Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,123 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

My Pig Farm Journey - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pig Farm Journey (31682 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Maize Farm Journey / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ContinuousTortu: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2023
nedekid:

If you have eat bacon, you have eaten pig. Pork sussage is also the best.
It is really the sweetest meat.
Enjoy. cool

Bacon, aka sweetest taboo. Pork sausage is very tempting and delicious. I'll buy one after work today

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by dominique(f): 10:48am On Feb 09, 2023
How do you keep those pigs so clean? My secondary school had a piggery. Apart from the disgusting stench that can be detected from about half a kilometer away, the pigs are always dirty. The pigs can give birth to up to 10 piglets at once, seeing this one give birth to just 4 is quite odd

6 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Marvel1206: 10:50am On Feb 09, 2023
I love the way you go about your explanations, you really enjoy your craft. Keep the energy
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by galaxy2020(m): 10:51am On Feb 09, 2023
My brother you are doing well, God bless your efforts.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Zeezeal7(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2023
This is good. I want to have an animal farm too. Will one day, will visit your farm to get insights and all.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ojun50(m): 10:52am On Feb 09, 2023
I like how neat the place is
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DatzTreydo(m): 10:53am On Feb 09, 2023
What is the best commercial specie of pigs one could breed... And the time frame it takes for Matured edible pig... I will like to know the basics of feeds formulation... Your number will be highly appreciated
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by overdrive(m): 10:56am On Feb 09, 2023
How much will u be selling the weaners?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by americaninja1: 10:57am On Feb 09, 2023
I love this thread. Growing up my dad has a pig farm , we wake up every morning to clean up the pens before going to school. Urs look similar too. This is around 2003-5. Your pigs are always neat. Kudos you are doing well Sir. One of the female pig once had 11 piglets overnight, ate 3 before morning. We saw 8 piglets and 3 heads, we cleaned it up and fed it well. Only to come back in d evening with another 6 piglets eaten by their mother. My Dad angrily took her out and we shared the puk meat with all our neighbors . Meat was too much that I was literally giving all my class mates fried puk meat everyday for a week. I love the fact that, buyers are always available anytime u want to sell off. They’d be rushing u to come buy. They come from bodija market to come buy from our farm. Another advice is to use ur own scale.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eberex(m): 10:58am On Feb 09, 2023
How much do you sell weaners?
And what is the maximum number of piglets your pig has farrowed
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Onyi90(m): 11:01am On Feb 09, 2023
This is is inspirational. Please how much will it cost me to venture in pig farming.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eberex(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2023
Onyi90:
This is is inspirational. Please how much will it cost me to venture in pig farming.

Depends on how you want to start. You can start with one pig or more.
You will need to pay for the following
Feeding
Medication
Supervision
Etc
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by akaahs(m): 11:13am On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Having studied Animal Science, this project has been interesting all the way.

Feel free to consult for any enquires(housing, stocking, feeding, treatment etc)
Can you please, help me with ur Master plan or guidance plan?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:

sasconsmith@gmail.com

All these trouble for consumption of a vile spiteful creature that doesn't benefit the human body rather causes heart diseases
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eberex(m): 11:27am On Feb 09, 2023
We have our farm, location at Oke Aro.

If you are interested in pig farming get in touch.

You can begin with weaners ( that is piglet that just finished suckling )

You can start with (about to cross) that is a pig that is an adult.

You can buy an adult female pig that is ready to be crossed.

They all come in different prices depending on which one you want .
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by elephant2017: 11:33am On Feb 09, 2023
Bros your contact number you posted isn't correct sir pls can you give us the correct digit?

ChineduObinna:

You can reach me on +234714504255 hit me up for your enquires
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by peterbello(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Earlier today with the pigs grin

Please can I get a good housing design in terms of waste management and disposal. My sister got a couple (crossbreeds) in 2020 and now they are numbering 20. Cleaning their pen is really exhausting since one has to manually pack the waste out of the pen.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:43am On Feb 09, 2023
I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022

1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by EbenezerTriumph: 11:44am On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Isn't the cement floor hard for their hoofs? lipsrsealed
learn to always shut up.
must you comment on every threads?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Emkay2(m): 11:45am On Feb 09, 2023
Well done my brother, you are doing well..but my major question is how do you manage their faeces, in some areas it use to be discomforting to neighbors and passerby.

