Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts (30127 Views)

I Am 20 And My Mom Wants To Throw Me Out. / Help: My Father Is Killing My Mom Gradually / My Mother Rejected My Fiancee After Dating For 9 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 1:48pm On Dec 23, 2022
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.

61 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by mariahAngel(f): 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2022
If your mum does not feel comfortable accepting the gift, you can't force her, but then, can she stop your sisters from accepting theirs?

179 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by joceey(m): 1:59pm On Dec 23, 2022
mariahAngel:
If your mum does not feel comfortable accepting the gift, you can't force her, but then, can she stop your sisters from accepting theirs?

Intelligent question abeg answer us my broda

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:06pm On Dec 23, 2022
mariahAngel:

She said I shouldn't send for the girls either, that the spiritual warfare of her children is her concern. I still plan to send the cloths to my sisters, I doubt they will forgive her if she stops them from wearing them cos I know all ladies loves cloths and these ones are too fine to be rejected.

72 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.

364 Likes 44 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Tokskob2008: 2:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
Pastors don too brainwash your mum so now she sees everything as spiritual but that's by the way though, your girl seems very nice and lovely (not the regular leeches that parades around thinking the guy dating her owe her his life) and if she ever gets wind of what your mum just said about her trust me that's the end of her nice behavior towards you and anyone close to you.

Talk to your sisters privately and ask them if they want it and look for a way to send it to them personally (if that's possible) but never you tell her your mum rejected her gifts.

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by pyyxxaro: 2:11pm On Dec 23, 2022
Which one be Ayaya Gown again tongue

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided

157 Likes 13 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.

119 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Tokskob2008: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
Your mum is wiser than you. A student with no means of livelihood that is a fashion freak is nothing but an olosho. Your mum knows but you are blinded by the free pussy she's giving you.
Olosho wey carry her "hard earned" money worth several thousands buy gifts for person should at least be treated with a little respect don't you think

Many dey do the olosho work yet still billing their boyfriends to death

250 Likes 21 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
op no even care where she get money to buy all those things and he quickly bought her story of saving for it. This op no sharp gaskiya

59 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Aareakinwunmi(m): 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:

So everyone living a good life is an olosho or yahoo boy.
There are a lot of online trading business that can change one's life for good.

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:16pm On Dec 23, 2022
peepydelano:
Your mum did well, but she should not bring spirituality into it. It’s not advisable to accept gifts from someone she never meet and interact with. Make your babe chilax, she’s fronting too much.
No normal person will accept such gifts from a anybody who doesn't have means of livelihood and a student for that matter. You think say op mother no know Wetin the girl dey do?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
No normal person will accept such gifts from a anybody who doesn't have means of livelihood and a student for that matter. You think say op mother no know Wetin the girl dey do?
Op no smart, e show for him writeup.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:

So everyone living a good life is an olosho or yahoo boy.
There are a lot of online trading business that can change one's life for good.

By the way, Incase you have spare money, this is a good time to buy stocks
Op said she has no means of livelihood. If she was into online trading op will know but in this case,he doesn't. know of any.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:19pm On Dec 23, 2022
peepydelano:
op no even care where she get money to buy all those things and he quickly bought her story of saving for it. This op no sharp gaskiya
I dey tell you. Very dull guy him be.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by NoToPile: 2:24pm On Dec 23, 2022
Eyah, she (your girlfriend) too should have known better.

As a lady, giving gifts to Inlaws potential inlaws etc needs wisdom because a random act of what you think you call kindness can be seen as something else e. g desperation to be accepted. Some would say the gifts were out of line, some would accept it some would reject it. Buying clothes seems out of line for some people.

I know someone who was chastised for spraying her boyfriends mother money while dancing during a party.

Now I doubt your mum would reject a small basket of fruits.

Well you would have to return it to her with style.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:28pm On Dec 23, 2022
Tokskob2008:

Olosho wey carry her "hard earned" money worth several thousands buy gifts for person should at least be treated with a little respect don't you think

Many dey do the olosho work yet still billing their boyfriends to death
I understand. She try but the woman no want to hear say dem shoot bird,him mama fly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Munzy14(m): 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2022
pyyxxaro:

What your Mum sees while sitting under a table , if you climb 2 mtn / Glo mast joined together you won’t see it grin

You mum knows you are like TONY UMEZ , she doesn’t want you to end up crying and shouting DOORLING DOORLING DOORLING undecided
grin grin grin Doorling got me grin grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by rezky(m): 2:31pm On Dec 23, 2022
Religion has brainwashed alot of pple., any small thing spirituality.

Let your mum to tell you whatever spiritual stuff behind her reasons., someone she has not met., yet she's already judging her from afar.

No be every lady wey dey make monee be olosho get to know pple before you judge them.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:

Oga there are students that come from well to do homes...I don't know the kind of ladies that you surround yourself with that makes you think every good looking lady is into prostitution.

74 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2022
rezky:
Religion has brainwashed alot of pple., any small thing spirituality.

Let your mum to tell you whatever spiritual stuff behind her reasons., someone she has not met., yet she's already judging her from afar.

