Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man (23544 Views)

Check Out My Daughters' Emotional Reaction To Our Baby Amnouncement / Christmas Gift For My Daughters / I Was Disvirgined By My Biological Father At 10 - Girl Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man by Flamemignon1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
Nia69:
Lol, I knew you'd get tired of explaining things to them.
At this point,if they can't acquire the knowledge they need then the banter is off, it's exhausting
Re: I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2022
Flamemignon1:

At this point,if they can't acquire the knowledge they need then the banter is off, it's exhausting
I agree. smiley

1 Like

Re: I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man by Gerrard59(m): 4:20am On Dec 31, 2022
This is what I have been saying that men not women develop societies. The concept is good because it means many girls will strive to be virgins before marriage so that her family gets the bride price from the suitor. "She is not a virgin, no bride price". The same happens in the Middle East, the reason Arab ladies who studied and worked in the west undergo Vaginoplasty before returning to the region to get married. Because they know the societal consequences if they get married as non-virgins.

For instance, when the rate of recently married women who could not procreate immediately after marriage rose, the prospective husbands changed by insisting on impregnating their prospective wives before wedding them the traditional or church way. So, you see? Men create the systems, women just integrate into them. However, I will like to see how present-day fathers impose such a rule when their wives were not virgins before marriage.
Re: I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man by Gerrard59(m): 4:24am On Dec 31, 2022
SIRTee15:

In this century? Abegi stop supporting nonsense.
I stand with the man. It's either we do away with bride price or we do it right.
How can u pay 1.2 million for a runs girls or community cheerful giver. As a man, what exactly are u paying for? Where's your pride as a man paying such amount for a lady that has been mounted by countless men. It's nothing but fraud.

Honestly, I support it, considering the costs many men incur during marriage rites. It will be a hooge game changer, honestly. If you want the family to get paid bride price, you have to be a virgin. That way, both genders across the nuclear and extended families will ensure their daughters and even sons are virgins before marriage.

As for the bold, it is the reason I am also fixed on virginity - it is a poor ROI to get married to a woman who has had sex many times especially as there is no logical reason for a man to get married these days.

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Collect Bride Price For My Daughters If Disvirgined Before Marriage- Man by JohnnA1: 7:24pm On Dec 31, 2022
ukaface:
virginity is still a plus
Don’t normalize immorality
She may not be the ‘ best’ but at least allow her own her pride
And any guy that choose a virgin or non virgin I’m sure definitely has his reasons
Best comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wife Travelling Without Consent ? / My Lil Bro Plays With Girls, How Do I Stop It? / Are You Enjoying Your Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.