Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,526 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? (36033 Views)

Foreigners Troop To Nigeria As Citizens Japa In Search Of Greener Pastures / Int’l Travels: Airfares Hit Rooftop In Nigeria As Ghanaians, Others Pay Less / A Drive Through Tinapa Resort In Calabar(2022 Review) What Exactly Happened? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by TWoods(m): 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
Kendra1990:
I can't see Nigeria here but I can see USA

More likely because you don’t keep reliable statistics.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
Karlifate:

WTH

Everyone knows Ikeja, but only you know "ikejia"

This thread is for Nigeria residents, not citizens of [i]ikejia[/i]king of ikejia na so una danfo people dey pronounce am.Ikejia .ajia your.highness the king .

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:44pm On Dec 26, 2022
ratiken:
The rich is Nigeria don’t even know how to enjoy their wealth. Mostly liqour, women and status activities.

What happens to exploring the globe in a yatch?
What happens to traveling and learning other cultures?

What exactly is the enjoyment?
enjoyment is relative. dont try to impose your idea of enjoyment on others. thats called narcissism. the bolded i personally dont see as enjoyment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
Blurpy:
I’m telling you! Only clubbing and fucking different women. Nothing more !
you can do that anywhere. oh you mean in naija you have the time to do it because you are not busy chasing your bills 24 7.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Babysho(m): 5:47pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
wetin concern Nigeria rich Man with resturant . When he can employ a cook for 30k and be serve at home .healthy home made food for himself and extended family in his 15 bedroom mansion . You are talking of Yahoo boys those no follow for rich men .

Unfortunately, you have made a fool of yourself in a bid to appear like you know what you're talking about. I'm saying it as I see it sorry.

Rich people overseas also have private chefs but when they want to have a date or a business meeting they go to restaurants, expensive private restaurants.

I can't even believe this is what you chose to point out from all what I wrote.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

using same Nigeria as a case study, imagine over 100 million Nigerians having guns.

what do you think will happen to ordinary Lagos road rage when everyone has gun? cases that should have ended with "do you know who I am'' will now end with either or both parties going to the mortuary, any and everybody is a walking dead at every point, and we will all need bulletproof vests to step out in Lagos

personal vendettas will be the order of the day, how many shootings has personal individual foil compared to the number of people dying from mass shooting

this will leave us with only security and professional criminals having guns, at least one bored dude won't just wake up and kill tens

if guns are legalized, criminals will simply get grenades and RGP, are we going to legalize grenades too to counter outlaw

A responsible, modern and fast security is the more reliable way to combat outlaws rather than relying on untrained and unstable civilians to do the delicate work of security personnel

you talk like a stark illiterate... lipsrsealed everyone has knifes in their house, why arent they using it to kill each other...

wait even cutlass, why arent people using it to kill each other
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:50pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Shebi I dey argue with you before. My eyes don see pepper.
you sef you dey ride bike upandan for naija streets like say you be bullet proof guy grin

you know how many rich men pikin bike accident done collect ? that rich man that was on frontage for owning an airline who just recently died that guy son na bike accident kill am ooo. and many like that. even our yusuf buhari na God preserve him life after accident

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:51pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Bro.

The sad part is I’m not medically fit enough for a flight ti at least Atlanta.
LORD is your strength

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 5:52pm On Dec 26, 2022
Babysho:

Unfortunately, you have made a fool of yourself in a bid to appear like you know what you're talking about. I'm saying it as I see it sorry.

Rich people overseas also have private chefs but when they want to have a date or a business meeting they go to restaurants, expensive private restaurants.

you must be very stupid .we are talking of rich Nigerians and not rich Russian or American or Arab .mumu. wetin concern AA rano with eating for restaurant. Wawa. How many meeting you don see dangote for inside restaurant .no be board room Nigeria rich men dey host meeting .
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:54pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Every time I google this medical helicopter I get the same stale picture from a 2016 article grin

Why doesn’t Tinubu use the world class hospitals he built in Lagos?
colonial mentality as fela go talk. undecided grin

but if you want pictures of more copters i can supply
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 5:55pm On Dec 26, 2022
koning:

You've said it all. Nothing more to add. You even exaggerated the insurance. I pay N5,000 a year, 3rd party.

I don't have any need whatsoever to live in the West again. Been there for close to 30 yrs.

With money, Nigeria is best.

which country did you live in for 30 years? and what do you do for a living to claim nigeria is best grin grin
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 5:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
Whooa Nigerians una don change the topic to e fight . Bye .
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
you sef you dey ride bike upandan for naija streets like say you be bullet proof guy grin

you know how many rich men pikin bike accident done collect ? that rich man that was on frontage for owning an airline who just recently died that guy son na bike accident kill am ooo. and many like that. even our yusuf buhari na God preserve him life after accident

I didn’t have a motorcycle accident.

Let’s be factual.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:57pm On Dec 26, 2022
AngelicBeing:
You had good intentions and you planned your gradual movement to Nigeria but even at your decision to move back, l was not too comfortable but l didn't want to argue much with you, if you see what I went through all through the years l tried to settle back permanently in Nigeria, until l took a final decision to just continue to be a visitor, Nigeria don cast oo, several returnees were kidnapped and some were frustrated back to the Western world, sad
bros that one na your own talk ooo. many failures abroad came to nigeria to be superstars. example davido, tiwa savage, dbanj don jazzy, ikechukwu, banky w etc etc
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
uche393:
if I get a second passport today, I will prefer staying in Nigeria but also travel round the world.

we have a lot of advantage in Niger, only insecurity and bad economy.

