Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:58 PM

My Pig Farm Journey - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pig Farm Journey (31678 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Maize Farm Journey / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 8:09pm On Feb 10, 2023
nedekid:

Lol. Nice one.
If you want to get original UK pork sussage, visit spar, the one at lekki.
Try the Richmond pork sussage. It's like ₦3500 for a pack. In UK like 2.50gbp
Quite tasty.

Bought pig meat at Shoprite Onitsha a few years back and it smelled like corpse. The taste was nothing special too. Haven't touched pig meat since then and that's a royal pity.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
paradigmshift:
they are neat...is it true that pigs eat humans?
. IS IT ALSO TRUE THAT DOG EAT HUMAN AS WELL?, IF YOU ARE A DOG KEEPER AND STARVE THEM, WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH THEM, WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT THE DOGS TO DO, TO EMBRACE YOU?. YOU YOU STARVE ANY ANIMAL AND DONT FEED THEM, THEY GO WILD,THAT'S JUST IT.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
paradigmshift:
they are neat...is it true that pigs eat humans?
. IS IT ALSO TRUE THAT DOG EAT HUMAN AS WELL?, IF YOU ARE A DOG KEEPER AND STARVE THEM, WHEN YOU WANT TO PLAY WITH THEM, WHAT WOULD YOU EXPECT THE DOGS TO DO, TO EMBRACE YOU?. WHEN YOU STARVE ANY ANIMAL AND DONT FEED THEM, THEY GO WILD,THAT'S JUST IT.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
elephant2017:
Please @debjoch1 how much did u buy the "Weaners "when they were still 3 weeks old?

2. As I wish to start small with 4 what can you advise is it 2 males with 2 females or 1 male with 3 females?. I got them at N30,000 each. Mind you, you can even get locals at N10,000 from 4 weeks old, mine were Large White and Large Race. Don't ever make a mistake if start a Pig farm journey with Local breed if you truelly want to Excell 8n Pig Business.

3. What is sow and what is boar are u referring to either male or female abeg clarify me

4. What's the meeting of pure breed?

5. Can you pls assist me with Housing plan with waste management in mind?

6.other helpful tips for a beginner/novice like me

I'm on 09034005234

quote author=DEBJOCH1 post=120759015]I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022, I GOT THEM AT PIGLET STAGE WHEN THEY WHERE STILL 3 WEEKS OLD, STARTED WITH 11, 9 SOW AND 2 BOARS, OUT OF THE ELEVEN I STARTED WITH, I DID NOT GET THE WHOLE 11 AT THE SAME STAGE, I FIRST STARTED WITH 5 BY 14TH OF AUGUST THOSE 5 WERE 3 WEEKS OLD AS AT WHEN I BROUGHT THEM TO MY FARM,THE LAST SET WERE GOTTEN BY NOVEMBER AND JANUARY, AS WE SPEAK 3 OUT OF THE 5 SETS I STARTED WITH ARE PREGNANT. MY BREED IS LARGE WHITE, LARGE RACE AND A CROSS BREED AND LARGE WHITE AND LARGE RACE, BY AND LARGE, PIG FARM IS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
CaptMarvel:
The smell of Pigs is horrible, I hate to breath when a vehicle fully loaded with Pigs pass by.

You're really doing a hard job. More strength to your muscle.
. Sir, gone were those days when Pig farm smell, I am doing mine at the back of my house using 5he Indegenous Micro Organism (IMO) Method, this is a zero smell system 9f Pig farm, you can even stay I side my pug pen to eat your break fast or lunch without perceiving any smell. This system work like a magis, I gave neighbours around me, and some of them don't even know what I do there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:32pm On Feb 10, 2023
CaptMarvel:
The smell of Pigs is horrible, I hate to breath when a vehicle fully loaded with Pigs pass by.

