 300 siblings and let's see whether she go send ya mama. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by blaquebelle: 3:07am On Dec 24, 2022
Poverty has so bastardized some people that they can't even imagine that a student can be living quality life from her wealthy family background. Every young person with money na olosho or yahoo boy to some of you. And that's why some of you can't even make headway out of poverty. undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by frozen70(f): 4:30am On Dec 24, 2022
Supreme145:

You just have to handle this in a matured way

You are in between the two women in your life and you don't have to keep a secret that will create more problems

Seat her down and tell her what happen and that she should give you time to sort things out

Dont forget to tell her that your mum don't hate her but she is the church going type and it's about her religious life

Keep those gift and one day it will get to your sister's

Meanwhile keep dating her until the day your mum will meet her and believe that her good heart can melt a stubborn mother inlaw

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by emerged01(m): 7:02am On Dec 24, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
First mistake guys always make. They ignore what can open their eyes to reality. When the result of their mistake manifest in marriage,they will now be saying marriage is not for everybody.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

Oga, stop this nau. You are being absolutely rude and disrespectful to the op and his girlfriend. It comes off in very bad taste.

Your assumptios and judgements are pedestrian and lack any modicum of intelligence. Please 2023 is almost here. Grow up!
Yes Mr intelligence. Tell me her source of income since she doesn't have any so she is saving from her school fees. Mind you. Only cowards are scared of identifying with any gender just like you and I know you are a woman by your mere manipulative comments. Truth hurts. You know?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2022
blaquebelle:
Poverty has so bastardized some people that they can't even imagine that a student can be living quality life from her wealthy family background. Every young person with money na olosho or yahoo boy to some of you. And that's why some of you can't even make headway out of poverty. undecided
Una no dey like hear the truth. No where in his post that he told us the girl came from a wealthy family. If he start saying it now means it was an after thought.Any student who doesn't have a means of livelihood or comes from a wealthy family but lives an extravagant life is into a shady deal. If you like believe it or not na you Sabi.Girls will always support their gender.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 8:57am On Dec 24, 2022
emerged01:

First mistake guys always make. They ignore what can open their eyes to reality. When the result of their mistake manifest in marriage,they will now be saying marriage is not for everybody.
No mind am. He knows the truth but is trying to change the narration that she is from a wealthy home which he did not say earlier.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by WhisperedNoise: 8:59am On Dec 24, 2022
Justbehave:
Yes Mr intelligence. Tell me her source of income since she doesn't have any so she is saving from her school fees. Mind you. Only cowards are scared of identifying with any gender just like you and I know you are a woman by your mere manipulative comments. Truth hurts. You know?
You know I'm a woman by my manipulative comments...Pele o, Oshodi Sherlock Holmes. Ndi Dr Sigmund Freud.

So a lady can't save from her pocket money? Do you think all ladies are hustlers? Lol. Some ladies get 30k weekly as pocket money. Some get 150k monthly.
Her source of income isn't really any of your business as long as it's clean and lawful. She didn't steal from you, did she?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by WhisperedNoise: 9:00am On Dec 24, 2022
frozen70:

You just have to handle this in a matured way

You are in between the two we moment in your life and you don't have to keep a secret that will create more problems

Seat her down and tell her what happen and that she should give you time to sort things out

Dont forget to tell her that your mum don't hate her but she is the church going type and it's about her religious life

Keep those gift and one day it will get you to your sister's

Meanwhile keep dating her until the day your mum will meet her and believe that her good heart can melt a stubborn mother inlaw
Your comment is wise and practicable.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 9:02am On Dec 24, 2022
WhisperedNoise:

You know I'm a woman by my manipulative comments...Pele o, Oshodi Sherlock Holmes. Ndi Dr Sigmund Freud.

So a lady can't save from her pocket money? Do you think all ladies are hustlers? Lol. Some ladies get 30k weekly as pocket money. Some get 150k monthly.
Her source of income isn't really any of your business as long as it's clean and lawful. She didn't steal from you, did she?
Savings from where. How many students can safe from mere pocket money? Is her family wealthy? Read what he wrote and see that he never mentioned she came from a rich home. Truth hurts.Olosho work is also clean.Birds of a feather.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Feminism: The True Colour / Landlord Beats Pregnant Woman Into Coma, Loses Her Pregnancy (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.