Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30212 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by mario2k(m): 9:03am On Dec 25, 2022
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

YOUR MUM IS A GENUINE BORN AGAIN CHILD OF GOD, WE DONT RECEIVE GIFT FROM PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT GENUINELY BORN AGAIN. YOU HAD BETTER TREAD CAREFULLY,SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT. IF YOU NEGLECT IT YOU WILL HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Lexusgs430: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

Always apply wisdom, when it gets to daughter in-law & mother relationships ...........

Mother's guard their son's, jealously. ......... grin
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Badguyyyy123: 9:05am On Dec 25, 2022
Not brainwashed sir,she is well mannered Africans mother. In those days who are u to tell ur parents u have a girlfriend? But now some niggas carry olosho to their parents house sad

peepydelano:
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Your mum is jealous, she doesn't want you to marry until you he trained your sisters to university.
She fears marrying your bae will cut her off from your money.

Maybe she is right, fear babes who initially shower your younger siblings with expensive gives, they don't usually continue once your marry them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Don't tell the lady. Some people don't like receiving gifts.

Give them out to those who need them or destroy it.

If you marry her, your mum will accept her gift. Maybe your mum don't trust your intentions
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Flier: 9:07am On Dec 25, 2022
Revolva:
Wow bro you are a man already na

Be careful on how these gals get money to buy things for u

Ur mama don see everytin cos she knows how gals are

You are a lover boy ...o ..i don experience all dese ...dem no de trust gals finish ...y
He is not a man he is shameless,how can you get cloth from your girl friend for your family? It’s totally wrong!
Secondly About the mother rejecting the lady she has not met,the truth is majority of mothers don’t really wish their first child or bread winner to marry on time in order not to jeopardise the token he is giving them.Its selfishness but they does not anyway
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by tellwisdom: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2022
Mumu boi, because she buy gift for your family, she don automatically turn better person. Abeg no buy for me angry
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by NaMe4: 9:08am On Dec 25, 2022
You can't force the gifts on your mom. Also, your girlfriend doesn't have to know whether your mom accepted the gifts or not.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by kansoboy: 9:09am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

She said I shouldn't send for the girls either, that the spiritual warfare of her children is her concern. I still plan to send the cloths to my sisters, I doubt they will forgive her if she stops them from wearing them cos I know all ladies loves cloths and these ones are too fine to be rejected.

U better listen to Ur mother..
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Jerewise332(m): 9:10am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
Oga you lie...
That's over spirituality
Rejecting an offer from someone you barely dont even meet before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ZooOga: 9:11am On Dec 25, 2022
" This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses."

Mr. Op
In the court of NL law you inadvertently told on yourself. grin

Your 30 year old sef has been this student's benefactor but you refused to tell the NL jury. wink Your mom has pride/wisdom and see's through your crafty subterfuge of wanting to give your sisters your girlfriend's 2nd hand clothes that you bought and that broke your pocket. grin

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Zooposki(f): 9:12am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know.

That’s why I avoid Christians. Their low IQ’s is just too much to deal with.

Tell your girlfriend what happened, so she can break up with you and run far from your family. The future does not look good for her if she stays with you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Evilblakman2: 9:12am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
The wise ones here knew I said the truth.But as you are also into such life,you will be trying to deny it.
My sister use to send me money when I’m broke and she was a Student, she never did hookup or collect from her boyfriend because she works , E-jobs and also in school radio station.
Your mentality is bigoted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by workchopNG: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2022
peepydelano:
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.

Nice input... Send your account make I send you some cash for this.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by opius: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2022
If you're sure the Lady is good for you, call your mom and explain things to her about the your girl. We can't outrightly blame your mom for rejecting the gifts, she understand better. Like I said, call her and have a mother to son discussion with her. Don't hide anything from your mom, tell her everything.
Best of luck
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Xedmark: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Ask your mum if she would have rejected those gift had it been she gave her those gift in person? This is very funny and sound hyper of your mum. she could have collected it and dash it out if she knows she doesn't want the gift. I just believe she stretched this issue and rejecting the gift is just unecessary and I can imagine how the poor girl would feel when she knows her gift was rejected.

