Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:56 PM

Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL (3410 Views)

2023: Why Obaseki And Wike's War Is Not In The Best Interest Of The SS / Wike: Jonathan will automatically loose the support of the SS if he joins APC / Open Referendum For Tribes In The SS, Igbos, Or Ijaws[photos,video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 10:31am On Dec 28, 2022
Hello Seun/Mods,

I have been lurking here for some years now but decided to create an account so as to bring to your attention a disturbing trend I have noticed coming mostly from people of the SE who post here.

It concerns their consistent use of the ambiguous "SS/SE" which they subtly are trying to morph into one.

We all know the history of the disastrous old Eastern region and how minorities from the lower Niger were subject to severe marginalization by the majority Igbo.

We also know how all efforts by the so-called minorities to leave the old eastern region was systematically and ruthlessly shutdown by the Igbo majority in Enugu.

We are also not ignorant of what was the prime motive behind the declaration of Biafra after the Gowon military dictatorship created states which saw to the minorities in the old eastern region being carved out.

We also know how Biafra died a natural death after the annexed minority regions were liberated from the Igbo tyranny known as Biafra.

We are also aware of Igbo attempts to repeat this folly in the form of a revamped Biafran project under the Afro Zionists group IPOB.

Now we are seeing attempts by the Igbos to corral the peoples of the SS under a political and social umbrella by consistently and unrelentlessly deploying the ambiguous SS/SE nomenclature in all their posts regarding this coming elections.

To continue allowing this abhorrent and subversive nomenclature to litter this section is tantamount to bowing to both Igbo expansionist and annexation claims of the SS as well as an insult to the independence of the peoples of the SS, thus a support for Biafra restoration and seccessionism.

The SS is a region of diverse people with distinct cultural, political and tribal identities separate from the larger Igbo polity. Yes, we have Igboid peoples but they have always preferred to not have anything to do with the larger Igbo populace .

I suggest that henceforth, all posts that insists on using the ambiguous and paradoxical wordings of SS/SE be auto censored to " SS and SE" or better yet, the post flagged as spam, deleted and the poster banned.

Thank you.

25 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by triple996(m): 10:38am On Dec 28, 2022
Totally agree with op

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by tollyboy5(m): 11:05am On Dec 28, 2022
if we refer to west we say southwest.

i wonder why some people always use SS/SE . i do seprate them, im so much aware of difference.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by fman(m): 11:13am On Dec 28, 2022
All of una na Southerners
Be u SS,SE or SW
Op is just pained by the proximity and
similarity of language/culture between SS and SE.
Op no reason am,
They are just cousins!!
What where u expecting?
U go see delta man: u go call am ibo man
U go see rivers man: u go call am ibo man.
Same with akwaibom and Calabar..
Even Dr goodluck Jonathan wey be ijaw from bayelsa state , una say na ibo man.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Waterysperm: 11:17am On Dec 28, 2022
This Urchin is late to the party. Do your bit like other urchins before you and crawl back to your Ogbomosho IDP camp.

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Lionnation: 11:23am On Dec 28, 2022
Urchin write up, southerners always disgracing themselves

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Tinubuadvocate: 11:24am On Dec 28, 2022
You need to loud it to this for God sake shildren that looking for alliance.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by MadamExcellency: 11:25am On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:
Hello Seun/Mods,

I have been lurking here for some years now but decided to create an account so as to bring to your attention a disturbing trend I have noticed coming mostly from people of the SE who post here.

It concerns their consistent use of the ambiguous "SS/SE" which they subtly are trying to morph into one.

We all know the history of the disastrous old Eastern region and how minorities from the lower Niger were subject to severe marginalization by the majority Igbo.

We also know how all efforts by the so-called minorities to leave the old eastern region was systematically and ruthlessly shutdown by the Igbo majority in Enugu.

We are also not ignorant of what was the prime motive behind the declaration of Biafra after the Gowon military dictatorship created states which saw to the minorities in the old eastern region being carved out.

We also know how Biafra died a natural death after the annexed minority regions were liberated from the Igbo tyranny known as Biafra.

