Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? (29314 Views)

Which State In Nigeria Is Cheap And Safe To Live In With Nightlife? / My Trip To Hawaii, The Aloha State In USA / The Beauty Of Crystal Lake Resort Oguta, Imo State In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Lolachef(f): 12:43pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ibadan is not really expensive tho.
DenreleDave:

I really hope to have enough money to relocate too sha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by porthouse7(f): 12:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
frazee:
Left lagos for ibadan some months ago. Best decision ever... Life is peaceful and better....
u mean those headless Micra drivers are peaceful
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Dragonsword: 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
Lagos is hell on earth! Lagos is a place where people spend daily 8/9 productive hours on traffic. Infact, leaving Lagos to my current place of abode was one of the best decisions of my life

3 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Brownshoe: 12:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
But Ipob nko, u no fear them?
Naijabad:

I left Lagos for Anambra State last year because I got a better paying job. I wasn't doing badly in Lagos either but the need to stay with my family overrode all other considerations.

After 6 months I left Lagos, my lifespan increased from 65 to 73 and now to 85. My blood pressure returned to normal. My cholesterol is within normal range, and many more wins.

No regrets whatsoever. It has been happiness all along
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by mmsen: 1:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ibadan is full of people who grew tired of Lagos.

Abuja too.

Even Calabar sef.

I'm yet to hear one person say that they miss living in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by ChronicGp(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
Left Lagos for Kano since 2021 after 35 years and I've never had any reason to regret it.

Lagos state is over hyped believe me.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OVB123: 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
AndyCole16:

I left same Abeokuta in 2015 to Lagos, it's been a wonderful experience up till now. Born and bred in Abeokuta. Too boring, life is just silent there, no movement
The bottom line is that Abeokuta is boring, while not try other cities apart from lagos?

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OvertheTop(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
nicerod:

They eat it

and pay you N1.
when will you make it? shocked

cc: Kobojunkie
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by aycorporat(m): 1:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Naijabad:

I left Lagos for Anambra State last year because I got a better paying job. I wasn't doing badly in Lagos either but the need to stay with my family overrode all other considerations.

After 6 months I left Lagos, my lifespan increased from 65 to 73 and now to 85. My blood pressure returned to normal. My cholesterol is within normal range, and many more wins.

No regrets whatsoever. It has been happiness all along

Hahahahahaha
Chairman, this one made my day

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by iamme1234(m): 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
Pierocash:
Anybody who told u that is a noob who must have probably been living in the bubble.

No place in Nigeria right now that is safer than and cooler than Ph

Cultist full PH

Them plenty for saynotocultism thread
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by vengertime: 1:10pm On Dec 30, 2022
tollyboy5:

Marina to mile2 monorail has solved that problem.

E go shock you Sey that rail Na like teaspoon of sugar inside Atlantic Ocean.

You think you're in Norway?

Do you know how many thousands that will always want to board that train every given time?

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OvertheTop(m): 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
vengertime:
Lived in Lagos all my life until I moved down to Abuja where they don't take light year in year out, except during nationwide darkness which is usually few days darkness .

I lived in festac work in Ajah, I had to wake up by 5am in other to get to work by 8:30.

If I over sleep till 6am I'm in trouble. Mile 2 traffic is very unforgiving for people that don't wake up early.

In Abuja I wake up by 7 am eat breakfast and Bath and dress up and leave for work by 7:45 get to office by 8am.

Life is easier in Abuja. In Lagos every day was designed for suffering and inhaling all kind of smoke

Is Your Job Pay in Abuja BIGGER than the Lagos pay?
what if you get a JOB in Lagos that will pay x2 your pay in Abuja, will you go back?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OvertheTop(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
muykem:
Please come down to Abia state. You will not regret it.

Wow Great, Can you help me get a Job of 400k/Month?
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
vengertime:

E go shock you Sey that rail Na like teaspoon of sugar inside Atlantic Ocean.

You think you're in Norway?

Do you know how many thousands that will always want to board that train every given time?
grin true talk walai.
At least if you wake up 4am to target train. Assurance of getting to work don sure.
It will reduce road side traffic so people wey enter bus go reach work quick also.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OvertheTop(m): 1:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
ufotty2001:
I left Lagos State 5years ago to Port Harcourt. Currently, I have build my own house in pH. Lagos State is overrated.. when I was in Lagos I wasn't able to achieve a reasonable things. The truth is that Lagos is not for everyone.

The Truth!
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by vengertime: 1:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
OvertheTop:

Is Your Job Pay in Abuja BIGGER than the Lagos pay?
what if you get a JOB in Lagos that will pay x2 your pay in Abuja, will you go back?

I won't go back to Lagos for even ₦2m a month. And I'm so serious about it.