There's no single spiritual reason or backup with God's word where it is written that gift should not be received from an unknown person. If accidentally her car become faulty and she need passerby to help push, does that mean she won't receive such help because they're unknown. This is a knowledge from the flesh and it sounds like you're the only son she has and that's why she's acting that way. I really pity the girl.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by smileNpass: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2022
I understand you plight.

Don't ever mention to her that your mum rejected the gift.

What I think you should do is to keep the cloth for your mum somewhere for now while giving your sisters theirs.

What ever you a sending to your mum subsequently should come from you both. I.e We bought this bag of rice for the family. We did this for you.

Make it gradual. After a while take her to your mum. Things may change when they meet.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by temitimx19(m): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2022
Nigerian mothers never seem to amaze me.. They always feel they are in competition with the person their son is dating or going to marry. Also display the same attitude, maybe na Nigerian movies they influence them, who knows.
Op, don't be dismay, just keep doing what u are doing.. There's nothing wrong in ur gf giving ur mum gifts and there's nothing also wrong in your mum rejecting it.. Just play along.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by jumper524(m): 9:19am On Dec 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Olosho wey carry her "hard earned" money worth several thousands buy gifts for person should at least be treated with a little respect don't you think

Many dey do the olosho work yet still billing their boyfriends to death
more like an investment if you look well
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Isabi4lov: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Una too get wahala for here...if girls bill you call them leeches, the few ones that are considerate and show concern you tag them pretenders. Someone that her dad stays abroad and sends her monthly allowance cant save 15k again.
You dey mind some niggas , in this life you can't satisfy anybody , just introduce her to your mom first .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by messenger4891: 9:19am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
@op pls ask yourself the question "a student without no means of income" how does she get money then?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by msrcusgarvey6(m): 9:21am On Dec 25, 2022
We can guess/speculate but its only God that reads hearts. I dated oyibo that will tell you hurrible past you can't hear from Nigerian women, don't even go to Church but make better wives (32yes). I can't imagine you all hear from2nd persons and judge fully

Justbehave:
Shatap. This na Wetin you just talk because you no wan accept the truth. Why you no write am before say her family get money? Na now weh we don tell you the truth you come dey revise. Chill abeg. Your mama get sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aklee4994(m): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
just behave bruh �
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:22am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Jus take d cloths to ur sisters, and tell ur mum u bought them.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by msrcusgarvey6(m): 9:24am On Dec 25, 2022
Mum may have nothing. Those who grip children thinking they are too young to take wise decisions. The guy too doesn't sound a freed soul yet

world123:

There are students with vocation skills, who earn genuine income. With these they pay their bills at school.

As for OP, I think your mum has another lady for you. Bring the your girls home often,s o she get familiar with her.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aklee4994(m): 9:24am On Dec 25, 2022
Normal thing will keep disturbing normal thing from happening
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ZooOga: 9:25am On Dec 25, 2022
messenger4891:

@op pls ask yourself the question "a student without no means of income" how does she get money then?

Op gave the thread a big clue. He's the 30 yr. old generous sugar daddy of this student. wink

" This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses."
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by kaywhy09(m): 9:26am On Dec 25, 2022
Just let the young lady be, and safe her from impending spiritual doom.

But, if you're mature and bold enough to let your mum understand you have a different view about spiritually, and she reason with you, then you can keep the girl; if she's cool with staying.

Make her understand where you're coming from, and where you are now spiritually.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by meetme01: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Words of wisdom...thanks
Exactly the same direction I was thinking, I observed she doesn't like me talking about any lady or woman in my life.

You are matured. As someone suggested, take her to Mama. Her appearance and mum's instincts will reveal more to you. Leave them to chat and mum will definitely ask questions to put her mind at rest. The first meeting speaks and shows a lot. Let her present the gift herself.

That's our mother's for you. She just want you to be in safe hands. She understands the present state of girls. She has seen and heard alot from mother's like her.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nchenches: 9:28am On Dec 25, 2022
Are you not yet an adult?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by cletz991(m): 9:29am On Dec 25, 2022
And this is what's bothering you?PMS is over 290 per litre, AGO is close to 1000 per litre angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Feminism: The True Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.