Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. (22666 Views)

❗Don't Buy A Car Without Inviting Me To Inspect It For You❗❗ / Peugeot E-legend That Drives Itself: Car Without Driver Got Nigerians Talking / BMW Introduces Wireless Charging To Charge Your Car Without Cables (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by ultimateprof: 11:06am On Dec 28, 2022
In summary from my own experiences of car buying, I will say that buying Nigeria used cars and in some cases Tokumbo cars is like inviting Devil into your bank account to destroy it and leave you with high BP. Again, you see those cars that normally have small gallon at the top indicating for sale, my brother fear such cars if you don't want to die Young. As for mechanics, hmmmm.... those guys will not die well and if they mistakenly die well, they will not sleep well.
In conclusion; if you cannot afford a brand new car, go for Tokumbo with an intensive prayers and carefulness. If you decide to go for Nigeria used cars, no it that from that day that you have become an ATM machine for those wicked Nigeria machine. I rest my case!

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by kripen(m): 11:06am On Dec 28, 2022
jabberjawz:

Engine check light will come on in the dashboard, fuel consumption will be abnormal.....you might have to do a scan to see the error codes from the scan.

Thanks we all are learning from experience men like you guys.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by kezienaira: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2022
ICEWIN:

Why u no stay for your village invest?
my junior bro went back to the village he makes 3-5k daily

Na you be village
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 11:12am On Dec 28, 2022
TheLastSamurai:
Bought a Naija used Audi Q7 back in 2019 because I had an urgent need for SUV back then even though the money I spent purchasing the Q7 could've bought me a more durable Avalon or Lexus 350 Direct if I had exercised a little more patience. In the spirit of 'no long yanning' I'd save you the long gist and go straight to the end, within a year I ended up selling the car for a scrap price after spending over 2.5million taking it from one workshop to the other.

Never in my life will I repeat such again.
Sorry about that
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Hoelujohn: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2022
BATified2023:
It amazes me that people will go n buy without taking professionals along with them, I once saw a thread here about a guy that bought murano from a nairalander even when he knew nothing about cars n it’s part…… it later became a story that touch from real life angle

With my experience over the years, one thing u should always put at d back of your mind is that u are only free from troubles if the car is brand new, once it is Tokunbo, hand to hand no matter d grade u must work on d car either to suit your taste or something but the most important thing is that make sure all major parts are well in place

So if I wan spend money it won’t b on major part but minor parts probably body work,seat n few other minor things
And you want us to vote a man whose major body parts (brain) is not functioning well? Can you see that the economy will knock like car engine.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Lordshoggy(m): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2022
okay, last year December i was planning to come to Nigeria from abroad to visit my family as well as launch my newly built house. so, i asked one of my personal person to help me buy a muscle camry, this person searched the part of lagos but the car he was showing me on video had one issue or the other.

so finally he got me this clean interior car, showed me the engine, all on video but i asked him to get a mechanic. he actually fo get a mechanic to check and the mechanics said if we can spend about 100,000 naira, the car will be in perfect condition has i want.

i paid for the car 1.8m and additional 150,000 to get the car in good condition. with the 150,000 naira, the following was changed.
(1) power steering rack
(2) the hub for the two legs.
(3) servicing
and so on.

where i noticed there is problem was when it wasnt the car that was used to pick i and my wife from the airports.

i finally saw the car they bought for me when i got home, and i was not impressed..it looks like an abandoned crap car.

from that moments, each day we drove the car out, it will always develop fault and die on the road. i keep on spending for this road side lagos agberos, wheneve they see the car is dead. from over heating to bad gear and so on.

so the engine first knock, i toyed it with #15,000

i change the block, with workmanship #150,000

i buy new car battery #21,000

i managed to fix the leaking radiator two times #6,000

the gear spoilt, i repaird it and paid #70,000 with workmanship.

whenever the car is climbing hill, it slow down speed..i complain this to rewire.

rewire changed, oil pump,
all the coil.
buy a whole new fuse box.
total money that goes to rewire is about 100,000 naira.

i planned selling this car, but each time people come looking, they price this car for 1 m naira, giving excuse they will change the engine and bake the body. some even call the call scrap.

i got angry with this price and bought a new engine myself at ladipo, i bought the engine for 450,000 naira. transport and the person i sent total was 500,000 naira.

mechanic workmanship was #10,000.

after this, the car condition changed alittle but the problem of not being able to climb the hill still persist.

i later was introduced to another mechanic, and this person did a great job and the total he charged me to make my car in good condition was #120,000. i aslo end up paying his rewire another #20,000.

