Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,145 members, 7,821,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time (32264 Views)

What You Need To Know About The Lagos Red And Blueline Metro / Update On Lagos Metro Rail Project: Pictures & Video / Lagos Metro Rail: An Overview Of The True State Of Lagos Rail - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Announced3: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
Lionstep:

In ur small � head nairaland is all about Lagos and Anambra , you thiefnunbu urchin will be relegated come next yr

You Obi supporters and pigs Will be relegated

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by ImperialYoruba: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

If Anambra is overtaxing traders and be making 100 billion naira a month, a poorly built monorail won't be the template to measure her infastructural success! You would have seen something more futuristic. Lagos economy is bigger than that of Benin republic but you agbadorians like to measure dikcs with Gombe and Ebony States! States that don't make as much as a single Local Government in Lagos State! Up the ante! Raise the bar!! Stop lowering the bar into the latrines for havens sake!!!

Shut UP!!!

Tinubu overtaxed traders for infrastructures. Today those traders will enjoy their tax payments.

Obi refused to tax, refused to borrow, but took billions from state treasury and invested in alcohol production, created criminals all over Anambra. Today those criminals are terrorizing ndi Anambra.

If i hear one more pim from your mouth, you go see trouble. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Olowosaudi(m): 1:38pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

I was stating the uncomfortable raw facts without minding whose ox is gored! Why should I be jealous? Jealous of who? Where is the tribal angle to Lagos State imagined or real success that should make me jealous? Was/is Lagos a Yoruba success story? Which part of Lagos development can be solidly attributed to Yoruba ingenuity? Roads? Murtala airport? Tin Can Port? National stadium? National Arts Theater? All the mainland bridges? The flyovers? Festac and Trade Fair Complexs that bring in billions? Egbin Power station? Can you tell me how the Yorubas developed Lagos but failed to develop Oshogbo and link those to my presumed jealousy? Let's start from there.. Because I can see Kaduna and Kano in the North and I can see Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Aba in the East, all propped up by the locals! Can you say anything about Ogbomosho, Akure and Oshogbo for once?

Bros, there is no point arguing with kids who do not have knowledge beyond their noses. If truly Lagos was developed by the so-called Jagaban, why isn't the development translated across the other Yoruba states? Lagos is what it is because of the Federal government policy. Allow the Delta States to enjoy 100% of their oil revenue and we will see how much Lagos will generate from its internal revenues or the houses that are built in Lagos were built by Yorubas only Abi?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by KennethEnyi(m): 1:41pm On Dec 25, 2022
You cannot buy lacasera from the window of this one o…
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Igbek76: 1:42pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

If Anambra is overtaxing traders and be making 100 billion naira a month, a poorly built monorail won't be the template to measure her infastructural success! You would have seen something more futuristic. Lagos economy is bigger than that of Benin republic but you agbadorians like to measure dikcs with Gombe and Ebony States! States that don't make as much as a single Local Government in Lagos State! Up the ante! Raise the bar!! Stop lowering the bar into the latrines for havens sake!!!

You are a bad human being. I wonder how your personal life looks like.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by KennethEnyi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 25, 2022
abbasajao:

Nobody will take this your subjective statement serious.

Roam is not built in a day. We are starting somewhere.

“Roam” abi?

Olodo
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by iReddington: 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

I was stating the uncomfortable raw facts without minding whose ox is gored! Why should I be jealous? Jealous of who? Where is the tribal angle to Lagos State imagined or real success that should make me jealous? Was/is Lagos a Yoruba success story? Which part of Lagos development can be solidly attributed to Yoruba ingenuity? Roads? Murtala airport? Tin Can Port? National stadium? National Arts Theater? All the mainland bridges? The flyovers? Festac and Trade Fair Complexs that bring in billions? Egbin Power station? Can you tell me how the Yorubas developed Lagos but failed to develop Oshogbo and link those to my presumed jealousy? Let's start from there.. Because I can see Kaduna and Kano in the North and I can see Onitsha, Port Harcourt and Aba in the East, all propped up by the locals! Can you say anything about Ogbomosho, Akure and Oshogbo for once?

