Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30222 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ZiiVentures: 6:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Blame the poverty in your life

You're a kid! I don't have your time.

Just in case you repent from your stupidity, I can show how to earn more than 25k a week for free. It may help your miserable life.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ZiiVentures: 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Keep begging for airtime. Dangote.

Yes. I was catching cruise with that on a Christmas day and a big lady sent me that. Nothing shameful about it. FYI, I sent more than N20k to friends and family as gifts...

But you, no one can do that for you cos you're a wretched stupid disgusted idiat!
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 6:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
ZiiVentures:

You're a kid! I don't have your time.

Just in case you repent from your stupidity, I can show how to earn more than 25k a week for free. It may help your miserable life.
25k I make in a day. Mitcheew
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by ZiiVentures: 7:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
25k I make in a day. Mitcheew

Alright boss. So that was why you were acting like an online jobless idiat!
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
So she will have enough but still ask op for money on regular basis? Which he gives out the little he has? Your oderism is raised to power 3.
when i said you are unfortunate, some of the people on here that saw that comment would have felt i didnt do well but you see.. Where did the op mentioned that he gives her money? You think that all girls in nigeria are like the leaches you role with abi?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 7:20pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
when i said you are unfortunate, some of the people on here that saw that comment would have felt i didnt do well but you see.. Where did the op mentioned that he gives her money? You think that all girls in nigeria are like the leaches you role with abi?
Did you read where op said he gives her little he has? Ode

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 7:24pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Did you read where op said he gives her little he has? Ode
which kind of idiot be dis this christmas sunday.. If person dash me something so e mean say i open mouth ask abi?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by eenai(m): 7:29pm On Dec 25, 2022
Your Mother did the right thing. It will not make sense to a lot of people who still hold their pride to accept such gifts. Gift they say blinds the heart and influence s ones judgement. Your mum has the responsibility to properly scrutinize that your girlfriend before giving her go ahead for a possible marriage. If she start accepting gift she will fail I that responsibility.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 8:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
which kind of idiot be dis this christmas sunday.. If person dash me something so e mean say i open mouth ask abi?
I been think say I dey talk to human being I no even no say na big fool weh no even read the post see where op dey talk about not giving her much. Shame
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Trendsoulmate(f): 8:37pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

You are a very careless talker with a dirty mind. You just opened your mouth to call someone you don't know olosho. You are most likely an armed robber or Yahoo boy

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 8:38pm On Dec 25, 2022
Trendsoulmate:

You are a very careless talker with a dirty mind. You just opened your mouth to call someone you don't know olosho. You are most likely an armed robber or Yahoo boy
Olosho don drop comment.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by SURElee(f): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Na ladies wey dey too do I blame.
She doesn't have female cousins or nieces to give her clothes ni? Has she bought ABAya worth 15k for her mom or aunties that she is spending that money on a woman who has spirituality consciousness written over her?

If she doesn't know how to sow her seeds, she should take them to orphanages where they will be appreciated than waste efforts on people who won't value them.

Why reject someone you haven't met?
As a son stand firm and be rigid if not your mom will wash that good lady off your life with spiritually conjured razzmatazz. Bet me, your mom will soon come up with how she had a dream blah blah, or how her prophet say she isnt the one for you.

At 30years of age, shouldn't you be thinking of settling down, she is saying the lady is rushing you into marriage. Abegi make we celebrate awa Christmas in peace and love jare
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
I been think say I dey talk to human being I no even no say na big fool weh no even read the post see where op dey talk about not giving her much. Shame
This one no be pride again. This na stupidit¥. Shebi you be one of them.. I mean urchins. Abeg no quote me again.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 10:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
This one no be pride again. This na stupidit¥. Shebi you be one of them.. I mean urchins. Abeg no quote me again.
ode.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by dochenaj: 11:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.
My impression of you is that you are a simple minded "enlightened" young man who doesn't realize that the world is beyond what can be seen with the eyes.

