Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30213 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by kkins25(m): 10:43am On Dec 25, 2022
chatinent:
Mom has the right to reject a gift for whatever reasons she deems fit.

The girl may be perfect for you, but you, man, introduce the girl to mom first before saying she rejected your girl. Mom is only seeing the gifts as a Greek one...which in a 100%, 80% are usually so.

Mom never even meet the girl.

See ehn, I am this person wey whoever I decide to be with, no one can change it..no one. So do the needful. I don't even support playing good to be accepted...just be you.
Go further down below where he said his mom doesn't pay any interest to discussions about settling down. One of the Perils of single motherhood i suppose.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Rubbiish(m): 10:45am On Dec 25, 2022
Richy4:
OP...
This got nothing to do with her gift or the girl... Your mother is naturally scared that you will not help her in training your siblings.. that you might abandon them Once you are serious with any girl at all, That's her fear...

That's the '90s format parents used to register their displeasure when a son was hooked.... Introduce her formally or officially, she will now tell u her mind on how you have not done anything. not helped in training your siblings what u remembered to do first was to talk about marriage
... grin
Gbam! U have nailed it sir!
cc Supreme145
This right here is the problem
I just posted something similar before seeing this man quote. Your mom is scared u may abandon her & ur siblings once u get married.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Raxxye(m): 10:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
Senseless talk!
Someone is so nice and you're calling her olosho, and you haven't even met her.
May God forgive you!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by searchlight: 10:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Piece of advice. Don't tell your mum about the gal again and move on dating her until when you are ready to marry her. She's going to live with you and not your mum. If you allow your parents decide who you marry you are still a mama boy. He who wears the shoes knows where it pinches him
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 10:53am On Dec 25, 2022
dominique:

Her well-to-do parents? Or is it forbidden for parents to dote on their daughters? In your narrow mind, the only way a "Nigerian girl" can have money is by getting if from men.
Show me anywhere in his initial post that he said her parents are well to do? Or her means of livelihood
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Georgejeez: 10:55am On Dec 25, 2022
First take the lady home and get her to meet with your mom , things will fall in place .
Only a hungry mom will accept gifts , clothes for that matter , from a prospective daughter in law she hasn't met before .
If she and her daughters accept them , later if the relationship goes south , she doesn't want to hear "After I helped him , his mother and sisters , after all I did yenyenyen".

Her rejection of the gifts is a mark of self respect , let then meet and bond well , you will be surprised at how they will become mother and daughter in a jiffy
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 10:55am On Dec 25, 2022
Raxxye:

Senseless talk!
Someone is so nice and you're calling her olosho, and you haven't even met her.
May God forgive you!
Somebody who has no means of livelihood? Show me anywhere in his post he said her parents are wealthy?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by just2endowed: 10:56am On Dec 25, 2022
Na beans and fried plantain dey hungry me now
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by jubrilcastle(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

It's all these white garment prophet that are deceiving her. Probably they have arranged one of there member for you
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by BinamRex: 10:57am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

Did you read that she is an only child? She probably has rich parents or relatives. Most we call every lady an olosho?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by sharone21(f): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early t

his year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

The way I feel it, your mum just want you for her and your family for now till may be 3 years time at least.

She wants u to channel your resources on them and not on wife, children ( soon after) and responsibilities as a family man.

I will say you keep this your girlfriend, afterall she is still studying and maybe as she is graduating, u get married so u still can really fulfill your part to your family.... Mum still sees you as her baby boy.