You're hateful and bitter, a disgusting trait that is common and rampant among your tribe and kinsmen, keep writing storied tales, it's obvious for anyone to see that you're just spinning different rhetorics to undermine the success of Lagos under the leadership and adminstration of the Yorubas. Your region is in utter shambles, unproductive, forgotten and terrorized, but Lagos and Yorubas is your problem.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by porthouse7(f): 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
Not for igbos please, they should go and ride in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by porthouse7(f): 1:46pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:
And the celebration of Mediocrity continues unabated...
Not for igbos please, they should go and ride in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Spandau: 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
seunmsg:

We accept that the Lagos railway is mediocrity. Where is the world standard Onitsha monorail that Peter Obi initiated vide an MOU in 2010? Is 12 years not enough to get the project beyond the MOU stage?

I can see that you have rewarded yourself with a Xmas gift of generating likes with your bots. You think I won't notice?
Cc: seun
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 1:51pm On Dec 25, 2022
Sannisege:
And they want Nigeria to be like Anambra or Adamawa. Never! We are moving forward with Asiwaju, the visionary leader.

The same OSU cannot even travel home for Christmas ooo

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Allisgud: 1:53pm On Dec 25, 2022
How much are they charging from mile2 to cms
Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 1:54pm On Dec 25, 2022
ShinnBet:

They are so stupid that they fall for every bait thread to expose their dark evil and jealous hearts.

Osus are wicked jealous bastards

HATRED, JEALOUSY and BIGOTRY is the trademark of South East

3 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Ckonnet: 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

It's worth celebrating in this part of the world where politicians are so selfish, my region has nothing to show for and iam very ashamed of that.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Elemosho478: 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

When you're done with your trademark uncouth gutter vituperations, you should lecture the reading public on why Abeokuta, Oshogbo, Ogbomosho and Akure are all looking like Allepo, Fallujah, Siirt and Kabul.. Do you know that many northern state capitals will easily trump your capitals?
Fix yourself and Stop claiming everything Lagos! Lagos is a Nigerian story..

Your brothers are in thousands in those places you mentioned making a living, You would think the East is barren and war torn when you see them there.

Those places you mentioned are more prosperous than your SadEast, Fallujah, Aleppo fit the descriptions of SadEast, barren and wartorn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLQ6tD6mMtI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNjcpKjwXs

3 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Gozac: 1:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:
Thank you so much, after 12 or more years just from marina to Mile 2, and people are hailing. Many hailing it are either people who have not left the shores of this country or just people benefiting from this failed nation

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 25, 2022
Abassmt:
please, I'm begging on behalf of this guy you people should take it easy.

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by femlad97(m): 2:01pm On Dec 25, 2022
seunmsg:

We accept that the Lagos railway is mediocrity. Where is the world standard Onitsha monorail that Peter Obi initiated vide an MOU in 2010? Is 12 years not enough to get the project beyond the MOU stage?
u forgot to add one year and 3 month strike of anambra state doctors on 2010

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

Coming from someone that is a failure to his immediate family and generation.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Elemosho478: 2:06pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

What can your type do in igboland apart from selling agbo and sewing babaringa?
I mean let's be realistic for once; which area of human endeavor will you outcompete the igbos in their dormain, apart from these your traditional areas of specialty? Even the Chinese and the Lebanese struggle business wise in igboland for this same reason. You haven't noticed that? Igboland is highly competitive! Men fed by their wives like you will easily die off there.. You stand no chance. Stop blaming them for your laziness and cultural incapacity to tango and compete..

I mean, we are talking about a people that have turned you into an etternaly grumbling tenant in your own fatherland for which you have turned every thread on this site into a wailing destination! If they can so easily mess you up in your own land, how do you plan to compete in their own land? It's not that they aren't "unaccommodating" as you will conviniently pass it off, it's just that there are a million of them already doing whatever you plan to do in their land, while this is not the case in your land. This explains the migratory patterns but village hate won't allow you to face the facts!

Your pain not mine..

The east is barren and not viable for business, that explain the low IGR. You troop in to our region daily to make a living, no Yoruba would be interested in going to a place that people troop out daily like it is war torn.

Which sector in Nigeria can your curse Osu lineage compete with Yoruba, ICT, Education ,Entertainment, Culture, Industry, Real Estate etc even in Diapora UK and US your generation cannot compete with Yoruba .