after all this nightmare, i sold the muscle camry few months ago for 1.7m naira.

i had to go to church for thanks giving that this car left my life.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Foodie1(m): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2022
Kai, e get car (Toyota carina E) wey my papa buy give us as children car, wey we go carry dey go school, the motor no dey reverse na only front e dey go. grin cheesy

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Sportwin(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
nurey:

Contact Gazzuzz he is reliable when available

Gazuzz said he's no longer fixing honda accords

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2022
Lordshoggy:
okay, last year December i was planning to come to Nigeria from abroad to visit my family as well as launch my newly built house. so, i asked one of my personal person to help me buy a muscle camry, this person searched the part of lagos but the car he was showing me on video had one issue or the other.

so finally he got me this clean interior car, showed me the engine, all on video but i asked him to get a mechanic. he actually fo get a mechanic to check and the mechanics said if we can spend about 100,000 naira, the car will be in perfect condition has i want.

i paid for the car 1.8m and additional 150,000 to get the car in good condition. with the 150,000 naira, the following was changed.
(1) power steering rack
(2) the hub for the two legs.
(3) servicing
and so on.

where i noticed there is problem was when it wasnt the car that was used to pick i and my wife from the airports.

i finally saw the car they bought for me when i got home, and i was not impressed..it looks like an abandoned crap car.

from that moments, each day we drove the car out, it will always develop fault and die on the road. i keep on spending for this road side lagos agberos, wheneve they see the car is dead. from over heating to bad gear and so on.

so the engine first knock, i toyed it with #15,000

i change the block, with workmanship #150,000

i buy new car battery #21,000

i managed to fix the leaking radiator two times #6,000

the gear spoilt, i repaird it and paid #70,000 with workmanship.

whenever the car is climbing hill, it slow down speed..i complain this to rewire.

rewire changed, oil pump,
all the coil.
buy a whole new fuse box.
total money that goes to rewire is about 100,000 naira.

i planned selling this car, but each time people come looking, they price this car for 1 m naira, giving excuse they will change the engine and bake the body. some even call the call scrap.

i got angry with this price and bought a new engine myself at ladipo, i bought the engine for 450,000 naira. transport and the person i sent total was 500,000 naira.

mechanic workmanship was #10,000.

after this, the car condition changed alittle but the problem of not being able to climb the hill still persist.

i later was introduced to another mechanic, and this person did a great job and the total he charged me to make my car in good condition was #120,000. i aslo end up paying his rewire another #20,000.

after all this nightmare, i sold the muscle camry few months ago for 1.7m naira.

i had to go to church for thanks giving that this car left my life

What an experience......I'm available for your quality inspection service if you want to buy a car next time
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by BATified2023: 11:19am On Dec 28, 2022
Hoelujohn:

And you want us to vote a man whose major body parts (brain) is not functioning well? Can you see that the economy will knock like car engine.
are u his doctor?

Any medical report to back it up that his brain isn’t working or we should just believe u cos u don’t like him?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by nurey(m): 11:20am On Dec 28, 2022
Sportwin:

Gazuzz said he's no longer fixing honda accords

Contact luvinghubby on NL he may have a link for you @ oyingbo or better still go to the honda maintenance thread and find out.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Hoelujohn: 11:21am On Dec 28, 2022
BATified2023:
are u his doctor?

Any medical report to back it up that his brain isn’t working or we should just believe u cos u don’t like him?
I have been supporting Tinubu all my life starting from when he was in AD. I knew he has passed his prime .

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Sportwin(m): 11:23am On Dec 28, 2022
nurey:

Contact luvinghubby on NL he may have a link for you @ oyingbo or better still go to the honda maintenance thread and find out.

I have asked on the thread no reply yet
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by nurey(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2022
Sportwin:

I have asked on the thread no reply yet

Contact luvinghubby or hondajosh if they can recommend anybody for you
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by BATified2023: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2022
Hoelujohn:
I have been supporting Tinubu all my life starting from when he was in AD. I knew he has passed his prime .
assistant God welldone

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Kennyfancy(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2022
jabberjawz:
Inspected the cars (both tokunbo), but didn't know that they stole the catalyst b4 selling the cars, they both consume fuel like maaad..... Corolla & V6 Rav4
how do you know if the catalyst is still in place ?
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Hoelujohn: 11:29am On Dec 28, 2022
BATified2023:
assistant God welldone
I am not. I love Tinubu. I want him to enjoy his old age.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Cutehector(m): 11:32am On Dec 28, 2022
Niftkid:

I just can't can if it aint brand new. grin
correct guy
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by 4laferarri(m): 11:33am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:
Why do we need car inspection, because over 90% of Nigerians buy used cars, yes even the ones that come from abroad need inspection because they re used .