Pray too so that the girl's family accepts you. It is well

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 11:00am On Dec 25, 2022
BinamRex:

Did you read that she is an only child? She probably has rich parents or relatives. Most we call every lady an olosho?
The op would have said so assuming she is from a wealthy family but he didn't. She doesn't even have a means of livelihood and the op said he doesn't give her much and upon that,she is a fashion freak. Lol. Una no wan tell op the truth which the mum is trying to let him know in a polite manner by rejecting her gifts.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by dominique(f): 11:03am On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Show me anywhere in his initial post that he said her parents are well to do? Or her means of livelihood

And did he imply that she does runs for money? So why were you quick to assume that's how she makes money? Your poverty drenched mindset can't process that there are rich people that fund their daughter's lifestyle. Pray for to make enough money to spend on your daughters so broke Alfa mails will be assuming they're are doing runs.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Rubbiish(m): 11:07am On Dec 25, 2022
kkins25:
Serious problem you need to pay attention to. Is your dad still in the picture of things?

Sorry to say, but omo! you get battle to fight, even scarier because, it is you mum. Your mama is not ready to let her "husband" go. Assuming daddy is no longer. Make i just break am for you. As mama dey look you so, no be pikin she dey see oh. na husband. I see alot of spiritual blackmail up ahead.
Exactly & it will be a very serious problem if he is the only son & breadwinner. Before his mother will approve of any lady he brings, op go don dey approach 40+ years, after training his siblings. I just hope he is not the only son, because him & the mom go get issue, even if he brings a saint as a wife, the mom will never approve.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Pclemenza: 11:08am On Dec 25, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Olosho wey carry her "hard earned" money worth several thousands buy gifts for person should at least be treated with a little respect don't you think

Many dey do the olosho work yet still billing their boyfriends to death
I agree. It is the thought that counts..
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 11:09am On Dec 25, 2022
dominique:

And did he imply that she does runs for money? So why were you quick to assume that's how she makes money? Your poverty drenched mindset can't process that there are rich people that fund their daughter's lifestyle. Pray for to make enough money to spend on your daughters so broke Alfa mails will be assuming they're are doing runs.
She doesn't have a means of livelihood implies that she doesn't work as a student and he never said the parents or relatives are doing well to be able to finance her extravagant life style. Also judging from his post,he doesn't give her much meaning he is the one financing her in school from his little finance.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by oylam(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2022
Your girl wey dy do hookup, avoid all these uni students. Basically useless. In short, your mom don see say na wetin her job be, na y she dy reject am.

2 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by oylam(m): 11:10am On Dec 25, 2022
dominique:

Dey play

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 11:16am On Dec 25, 2022
oylam:
Your girl wey dy do hookup, avoid all these uni students. Basically useless. In short, your mom don see say na wetin her job be, na y she dy reject am.
Somebody weh get sense just spoke. Girl weh her papa no get money,na op dey give am small change from the one him get. She no dey do any work but she be fashion freak. Dem no wan tell op the truth but thank God say op mother get eye.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Streetmovement(m): 11:17am On Dec 25, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Arrange for a proper meeting between your mom and your girlfriend before the next market days, that's if you're serious with her.

Your mom knows best

I once dated a girl back in 2015, my mum never met this girl for once but kept asking me about the woman in my life as at then, telling me all sort of stories about her and how bad she is for me but me wey be say na me be the only stubborn pikin for our family i no gree listen, went ahead with the relationship, after some months or so I started seeing the true colours of what my mom was saying, "I remember her saying my son I'll always pray for you no matter what you do" [/b]those words strong jan, na me come use my mouth confess wetin the girl do give my momma after we don break up o, my mom just laughed and said shey I told you, I want the best for you but sometimes this your coconut head no dey gree code am grin funny enough she's been okay with my other girlfriend's in the past but you see this particular one it was war of the great wall of china grin at first the girl was generous and good like yours.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying your situation is like mine o, I might be wrong or right but thread carefully to fully understand the nature of your current issue between your mom and your girlfriend, ask your mom to tell you what she see's that you don't, I mean mother and son talk.

Make I drop you small quote to help you access life [b]"Sugar cane wey sweet but he no carry water na another thing dey follow you chop am"
E get why!!