Please shed more light on the waste management, also the likely amount that an intending investor on a small scale can start with. Your expert advice pls.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Emkay2(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Kindly educate more the question raised here sir, we'll really appreciate your expert opinion

Please can I get a good housing design in terms of waste management and disposal. My sister got a couple (crossbreeds) in 2020 and now they are numbering 20. Cleaning their pen is really exhausting since one has to manually pack the waste out of the pen.[/quote]
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 11:50am On Feb 09, 2023
I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022, I GOT THEM AT PIGLET STAGE WHEN THEY WHERE STILL 3 WEEKS OLD, STARTED WITH 11, 9 SOW AND 2 BOARS, OUT OF THE ELEVEN I STARTED WITH, I DID NOT GET THE WHOLE 11 AT THE SAME STAGE, I FIRST STARTED WITH 5 BY 14TH OF AUGUST THOSE 5 WERE 3 WEEKS OLD AS AT WHEN I BROUGHT THEM TO MY FARM,THE LAST SET WERE GOTTEN BY NOVEMBER AND JANUARY, AS WE SPEAK 3 OUT OF THE 5 SETS I STARTED WITH ARE PREGNANT. MY BREED IS LARGE WHITE, LARGE RACE AND A CROSS BREED AND LARGE WHITE AND LARGE RACE, BY AND LARGE, PIG FARM IS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Passionate888: 11:51am On Feb 09, 2023
Nice
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by AdaojoTheUrchin: 11:52am On Feb 09, 2023
I discovered that I am allergic to pork since 3 years ago when I first tasted it.

No matter how well or hygienic it is cooked, if I eat pork, na die I dey. My stomach go hear wehhhn for days.

So my Dad banned it at home because of me. Even though we Christians.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by InfinixMine: 12:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Number shared has a missing digit

ChineduObinna:

You can reach me on +234714504255 hit me up for your enquires
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Michaelbabs51(m): 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
I'm planning to start pig farming too please can you help me on the best housing structures and good breeds?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Michaelbabs51(m): 12:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
I want to start pig farming too and I need help on how best to get started.
DEBJOCH1:
I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022, I GOT THEM AT PIGLET STAGE WHEN THEY WHERE STILL 3 WEEKS OLD, STARTED WITH 11, 9 SOW AND 2 BOARS, OUT OF THE ELEVEN I STARTED WITH, I DID NOT GET THE WHOLE 11 AT THE SAME STAGE, I FIRST STARTED WITH 5 BY 14TH OF AUGUST THOSE 5 WERE 3 WEEKS OLD AS AT WHEN I BROUGHT THEM TO MY FARM,THE LAST SET WERE GOTTEN BY NOVEMBER AND JANUARY, AS WE SPEAK 3 OUT OF THE 5 SETS I STARTED WITH ARE PREGNANT. MY BREED IS LARGE WHITE, LARGE RACE AND A CROSS BREED AND LARGE WHITE AND LARGE RACE, BY AND LARGE, PIG FARM IS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by paradigmshift(m): 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Earlier today with the pigs grin
they are neat...is it true that pigs eat humans?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by HeroicMeastro: 12:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
So we started off a pig farm in Ịdị Ose, after Ọjọọ in Ibadan some time in August., Bought some crossbreed growers for fattening and Camborough pure breeds (3 gilts) from a Dutch source, with a pure Camborough boar � from another source. The journey has been interesting �
Na pig and pork go kill you for there.
Of all animals na only pig you see
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Streetmovement(m): 12:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

You're doing well cool
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Okeziesg(m): 12:28pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is a pig house in china..hope one day yours will be as this. .

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Autossolutions: 12:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
So we started off a pig farm in Ịdị Ose, after Ọjọọ in Ibadan some time in August., Bought some crossbreed growers for fattening and Camborough pure breeds (3 gilts) from a Dutch source, with a pure Camborough boar � from another source. The journey has been interesting �
What's the minimum cost of starting a pig farm.
For someone that already have space

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.