Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,097 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

My Pig Farm Journey - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pig Farm Journey (31681 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Maize Farm Journey / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eberex(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
I bought them at weaners stage in July last year.
This is how they have grown as at January.

5 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Sambab(m): 12:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Can I have your WhatsApp number

ChineduObinna:
So we started off a pig farm in Ịdị Ose, after Ọjọọ in Ibadan some time in August., Bought some crossbreed growers for fattening and Camborough pure breeds (3 gilts) from a Dutch source, with a pure Camborough boar � from another source. The journey has been interesting �
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by elephant2017: 12:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
How do I get in touch with you. I noticed ure also experienced in this Pig farming. Contact me on 09034005234

quote author=dominique post=120757500]How do you keep those pigs so clean? My secondary school had a piggery. Apart from the disgusting stench that can be detected from about half a kilometer away, the pigs are always dirty. The pigs can give birth to up to 10 piglets at once, seeing this one give birth to just 4 is quite odd[/quote]
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by elephant2017: 12:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
Please @debjoch1 how much did u buy the "Weaners "when they were still 3 weeks old?

2. As I wish to start small with 4 what can you advise is it 2 males with 2 females or 1 male with 3 females?

3. What is sow and what is boar are u referring to either male or female abeg clarify me

4. What's the meeting of pure breed?

5. Can you pls assist me with Housing plan with waste management in mind?

6.other helpful tips for a beginner/novice like me

I'm on 09034005234

quote author=DEBJOCH1 post=120759015]I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022, I GOT THEM AT PIGLET STAGE WHEN THEY WHERE STILL 3 WEEKS OLD, STARTED WITH 11, 9 SOW AND 2 BOARS, OUT OF THE ELEVEN I STARTED WITH, I DID NOT GET THE WHOLE 11 AT THE SAME STAGE, I FIRST STARTED WITH 5 BY 14TH OF AUGUST THOSE 5 WERE 3 WEEKS OLD AS AT WHEN I BROUGHT THEM TO MY FARM,THE LAST SET WERE GOTTEN BY NOVEMBER AND JANUARY, AS WE SPEAK 3 OUT OF THE 5 SETS I STARTED WITH ARE PREGNANT. MY BREED IS LARGE WHITE, LARGE RACE AND A CROSS BREED AND LARGE WHITE AND LARGE RACE, BY AND LARGE, PIG FARM IS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.[/quote]
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by campbelljosh(m): 1:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
I heard they eat dough as well cos some group of people do come to pack waste dough when i was working in a noddles factory
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 1:19pm On Feb 09, 2023
dollynnn:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Hi Dolly! By golly, you have a nice set of legs. wink
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by CaptMarvel(m): 1:20pm On Feb 09, 2023
The smell of Pigs is horrible, I hate to breath when a vehicle fully loaded with Pigs pass by.

You're really doing a hard job. More strength to your muscle.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Shantyken(m): 1:21pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
So we started off a pig farm in Ịdị Ose, after Ọjọọ in Ibadan some time in August., Bought some crossbreed growers for fattening and Camborough pure breeds (3 gilts) from a Dutch source, with a pure Camborough boar � from another source. The journey has been interesting �

How profitable is pig business pls
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by dollynnn(f): 1:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hi Dolly! By golly, you have a nice set of legs. wink

Thank you
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Reinamaria(f): 1:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Happy Weekend everyone,

so one of the pure breed Camborough would be giving birth this week by God's grace grin

Pure Camborough Weaners would be available for sale after a month's interval from then

Yes! Baff them very well. cheesy
They must be neat, whether they like it or not.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by buccal(m): 1:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
FATHAT:

All these trouble for consumption of a vile spiteful creature that doesn't benefit the human body rather causes heart diseases

You should be ashamed of yourself. A simple google search will tell you the health benefits of pork. What stupid heart disease. All red meat can cause heart disease except you don’t eat beef