Your mom knows the right answers to your question and that right answer is definitely not on nairaland
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by naturefellow(m): 11:21am On Dec 25, 2022
G00DHardDick:

Are you okay? Normally no sane human will accept such a gift, not even on a Christmas day. Advice the girl to take the clothes and gifts to the orphanage home if she's that serious with giving them out. U think op's Mom is stupid or what? Sense is far from you
now you're making sense, without assassinating the character of the lady.

Not all independent or free-handed lady is an olosho. And not all gifts have strings-attached as you so confidently insinuate. Maybe it's common wihtin your circle and you think it's the norm, but it only exposes your ignorance or depraved thought process on the Internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by OkoRemi2023(m): 11:26am On Dec 25, 2022
at first that she's buying things for your family doesn't make her a lady of value

secondly you've the best mom, I hope she continue with the tempo so that your other sisters can be ladies of virtue too

lastly don't expose your sisters to clothes they can't afford for themselves or within your family capacity because the day you stop to give them such clothes, they go haywire to the wild society

last last Op, slow down and let the love between you two flow naturally, take your family out of it for now. a 30yrs old guy not married is still not abnormal, let things flow naturally
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Ameduedwin: 11:26am On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
hahahaha Kai, u people have time for this nairaland walahi
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by abuhusna1: 11:33am On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
She sees nothing. Most mothers are selfish when their son starts getting serious relationships cos they will think the girl will take all the money and attention of their son hence the aggressive nature of the mother

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by blaise26abj(m): 11:34am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I agree with your mom . You have to be careful how you talk about your family to your girlfriend . You must have voiced out how poorly dressed your sisters are and that is unacceptable . If there will be giving of cloths in particular , let it be between your sisters and her . They should form a bond first before gifting very personal things like cloths .

Unless you want it stated if you guys break up that she clothed your entire family .
Do what you personally can for your family . It’s a thing of self respect . I am sure your mom will be more receptive when she becomes your wife .
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by REALretep(m): 11:41am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So

Bro... you have to choose between pleasing your girlfriend or your mum.
Both of them obviously show genuine concerns towards you from your statements.
Wisdom from God can actually help you handle this situation if you have a great relationship with God.
Cheers
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by blaise26abj(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2022
BinamRex:

You are right . Actually having only one child is very economically liberating . As long as the parents are working , she will be getting the best of a lot of things . The parents don’t have to be rich for the girl to look rich .

When China removed the one child policy , most of the citizens no gree born 2 again. They saw first hand how limiting the number of kids can help the family in the long run . Some Developed countries citizens even get paid to have kids now . If not for the trend , Canada no go dey do Express entry . Their people no wan born again .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aareakinwunmi(m): 11:44am On Dec 25, 2022

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by doneback04: 11:52am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Send those items to your sister and never tell ur girl the situation, find money marry ur girl don't allow anyone to spoil ur happiness, your mom has enjoy her life when she was young don't allow her spoil yours for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by dave601: 11:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Well, I guess she would be comfortable if she was a wife. Some risks are difficult to calculate, so sometimes it's wise to say no.

God bless.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by viceddy95(m): 12:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
You are the one to make your mother understand and like her,if you really know she is the type of person you can be with especially if she is submissive (important)…..

I was once in your shoe,when I told my mum about the girl I want to marry,she refuse oo,saying I can’t marry from that place : but I made her understand something as there are bad and good people from each tribe and most importantly not to tell me or my siblings where to marry from or whom to marry,the o most important thing she owns us is prayers……my mum and woman now are close like mother and daughter relationship even to her mum…

Make your mother understand and see things from your side…
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by jessylaurel(f): 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

If you ask me I won't accept gifts from any of my sons girlfriend unless the are married. Moreover it seems like you both are trying to buy your way into your mum's heart when you know she doesn't like her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Let's Hear Some Of The Hilarious Things You Did As A Child / Why Single Ladies Are More Than Single Guys / Feminism: The True Colour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.