No be every lady wey dey make monee be olosho get to know pple before you judge them.

So what does she do for a living since the op said she doesn't work or into trading?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2022
Return it to her and break that relationship up.

When the two of you are ready and fit to settle down, involve all the relevant parties and establish a proper union.

You'll see that, God willing, there'll be less of issues like this after that undecided

5 Likes

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2022
pyyxxaro:

grin grin you funny abeg, I no be Tony Umez,I am just concerned that she's reading meanings into a little act of kindness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

Oga there are students that come from well to do homes...I don't know the kind of ladies that you surround yourself with that makes you think every good looking lady is into prostitution.
Ode. Did you tell us her parents are well to do?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:37pm On Dec 23, 2022
NoToPile:
Eyah, she (your girlfriend) too should have known better.

As a lady, giving gifts to Inlaws potential inlaws etc needs wisdom because a random act of what you think you call kindness can be seen as something else e. g desperation to be accepted. Some would say the gifts were out of line, some would accept it some would reject it. Buying clothes seems out of line for some people.

I know someone who was chastised for spraying her boyfriends mother money while dancing during a party.

Now I doubt your mum would reject a small basket of fruits.

Well you would have to return it to her with style.

The babe is nice naturally... I cant count how many stuffs she has dashed one single mom and her kids in my compound.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by gasparpisciotta: 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
@Supreme145, go and properly introduce her to your mum as the girl you wish to marry, if you have not done that already.

Some of our parents are highly principled

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
Ode. Did op told you her parents are well to do? He said it clearly that she has no means of livelihood so where and how was she getting the money to be living large on campus as a fashion freak. Some of you no dey reason well atall. Everything must be written in black and white before you understand issues. So tell us how she dey get the money as she no dey work

Oga chill, una too dey para na me be the OP

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:39pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

Oga chill, una too dey para na me be the OP
Then your comment about her parents being well to do was an after thought.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Munzy14(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:
So I've been dating this lady since early this year and everything has been going on smoothly, in fact I even had to tell my mom about her, the first time I would talk to my mother about a lady, but she sounded not too pleased about the lady. Someone she hasn't even met physically.

I've two younger sisters between aged 17 and 15, I didn't like the way they were dressed the last time I visited home so I always try to send them a token every month end to get new cloths. This Xmas I have a lot on my table and have been brainstorming on how to structure my expenses.

My babe is an only child and a fashion freak so she has loads of cloths in her wardrobe. She offered to give some to my sisters without me even asking. She gave me over 30 different pieces of cloths, and bought an ayaya gown or whatever its called for my mom worth around 15k. This is a student that doesn't even have a reliable means of income and I don't give her much. She opened up that she has been saving to get my mom a gift.

I called my mom this morning to tell her that I would be sending the cloths over with some other stuffs I bought for them and she outrightly rejected the girl's gifts citing spiritual reasons that she cant accept gifts from someone she doesn't know. She even accused the girl of trying to pressure me into marriage by pretending to love my family.

I am 30 years old and have dated countless ladies and none has showed genuine concern towards my family like this particular one. It would be so heart breaking to tell her that my mom rejected her gifts knowing how she enthusiastic she was gathering those items.

Sometimes I get tired of my moms spirituality, she's not considering that my sisters even need those items. Those cloths worth over 50k even as second hand materials. I don't understand why she would dislike someone she hasn't even met before.

How do I handle this situation, I don't know what to do with these items, I can't return it to my girlfriend cos it will really hurt her.
You cannever understand a woman, more than her fellow woman...Let's keep you aside, as love is blind they say.. cheesy

Get to know the reason behind this outright rejection..Some mothers are spiritual.

You see mothers, as they age, they fade away from sexual life with fathers to a more spiritual life and closeness to God..They see beyond atimes...In addition to experience.

I remember my mom seeing my big cousin's wife for the first time, her exact words to my Aunt was" I too like this girl" my Aunt was like for real?
She said yes.

And trust me The lady is just perfect if We can say..My cousin is lucky.

Some people frown when they see danger..There spirit rejects such immediately..Though they can succumb under pressure..But will tell you, I told you when issues starts pouring in.

Just get to find out your mom's reason.

My mother will do same if she doesn't know this girl down to her root..In the best interest, suspend the gift and take her home for a proper introduction..So they can interact..Before gifts can come in.

There is a communication gap you need to work on.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Justbehave(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
Supreme145:

grin
Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
peepydelano:

Una too get wahala for here...if girls bill you call them leeches, the few ones that are considerate and show concern you tag them pretenders. Someone that her dad stays abroad and sends her monthly allowance cant save 15k again.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Mom Just Rejected My Girlfriend's Gifts by Supreme145(m): 2:44pm On Dec 23, 2022
Justbehave:
Then your comment about her parents being well to do was an after thought.
So I come here to detail her autobiography for you, I only added it when you pointed it out

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Want To Take My Late Sister's Two Children To Orphanage / Update On The Woman Whose Husband Took To Sharia Court For Praying Too Much"PICS / The Moment A Mother Pleaded With Her Quintuplets To Allow Her To Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.