5 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by buccal(m): 1:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
HeroicMeastro:

Na pig and pork go kill you for there.
Of all animals na only pig you see

I’m glad he ignored you. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by buccal(m): 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
OP, please what’s the budget if I want to start pig farming, I have a space, what will it cost to build their pen and start the business
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by nedekid: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
ContinuousTortu:

Bacon, aka sweetest taboo. Pork sausage is very tempting and delicious. I'll buy one after work today
Lol. Nice one.
If you want to get original UK pork sussage, visit spar, the one at lekki.
Try the Richmond pork sussage. It's like ₦3500 for a pack. In UK like 2.50gbp
Quite tasty.

2 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by johngwain: 1:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Abeg I want free consultation, I dey stay for Abuja and I get land at deidei I want to use it for pig farm, pls send me your number johnmaince@gmail.com..
ChineduObinna:
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ContinuousTortu: 1:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
nedekid:

Lol. Nice one.
If you want to get original UK pork sussage, visit spar, the one at lekki.
Try the Richmond pork sussage. It's like ₦3500 for a pack. In UK like 2.50gbp
Quite tasty.

Unfortunately, I don't stay in Lagos. I'll check Shoprite for it though. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by HeroicMeastro: 2:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
buccal:

I’m glad he ignored you. Nonsense
No wonder you look like a pig. Fool!
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by giantstar: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Having studied Animal Science, this project has been interesting all the way.

Feel free to consult for any enquires(housing, stocking, feeding, treatment etc)
Good job this is what I like to read on net, can I have your WhatsApp number?

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eberex(m): 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Shantyken:

How profitable is pig business pls

Depends on how you look at it.
The returns is actually when the pig farrow and you pray it produces 10+ piglets.
It's the sale of the piglets that gives rise to the profit you would make.

For example if you get 10 piglets, you can seel each one for 20-25k.

3 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Karnice600: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Having studied Animal Science, this project has been interesting all the way.

Feel free to consult for any enquires(housing, stocking, feeding, treatment etc)

More grease to your elbows.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Eyanbahose: 3:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
The Pure breeds are 4 (3 gilts + 1 boar) : for breeding

The crossbreed 4 also ( to be sold for pork)

Today they're all over 80kg with the pure breeds pregnant, feel free to hit me up for your weaners by God's grace grin
amazing. My question would.be: What do you feed your pigs to be this fat cos mine are so thin. Also how many times a day are they fed?

Also, what feeding hack can be used to make them grow faster and bigger
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by DEBJOCH1(m): 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
elephant2017:
Please @debjoch1 how much did u buy the "Weaners "when they were still 3 weeks old?

2. As I wish to start small with 4 what can you advise is it 2 males with 2 females or 1 male with 3 females? I BOUGHT THEM AT N30K EACH AT THAT 3 WEEKS. PLEASE DONT DO LOCAL PIGS, YOU WILL REGRET IT, GO FOR HIGH GENETIC BREED BOAR IS THE MALE, WHILE SOW IS THE FEMALE, DONT GO FOR 2 MALE 2 FEMALE, ONE MALE IS ENOUGH FOR YOU TO SERVICE EVEN 30 FEMALE, YOU HAVE TO CONSIDER THEIR FEEDING AS WELL, GOOD FEEDING IS VERY IMPORTANT. YOU CAN START WITH PURE LARGE WHITE OR LARGE RACE. AS YOU PROGRESS YOU CAN START INTRODUCING OTHER BREEDS. THERE IS A MAN CLOSE TO MY PLACE WHO HAS BEEN DOING LOCAL WHEN I TOLD HIM I BOUGHT 3 WEEKS OLD PIGLETS AT N30K, HE SAID GOD FORBID, THEY CHEATED ME HOW ON EARTH WILL HE BUY A 3 WEEKS OLD PUGS AT N30K, I TOLD SIR, I KNOW YOU ARE AHEAD OF ME ON THIS BUSINESS, BUT AS I SEE YOU THERE ARE A LOTS OF THINGS YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT THIS BUSINESS. OF ALL HIS ANIMAL, NONE OF THEM CAN BE COMPERED WITH MINE IN WEIGHT AND LOOK, MIME ARE PREGNANT AND HIS ARE LOOKING BAD. IS BETTER YOU START AND GET IT RIGHT FROM THE BEGINING. I ALSO USE THE IMO METHOD, THE NONE SMELL METHOD OF PIG FARM.