You're really doing a hard job. More strength to your muscle.
. Sir, gone were those days when Pig farm smell, I am doing mine at the back of my house using 5he Indegenous Micro Organism (IMO) Method, this is a zero smell system 9f Pig farm, you can even stay I side my pug pen to eat your break fast or lunch without perceiving any smell. This system work like a magis, I gave neighbours around me, and some of them don't even know what I do there. The IMO method is as easy as ABC, you need less labour, saves time, you can 3ven run multiple business doing the IMO method.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:38pm On Feb 10, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

No wonder you look like a pig. Fool!
. Broo, let me ask you one simple question, have you eaten Gala or Suasage in your life?, If yes just keep your mouth shut, you have eaten Pig, Elede,Ezi,Alede.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:46pm On Feb 10, 2023
Sambab:
Can I have your WhatsApp number

. Boss, I might need a Camborough from you, I am also looking for a Duroc boar,
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by CaptMarvel(m): 10:40am On Feb 11, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
. Sir, gone were those days when Pig farm smell, I am doing mine at the back of my house using 5he Indegenous Micro Organism (IMO) Method, this is a zero smell system 9f Pig farm, you can even stay I side my pug pen to eat your break fast or lunch without perceiving any smell. This system work like a magis, I gave neighbours around me, and some of them don't even know what I do there. The IMO method is as easy as ABC, you need less labour, saves time, you can 3ven run multiple business doing the IMO method.
unmnhnmnnm interesting.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Emkay2(m): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Please kindly explain how the IMO system works sir
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Emkay2(m): 11:28am On Feb 11, 2023
Step by step will be most appreciated
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by IRIENBOY(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2023
Nice
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by FarmTech(m): 9:28pm On Feb 13, 2023
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Nobody: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
pansophist:
Of course, I know. I have always said earlier that what Africans considered independence was a transition of the old method of exploitation (colonialism), to a new, self-sustaining, sophisticated method of permanent subjugation (imperialism). They replace the white colonial faces with black faces, whom they promise all the support and will ignore all their crimes if they continue sustaining all their exploitative structures that were built in the colonial era. So as countries were getting their so-called independence, they were ushered into western imperialistic ecosystems. So they became a member of the UN, and ICC, must use the dollar, imposed educational systems, their corporations coming in to control their resources, (eg Shell and Nigeria oil), and so on. In simple terms, think of how a butcher moves the cows from the farm to the slaughterhouse. In the cow's mind, he is free from the enclosed farm, but the slaughterhouse though modern and shiny with machines is worse than where they were coming from. You see the way the US froze billions of dollars of Afghanistan's foreign reserves, and as they did with Russia as well, that's exactly the fate that awaits any country that tries to pull off their imperialistic eco-system. While we are busy fighting each other like idiots, they are up there designing sophisticated systems to keep others down, and themselves on top. And this world order must go, or else, the global south will never develop. China refused to be part of that system, now look at them. Iran refused and was sanctioned to death, but they still thrive and built their own planes and so forth. Until we leave western dependence and walk our own part, no magic Peter Obi will perform. It's like putting a pilot in a ship, it can't do anything with it. How can the world be democratic when less than 15% of the world population (the west) controls everything? if this is not authoritarianism, then what is authoritarianism? But I always take responsibility, so I won't blame them much, I blame our ancestors for letting this degrade this badly, and makes it harder for current and future generation to solve. The rot is too much.

pansophist:
Josep Borell is a racist piece of shit. Sadly, this scum is a top EU politician, and calling the non-western countries jungle is a reincarnation of the mindset that led to colonialism and slavery pro-max. He still sees the world from a colonial lens, but his arrogance is needed since that's how he can cope in a changing world that is increasingly becoming multi-polar and catching up.

From 1991 to 2022, something that has never happened before in the history of the world happened, that thing is called unipolarism. After the collapse of the soviet union in 1991, China was dirt poor, imperial Japan has been defeated and occupied, the same with nazi Germany, India still recovering from British colonialism, Iran was in deep soup, and Africa was too backward to even be noticed.