But your mother knows better.

Sadly you are interpreting her rejection of your girlfriend's gift as her rejection of her. Both are not the same thing.

Tell the girl that your mom didn't accept the gifts because she will rather wear dress that she bought by herself. Case closed.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by BinamRex: 6:41am On Dec 26, 2022
blaise26abj:

You are right . Actually having only one child is very economically liberating . As long as the parents are working , she will be getting the best of a lot of things . The parents don’t have to be rich for the girl to look rich .

When China removed the one child policy , most of the citizens no gree born 2 again. They saw first hand how limiting the number of kids can help the family in the long run . Some Developed countries citizens even get paid to have kids now . If not for the trend , Canada no go dey do Express entry . Their people no wan born again .

Exactly. It's surprising how people think these days. It is said that 70% of Nigerians are living below the poverty line. This wouldn't be so if we had China's one-child policy. Can a husband and wife be so unproductive that they won't be able to take care of a child?

Most people calling her olosho grew up in large families where they only get new clothes on Christmas day. It is hard for such people to mentally process certain things.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by coolk(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

Dear OP, pay more attention to what your mom isn't saying. Listen to the hidden clues.
From the little I've gotten from your story: I think your mom is not really concerned about the character or spirituality of your girlfriend (Especially because she hasn't met her), but more about the fact that you may want to marry her.
Sorry to say this, but your mom is scared that you will want to marry your girlfriend, and this will affect the amount of care and responsibility you undertake for her and your siblings.

Think about it very well.
Your mom doesn't want you to get married yet. But the many whys, I can only guess at.
It's time for you to decide what is best for you.

Also, ignore the others calling your girlfriend "Olosho" they are still young in the ways of the world.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by superCleanworks(m): 8:11am On Dec 26, 2022
pyyxxaro:

undecided
do you live in abuja?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Slimplush: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

Brother.

I don't give my phone number out(Apologies).

But I guess you are interested in buying stocks, I trade US stocks on Bamboo App.

Currently due to US-Fed money tightening and higher inflation rate, Stocks are in Bearish now.

Just download the Bamboo App, fund your account and buy.

Buy stocks in their All time low. Stocks like CVNA, PGY are currently in their ATL.

For example I bought CVNA about 2weeks ago at the rate of $7 per share/unit(Currently at $4).

I won't sell until the price hits $75 per share, it might take me more than a year or less to hit that price, but am ready to wait.

Am ready to answer any questions you might have.

Happy New Year in Advance.

thanks for the detailed explanation, i will maybe open a blank thread and quote u there to ask more question concerning it.. But how do you pay to bamboo and get paid??
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aareakinwunmi(m): 10:29am On Dec 27, 2022
Slimplush:
thanks for the detailed explanation, i will maybe open a blank thread and quote u there to ask more question concerning it.. But how do you pay to bamboo and get paid??

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://faq.investbamboo.com/en/articles/3430388-how-do-i-deposit-money-into-my-bamboo-wallet&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjksNSwvZn8AhWuxgIHHarUCkAQFnoECAMQAw&usg=AOvVaw2utw4czeVVhsqpR3LBVT9g

The above link will help you.

You can deposit with your Card.

It will take about 24hrs to confirm your payment.

When you buy your stock, a 1.5% will be deducted.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by cyrusmillz: 6:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Justbehave:
Says a sensiless fool
What a waste
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by hahn(m): 8:29am On Dec 28, 2022
Supreme145:

That's the problem with religious delusion.

It creates a lot of hate and fear in the mind of believers and unfortunately many of our mothers are victims of this low thinking.

Although on second thought she might simply want you to bring the girl over so she meets her in person.

All these born again people have screws loose
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Charlex23(m): 8:43am On Dec 28, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
Hahahahaha..... Guy stoooppppit
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by zumbigbo(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

Village idiot dey get phone?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Feminism: The True Colour / Happy Birthday To Me. A Picture Collage Of My Transformation From Birth. / I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.