3. What is sow and what is boar are u referring to either male or female abeg clarify me

4. What's the meeting of pure breed?

5. Can you pls assist me with Housing plan with waste management in mind?

6.other helpful tips for a beginner/novice like me

I'm on 09034005234

quote author=DEBJOCH1 post=120759015]I ALSO STARTED MINE AUGUST 14TH 2022, I GOT THEM AT PIGLET STAGE WHEN THEY WHERE STILL 3 WEEKS OLD, STARTED WITH 11, 9 SOW AND 2 BOARS, OUT OF THE ELEVEN I STARTED WITH, I DID NOT GET THE WHOLE 11 AT THE SAME STAGE, I FIRST STARTED WITH 5 BY 14TH OF AUGUST THOSE 5 WERE 3 WEEKS OLD AS AT WHEN I BROUGHT THEM TO MY FARM,THE LAST SET WERE GOTTEN BY NOVEMBER AND JANUARY, AS WE SPEAK 3 OUT OF THE 5 SETS I STARTED WITH ARE PREGNANT. MY BREED IS LARGE WHITE, LARGE RACE AND A CROSS BREED AND LARGE WHITE AND LARGE RACE, BY AND LARGE, PIG FARM IS A VERY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Neyoohpompy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
Pig farming is lucrative…but you need enough fund for feeding
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by millstone(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:
what is your location please?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Kobojunkie: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Pigs naturally don't like cement floor. B4 u knw it they'll break the floor
So why have cement floors in the first place? undecided
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Nobody: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
buccal:

You should be ashamed of yourself. A simple google search will tell you the health benefits of pork. What stupid heart disease. All red meat can cause heart disease except you don’t eat beef
Consumption of pork is unhealthy period
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by lereinter(m): 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2023
americaninja1:
I love this thread. Growing up my dad has a pig farm , we wake up every morning to clean up the pens before going to school. Urs look similar too. This is around 2003-5. Your pigs are always neat. Kudos you are doing well Sir. One of the female pig once had 11 piglets overnight, ate 3 before morning. We saw 8 piglets and 3 heads, we cleaned it up and fed it well. Only to come back in d evening with another 6 piglets eaten by their mother. My Dad angrily took her out and we shared the puk meat with all our neighbors . Meat was too much that I was literally giving all my class mates fried puk meat everyday for a week. I love the fact that, buyers are always available anytime u want to sell off. They’d be rushing u to come buy. They come from bodija market to come buy from our farm. Another advice is to use ur own scale.

Eat her offspring

When they're not dogs

What caused it
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Bouncin(m): 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
Those sh!ts can die like mumu
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by saintruky(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Depends, anywhere from 70kg upwards for an intensive production system. And above 50kg for local subsistence methods.

So you'll now multiply the 70kg by either #1200 or #2000 to get sales price?
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Brownshoe: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hello! If there was a way a group of people can gather and agree to pay so and so money for the pig and share the meat, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Haven't really eaten pig, but I am interested.
big meat is addictive becos e too sweet.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by americaninja1: 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
lereinter:

Eat her offspring

When they're not dogs

What caused it
They do sometimes.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by SyrusdeHansome(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So why have cement floors in the first place? undecided
My grand parent had a pig farm so i witnessed first hand what pigs can do to a cement floor. They're naturally very dirty nd destructive so i think giving them a cemented floor is a waste of money. And I bliv this question shud be directed to the farmer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.