Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

My Pig Farm Journey - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Pig Farm Journey (31680 Views)

The Largest Pig Farm In Plateau State / My Maize Farm Journey / Starting Kuroiler Farm. Journey With Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:53pm On Jan 10, 2023
grin grin
GabrielYulaw:

Pizza and sharwarma of course grin

4 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Was trying to advise him. Didn't know he had a PhD on all pig-raising aspects. Guy has done his research o. smiley

My brother keep advising abeg, there is always room for improvement

16 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
For your formulated Creepfeed or other formulated pig feed, hit me up

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:57pm On Jan 10, 2023
Percy0006:
Good morning bro, how do i contact you. I leave not too far from ojoo and i am gathering information on livestocks please contact me on WhatsApp.0.8.0.7.0.7.1.8.3.1.4 sir or rather drop your number thank you so much for your reply

You can reach me on +2347014504255 hit me up for your enquires
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2023
Happy Weekend everyone,

so one of the pure breed Camborough would be giving birth this week by God's grace grin

Pure Camborough Weaners would be available for sale after a month's interval from then

15 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:20am On Jan 19, 2023
In other important news!!!. Our Pure Camborough:
The time is near grin

9 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2023
ChineduObinna:
In other important news!!!.
The time is near grin

This one you are showing us pu**y, we should grab Vaseline? wink

Seriously though, you inspire me, guy. I'm planning to relocate to another state this year. And there I plan to start a little small scale farming. Threads like yours are hella inspiring.

12 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:51pm On Jan 19, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Seriously though, you inspire me, guy. I'm planning to relocate to another state this year. And there I plan to start a little small scale farming. Threads like yours are hella inspiring.

Thank you bro,

Well the reddening and swelling of the vulva, coupled with the heavy teats are an indication of imminent farrowing, pikin go soon show

17 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 10:29pm On Jan 19, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Thank you bro,

Well the reddening and swelling of the vulva, coupled with the heavy teats are an indication of imminent farrowing, pikin go soon show

Great. Lemme prepare for naming ceremony wink

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by fobuah8(m): 1:18pm On Jan 20, 2023
I am just a biginer, please can you outline the feed formulation and your source of getting the feeds.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:37am On Jan 21, 2023
fobuah8:
I am just a biginer, please can you outline the feed formulation and your source of getting the feeds.

Combination of BDG, Maize, PKC, SBM, Bone Meal, Rice Bran, Concentrate, Wheat brann and salt make up the feed and they can be sourced from any animal feed ingredient store close to you.

18 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by personality1000: 3:33pm On Jan 21, 2023
oga can you estimate the profit
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 6:57pm On Jan 24, 2023
Before I forget!!!

We have 4 piglets in the building, 2 males 2 females
Was a stressful night on Sunday for me cos the now Sow farrowed btwn 2am and 6am

The piglets are doing just fine and have received their 1st dose of Iron injection today

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2023
personality1000:
oga can you estimate the profit

Of what exactly sir ?

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by GabrielYulaw(m): 7:28pm On Jan 24, 2023
ChineduObinna:
Before I forget!!!

We have 4 piglets in the building, 2 males 2 females
Was a stressful night on Sunday for me cos the now Sow farrowed btwn 2am and 6am

The piglets are doing just fine and have received their 1st dose of Iron injection today

Congratulations on the new additions to the family, sir. I pray for God's blessings on the sokorotum of the papa grin

By the way, isn't 4 a little small for a litter?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Congratulations on the new additions to the family, sir. I pray for God's blessings on the sokorotum of the papa grin

By the way, isn't 4 a little small for a litter?

Thank you brother grin, well this is her 1st litter, at about 10months of age, ideally one should breed Gilts at about 100Kg( we did at 80kg), and we didn't feed any special diet for breeding or gestation, so we think 4 is still good from the expected 6-8 for 1st litters of Camborough Pure lines

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by omoluabi87: 4:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
Four is low: if you are expecting 6-8 for the first farrowing then there's something wrong in my opinion. Or were there any stillborn(s).
Your pig looked fat for a gilt so that might be the cause or maybe the boar was young.
You can breed at 80kg without any issues so that's not the cause.

