Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,426 members, 7,815,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? (29317 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by kinah(f): 8:12pm On Dec 31, 2022
themayor4542:

It’s no secret that the stress level of Lagos is very high.
However, of what use is Abeokuta’s less chaotic atmosphere if it doesn’t put money in one’s pocket?
The bitter truth is that there are no jobs in Abeokuta.
Except if one decides to settle for petty business. But even that itself doesn’t do so well because of the fact that the residents of the city have very low purchasing power.
So where does that leave us? Just increased poverty and hopelessness.
The question again is; of what use is the calmness and serenity if it doesn’t put money in the pockets.
Though it needs to be said that those that work in private sector and are paid the same wage and salaries with those in Lagos are the ones truly enjoying Abeokuta.

True
ABEOKUTA is a civil servant state.
If they don't collect salary, market is dull. Immediately they collect salary , market/banks go dey bubble. ABEOKUTA is far better than sagamu and ijebu ode.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by captainking(m): 8:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
DenreleDave:

Is ph so cool like dt? I tot dey said pH is chaotic
say what?? Where did you hear this..??
Ph is cool and sane.. Unlike Lagos..
Left Lagos in 2018 and I am happy i did..
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by lagosrd: 8:26pm On Dec 31, 2022
Unnecessarily chaotic city full of those who should not step a city foe once.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Gerrard59(m): 8:09am On Jan 01, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Nobody dey sell akara for there? You sure say dem dey even like chop akara for there? undecided

You know how to argue endlessly, but one thing that cannot be taken away from your debates is how logical your points are. However, I wish never to be involved in any debate with you. grin

Long live Kobo!

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2023
Gerrard59:
You know how to argue endlessly, but one thing that cannot be taken away from your debates is how logical your points are. However, I wish never to be involved in any debate with you. grin

Long live Kobo!
Happy New Year! undecided

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by DenreleDave(m): 8:21am On Jan 01, 2023
What a beautiful thread
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Peterpiper2020: 12:26pm On Jan 01, 2023
Aguilar:
Never. I was born and raised in Lagos and i'm working in anambra. Still getting offers in abj, So i guess my luck is not in Lagos.
show me love oh, I'm currently in Onitsha. don't even know my left from right here
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
frank14011991:
I left Lagos State for kano and I have never regretted it. The only people that relocates from Lagos and regret are those that go to Alaigbo. High cost of living,no jobs and insecurity

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Raheeqilmaktoom: 1:27pm On Jan 01, 2023
SirJerrie:
I'm surprised people are leaving Tinubu's Dubai without regrets cry

grin
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Bintdawood(f): 6:14pm On Jan 01, 2023
Tboymessiah:

NasoLifeBe!!!

Kano abi Kwara...

U no dey fear boko boys ni

What's wrong with Kano? What is boko boys seff?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by brightnelly(f): 8:30am On Jan 02, 2023
DenreleDave:

So how can you help me?

I really need sumtin doing to earn steady income

i am into data business....dm if you are serious and ready (zero 8 one 30 fifty 42 fourty)
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by seguno2: 9:23am On Jan 02, 2023
sageb:
Says who?
Port Harcourt is cool and nice

Pierocash:
Anybody who told u that is a noob who must have probably been living in the bubble.

No place in Nigeria right now that is safer and cooler than Ph

Any idea why PHC and south south people have failed to make their own port as busy, if not more busy than Lagos ports
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Pierocash(m): 11:47am On Jan 02, 2023
seguno2:

Any idea why PHC and south south people have failed to make their own port as busy, if not more busy than Lagos ports
It is the job of the FG to develop seaports, and not the people
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by seguno2: 12:00pm On Jan 02, 2023
Pierocash:
It is the job of the FG to develop seaports, and not the people

Who owns this FG if not the people? Abi the FG that includes senators and representatives put themselves there all by themselves ni
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Afisuuru: 12:12pm On Jan 02, 2023
Pls how can get to ikotun from sango ota. Description pls
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Pierocash(m): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2023
seguno2:

Who owns this FG if not the people? Abi the FG that includes senators and representatives put themselves there all by themselves ni
I am not here to engage on fruitless and baseless arguments.