We are also aware of Igbo attempts to repeat this folly in the form of a revamped Biafran project under the Afro Zionists group IPOB.

Now we are seeing attempts by the Igbos to corral the peoples of the SS under a political and social umbrella by consistently and unrelentlessly deploying the ambiguous SS/SE nomenclature in all their posts regarding this coming elections.

To continue allowing this abhorrent and subversive nomenclature to litter this section is tantamount to bowing to both Igbo expansionist and annexation claims of the SS as well as an insult to the independence of the peoples of the SS, thus a support for Biafra restoration and seccessionism.

The SS is a region of diverse people with distinct cultural, political and tribal identities separate from the larger Igbo polity. Yes, we have Igboid peoples but they have always preferred to not have anything to do with the larger Igbo populace .

I suggest that henceforth, all posts that insists on using the ambiguous and paradoxical wordings of SS/SE be auto censored to " SS and SE" or better yet, the post flagged as spam, deleted and the poster banned.

Thank you.

For purposes of clarity, define SS and SE as it relates to the people inhabiting the geographical location and how it applies to your protest.

Who championed the creation of South-south? What ethnicities are listed in SS and SE?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Tinubuadvocate: 11:26am On Dec 28, 2022
Proximity of language ah angry
fman:
Be u SS,SE or SW
Op is just pained by the proximity of similarity of language between ss and se

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by vengertime: 11:28am On Dec 28, 2022
From now till the year 5050 and above we and the South East People will always come as a block.
It's better for the SW people to allign with us now that the middle belt people are now on our side.

Nairaland owner can't do anything for you. You better get out of this Nairaland for us.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 11:33am On Dec 28, 2022
MadamExcellency:

For purposes of clarity, define SS and SE as it relates to the people inhabiting the geographical location and how it applies to your protest.

Who championed the creation of South-south? What ethnicities are listed in SS and SE?

What is there to define ?

The SS is not part of SE or your future Biafra.

10 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 11:35am On Dec 28, 2022
vengertime:
From now till the year 5050 and above we and the South East People will always come as a block.

Nairaland owner can't do anything for you. You better get out of this Nairaland for us.

The old colonial administrative region known as eastern region has come to be known as an Igbo empire.

How come you do not subscribe to one Nigeria but believe in the lumped eastern region.

Just as much as you despise and fear the north so also do we have our reservations in being aligned with you igbos.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 11:37am On Dec 28, 2022
fman:
Be u SS,SE or SW
Op is just pained by the proximity and
similarity of language/culture between SS and SE.
Op no reason am,
They are just cousins!!
What where u expecting?
U go see delta man: u go call am ibo man
U go see rivers man: u go call am ibo man.
Same with akwaibom and Calabar..

I believe you are still bent on repeating the old eastern region where your grand parents lorded over the minorities and stole their resources .

It will shock you .

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by vengertime: 11:39am On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:

The old colonial administrative region known as eastern region has come to be known as an Igbo empire.

How come you do not subscribe to one Nigeria but believe in the lumped eastern region.

Just as much as you despise and fear the north so also do we have our reservations in being aligned with you igbos.

Speak for yourself, I'm from Delta State and we and Igbos are one. Come today Come tomorrow

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 11:45am On Dec 28, 2022
vengertime:

Speak for yourself, I'm from Delta State and we and Igbos are one. Come today Come tomorrow

And you can only speak also for yourself.

A Delta man who knows his history will not speak such utter rubbish .

21 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by gidgiddy: 11:51am On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:
Hello Seun/Mods,

Thank you.

Instead of saying that you have been creating stupid threads like these for years with several monikas that get banned. You're obviously not from the South South or South East, so what is your interest in these two geopolitical zones?

For your information, the constitution of Nigeria doesn't recognise anything called South East or South South, they dont exist. Agents of division everywhere

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by baretalk: 11:53am On Dec 28, 2022
Fact, the people of SE and South South, are very different, in culture, discipline, mannerisms, value and even from our progenitors. Fools who don't know history lump both together.