The west, especially the US was the largest economy, and the strongest military power holds the world's reserved currency and enjoys an unparalleled political, economical, military, and soft power globally. The US was so strong that when it coughs, the world shivered. And then they showed themselves. Then the global bombing tour started, from Iraq to Syria, Venezuela to Yugoslavia, and Libya to Iran, to name a few.

Meanwhile, the Chinese who have suffered what they called a ''century of humiliation'' was in the background bidding their time, getting stronger, and building themselves up. The Chinese who lost territories the size of Nigeria x4, an empire nation that was torn apart by foreign powers, and saw what awaits you when you are weak, said to themselves, NEVER AGAIN.

Putin was then a KGB agent in Germany, young and smart, but silent and working his way up into the Kremlin. He witnessed how countries that used to be part of Russia have now become sworn enemies of Russia, and he dreamt of a stronger, independent, and sovereign Russia that occupies its rightful place on the international stage.

And February, 24th of 2022 will be remembered as the date when the world becomes clearly multipolar, after thirty years of failed unipolarism. The world has clearly understood the kind of monster the west is, and how they dream of a world where everyone is down, and only them up. Now, the way the international stage is set up, other stronger countries are now a deterrent, and they will never allow themselves to be weak again. NEVER.

It will not happen very fast, but the complete breakdown of western hegemony will happen faster than the time it took to build it. Destruction is faster than building, and destroying evil is even faster, especially when the destroyers are the victims of the very evil. I know the Russia-China alliances are cooking something, I suspect that they have set traps that will render all western imperialistic ecosystems useless.

From my calculations, the more the west throws out a country from its imperialistic systems, an alternative will be invented that will make that system useless. So for example, they threw Russia out of swift, but Russia created SPFS which they used to carry financial transactions between themselves and other countries.

If they threw China out of the UN for example, then a new UN that is fair will be invented, rendering the western controlled system useless. If you refuse to sell your tech, buy our oil, or ban us from visiting your countries (as they did with Russians), you will kill your industry and other regions will benefit financially from your market loss. One thing that kills a monopoly is competition, especially competent competition.