Seaports,and airports is under executive legislation,and it is the FG that is the custodian of the resources of the people. They developed only one seaport and left the rest,and you here talking as if it is the fault of the people for the failure of their government
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OVB123: 3:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
emmaodet:

Waoooooo

Toro lga is bigger than lagos? Is it lagos state as a whole or just lagos island? Because lagos as a whole from ikorodu to badagry is quite big for a local government though I understand the north has a big land mass.
Niger state is bigger than the whole south east and that is very crazy even though south east has far more population
Are you talking about Niger state? Kogi state alone is bigger than 5 states of south east put together.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OVB123: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2023
kinah:

True
ABEOKUTA is a civil servant state.
If they don't collect salary, market is dull. Immediately they collect salary , market/banks go dey bubble. ABEOKUTA is far better than sagamu and ijebu ode.
Does that mean that they haven't be able to capitalised on her proximity to lagos state to boast the economy of the state?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by kinah(f): 8:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
OVB123:
Does that mean that they haven't be able to capitalised on her proximity to lagos state to boast the economy of the state?

They are.

The relationship between lagos and Ogun state is fair.
Reasons are there are a lot of factories in Ogun state, borders close to Ogun state esp ABEOKUTA are like 2 or 3. Some produce like food, fruits etc are from here. People prefer Lagos to Ogun state because of fun, varieties of goods, job opportunities and many more. Lagos is overpopulated. Ogun state(ABEOKUTA) is now a small Lagos. Cost of living is now high.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by pansophist(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2023
emmaodet:

Na wa oooooooooooo

At bolded ....... that means these countries are really really small.
The north is really trying in terms of agriculture.

There is a market i go in the north, they always bring grains like maize, soya beans etc to the market in trailers all year round. All year round and i do wonder who and where do they farm this massive crops? despite all these crops being done manually and not tractor.

It is not the size of the dog in a fight that matters, but the size of the fight in a dog. Nigeria is a super power by its very configuration, if we get things right.

Northerners are trying, I like them a lot. They are the poorest yet the most humble. If you hear anything like internet crimes, drug dealers, scammers etc, northerners never comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by stanluiz(m): 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
pansophist:

It is not the size of the dog in a fight that matters, but the size of the fight in a dog. Nigeria is a super power by its very configuration, if we get things right.

Northerners are trying, I like them a lot. They are the poorest yet the most humble. If you hear anything like internet crimes, drug dealers, scammers etc, northerners never comes to mind.
Terrorism nko ? Boko Haram, bandits, Iswap, fulani Herdsmen ?

Nigeria is a failed Nation and the poverty capital of the world is because of the north.

Who tell you Northerners are humble ? They have entitlement mentality. And this the reason why Nigeria is like this.

They believe Nigeria is their property. And they can do anything they like and get away with it, which is pride and arrogance.

Humble has to do with justice, equality and fairness. Those qualities are not in their dictionary.

Does Buhari, Atiku or Kwakwnaso look humble to you ?

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by pansophist(m): 10:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
stanluiz:
Terrorism nko ? Boko Haram, bandits, Iswap, fulani Herdsmen ?

Nigeria is a failed Nation and the poverty capital of the world is because of the north.

Who tell you Northerners are humble ? They have entitlement mentality. And this the reason why Nigeria is like this.

They believe Nigeria is their property. And they can do anything they like and get away with it, which is pride and arrogance.

Humble has to do with justice, equality and fairness. Those qualities are not in their dictionary.

Does Buhari, Atiku or Kwakwnaso look humble to you ?

Haaa, I don buy market.

But you don't judge the average citizens with the politicians na.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by emmaodet: 4:43am On Jan 05, 2023
pansophist:

Well, poverty comes with humbleness.

Being poor is annoying enough, adding arrogance to it will put the final mail on the coffin.
Hopefully, Nigeria will get it right.
Compliment bro
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by pansophist(m): 10:18am On Jan 05, 2023
emmaodet:

Well, poverty comes with humbleness.

Being poor is annoying enough, adding arrogance to it will put the final mail on the coffin.
Hopefully, Nigeria will get it right.
Compliment bro

Compliments of the season man. Blessings.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Study In South Cyprus / Five Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Trailer Kills Osun Polytechnic Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.