The only joy I will have to stay in this current Nigeria is if I'm earning in USD.

you will get enough babes to babes to knack with Little or less issues than here in UK.
thats cuz ya game is not tight brah. from my experience the uk women are dirt cheap. you dont need money to get with them. but naija babes ? you dont have money ? just foggerit
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
colonial mentality as fela go talk. undecided grin

but if you want pictures of more copters i can supply
Ok let me see the pictures of this alleged functioning helicopter service

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Karlifate: 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2022

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by headboyprince(m): 5:59pm On Dec 26, 2022
deavicky:
you can commit any crime and go away with it.
wow heart of a black man is wicked... i regret been a black man cry
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by AngelicBeing: 6:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
InvertedHammer:

/

Unless you have lived outside Nigeria, made a lot of money; you can never understand. The serenity you seem to enjoy abroad will get boring over time. Even when some people travel to many other countries for fun, they quickly realize that it is mainly for bragging rights because once you have been to one, you have pretty much been to many others. All developed nations look the same. All shithole countries look the same.

/
Lol at shithole countries tongue
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 6:02pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
baba you done tire for naija already ?

Please quote where I said I was tired of Nigeria.

I’ll never be tired of Nigeria. She’s my homeland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by deavicky(m): 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
headboyprince:
wow heart of a black man is wicked... i regret been a black man cry
you think it's about my heart or what is happening in the country?. Irrespective of any country or anywhere you are, you can not even be as peaceful as I am. Regard regretting being blackman is not because what the black man do but inferiority complex is ur problem.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ahiboilandgas: 6:03pm On Dec 26, 2022
[quote author=Karlifate post=119449198][/quote]so that idiots cannot respond Abu?
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by EgunMogaji2: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Time to go back to hibernation.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
BigName101:
You're very right bros. I thought life abroad was heaven until I got here. While in Nigeria I thought depression was 'greek' until I got here and now suffering from it. Life abroad no be am at all even when you are rich, bills and taxes to dey give you heart attack every month end.
you af tawk it finish
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Jakumo(m): 6:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Babysho:

In 2017 I had the privilege of visiting the river-front house of a CEO with national responsibilities and global influence resident in Canada, and noted that there was NO house help of any sort in or outside his modest middle-class suburban residence. The CEO cooked his own meals and occasionally his wife shared that duty. This is the only truly wealthy man I have the privilege of knowing and visiting outside Nigeria, and it was there I arrived at the conclusion that outside of Hollywood, it is unusual for even the wealthy to hire chefs or full-time cleaners.

In Nigeria, a corporate head of similar status would have a battalion of personal employees at his beck and call. The understated humility of the Canadians in general was a revelation to me. During that same visit to Canada, while walking along the street passing Ottawa's Houses of Parliament, my host stopped to introduce me to a well-dressed pedestrian hurrying past at a brisk walk, alone.

After the sharply-suited man had walked off unaccompanied by anyone, my host stunned me by informing me I had just shaken hands with Canada's Minister of Finance, a billionaire in his own right before assuming office. Even after many years living in America, I experienced culture shock that day, realizing that this man who walked ALONE down a street of his capital city, with NO entourage in sight, was none other than the nation's freaking Minister of Finance.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Karlifate: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
so that idiots cannot respond Abu?

Zaria
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 6:10pm On Dec 26, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Please quote where I said I was tired of Nigeria.

I’ll never be tired of Nigeria. She’s my homeland.
oh ok chief

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Advancedman(m): 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2022
Gerrard59:
While discussing with some buddies yesterday, we touched on the topic “moving back to Nigeria”. I argued that Nigeria is not safe. Sure, there are places that are pretty “safe”. However, my notion of safety is when other people elsewhere can go about their normal activities without fear. For instance, I don’t consider a place safe if one part of the area keeps suffering repeated attacks from Fulani herdsmen (like Southern Kaduna and Plateau). I don’t have to be the affected party, but others who go about their normal activities should feel safe doing them. The other guy countered that, with money, one could enjoy Nigeria. “Live in Maitama, run Lister generator and live quietly.” Also, you get to be in a place where almost everyone looks like you.

Upon hearing “…with money, one can enjoy Nigeria”, I asked him to list five things/ways one can enjoy Nigeria as long as the person has money. Surprisingly, he could not mention one thing/way. I thought it wise to throw it to the house, especially for those who are anti-Japa or those who have stayed abroad for a long time and currently reside in Nigeria.

As someone with money, what exactly does the person enjoy in Nigeria? What are the differences compared to his/her counterpart in say, Namibia or Canada/UK that also has money? How do you enjoy Nigeria provided the money is available?

P.S. I understand that the notion of “enjoyment” is largely subjective. Some enjoy going to parties, while others enjoy travelling around or even reading a book while in a park. But I believe there are some universal notions of enjoyment.

Intimidating and oppressing others perceived lower to your class, acting larger than life and playing god over others considered below you.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
What are you people constituting as ‘rich’ abroad by the way?

I feel like people are comparing being rich in Nigeria to a middle class lifestyle abroad
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by Rinoxy: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
Timmi:

The insecurity is in every country. And Nigeria is relatively safer than most countries in Africa and even in the western world. It’s all about staying safe at where you are.
You made sense.
Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by sukkot: 6:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
ibkayee:

Ok let me see the pictures of this alleged functioning helicopter service
here is another one run by an expatriate

Re: What Exactly Does One Enjoy In Nigeria As A Rich Person? by ibkayee(f): 6:13pm On Dec 26, 2022
sukkot:
here is another one
Get me a source mate, how am I sure you didn’t just screenshot this from a movie on IROKOtv

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Nigerian Beaches Have Lost Its Glory. My Journey To Oniru Beach / Self-driving Buses Where You Pay By Scanning Your Palm,Are Now In China / Bonny-Bille-Nembe Jetty Port Harcourt In Pictures (Video)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.