We live in very interesting times. Brace up, shit might get really bad before it gets better. Sha has proper wealth, not fiat money only, which can collapse. Have farmland, a water well, and livestock/poultry, these will keep you alive, not chains, iPhones, and paper money. Your survival is in your hands, not the government. Be vigilant, and use the internet to learn real stuff and how the world works, not just for social media and entertainment.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Kobojunkie: 5:37am On Feb 14, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
My grand parent had a pig farm so i witnessed first hand what pigs can do to a cement floor. They're naturally very dirty nd destructive so i think giving them a cemented floor is a waste of money. And I bliv this question shud be directed to the farmer
I did direct my question at him but he didn't address it. undecided
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by buccal(m): 7:36am On Feb 14, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Look at someone’s 9 months
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by SyrusdeHansome(m): 6:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I did direct my question at him but he didn't address it. undecided
Happy val where ever u are
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:01pm On Feb 16, 2023
Emkay2:
Please kindly explain how the IMO system works sir
. Using the IMO system you don't need to Cement or floor the ground of the Pig Pen, we burry wood, tree shrubs, leaf under the ground, apply alot of sawdust to cover those wood, scrubs etc, you lime the sawdust, then apply your already prepared IMO on the sawdust, after like 2 days of liming the sawdust and applying you IMO, you can now introduce you pigs to the Pen, you will be sprinkling the IMO on the sawdust every 3 days or once in a week. I built my farm by paying people to collect wood from the bush, is just a make shift farm started with 12 Piglets by the middle of August so far, some of my Pics are now pregnant, had 5 rooms and had added an extra 6 rooms all made of woods, just inside my compound and neighbours don't even know I keep Pigs there. Pig business is a gold mine if you have the patience to wait for at least a year or a year 3 months without being expectant of making any profit, rather you will be putting the little you have into their feed and medication. Once they start giving birth, that's all for you. Another secret is starting with the right genetic or the right breed. I will always tell people don't you ever make mistake of starting your pug farm with Local Pigs, or anything local.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:26pm On Feb 16, 2023
Let me add this, Pigs are not dirty but the care givers are the once who makes Pigs to look dirty, I have had time to be with Pigs study and I serve their behaviour very well that's why I come to that conclusion. Pigs are the most brelent of all the animal. Pig learn very fast, they learn by observing things. They are the only animal who knows the time they get their breakfast and the time their get their dinner. Pigs are not like any other animal who just dedicate or Urinate any where they see, once you introduce Pigs to their Pen, after like some days, they will choose a particular position where they will be going to deficate and Urinate. Once they feel like unirinating they will walk to that position and do that. Pigs don't have Sweat glad that's the reason they put their body on anything water they come across as at the time they fee heat. Once upon a time I have once been at a crises scene were the security personnel had to throw tear gas there, at that time, you will even see people looking for gutter water to wash their face. If human can do that, put your self in the position of a Pig which God has created without a sweat gland, meaning that any time Pigs feels heat they will looking anything water to cool their body, regardless how the water might be, they don't care. That's why as a Pig farmer you must always have a good clean water source. Just like my boss the owner of this trend was doing sprinkling water on the body of the pig, at least you should be doing that to them twice or 3 times in a day's expecially at hot season, if you can be doing that, make sure you have a wallow pit which is filled up with water. That's what I do, I feed my pigs early in the morning, fill their water pit with water, make sure I give them alot of food, luck their door and go to work come back 6pm.
By the time the sun will be heavy, all they do is to come one after the other go inside the water pig swim and cool their body come out lay down and rest till in the evening when I will come back from work. If I come back, I quickly remove that water give them fresh water to drink. Each time you come to see the Pigs, they are always very neat. But some farmers are not like that, they leave their pen and environment very dirty and the pigs will capitalize on that bad environment. 2hy 2ill a farmer be keeping Pigs, you are not using the IMO system, you won't clean your pen, you won't change their water for days?, Why 2ont the Pugs in such a condition not to be dirty?.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by raphemmanuel(m): 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
I am enjoying your post, please if you wouldn't mind can we see some pictures of your pig house and their floor. Share some pictures with us please.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by jmoore(m): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
. Using the IMO system you don't need to Cement or floor the ground of the Pig Pen, we burry wood, tree shrubs, leaf under the ground, apply alot of sawdust to cover those wood, scrubs etc, you lime the sawdust, then apply your already prepared IMO on the sawdust, after like 2 days of liming the sawdust and applying you IMO, you can now introduce you pigs to the Pen, you will be sprinkling the IMO on the sawdust every 3 days or once in a week. I built my farm by paying people to collect wood from the bush, is just a make shift farm started with 12 Piglets by the middle of August so far, some of my Pics are now pregnant, had 5 rooms and had added an extra 6 rooms all made of woods, just inside my compound and neighbours don't even know I keep Pigs there. Pig business is a gold mine if you have the patience to wait for at least a year or a year 3 months without being expectant of making any profit, rather you will be putting the little you have into their feed and medication. Once they start giving birth, that's all for you. Another secret is starting with the right genetic or the right breed. I will always tell people don't you ever make mistake of starting your pug farm with Local Pigs, or anything local.

