Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,621 members, 7,827,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30219 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by jessylaurel(f): 12:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided

He meant Abaya gown grin
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by IamtheTruth1(m): 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2022
mariahAngel:
If your mum does not feel comfortable accepting the gift, you can't force her, but then, can she stop your sisters from accepting theirs?
You must be so smart.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by InvertedHammer: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.
/

I respect your mother on this one.

Why would she receive gifts from a student with no means of income? Sometimes it is better to go hungry than drink from a poisoned chalice.

If not poverty in you and the fact that freebies (especially through begging) has become a culture in Nigeria, you will see why this is not normal. In your circumstances, can you marry an only child fashionista? Dating vs marriage are two different things
/
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Iseoluwani: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

Seems your mum is your problem. You already said no lady ever showed such concern then go and sit your mum down, or better still remove her cloth and give your sisters.

Most importantly take her to your mum, m confused concerning your mum who said you are been pressured into marriage
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by segunpraiz(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
It is your choice whether you would choose her over your mum or the other way round. Don't be carried away by one lust because this said girl might be pretending. Stop behaving like a simp Abeg.In everything don't forget that family first. Don't be blinded by love and lose your family
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by dominique(f): 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
She doesn't have a means of livelihood implies that she doesn't work as a student and he never said the parents or relatives are doing well to be able to finance her extravagant life style. Also judging from his post,he doesn't give her much meaning he is the one financing her in school from his little finance.

Where did he say that he's the one financing her? He doesn't give her much because she's comfortable and doesn't need his money. So those of us that were very comfortable in school and during NYSC were depending on men? Very laughable! Better pray for to be successful enough to give the best life to your daughters so that broketards will be assuming they're being financed by men.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by IMASTEX: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2022
peepydelano:
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.
His mom did what every mother with some sense of morality ought to do by rejecting it. How can a student without a means of verifiable income keep up with such lifestyle. I believe the mom deliberately used spirituality being the best excuse the little boy with a small brain can handle. Instead of wasting time explaining an obvious facts.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by IMASTEX: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
peepydelano:
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.
His mom did what every mother with some sense of morality ought to do by rejecting it. How can a student without a means of verifiable income keep up with such lifestyle. I believe the mom deliberately used spirituality being the best excuse the little boy with a small brain can handle. Instead of wasting time explaining an obvious facts. Moreover, how can he be comfortable with such idea. An unknown girlfriend already gifting the family, what impression does he think that will translate into.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Saintmary(f): 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2022
Oluneutral:

Funny enough, mama could have just given spiritual reason to dissuade him from bringing those used clothes for her and her daughters. She might have wondered what could have led to a total stranger offering to give out her used clothes to her and her daughters. So, in order not to sound rude or ungrateful, she might have just given that spiritual gilberish as an excuse.

My assumption, please.

Very plausible perspective.

No one has ever offered me used clothes as gifts, even new clothes will be be scrutinized.

Cash, fruits, beverages like wine and fruit juice, these are sensible gifts to make good first impressions.

My personal observation is that the lady is very impulsive and shallow.

On the darker side, yes, I absolutely believe that people can use gifts to lull people into manipulative situations. And jazz is also a possibility.

Not every gift comes from good intentions but oga is in love.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by TheNiceGuy(m): 12:59pm On Dec 25, 2022
Cut the crap please.

Do you have to conclude since she has such clothes and a fashion freak, she's into runs angry

There are some students who hustle legitimately and make cool cash even take care of their school expenses.

U all should stop this stereotype
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by GoodCane: 1:04pm On Dec 25, 2022
naturefellow:
now you're making sense, without assassinating the character of the lady.

Not all independent or free-handed lady is an olosho. And not all gifts have strings-attached as you so confidently insinuate. Maybe it's common wihtin your circle and you think it's the norm, but it only exposes your ignorance or depraved thought process on the Internet.

You sound so dumb and daft. Not all girls are olosho? What business could possibly a Nigerian girl who's in sch be doing? Oga didn't you read where the op said the girl is fashion freak? (A typical Nigerian olosho way of life). The OP never told us that she works, neither did he made mentioned of her parents being rich.

Are you so daft not to know that all those clothes she claimed to have was gotten from her olosho business? Bros, I'm very sure she collected most of the clothes from those yahoo boys who use to bang her. A typical Nigerian olosho. You better stop defending rubbish here.

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by GoodCane: 1:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Cut the crap please.

Do you have to conclude since she has such clothes and a fashion freak, she's into runs angry

There are some students who hustle legitimately and make cool cash even take care of their school expenses.

The OP never told us that she's working neither did he tell us that she has a rich parents. Which business could she possible be doing in sch if not oloshoism? Bros, from all indication that girl is an olosho. I can bet my balls that most of those clothes she claimed to have was collected from a Yahoo's boy wardrobe

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 1:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Cut the crap please.