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by baretalk: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2022
vengertime:

There are igboid people in Delta, but a large part of Delta people have different progenitors, not same as Igbo people, they mainly originated from old Bendel. If you look at how they talk, their language, culture looks, very similar to Edo people.

This is a summary of Nigeria's 36 states, and how they emanated. Nigeria was operating a regional government, prior to the state system. As seen clearly, Rivers, Delta and Edo, all emanated from Bendel state.

State Date created Preceding Entity
Abia State 27 August 1991 Imo State
Adamawa State 27 August 1991 Gongola State
Akwa Ibom State 23 September 1987 Cross River State
Anambra State 3 February 1976 East Central State
Bauchi State 3 February 1976 North-Eastern State
Bayelsa State 1 October 1996 Rivers State
Benue State 3 February 1976 Benue-Plateau State
Borno State 3 February 1976 North-Eastern State
Cross River State 27 May 1967 South-Eastern State
Delta State 27 August 1991 Bendel State
Ebonyi State 1 October 1996 Enugu State and Abia State
Edo State 27 August 1991 Bendel state
Ekiti State 1 October 1996 Ondo State
Enugu State 27 August 1991 (old) Anambra State
Gombe State 1 October 1996 Bauchi State
Imo State 3 February 1976 East Central State
Jigawa State 27 August 1991 Kano State
Kaduna State 27 May 1967 North-Central State
Kano State 27 May 1967 North-Central State
Katsina State 23 September 1987 Kaduna State
Kebbi State 27 August 1991 Sokoto State
Kogi State 27 August 1991 Kwara State; Benue State
Kwara State 27 May 1967 West Central State
Lagos State 27 May 1967 Federal Territory of Lagos
Nasarawa State 1 October 1996 Plateau State
Niger State 3 February 1976 North-Western State
Ogun State 3 February 1976 Western State
Ondo State 3 February 1976 Western State
Osun State 27 August 1991 Oyo State
Oyo State 3 February 1976 Western State
Plateau State 3 February 1976 Benue-Plateau State
Rivers State 27 May 1967 Bendel State
Sokoto State 3 February 1976 North-Western State
Taraba State 27 August 1991 Gongola State
Yobe State 27 August 1991 Borno State
Zamfara State 1 October 1996 Sokoto State
Federal Capital Territory 3 February 1976 Benue-Plateau, North-Central, and North-Western States

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 11:55am On Dec 28, 2022
As we can see Seun,only the igbos are up in arms attacking me over this request...

Does this not validate my points ?

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Sergio101(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:

And you can only speak also for yourself.

A Delta man who knows his history will not speak such utter rubbish .

Kaduna Nzeogwu must really be smiling at this stupidity of yours.

Remind me the region of the person that led the first coup

Remind me also what the coup was tagged......"south South coup" right?

Also which people suffered it the most??

If you don't know what to say....... keep quiet

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by fman(m): 12:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:

I believe you are still bent on repeating the old eastern region where your grand parents lorded over the minorities and stole their resources .

It will shock you .
who goes this wan?
All these tribál bigotéd Southerners!!
I be like southern for your mind?
Please do find it within your heart to resist that tempting urge of mentioning me.
Thanks for understanding

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 12:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
It has been over 50ys that regions were abolished but only the old eastern region remains in the eye of the storm over Igbo persistent attempts to annex it.

Just as we have the Fulani under Buhari restarting the jihad of Uthman don Fodio deep into the so-called pagan regions of the middle belt, so also are the Igbo bent on getting back their handed down colonial eastern region. A region that was the least harmonious compared to other regions in the south (western and Midwestern) over Igbo domination and margilaozation.

Igbo arrogance saw to both Benue province opting to be included in the northern region and also saw to western Cameroon leaving Nigeria to avoid them.

Can the igbos here deny that there was no attempt by the so-called minorities to leave the eastern region ?

Can the igbos, who have constantly mocked the SS people since the war ended, dismiss the overwhelming support given to Nigerian federal troops during the war ?

Why then do you still insist we are a part of you and your Biafra ?

Has it crossed your minds that we have our own agenda separate from being under your vassalage ?

This arrogance and belligerent nature towards appropriating the SS as part of Igbo land must stop.