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by christistruth01: 5:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
omoluabi87:
Four is low: if you are expecting 6-8 for the first farrowing then there's something wrong in my opinion. Or were there any stillborn(s).
Your pig looked fat for a gilt so that might be the cause or maybe the boar was young.

The Sow is ok it has many Teats and the Piglets look healthy it looks like it is the Boar that needs changing
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by omoluabi87: 7:40pm On Feb 01, 2023
christistruth01:

The Sow is ok it has many Teats and the Piglets look healthy it looks like it is the Boar that needs changing

From the pictures, I can see at least 10 teats so that's not an issue.
The boar may be the cause like I said before but unless he tells us how old it is (and maybe give some physical attributes) we can't say for sure.
IExcess fat in the gilt (now sow) may also be an issue but I'm talking from pictures.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by christistruth01: 10:46pm On Feb 01, 2023
ChineduObinna:

Yes they eat pawpaw leaves, peels and even seeds, they eat a lot of organic rubbish actually, but you cannot reach market weight in 3-4months feeding them things like that

If they are fed only orgaic rubbish how long do you think it will take
For them to reach market weight
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Kachifo3: 1:06pm On Feb 02, 2023
following
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ChineduObinna(m): 11:12pm On Feb 03, 2023
omoluabi87:

Actually you're right sir,the Boar was about 6/7 months old, and this Sow was it's first successful mount on the farm having failed to have an implantation with the first one, though I expect better results with the subsequent gilts

12 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by FarmTech(m): 11:12pm On Feb 04, 2023
ChineduObinna:

No sir, they don't attack anyone, and I am wearing a farm boot with good grip on the floor so there's no falling or eating going on. grin

Yes the farm has a borehole

And we have pasture established for feeding our cattle and other small ruminants so the manure goes there, thank you for the advice
I hope you also post about your other livestocks here. Nice thread. I will suggest it for front page.

https://www.nairaland.com/7405787/suggest-front-page-topics-here
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Angelfrost(m): 10:29am On Feb 09, 2023
This is beautiful!

Government and private individuals should help such projects scale up with grants and soft loans!

A thriving agricultural sector and revolution will augur well for the nation!

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 09, 2023
What make up pig food.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by SyrusdeHansome(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Isn't the cement floor hard for their hoofs? lipsrsealed
Pigs naturally don't like cement floor. B4 u knw it they'll break the floor

2 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by dollynnn(f): 10:40am On Feb 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by shantti(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2023
Do u bath then, they look clean

1 Like

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by yourshopkwikguy(m): 10:42am On Feb 09, 2023
Sorry to ask, who do you sell the pig meat to??
Because of the superstitious beliefs of eating pork
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by Careente7(m): 10:44am On Feb 09, 2023
Good morning boss man,I would like to start a pig farm someday.Can you kindly break down the beginning process for me.I’ll really appreciate.
Re: My Pig Farm Journey by nedekid: 10:44am On Feb 09, 2023
GabrielYulaw:

Hello! If there was a way a group of people can gather and agree to pay so and so money for the pig and share the meat, I would appreciate if you could let me know. Haven't really eaten pig, but I am interested.
If you have eat bacon, you have eaten pig. Pork sussage is also the best.
It is really the sweetest meat.
Enjoy. cool

8 Likes

Re: My Pig Farm Journey by ContinuousTortu: 10:47am On Feb 09, 2023
yourshopkwikguy:
Sorry to ask, who do you sell the pig meat to??
Because of the superstitious beliefs of eating pork
I eat pork. Even some Muslims and Christians I know secretly eat it. It is a very delicious meat.

You may be afraid of tapeworms, but if the pigs are grown in a healthy environment, then you have nothing to worry about.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Chinese Investors Abandon Cocoa Products Industry In Ede / Famine Looms As Sokoto Traders Flood Niger Republic’s Markets With Local Rice / My Little Onion And Cabbage Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.