Car inspections are good if done by professional mechanics, not just people who are into it for money? Honesty is key , I have seen car inspection done without any real physical inspection , like how it was done in the days of Cars45.

Misleading and deceptive.

If you re buying a used Nigerian car, prepare your self for some serious maintenance work, especially if the previous owner did not maintain the car well.

Every car seller on nairaland will tell you the cars are well maintained

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by AK481(m): 11:40am On Dec 28, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
In 2010, I bought a Nigerian used car that almost made me commit suicide. Today, na radiator, tomorrow, na carburetor. I drove the car to an event one day, and that was the end. It never came back home with me.

You dash them?
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Cti28(m): 11:42am On Dec 28, 2022
gbengaoyeladun:
Mine was 2017, I went with my mechanic to inspect the car, I don't know maybe they use juju for both of us. Anyway I bought the car for 1m but the market value of that car is 4m. After we left the car stand, we have to push the car to my house and since that day, if am going out my mechanic is always inside the car with me, even on my wedding day,my mechanic is my best man.
This one crack me up. I other words, mechanic workshop has become your most visited place.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 28, 2022
AderonkeOlaniyi:
In 2010, I bought a Nigerian used car that almost made me commit suicide. Today, na radiator, tomorrow, na carburetor. I drove the car to an event one day, and that was the end. It never came back home with me.

You mean you abandoned the Car at the venuegrin

You wan pepper your enemies say you no dey do leggedies benz again and you go buy Nigeria Usedgrin

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Oluseglon(m): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2022
My sour experience was in 2012 with a Nigerian used baby boy. The gear of the ride nearly send me back to village. I replaced gear like 4 times before I woke up from that disastrous path. However I love the ride sha cos anytime e dey in good condition I dey use am enter anywhere. Started buying new rides or clean toks after that experience

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Nicepoker(m): 11:46am On Dec 28, 2022
nairalee:
My own experience is that I wanted to buy the car without proper inspection of my pocket.

When I heard the price, I now inspected my life and decided to remain humble and Trek as a true follower of Christ.

Remember heaven is only for those who WALK with the Lord
Its even stated in the Bible that " And the prophets were in one ACCORD" meaning Honda vehicle was available that time. Go and get a car. grin

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by owunabastard: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2022
From what I read here, the bottom line is to inspect the car with a qualified mechanic that must have scanners to scan the vehicle well. Most mechanics are still working without scanners, depending on gazing job.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Michael547(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2022
owunabastard:
From what I read here, the bottom line is to inspect the car with a qualified mechanic that must have scanners to scan the vehicle well. Most mechanics are still working without scanners, depending on gazing job.
Very correct

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Sportwin(m): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2022
nurey:

Contact luvinghubby or hondajosh if they can recommend anybody for you
Thanks boss
Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by NEUDUDE: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2022
kripen:

These people that fall mugu to them are worst than armed robbers, because car sold for 2m in market price you want to buy it 1m or even below. Them never scam una reach.

You would be surprised that the said persons falling for this scam. Think they are the wisest in real life lol grin

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by doneback04: 11:57am On Dec 28, 2022
Corrosiveman:
I wanted to buy from Customs from Facebook
Not knowing I have been Scammed

All this are scammer, pls take note

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by slimmoney(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
pray make car no frustrate u to the level wey u go park am 4 road nd never come back.
AK481:

You dash them?

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Vaabra(f): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
9free:
Still battling with my latest purchase. Bought a 2012 Camry with inspection from Lagos in March. Only to discover that it has hard gear shifting issue especially from gear 4 through 6.
Changed the gear box around July costing about 750K(transmission + labour+ tranny oil) and only enjoyed 2weeks of flawless driving then bam the same issue hard gear shifting issue arose again.
Since then I have been managing the car like that but then I now drive it on manual mode having discovered that I can drive it solely on the third gear to anywhere.
Could be the brain box. Got one Hyundai Santa fe that had same issue. Went for scan, was told it was a solenoid valve in the gear. Changed all the valve in the gear, problem persisted until the brain box was changed.

Re: Relate Your Bad Experience Of Buying A Bad Car Without Proper Inspection. by Ransomtheking(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Some cars might be good when you buy them,but na your village pipu fit dey follow uuu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Use The Recirculate Button In Your Vehicle / The Rate At Which Fuel Burn So Fast Right Now Scares Me / Tips On Buying A Used Mercedes Benz Car - The Pros And Cons

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57