So tell us the hustle she is into?
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by chloride6: 1:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
Nigga calm down…
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by RealEzee(m): 1:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
no b wia blind elder dey oo grin
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by NorthernersSuck: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

If I curse you now, your comments sucks
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
dominique:

Where did he say that he's the one financing her? He doesn't give her much because she's comfortable and doesn't need his money. So those of us that were very comfortable in school and during NYSC were depending on men? Very laughable! Better pray for to be successful enough to give the best life to your daughters so that broketards will be assuming they're being financed by men.
Op didn't say anything concerning her family. He only told us she doesn't do anything meaningful to finance her life style. So tell us her hustle .
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 1:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
NorthernersSuck:

If I curse you now, your comments sucks
You can't curse me. But since op didn't say that she came from a wealthy family and does not have any means of livihood. What does she do to finance such her extravagant life style? Tell me. I will believe you.Im waiting.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
No type of comment chiboy on go see for nairaland. E be like say all the girls around you na olosho or didnt you read where op stated that she's an only child.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
No type of comment chiboy on go see for nairaland. E be like say all the girls around you na olosho or didnt you read where op stated that she's an only child.
You are so daft. So being an only child to you means her parents are rich? Poor parents don't bear just a child? Lol.She doesn't have means of livelihood but living extravagantly in school. Show me where op said her parents are wealthy or tell me her hustle.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 2:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
Ode. Did you tell us her parents are well to do?
No dey call person ode when you dey open mouth like ode.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
No dey call person ode when you dey open mouth like ode.
If you are not an ode,why did you reason that because she is an only child it means her parents are rich? You be complete ode bro.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by waice6571: 2:15pm On Dec 25, 2022
AyeMoJuba:
Your response reek of innexperience and a total lack of what's going on in your environment.

I hope the OP won't be so stupid to take this trash opinion of yours to heart

One of them has identified himself.... Holier than thou!
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by EverGrand: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2022
A comment from someone who doesn't know how to behave.

Justbehave:
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:19pm On Dec 25, 2022
EverGrand:
A comment from someone who doesn't know how to behave.

A comment from a daft who lacks comprehension.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by integrity16(m): 2:22pm On Dec 25, 2022
Your mom is not a glutton to be accepting gift from a stranger now, have you PROPERLY introduced your girlfriend to her?

Your girl needs to calm down, she is too forward. she was suppose to win the heart of your sisters first, before your mom's

1 Like

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by mercysamuelson(m): 2:33pm On Dec 25, 2022
Some mom were like that. I hope your sisters wouldn't face the same in the name of spirituality when it's time for them to get into a serious relationship. Na so one mama dey do then when she spoil her daughter life till now. She dey always reject the guys wey the lady dey carry go house until a guy came from Dubai and sharp sharp mama gree make she marry him not knowing say guy just want chop commot. As the guy get wetin e want, na so e run leave girl and her mama for God hand. The girl still dey with her mama till now dey look for husband. Try man up and do what's good for you.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
If you are not an ode,why did you reason that because she is an only child it means her parents are rich? You be complete ode bro.
I can see you are just an unfortunate kid.. So you still did not reason that an only child will likely have enough even if the parents are not well to do compared to a child from an average or middle class family who has several siblings.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Madups(m): 2:39pm On Dec 25, 2022
Justbehave:
You are so daft. So being an only child to you means her parents are rich? Poor parents don't bear just a child? Lol.She doesn't have means of livelihood but living extravagantly in school. Show me where op said her parents are wealthy or tell me her hustle.
you this unfortunate child dont mention me again
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Hisincrease: 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2022
Supreme145:

Una too get wahala for here...if girls bill you call them leeches, the few ones that are considerate and show concern you tag them pretenders. Someone that her dad stays abroad and sends her monthly allowance cant save 15k again.
Stop attending to so many opinions regarding your post. If you know that your babe is a kind person who loves you and you like her, kindly take it to God in prayer.
If her intentions towards you are good, with time she will find favour with your mom.
Since Mom is spiritual, you should be spiritual too.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
Madups:
I can see you are just an unfortunate kid.. So you still did not reason that an only child will likely have enough even if the parents are not well to do compared to a child from an average or middle class family who has several siblings.
So she will have enough but still ask op for money on regular basis? Which he gives out the little he has? Your oderism is raised to power 3.
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Zinpat: 3:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
pyyxxaro:

lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Feminism: The True Colour / Landlord Beats Pregnant Woman Into Coma, Loses Her Pregnancy (Photo) / Happy Birthday To Me. A Picture Collage Of My Transformation From Birth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.