Any pictures of the pig houses?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
raphemmanuel:
I am enjoying your post, please if you wouldn't mind can we see some pictures of your pig house and their floor. Share some pictures with us please.
First of all, I will wish to seek for the permission of the original owner of this trend before I could go ahead in unleashing the little I know about Pig farming, my intension isnt to derail what the original owner of this trend has started.
If permission is indeed granted, I will wish to state again that Pig farming is indeed a gold mine of done the proper way with the right breed as a start, but bear in mind you have to at least wait for at least a year or a year 2-5 months before you start reaping from it. Let's for instant for me now, I started with 11 piglets of various stages, and I started around August 2022, I got them at piglets meaning they were 4 weeks old when I brought the first 5 sets comprising of 4 Sow (Female) and 1 Boar (Male). Fast foward to today being 5he 19th of February 2023, 3 out of the 4 female I started with have been confirmed pregnant. Let's assume that each of them give birth to at worst 5 piglet each meaning that the 3 pigs will be giving birth to 15 piglets when they are 4 weeks old after birth, the least you can sell them is N25k each, if you start with 10 female you can imagine what you will be getting your self into by the time the 10 of them start giving birth, then if you decide to training them till they are 5 - 6 months then sell for slaughter, I can assure you that with a well fed good breed of months old, you will see some weighing about 50 - 90kg and a KG is about N1,200 to N1,500 depending on farm location.
The pig take in and give birth at 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days, after they give birth, nurse their baby for 1 month, you can prepare them for another period of gestation. I am enjoying what I am doing, is not at any time affecting my 7am to 6pm job, that's the beauty of Pig farming, I feed them in the morning, make sure I put water at their wallow pit give them enough food for them luck them up and proceed to my work, I know that in a matter of time, I might be needing the whole of my time to be with them, by the time the whole of the female (Sow) about 10 of them start giving birth, you know what I have put my self into, meaning that the job of taking care of them will be too tidious and so tasking. Please don't mind my jargons.
Attached are some of the pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2023
raphemmanuel:
Pictures are not loading, I will do them tonight 19th February, 2023.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by raphemmanuel(m): 4:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
DEBJOCH1:

Pictures are not loading, I will do them tonight 19th February, 2023.
I wish i could visit your pig farm and learn something from you personally. Though I don't know your location, but I know your pig farm location is very far from me.
I live in Abia state.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by raphemmanuel(m): 4:38pm On Feb 19, 2023
DEBJOCH1:

First of all, I will wish to seek for the permission of the original owner of this trend before I could go ahead in unleashing the little I know about Pig farming.
I don't think the owner of the thread will see anything wrong in your teaching. No one is an epitome of knowledge, I believe he will learn some few things from you and add to the ones he knows.
Please I urge you all that have knowledge on pig farming to impact on us. Please Someone needs motivation. God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:42am On Feb 20, 2023
These are some of the pictures.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 6:48am On Feb 20, 2023
Other Rooms that I am currently working on getting before March

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 7:12am On Feb 20, 2023
More woods are needed, I will still have to build their wallow pit, their feeding chamber. Though at start, I made alot of consultation, visited alot of farms, I got 97% discouraging word, words such as ahh, if 6ou start Pig with a 2ood3n Pen the Pigs will distory the whole woods, words such as don't even start Pigry in your compound because of the smell, words such as, 8f you have a land already you must have at least N1m before you can even think of starting a Pigery, I did not allow that to discourage me, then I had just N50,000 left with me, both iat home and abroad, I had to call a guy told him to help me fetch some wood, he billed me N25k for the amount of wood I told him, we had to beat it down to N15k, he brought the wood, I got a capenter, the carpenter charged me N20k for the construction of the first 5 rooms, work commence, I already has badly used Zinc and some Tapoolen, I had to beg the Carpenter to use the bad Zinc and Tapoolen that way which he did, I got just 2 bags of Cement which I used for 5hwir Wallow, I am not a bricklayer but I made the wallow my self. I then approached my source where I want to get the Piglets, I was told that the price for each 4 weeks old Piglet was N30,00p last, I had to go back to prepare my self, I went round borrowed money from people came and bought the first 3, brought to the farm, gradually I bought another 2 sets got another set to what I all have now I make sure I feed my Pig very very well, and once Pigs are well fed, they will never go about distroying any wood or anything. I am currently working on building another 5 rooms right I side my compound and I have neighbours living both on my eft and right and no one can persive asingle smell. Good breeds good food gives you an enjoyable pig farm experience
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Kachifo3: 9:20am On Feb 20, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
More woods are needed, I will still have to build their wallow pit, their feeding chamber. Though at start, I made alot of consultation, visited alot of farms, I got 97% discouraging word, words such as ahh, if 6ou start Pig with a 2ood3n Pen the Pigs will distory the whole woods, words such as don't even start Pigry in your compound because of the smell, words such as, 8f you have a land already you must have at least N1m before you can even think of starting a Pigery, I did not allow that to discourage me, then I had just N50,000 left with me, both iat home and abroad, I had to call a guy told him to help me fetch some wood, he billed me N25k for the amount of wood I told him, we had to beat it down to N15k, he brought the wood, I got a capenter, the carpenter charged me N20k for the construction of the first 5 rooms, work commence, I already has badly used Zinc and some Tapoolen, I had to beg the Carpenter to use the bad Zinc and Tapoolen that way which he did, I got just 2 bags of Cement which I used for 5hwir Wallow, I am not a bricklayer but I made the wallow my self. I then approached my source where I want to get the Piglets, I was told that the price for each 4 weeks old Piglet was N30,00p last, I had to go back to prepare my self, I went round borrowed money from people came and bought the first 3, brought to the farm, gradually I bought another 2 sets got another set to what I all have now I make sure I feed my Pig very very well, and once Pigs are well fed, they will never go about distroying any wood or anything. I am currently working on building another 5 rooms right I side my compound and I have neighbours living both on my eft and right and no one can persive asingle smell. Good breeds good food gives you an enjoyable pig farm experience