Enough is enough.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sergio101:

Kaduna Nzeogwu must really be smiling at this stupidity of yours.

Remind me the region of the person that led the first coup

Remind me also what the coup was tagged......"south South coup" right?

Also which people suffered it the most??

If you don't know what to say....... keep quiet

Oh yes the Kaduna Nzeagwu is not Igbo but Okonja iweala is Igbo tirade.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Penguin2: 12:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
vengertime:
It's better for the SW people to allign with us now that the middle belt people are now on our side.

Ignore the idiot.

You should know he’s Tinubu supporter pained that the Southsouth seems to be unwavering in their support for Peter Obi.

Ignore him

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
Penguin2:

Ignore the idiot.

You should know he’s Tinubu supporter pained that the Southsouth seems to be unwavering in their support for Peter Obi.

Ignore him

And it pains you igbos to remind you of your boundaries .

Good.

That means my request to Seun is valid.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by fman(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
Waterysperm:
This Urchin is late to the party. Do your bit like other urchins before you and crawl back to your Ogbomosho IDP camp.
really?
So silverOrlead is from an IDP camp?
No wonder he posted like a demented urchin.. lol

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Penguin2: 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:
It has been over 50ys that regions were abolished but inky the old eastern region remains in the eye of the storm over Igbo persistent attempts to annex it.

Just as we have the Fulani under Buhari restarting the jihad of Uthman din Fodio deep into the so-called pagan regions of the middle belt, so also are the Igbo bent on getting back their handed down colonial eastern region. A region that was the least harnonios compared to other regions in the south (western and Midwestern) over Igbo domination and margilaozation.

Igbo arrogance saw to both Benue province opting to be included in the northern region and also saw to western Cameroon leaving Nigeria to avoid them.

Can the igbos here deny that there was no attempt by the so-called minorities to leave the eastern region ?

Can the igbos, who have constantly mocked the SS people since the war ended, dismiss the overwhelming support given to Nigerian federal troops during the war ?

Why then do you still insist we are a part of you and your Biafra ?

Has it crossed your minds that we have our own agenda separate from being under your vassalage ?

This arrogance and belligerent nature towards appropriating the SS as part of Igbo land must stop.

Enough is enough.

You are a Yoruba man that is pained that Southsouth people are unwavering in their support for Peter Obi.

Your intention is to cause division between the two regions so that Southsouth will vote Tinubu instead of getting annexed by the Igbos.

If I ask you who you want Southsouth people to vote for in 2023, who would you choose for them?

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Penguin2: 12:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:

And it pains you igbos to remind you of your boundaries .

Good.

That means my request to Seun is valid.

How is Ogbomoso this morning?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by BloomingDale(f): 12:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
I’m SS and I totally agree with your post.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by Sergio101(m): 12:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
SilverOrLead:

Oh yes the Kaduna Nzeagwu is not Igbo but Okonja iweala is Igbo tirade.

Alright.

What made the coup an "igbo coup".

As we always hear from you and your ilks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 12:23pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sergio101:

Alright.

What made the coup an "igbo coup".

As we always hear from you and your ilks.

Suffice to remind you we are not discussing the already established Igbo coup of Jan 15 which led to an Igbo quasi military dictatorship.

This thread was created specifically for Seun's attention to address the ongoing subtle attempts to corral the autonomous SS people from the ever coveting Igbo .

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Time To Enforce The SS And SE Dichotomy On NL by SilverOrLead: 12:24pm On Dec 28, 2022
Penguin2:

You are a Yoruba man that is pained that Southsouth people are unwavering in their support for Peter Obi.

Your intention is to cause division between the two regions so that Southsouth will vote Tinubu instead of getting annexed by the Igbos.

If I ask you who you want Southsouth people to vote for in 2023, who would you choose for them?

Another Igbo is on heat over this topic.

Seun , do the needful as adviced in the original post.

9 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Taraba State Governor Looses Polling Unit To Obi. / Video : Rinu Talks Tough About Tinubu And Atiku On France 24 TV / Original Copy Of The More You Look, The Less You See Govt Of Tinubu (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.