You don't know what spending 4hrs commuting to work in the morning and 3hrs going back home does to the body

That's the same hours for someone traveling to Aba daily from Lagos.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by zeeprince(m): 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
Come to lokoja, house cheap and light constant wink

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Lionnation: 1:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
BRaymond:
Relocate to Port Harcourt. There are good roads, no traffic, business also thrives because there is money. But cost of living is high ( house rent and food price can touch the sky).
I use to live in ph but now in aba I can tell you for free food and rent is more expensive in aba than ph
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by AllDModsAreMaad: 1:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
obinna58:

I’m highly motivated, baba how did you do it?

I was a salary earner when I was in Lagos, I left that to start my business in a growing city(town) with a conducive environment and cheap cost of living.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by shagamite: 1:51pm On Dec 30, 2022
kinah:
Left Lagos 2016 for ABEOKUTA

I have never regret the decision. Except probably for buying stuffs from Lagos island or oshodi. Now ABEOKUTA is gradually becoming a hub for commodities if you can navigate well. All my family are still in Lagos. Talk to them to relocate but none is willing
Visited lag a few times, the overpopulation and wahala no go make me live there, Where in abk you in? Abk is home

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
Greatdand007:

Na ph dem full pass I have friends there na and your next neigbour fit be cultist
same thing with the rest of Nigeria
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 30, 2022
vengertime:

E reach your turn Na Japa dey your mind
my brother i have lived it all in nigeria…time to find my way.
Ignore that troll
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by sageb: 1:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Amayabor1:

But we heard soot wants to kill you people undecided.

Though i did prefer PH to lagos anytime anyday.

The black soot atmospheric hazard is not as bad as it was before, The clampdown on illegal bunkery activities have reduced the black soot atmospheric hazard.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by nickyvil: 2:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Starboytwo:
calm down boss, yes the house rent is very costly, almost at par with lag rates but there’s is no denying the good roads, uninterrupted power supply and its smaller size. I be mushin boy normal normal.

I want to ask you a simple questions..

What's the % of getting job there??
Most of the people living there wish they live for Lagos and if you give them opportunities to follow them to lagos they will jump at it without looking back, I've been to many of this state, most of the states people are mentioning, I've been there and there's nothing to show for it and I laugh at people castigating lagos state. Yes, lagos state is congested due to people migrating from different state and they all have hope in lagos and the landmark is too small to contain which give other state empty. Your right about lagos state traffic but that doesn't mean other state should be compare to lagos, only Abuja stand a shoulder and majority migrating to Abuja have to get the connection.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by nickyvil: 2:06pm On Dec 30, 2022
Mind you, they don't have electricity like that and for a very long time, they just brought light 3or 4 days ago.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by brightnelly(f): 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2022
leaving lagos has been my best decision ever....i suffered in lagos for 5 years...left lagos 2018, bought my car 2019, built my first house 2020...God has been faithful shaaa.....

4 Likes

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by obinna58(m): 2:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
AllDModsAreMaad:

I was a salary earner when I was in Lagos, I left that to start my business in a growing city(town) with a conducive environment and cheap cost of living.
Funny enough this is my journey but seems I have a mountain to climb
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by tete7000(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
OVB123:
It means you are in Asaba and not Warri? Hope I am right?
Yes, and you think Warri is worse than Lagos? I have lived two years in Warri before.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by theamazonguru(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
I left Lagos about 12 years ago. Now in Rivers state.
Ómó I do not regret that decision.
I ran away from Lagos hold up and stress.
I drive to work every day, it's a 40 minutes trip from my house to the LGA where I work - this are 2 different LGAs.

Peace of mind Boku.
Income , great.
Food, ómó na your money go kill am.
Varieties of soup type. Fish plenty.

The only ish here is the black soot and Ikwere ómó onile Dem.
Wetin those guys show me no be here.

I pity those who fell into wrong hands when buying their properties.
Ikwere boys and land matters are inseparable.
They are on a whole new level when it comes to land matters.
They are the typical definition of lazy youths.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Dewillys(m): 2:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
left Lagos to Akure. No one regret ever since and I'm not missing Lagos at all. Nothing will make me go to that chaotic city. I love my peace of mind abeg.

1 Like

Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by Amayabor1: 2:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
sageb:

The black soot atmospheric hazard is not as bad as it was before, The clampdown on illegal bunkery activities have reduced the black soot atmospheric hazard.

Okay. Good to hear that.
Re: Did You Ever Regretted leaving Lagos For Another State In Nigeria? by OlawaleBammie: 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2022
In Lagos I never had an accumulated some of money up to 20k in my account after staying more than 9years..

In my new state(tho remote) within 2½years I became a mini millionaire grin grin

Lagos KO, Abeokuta ni

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Study In South Cyprus / Five Burnt To Death As Bus Catches Fire On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Trailer Kills Osun Polytechnic Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.