How do u produce their feed..
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by raphemmanuel(m): 11:25am On Feb 20, 2023
DEBJOCH1:
I really appreciate your input on this thread. Your pigs are very neat. With this there housing, how do your pigs cope when there is rainfall. I'm so much concern about the floor getting wet with rainfall due the fact that the floor are not cemented and everywhere is open.

What about the feeding, what do you feed them with?
Do you feed them concentrate (feed)? If yes:
Do you compound your feed yourself? What about the feed formula.

Sorry for asking too much questions.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by buccal(m): 12:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

To think someone will grow up and call you daddy, you should be ashamed of yourself

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:46pm On Feb 20, 2023
raphemmanuel:
I really appreciate your input on this thread. Your pigs are very neat. With this there housing, how do your pigs cope when there is rainfall. I'm so much concern about the floor getting wet with rainfall due the fact that the floor are not cemented and everywhere is open.

What about the feeding, what do you feed them with?
Do you feed them concentrate (feed)? If yes:
Do you compound your feed yourself? What about the feed formula.
Sorry for asking too much questions.

This very roof you saw is a new set of five room I am just preparing in anticipation for when they will give birth, during my knowledge gathering process in Pig farming, I was that in Pig farming you should start small and dream big. At the process of dreaming big, I first of all, that 5 rooms, is the second set of my structure at the process of doing the roofing, my roofing sheet got finish, so I had to stop pending when I will raise money to buy another bundle of Zinc, to complete structure before they give birth.

Yes, on the main room which was 5 rooms as well, I severly experience the problem of water coming through the roof during heavy rain , the reason was because I used bad roofing sheet for a start, but thank God I was able to manage that period throughout August to November last year during the peak period of rain season, by the grace of God, I will correct the whole roofing issues so as to guarantee the Pigs a perfect housing before the raining season.

For the feed, I buy and compound their feed my self, I have good access to getting dry brewery waste here, have access to corn brain. For the feed, this is what I do, I go to where I get them, buy bags of brewery waste, corn brain, PKC, Soya, Broiler Consentrate, Rice Brain, premix, toxic binder, then I buy a bag of Broiler starter, get like 40kg of corn depending on the amount of feed I want to make, I compound them together. I also own Cassava tuber farm, once in a while, I go to harvest bags of Cassava process them, leave them to ferment and feed them to the Pig, Pigs love cassava than anything. I also have lots of Pawpaw leafs around me, they live it as well.

I actually have a place I intended using as a permanent farm site, that's the reason I don't want to invest much at this my farm, and I intend using the proceed I make from this farm to exterblish my permanent farm site.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.