You overrated your SadEast lol

3 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 2:08pm On Dec 25, 2022
saintrow1:

You are not making any sense, you are just hateful, jealous and bitter. That is why God can never bless people like you, you have the spirit of anti success and progress. That is why some of you will pray and fast but God will continue to decline your prayers and leave you frustrated and bitter.
Taxes are collected in every reasonable society. It is up to the leaders to do the right things. The facts remains that Peter obi is a useless and foolish governor who preferred to invest In beer parlor business rather than infrastructure that will benefit the state.

South East are the only people that would blame Tinubu for the failure of eastern governors

3 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Raf4: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

Lagos is overtaxing traders, yet your people are trooping to Lagos every day and night to earn a living.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 25, 2022
Gozac:

Thank you so much, after 12 or more years just from marina to Mile 2, and people are hailing. Many hailing it are either people who have not left the shores of this country or just people benefiting from this failed nation

We will celebrate it because it’s a step in the right direction. It is a blessing for those commuting within that corridor, at least it will save them long hours in traffic. People like you never attract good things to your life’s because you are always negative and never positive.

2 Likes

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by obi58: 2:10pm On Dec 25, 2022
seunmsg:

Do you know when the MOU for the design of the Lagos metro was signed? Not 10 years ago? Not even when Tinubu was governor .... During the era of Lateef Jakande!!! So which one is worse.?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 2:11pm On Dec 25, 2022
nedekid:

As someone wrore earlier concerning the badagry bridge interchange and I quote,

"Oga, without a car, or money to enter bus that will ply that road, it is no benefit to you, be you Yoruba, igbo, Hausa, Fulani, efik, irobo, tiv etc.
Without money to buy ticket to enter the new metro line or brt bus, you cannot enjoy the service.
Until you can approach any of these services and show them you apc ID, or raise your chest high and declare you are Yoruba and from Lagos, they then give you free access, you are no different from any other Nigerian.
Infact the train will leave you behind and carry a calabar man in Lagos with a valid ticket than an omo onile."

I am a Northerner and I am appalled at the way S/E have been pouring HATRED on such a laudable project.

I have seen such train projects working outside Nigeria and no one cares who you are.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
DesignMaestro:
Is there any city in your God forsaken southeast that is as developed as Ibadan? Is it the FG that built Ibadan too? Is there anything in any of your southeastern cities that is not in Oshogbo, Abeokuta or Akure? List them. Let's know how any of your southeast cities is better than oshogbo.

My brother, please there is no need to compare Ibadan to the BARREN land called S/E

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by stuffs2002: 2:25pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

Guy, I am a Northerner and can tell you that there is too much envy on this post

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2022
obi58:

Do you know when the MOU for the design of the Lagos metro was signed? Not 10 years ago? Not even when Tinubu was governor .... During the era of Lateef Jakande!!! So which one is worse.?

SMH. A simple google search would have saved you this embarrassment.

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by blueAgent(m): 2:27pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

So true.
100%

Collect one cold Bottle of Hero.

But abeg return the bottle grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by CSTRR: 2:34pm On Dec 25, 2022
This project was $300M on the Chinese stock exchange.

According to the Lagos State govt, this project cost $1.2billion.

I fear who no fear tinubu boys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excitement As Lagosians Ride A Metro For The First Time by blueAgent(m): 2:35pm On Dec 25, 2022
owobokiri:

What can your type do in igboland apart from selling agbo and sewing babaringa?
I mean let's be realistic for once; which area of human endeavor will you outcompete the igbos in their dormain, apart from these your traditional areas of specialty? Even the Chinese and the Lebanese struggle business wise in igboland for this same reason. You haven't noticed that? Igboland is highly competitive! Men fed by their wives like you will easily die off there.. You stand no chance. Stop blaming them for your laziness and cultural incapacity to tango and compete..

I mean, we are talking about a people that have turned you into an etternaly grumbling tenant in your own fatherland for which you have turned every thread on this site into a wailing destination! If they can so easily mess you up in your own land, how do you plan to compete in their own land? It's not that they aren't "unaccommodating" as you will conviniently pass it off, it's just that there are a million of them already doing whatever you plan to do in their land, while this is not the case in your land. This explains the migratory patterns but village hate won't allow you to face the facts!

Your pain not mine..

So true.

Thumbs up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kenyan Motorcyclist Carries 4 Passengers At Once (Photo, Video) / Foreign Airlines Are Underpricing Us - Alex Onyema / Bus Somersaults 3 Times In Enugu While Avoiding Hilux, 6 Burnt (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.